The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:03 pm

I believe you are talking about Strange Star Wars Blogspot, the author did put some of my stuff and info on this site, he has some pretty cool other things as well, very highly recommonded.  As far as a site with complete checklist and variants and pics of these Mex/SA figs that is going to be in the works soon.  I have actually already begun some write-ups and breakdown of variants, haven't begun to take any pics yet.  Very complicated line of bootlegs to grasp for the beginner so I'll probably stick to basics on this article, hope Joe agrees.

As far as any other current site with info or lists of characters and variants there is none but the SSWB is a good start.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:02 am

Finally got around to taking some pics of my Mexican/SA Fetts.  

1. More recent casts.  These seem to be directly cast form a licensed figure, probably LL but not sure.  They still have COO and dates on the back legs.  Started to apprear just a few years ago in black and red (painted).  More colors started to appear within the last year or so.  There are also rubber versions of these currently on the market.
The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 <a href=The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 Picture037_zpse614d102" />

2. A recent cast black Fett bagged w/ two SA figures.  With the same type plastic and paint it's really hard to tell when these were actually made.  
The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 <a href=The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 Picture038_zpsae8c96f2" />

3. Vintage sculpt (80's) bagged w/ header card and weapon.  These nearly-impossible-to-find bagged figures are the older ones from the late 80's.  These Fetts, along with several other HTF characters, were actually produced in a different factory than most of the more common characters.
The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 <a href=The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 Picture039_zps4466c08a" />

4. Vintage sculpt (80's) loose Fett in orange plastic.
The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 <a href=The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 Picture040_zpsbb3d9899" />
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 am

Rebo, some KILLER fetts there bro, i ordered a red one the same as yours in the first picture a week ago, am i right in thinking these are made in the late 90s?

Thanks for putting the pics up cheers great stuff, its so nice to get an idea of whats out there.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Great pics! Thanks for sharing Cool 
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:05 pm

I still can't breathe when I see that orange one and those bagged SA's! I have almost a hundred vintage fetts and 0 vintage SA. One day, one day...
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 am

Awesome thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:24 pm

AussieFortuna wrote:
am i right in thinking these are made in the late 90s?
As far as the older sculpted figures they were produced in the late 80's, the more recent ones are more like within the past several years perhaps. These didn't start to appear until about 3 years ago when I was offered my first one (loose red). About a years later there were several different ones that starting appearing including some molded without the rocket which was kind of odd. The EXACT origin of these I'm still not 100% sure on.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:27 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
I still can't breathe when I see that orange one and those bagged SA's!  I have almost a hundred vintage fetts and 0 vintage SA.  One day, one day...
Patience my young Padawan. In time, with a bunch of money, you will find a vintage SA Fett from... well, somewhere I'm sure. Anywho, I'll keep my eyes out.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 am

cheers cheers Just scored 6 mexi 3 packs on ebay.

5 for a minimum bid of $15 and one for $22, every other time ive put in multiple minimums on these ive been beaten easy with the average winning bids of around $30 and more, so i wasnt expecting to win any, but find ive won 6:affraid: affraid 

Quite a few doubles, but heaps of great figures too, two caped vaders, plenty of dif coloured snows, nice yodas, so im pretty stoked.

Its great to have a few to trade too.

My mexi set is really taking shape👏

I find its only when you start getting a good amount together on display that the collection starts taking on a real life of its own.

Loving the mexis, and its great to be collecting boots that are easy on the wallet for a change lol.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Good score on the 3-packs man, that's a hell of a lot less than what I paid for mine a few years ago. Glad you like the Mexican line, looking forward to seeing your collection.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 1:40 am

rebojazz wrote:
Good score on the 3-packs man, that's a hell of a lot less than what I paid for mine a few years ago.  Glad you like the Mexican line, looking forward to seeing your collection.
Thanks Rebo, yep im pretty chuffed bro, ive been pretty determined not to be paying overs for boots, every little bit adds up, but if its a fair price im all over it.
It would be so easy to pay 50%-100% more for boots if you wernt careful and that would basically put me outa the game.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:00 am

Now is the time to buy a lot of these 3-packs and other loose Mex/SA's since they have been so cheap. Markets been pretty hot, well, almost too hot really. Funny thing is a lot of the ones that were easy to find 5-6 years ago you can hardly even find now and the ones in these 3-packs were nearly impossible to find back then.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 am

Rebo, im seeing a hell of alot of the single coloured fetts coming out.

They seem very poorly cast, have arms that push on and off, i have a black one and orange one, the arms are really bad casts, they almost look a bit melted, i think you have a few of these on your POTF cards up there, i also saw one in a mexi 3 pack, with a potf c-3p0 and r2 with it, these look modern to me, it wouldnt surprise me if these fetts are still being made?

Whats your opinion on these mate?
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:06 am

Check out the first or second page of this thread, you'll see some info I posted on these Fetts there. I'm not sure what all updates I have since then other than these more modern cast Fetts come with or without the rocket in the back. I've also seen rubber versions recently as well.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:41 pm

rebojazz wrote:
Check out the first or second page of this thread, you'll see some info I posted on these Fetts there.  I'm not sure what all updates I have since then other than these more modern cast Fetts come with or without the rocket in the back.  I've also seen rubber versions recently as well.  
Cheers mate, somehow i missed what you wrote there, prob too busy looking at the pics lol.

On the topic of the rubber ones, (not the toxic rubbers)

These rubber ones have to be made for the collector market??

Ive bought a few max rebos and droopy's just for the fun factor cause ive never seen boots or customs of them before, also a few others really cheap, and ive got them from 3 different places in Mexico, not close to each other at all.
So it makes me wonder who or how are they being made?
None of them are dirty or used, they all have bubbles in them, it seems a real mystery,seems to be some backyard job? if anybody would know it would be yourself.
Any idea on these rubbers?
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 5:49 pm

The rubber Mexican bootlegs that have been on the market lately are indeed made for the collectors market or like you said "backyard job". Actually even the "toxic" ones that were around a few years ago were as well. There have been several waves of various rubber bootlegs over the past 7-10 years or so. Now here is where it gets complicated.... some of these have also been sold in open markets in Mexico as toys, not just on Ebay. Some of these are also made by small toy "companies" (I say that term very loosely) and not just some individual in his basement. Most of the rubber figures that have appeared on Ebay within the last few years (multi-colored rubber figures) have only been sold there that I know of. Several years ago there were some other rubber figures that came bagged w/ small header cards that were also sold in these Mexican open markets (almost like flea markets here). Even though these are more modern casts of vintage figures they have been sold "as toys" in Mexico and not just on Ebay to make money.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:23 am

Hi Rebo, what would you say are the 10-15 rarest mexican/sa boots ?

I could guess that the mini jabba and stormtrooper are in the list, i cannot believe the price that that stormy went for the other day, i never thought these mexi's could go for that much.

So whats on your rare or hard to find list?

And do you have a definitive list of every figure made, not variants, just characters ?

There seems to be so little info about these figures, maybe you could make a site one day or write a book, id buy it cheers 

cheers
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:34 pm

To briefly answer your questions, I'll go further in detail in a few days when I get home.

My top rare Mex/SA characters:
Mini Jabba
Prune Face
Luke X-Wing Pilot
Han Endor
Ree Yees
Boba Fett (original sculpt)
Biker Scout
Stormtrooper
Luke Stormtrooper (POTF2 sculpt)

There are also certain variants and older sculpts that are very rare too, like Princess Leia w/ articulated head and an alternate sculpt Bossk and several others.

I do have a complete list of known character, as well as a couple of possible others yet to be confirmed. Not much info is found on any site, yet. I do have a ton of stuff to put together but just need to find time to do it.

I'll be in touch soon!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks mate:cheers: there seems to be boundless mexican boots, it must be one of the most interesting lines there is, i seem to be seeing new stuff all the time, i just picked up a 6 inch luke carded on a cartoon style back, with a huge green sword as a saber, looked pretty cool, the card is great, ive read it only had two in the line, the other is a vader, im going to use this as a bit of a background for my mexi collection along with some 3 packs, its taking shape brother cheers 
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:41 am

AussieFortuna wrote:
Thanks mate:cheers: there seems to be boundless mexican boots, it must be one of the most interesting lines there is, i seem to be seeing new stuff all the time, i just picked up a 6 inch luke carded on a cartoon style back, with a huge green sword as a saber, looked pretty cool, the card is great, ive read it only had two in the line, the other is a vader, im going to use this as a bit of a background for my mexi collection along with some 3 packs, its taking shape brother cheers 
Mexican bootlegs are indeed boundless, there are tons of different ones out there. Even the biggest line, Mexican SA, have figures that haven't been found yet and it's been around the longest by far.

Kudos on the 6" Luke. I have him and Vader. The sword is a bootleg version from the Thundercats line. Kind of odd they would put that in there.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 am

if your after variants,they made a green sword and a red sword and both darth and luke came with either study still its a small line to complete cheers 

daren
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:26 am

rebojazz wrote:
AussieFortuna wrote:
Mexican bootlegs are indeed boundless, there are tons of different ones out there.  Even the biggest line, Mexican SA, have figures that haven't been found yet and it's been around the longest by far.

Kudos on the 6" Luke.  I have him and Vader.  The sword is a bootleg version from the Thundercats line.  Kind of odd they would put that in there.
Any idea about the history of this 6'' line, have you ever seen many for sale? its gotta be some of the coolest artwork ive ever seen, i actually bought it for that alone.
If you ever see a Vader please give us the heads up, id really appreciate that.
Do you have your mexis on display? if so id love to see some pics.
cheers
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:36 am

emperorburns wrote:
if your after variants,they made a green sword and a red sword and both darth and luke came with either study still its a small line to complete cheers 

daren
Here he is, the man of the moment Daren, thanks for the info buddy, id just be happy to get the vader lol, let alone variations hehehe, im stoked i got a green sword as im a sucker for green, the swords are a pretty whacky addition, sort of makes them cooler to me, i love this whacky mexican stuff, its what attracted me to them, crazy paint jobs and colours, and for most of the part they are cheap boots, well i thought they where until i saw a stormtrooper go for $250 on ebay last week lol, it blew my mind.

Great to see you here Daren, your wealth of knowledge on boots is much appreciated by little tadpoles in the bootleg pond like me Smile 

Have you got any pictures of your boot collection mate? id love to see them, and are you a mexican collector too buddy? Or do you have interest in all the lines ?

cheers

Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:26 pm

As far as history on the 6" Luke and Vader I have no clue, as with most of the Mexican bootlegs.  There are so many different lines out there and practically impossible to track most because the operations were so small.  The Mexican/SA line is a little different cause it's such a bigger line produced over many years, but even then, it's taken me 8 years to get what info I have now with many contacts from different regions.  

Like Daren, I've been wanting to take updated pics of my collection for months now but time is deffinately not on my side.  My job takes me out of town for days/weeks at a time and is only picking up.  Good for me but bad for pics, lol.  I have my entire Mexican neatly displayed in plastic totes at the moment, lol.  I'm trying to finish my down stairs (almost done) and then buy some glass display cabinets to put them in.  

Daren-- really good to hear from you!!!  I'm probably going to email you over the next couple days regarding some things, mostly catching up.

Oh, regarding cheap boots-- most of them are fairly cheap. However, there are quite a few that will set you back some. Those three-packs that have been on the market recently are dirt cheap compared to what they were going just two years ago, mainly cause the influx of them popping up. Characters like Fett, Ree Yees, Prune Face and several rare variants will go for hundreds. Ones like Luke X-Wing, Jabba, Han Endor and Jawa is hard to tell... never even came across one for sale.
Back to top Go down
Darth Jaxx
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darth Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:32 pm

emperorburns wrote:

daren
The 6" Vader also came with a yellow sword. I have one of each. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next