The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 am

That was a bit rude of me. Congrats on the score, Stevo. More crap What a Face What a Face Joking of course. You must be stoked to finally have one. Cool
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:51 am

bow awsome find steven :clap: congrats :Drool: need one now affraid

daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 am

Josh wrote:
You must be stoked to finally have one. Cool

Hell yea! I found the yellow Snowtrooper last year so maybe I'll find the yellow B-Wing Pilot in 2013! bounce .... so far I've only seen his arm :scratch: .
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 am

rebojazz wrote:
Josh wrote:

Hell yea! I found the yellow Snowtrooper last year so maybe I'll find the yellow B-Wing Pilot in 2013! bounce .... so far I've only seen his arm :scratch: .

ive seen both his arms smoke lol!

daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

emperorburns wrote:
rebojazz wrote:
Josh wrote:

ive seen both his arms smoke lol!

daren

Oh, thats right, lol. I don't know what will happen if I find an armless one, it will be some rough bartering on both our parts lol! .
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

lol! Funny Stuff.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 pm

What's better than a rare yellow AtAt Driver? Why a yellow Fett to match of course!!! cheers

[img]The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 Picture027_zps1069f059[/img]
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Makes me jealous and, at the same time, want a banana lol! lol!

That's great man, wow that is just outstanding!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:27 pm

I told you how awesome that Fett was on Facebook but also wanted to note here... Fekin cool Fett Steven!!!! It's top 5 coolest Mexican Fett I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks Andy! That yellow Fett was a big surprise. And to find him bagged on that rare header card is an even bigger surprise. He's definitely my biggest find in years. The older Mexican/SA figures include some of the rarest bootlegs out there today, some have yet to be discovered. As unpopular and untapped as this line of bootlegs is, it is by far the toughest line to complete! After 7 years I'm still struggling to complete a set of every character. Not even Uzays are that difficult. With this line it's not even the matter of having the money to buy them, it's finding some of these characters and variants that is the toughest challenge. I currently have almost 250 different variants and still have many more to go!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 am

250...... looks like I've gotta get off my lazy ass and catch up.....daaaaayum.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:14 am

250???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dude that is the reason never to start collectting those! lol!

Can we look forward to a limelight soon???

CONGRATS! The yellow Bob especially looks gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 am

amazing find steven :clap: probably made around the same time being the same plastic.just awsome score.keep them coming and if you find extras joes got no room left for them with all his polish carded figures,so pass them along to me :cool laugh:

daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks guys! Yea, Joe's room is getting kind of full, huh. As far as any new limelights, I have no plans yet. I've already made a couple promises to take updated pics of my POTF2 bootlegs first... then I need to find time to do that. The yellow Fett I believe was made the same time as the AtAt Driver, not only same color plastic but also same color paints were used.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:02 pm

never worry.....There's always room at Mos Yglesias for more bootlegs celebrate

Unfortunately too much room in my wallet lately making new acquisitions a bit harder. Sad

I've got some sales coming up, to pay down debts and get the wallet ready for battle in 2013. Looks like it's gonna be a good year to be a bootleg collector. cheers

Cheers
J
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
boring-fett
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
boring-fett

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 am

I'm pretty new here but i'm a huge Fett fan. Just now getting into bootlegs after getting interested in the hunt more than the acquisition. I just love the odd ball stuff - I used to collect error cards and factory defects but the bootlegs seem more interesting. I had no idea how many types there were until recently. I'd only heard of the Polish one until this past summer...

That yellow Fett is one of the coolest things I've ever seen...
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:26 am

Just ordered my first 15 mexicans for a great price, decided to concentrate on the polish unarts and mexicans, so i have the best of both worlds cheers 

LOL, I said a month ago i was only going to collect the unarts lol, now im collecting mexicans too, its a slippery slope, but at least the mexicans are not too bad on the wallet.

So hi all you fellow collectors in this thread :clap: celebrate 
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 8:38 am

Welcome to the Mexican club Aussie! If your looking for anything particular let me know. I'm also finishing my Polish unarts as well, three more to go.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:27 am

rebojazz wrote:
Welcome to the Mexican club Aussie!  If your looking for anything particular let me know. I'm also finishing my Polish unarts as well, three more to go.

Hey, thanks for the welcome mate, very kind of you.

Plenty i need lol, will PM you, cheers mate
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:44 am

rebojazz wrote:
Welcome to the Mexican club Aussie!  If your looking for anything particular let me know. I'm also finishing my Polish unarts as well, three more to go.

And forgot to say massive effort on the unarts, 3 to go, thats a huge effort, are yyou collecting all variants as well, do you have a limelight i can see?

cheers
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 pm

I only have 2 Mexican bootlegs at the moment.
I don't know anything about them really (honestly, I haven't researched them yet).
But here are my two semi-articulated Leia Bespins. Smile

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 9309576730_98cdfc9914_b
The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 9309577322_33f27cc00e_b

I think these are the same I see that come in a 3-Pack Bag with the odd weapon/accessory tree inside, but it is hard to tell and if so, there appears to be many variations of paint apps.
Also, if she did come out of that pack, mine are missing the capes. I am still actively seeking a caped version, preferably a purple caped one.

Anyway.....
cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Nice leia's, yep ive seen both in the 3 packs, not sure if they where ever on a card or how else they came.
Ive seen both without capes and the white one with a cape, perhaps an expert could chime in here?
Man, im lovin the mexicans, your purple leia looks sweet as.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Here are the Mexican/SA Leias that I currently have w/ capes.  There is also a blue cape that I haven't found yet that comes with a yellow Leia.  The white Leia w/ clear cape is the most common found but still kind of hard to get.

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 <a href=The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 04c38dd8-5d17-48db-b266-f50fbbdabc1b_zpse287cb36" />

Last edited by rebojazz on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Anybody know where i can find a good visual guide to mexican figures and the varients on the net, ive found plenty in old threads of polish unarts, but not really any on mexis.
Cheers and thanks guys
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:47 pm

At one time I bought a few of these from Rebojazz. I lost the pm where he sent me a site that he has or that he contributed to but it was a good one with some information on these. I have a few of these and they are really neat. I was going to get into these a bit more but then lili ledy caught my eye and that is where all my funds have been going lately. Once I finish up with my ledy stuff I will be back for more of the semi articulated line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next