The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah i think steven covered all the s/a line pretty well.
The potf2 sculps for c3p0,chewy,luke stormy are just that,like the hulked out potf2 figures.the r2 and r5 poft2 sculps are like the potf2 droids,with molded detailing on the bodys.and theres 2 and 3 legged r2s.the boba fett original sculpt needs close attention because there are newer made fake fetts but the sculpt is different to the original ones.i know steven did some detailed pics of them somewhere.im sure he can post them again.the bossk alternate sculpt has a movable head whereas the normal more common one doesnt.same goes for gamorrean guard.the alt sculpt looks more like a kenner one than the little stumpy normal more common one.the vader has the common one you see everywhere and then theres ones that are just different scult,like the cylon vader.its s/a but not the same sculpt as the common one.what is called the s/a line is a specific line of figures made of a waxy type plastic.but there are other semi articulated mex figures.most of these are the alf scuplts mentioned.the scary chewy and yoda are unarticulated but are part if the "s/a" line as they are made by the same factorys from the same materials.they just didnt make those with moving arms.
Im sure steven will have a bag of extras.i have some somewhere but they will all be the common ones.doubt theres any spare rare ones.but lmk if your interested and ill see if i can find them.

Daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Well said Daren.  I do have a few extras, nothing really too rare, but I'll see what I have left.  As far as a picture reference on all variants I am currently working on that now involving another project I'm doing.  Some of the variants I do have pics of but will not be a part of the project cause I don't know who the pics belong to but I'll see maybe what I can do about posting all characters/mold variants here some time for reference.  A couple of the characters, Jawa and Slacious Crumb, I don't even have any pics of but have been told by more than one source that they exist.. of course, I'd rather see it for myself.  As far as getting one of each character the best of luck to you!!  I've been trying to do that for almost 9 years.  Don't give up though cause you never know when something may come up.  As far as known "characters", there are only five that I need: mini-Jabba, Luke Stormy, Nein Numb, Han Carbonite and Han Endor.  I was able to recently acquire a Luke X-Wing so I can mark that one off my list.  I'll see what I can put together here soon as far as a reference model.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for the responses. I am currently setting up my display cabinet and going through everything. I have found my mexican sa bootlegs but don't know if I will have the room to display them just yet. I am interestd in trying to get one of each set so I will go through them to the list above and see what I do and don't have. I don't have many though so the list of needs will be big. No
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:02 am

Love to see a pic of what you do have, I may be able to help you out!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 1:53 pm

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 Image50

Hopefully you can follow this link.  All I have here at the house is an iPad as my computer is on the fritz and I don't really know how to use it well.  If the link didn't work the picture of my mexi bootlegs is in my photo album here on TIG.  I just took the photo with the iPad so again excuse it's terribleness.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Comparing my picture to the list it looks like I am missing the following:

At At Driver
Biker Scout
Boba Fett (original sculpt)
Bossk (Early Sculpt, movable head)
B-Wing Pilot
Chewbacca (POTF2 Sculpt)
Chief Chirpa
Darth Vader (Alt Sculpt)
Gamorrean Guard (Alt Sculpt)
Han Solo
Han Solo Carbonite
Han Solo Endor
Jawa
Lando
Luke Bespin (Early Sculpt, movable head)
Luke Stormtrooper (POTF2 Sculpt)
Luke X-Wing Pilot
Mini Jabba
Nein Numb
Princess Leia
Princess Leia (Early Sculpt, movable head)
Prune Face
R2 D2
R2-D2 (Alt Sculpt)
R2 D2 (POTF2 Sculpt)
Ree Yees
Slacious Crumb
Snowtrooper (Vintage Sculpt)
Stormtrooper
Squid Head
Yoda (Alt Vintage Sculpt)
Yoda (Vintage Sculpt)

Over half the list missing No The good news is I am now on the hunt for these so if you have any of the above let me know. With thes I am not going to be variant picky so various colors or paint changes not matter to me much. I will say I did not know how fragile the paint is on these and that the box I have them stored in has a ton of paint flecks in it now where the vintage sculpt c3po that is silver has apparently been flaking off paint. The paint on these seems very delicate/fragile (and probably poisonous). lol!
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 2:23 pm

It looks like you have most of the more common ones already.i think i have a few off your list spare.ill let you know shortly which i have.steven might have the same and more.he has stacks of them im sure.i bet he even has a box of mini jabbas that hes hiding lol!
As for paint flaking off.thats the bain of collecting mex boots im affraid.i put each of mine in their own zip lock bags to try to keep them from trashing each other.it doesnt work by the way.joe has them all in a cabinet display.i think thats the only way to stop them beating the paint off each other.

Daren
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 2:57 pm

First thanks to John for fixing my picture. I couldn't get it to work and he was kind enough to help me out.

Daren, if you have any spares your interested in selling let me know. So Steven is a hoarder hiding all the mini jabbas? That low down dirty son of a.......oh wait I may need to keep him as a buddy. lol!

Though I haven't spent a ton of time on these before now, I am excited to have something new to go after as I completed my Ledy run and only need upgrades in it now. Fitting that the Ledy run was a hard set to complete and so the bootlegs from the same country will be equally as or harder to complete. Considering how rare some of these are I may be breaking off more than I can chew. :I am stupid:

Another quick question, these mexico sa bootlegs have a yoda with non movable limbs as well as the ugly chewbacca with non movable limbs, so my question is there is a luke I have seen once on eBay a long while ago that was tied up with his arms above him and looking on the outer realm site there are other non movable limb figures. Are these figures all considered part of the sa line? If not why are the yoda and chewbacca part of it and not the others as they are non movable limbed also? I don't look for these often so may have missed sales periodically but how rare are some of the non movable limbed figures?

Is joseph y still collecting the mexican sa figures or still have his collection? He had some sales threads here a long while ago and was selling up his uzay stuff so I figured he might be out of collecting. I know he is a member here and if he is reading this joe please feel free to join in. I for one would love to see more on the outer realm site regarding the mexico lines as I am interested in thes figures the most.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Yes,thanks john for fixing the pic.it wouldnt work for me either.a quick question first.what the character in the top left corner of the box,leaning on klaatu? Looks like a luke bespin with a massive head lol!
Concrats on completing your lady run.the bootlegs will be a perfect companion for them Very Happy
If your only looking for any version of each character then you should be able to pick a set up cheap enough.its only the earlier ones that sell for lots.
I hope i explain this correctly.im not the best to do so.ok mex s/a line was ment to mean a specific lune of figures.the term mex s/a was first used to mean mex and south american.as these figures had been found in mexico and other south american countrys.but since then,it has been learned that they were made in mexico and exported to other south amwrican countrys.so joe changed the term s/a to mean semi atriculated.so as to keep the term everybody was familiar with yet having it mean something more in line with what they are.the mex s/a line is a specific line made of soft plastic that has a bit of a waxy feel to it.this line did include the scary chewy(which would be better called wrestling chewy as that is what its based on) and the yoda.these 2 are unarticulated but made by the same people who made the other s/a's.but mexico has lots of different manufactorers of bootlegs.some of these others made semi articulated figures aswell.but theirs were different molding,plastics etc.so these arent part of the mex s/a line but are mex s/a.if that makes sense lol!
There is a luke in chains figure.he is made if a more harder brittle plastic.and very rare.theres also han and leia in chains.these are also harder brittle plastic.all are unartuculated.some unarticulated figures are rare as rocking horse shit and some are reasonably common.each one is its own story on how rare it is.its like anything else though.the older stuff is usually rare.the newer stuff,not so much.
oh and yes joe is still collecting mex boots and has no intention of selling what he has already in his collection.the uzay sales thread was a err momentary lapse if reason.to quote pink floyd.

see i told you im not the best person to explain Smile but hope it helps

daren
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Daren that is a Luke bespin beige color with brown hands and boots.  His head is normal compared to the other Luke's, but I see in the pic it looks weird.  I guess the shadow and crappy camera combo with my skills don't help these things out much. :cool laugh:

I guess I should have been a bit more specific. I want the vintage or original or whatever you might label them as, I just don't care much about color. For instance I have 3 Luke's in my picture. They are all luke bespin figures. None is white and blue, another is beige and brown, and the last is green and brown. I don't really need three Luke's and it doesn't matter which I keep right as they are all from the same time period and same line? That is what I meant by not being picky on them. I just want one of each figure available, but don't care about the color combos or color variants with this line. If I did then the number would be infinite and I would never have enough display room. Heck Steven said he has logged 350 figures alone with just what he has logged and seen. And I am sure there are more than that if you get more picky about differences. I will not sell what I have as they are different, but I don't think I will look for more as that figure is checked off the list. I hope this makes better sense. What I don't want is the crap that was cranked out in somebody's garage yesterday. I do want them all to be the real deal (if that makes sense as we are talking about bootlegs).

Last edited by trappedtexan on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:53 pm

No worries.just checking it wasnt some wierd combo figure.of which there are plenty Very Happy and usually rare if they are those made yesterday ones lol!

Daren
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Sorry I edited my last message as you typed out yours. I haven't bought any of these in a while and actually if you look at my pic you can see some in zip locks. Those figures are the last ones I picked up in this line and they came for Steven. Am not interested in the newer homemade stuff that is around. See my last response for more as I was in the middle of editing it when you responded again.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Yea, my box of mini-Jabbas is sitting right next to my unopened case of carded Headmen, LOL. I'm really not that much of a hoarder when it comes to these, most of the extras that I do have are already shown in your pic. However, I do have a gray Luke, green B-Wing Pilot and a red Lando that I could help you with. If you'd like to have these three I'd even throw in a cool freebee suprise.

Yes, the Yoda and Chewie are from the same line. Why these sculpts you ask? Hell if I know. I'm sure it would have been easier to cast an original Chewie but instead they made a weird bearded one, kind of cool though. On the list of what you still need you need to cross off Leia and AtAt Driver as you already have both of those.

Yes, Joe does still have his Mexican collection and has no intention of selling it or anything else at this time. If he was Daren and I would be beating each other with baseball bats on his door step, lol.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Oh, and as far as logging figure variants there are more than 500 that I'm aware of. I've learned a lot since that post, lol.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:24 pm

I really think the chewy is based on the unart wrestling figures that are made in mexico and very popular there.i know they make a ton of those in a variety of poses.but ive seen some in the exact same pose as chewy.those were all unarticulated.maybe one of designers had a wrestling fettish.it is big business there.
Ive found my bag of spares theres landos,bwings,luke bespins,potf r2 w/3 legs.potf r2 w/2 legs,snowtroopers,bibs,klaatus,gamoreans (stumpy) at at drivers,ugnaughts,emperors,liea bespins,logray,poft chewy,r5d4 and some poft unarts,luke dagobah and vader oh and a couple of playskool wickets and a extended shoulders unart han and lando and yoda and a little marx vader.and some micro series boots too.
That is all.if your looking for any lmk

Daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:32 pm

I want them ALL Daren!!! Because I'm a HOARDER!!!! Just kidding.

The POTF2 R2 with two legs, is that with movable legs?
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Sheesh.make me walk back upstairs to check Smile
No the 2 legged r2 is solid.the 3 legged has.movable legs(except his middle one)

Daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Now that you're back down stairs can you walk back up and take some pics so Texan and I can look? Thanks buddy you're the greatest! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:35 pm

lol! being as its you Smile but ill email you the pics so you can post them on here.still no idea how to do that :I am stupid:

Daren
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 6:01 pm

Pics sent Smile please post the sales ones as i am useless.
Many thanks
Daren
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Sorry guys had to step out for a bit. I look forward to seeing what you have. Steven i will shoot you a pm to work out price. Darren once a pic is up I will shoot you a pm also. I will for sure need the r2s as I don't have any of those. What is a Marx vader? Is that from the same line? It isn't on the list. And I assume the other things you listed there are also not the Mexican sa line. I may still be interested as I have other bootlegs also, they are all packed away at the moment, but they were all newer if I remeber right. I am not really going for other boot lines at the moment, but I am for sure steering away from the polish stuff until I start researching it more. Trems are out of reach at the moment as far as funds as are most polish anyway. I will eventually at least get a trem bib fortuna and Wicket if I see any come up in my range as wicket is my favorite character and bib fortuna trem has that super dark coat and just looks awesome. For now though I am trying to maintain a focus on these mexican sa line.

I am glad to hear Joseph came to his senses. I wish he would do more with his outer realm site as it is a plethora of knowledge. I know he had that fall out with Phillip, but I love to look at his limelight pics over there since I found it.

I have never seen the han and Leia that are tied up. I assume they are super rare. If you guys ever see a fett sa come up give me a shout as I don't have one. I would prefer the original mold and not the newer, but will take what I can get I guess. I look forward to this line keeping my interest for a long while. And with 500 color variants to choose from.......good lord, I think it will keep me busy forever. Of course like I said I don't need all the color variants. Steven how many of the Mexican sa figures are painted in the same scheme (or close to) kenner? Maybe I will shoot for the ones that look similar to kenner figures? That would sure be a cool set if there are enough.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:17 am

As far as SA figures that are painted like their Kenner counterparts, not very many and they are usually the older ones from the 80's. I'll post a pic of what I have today.

Right now I'm trying to get Darens pics somehow converted to where I can post them here. He has some nice stuff Bryan. I already have everything in the pics as far as SA so have at it buddy!
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:54 am

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 %3Ca%20href=The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 20150228_2242471_zps2eqemjwx" />The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 %3Ca%20href=The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 20150228_2241051_zpswu2einln" />

I was finally able to download these two, still trying to work on the third, not sure if it's the file or my Photobucket need updated. Anyway, here are the Mexican and SA's. The other pic has the three others, I'm not sure what they are and don't look like Star Wars. I'll keep trying to post it.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:42 pm

:buzzing: awesome mexi plastic goodness. Daren, I will send a pm to work out price. Quick question for anybody who wants to answer. I assume that silver vader looking one is what you called a Marx vader? Is Marx a bootleg line? Is there more characters in the line? I have never seen it. I also haven't seen the mini items before. Are the mini ones based off the vintage die cast line, or the newer micro machine line, or are they a new product altogether? Are they plastic or metal?
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:53 pm

Bryan,that silvery vader is the marx vader.its not a bootleg line in itself.its bootleged from a line of toy soldiers made by the marx toy company.i only know of a vader but there might be different ones like stormys.ive just never seen them.
Those mini ones are all from the newer micro series.there are vintage micro series ones.of the top if my head theres vader,hoth stormys and chewy with raised arms(hes cool) but they also did these micro series ones.these are just my doubles.they are all plastic.
Hope this helps.pm when youve had a good look through Smile

Daren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next