The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 5:37 pm

I would love to do a limelight .... one day when I have time I will give it a crack ... getting wisdom teeth out soon so I may have a few days off work to play
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 4:58 pm

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Lkjhjh10

The TIG Exam Room

Please welcome the next TIG victim who has bravely agreed to take the probe ...

A Model citizen that needs to be Trem'ed down to size ... Twisted Evil

TEST SUBJECT # 37

Screen Name: julioviper
Special Powers: none , unfortunately  No

Greetings Julio , thank you for your cooperation , let the probing begin ....

#1 What is your favorite SW memory ? (film or toy line)

My favorite memory was watching the ANH movie for the first time  Cool
Next was going to a shop called Tijuquinha Gifts here in Rio which had the entire line of Model Trem figures for sale . I remember everytime I went there I spent at least one hour to choose each figure ... it was a tough mission  thinking

#2 Which SW character would you dress up as if you were attending a convention ?

Gamorrean Guard  What a Face

**FX-7 Edit** :
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Ben_co10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Leia_w10

#3 Describe your collection in 50 words or less !

My collection started in 1986... 1st came a dozen Model Trem figures  cheers  Next was Glasslite and POTF2 . The last was Kenner vintage figures... its kind of upside down growing collection  :cool laugh:

**FX-7 Edit** :

Julio's Awesome Glasslite figure display  Very Happy

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Kkkkkk10

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6773-glasslite-display-case-to-be-upgraded

#4 If you had to choose 3 things from your collection as your favorites , what would they be and why ?

My Model Trem IG 88 , Rebel Commander and 2-1B  What a Face

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Kjfj10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Jfjfjf10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Jjjjj10

and here's a link to more of the very cool Model Trem figures in Julio's collection ...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6144-my-humble-modeltrem-collection

#5 What song would you perform at a Karaoke ?

Wake me up - Avicii

#6 What’s the weirdest/most fun SW item in your collection ?

A Model Trem Darth Vader that looks like he was smashed , but it was originally made like that  affraid

**FX-7 Edit** :
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Jjjjjj10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Kkkkk10

#7 Which SW characters , creatures , vehicles or play sets would you like to have seen released that was never released during the vintage line ?

None

#8 Flyboy question ! You have the chance to fly or drive one of Kenner's ships or mini rigs that has been made into a real full-scale working vehicle ... Which vehicle do you choose and why ?

The Millennium Falcon... so I can reach the speed of light and destroy the Empire  Angry SW

#9 Other than Star Wars , what other toy lines do you collect ?

Brazilian GI Joe (Estrela)

**FX-7 Edit** :

There were lot's of cool and unique figure lines that were produced in Brazil ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 48667910

#10 Do you have any other hobbies, and what are they ?

Yes , I collect original World War II items  Very Happy  Helmets , Uniforms , Medals , etc ...

**Before we go , FX-7 would like to present a very special edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Brazil10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Img10

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 897410

This concludes your probe - Excellent answers Julio cheers

Thank you for your participation  :clap:

Please collect your complimentary haircut as you exit ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Funny-29

or this week only , the Probe Room is offering a special rate ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 148810

Now get the hell out of my exam room and send the next victim , er ... Patient in Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Nicely done Julio. :clap:  Your Model Trem's & Glasslite are always a treat to look at. cheers 
James my friend, another nicely done probing. :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Julio, nice one mate, a great read  cheers

James, great job as always bro, keep em comin mate  cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 pm

A good probing Julio, and cool collection pieces. James, great pics  cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:49 am

Thanks for the interviewe Julio and James. Very Happy 

Your custom display for the Glasslite figures looks ace.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 pm

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Lkjhjh10

The TIG Exam Room

There's a Scott in our lot ...  cheers
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 18516710

TEST SUBJECT # 38

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 1290-110
Screen Name: chipsteak
Special Powers: Near-invisibilty lurking powers on internet forums whereby I absorb all the information but rarely have anything to add to the knowledge.

Greetings Declan , thank you for your cooperation , let the probing begin ....

Seeing ESB when it came out at the Glasgow Odeon . I hadn't seen SW but did have an older brother describe it scene-by-scene for two years using comics and books to illustrate . Unusually , for when a kid is hyped up into an frenzy , I wasn't disappointed .

#2 Which SW character would you dress up as if you were attending a convention ?

An Emperor's Royal Guard for two reasons : Firstly , I could do it on the cheap with just the helmet with a red curtain  :cool laugh: . Secondly - I'm a wheelchair user which would make for an amusingly ineffectual Royal Guard  What a Face

**FX-7 Edit** :

excellent choice cheers

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 84814610

a sharp dressed man will certainly attract a little attention from the ladies What a Face

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 The-em10

#3 Describe your collection in 50 words or less !

A replacement of everything I had as a kid  cheers  My collection now is unbroken , complete and mostly boxed . I also have a collection of complete loose figures in vintage collectors cases , a few MOCs and a pile of cardbacks . Nothing special but enough to line a walk-in cupboard  Very Happy

#4 If you had to choose 3 things from your collection as your favorites , what would they be and why ?

1 )The AT-AT I've had since the 80's . Restoring its knackered old shell , and getting a box for it , got me into the hobby about three years ago when I was ill . It was something nice to indulge myself in . The AT-AT is the route of me getting into this .

2 )My MOC Jawa . It's the only first-film MOC I have . I didn't expect to end up getting this far , really . When I started I was aiming for a knackered set of loose figures until I ended up upgrading to decent examples when I realized I couldn't stop .

3)Off the top of my head , I'm much more fond of a MOC Readalong tape/book than I really should be . Sometimes its the daft stuff which is the most evocative of the era .

4.33 by John Cage

**FX-7 Edit** :

That's a tough one to play , have you not heard the Metal version yet ?  Cool

#6   What’s the weirdest/most fun SW item in your collection ?

A Panini ( Europe's answer to Topps ) box that once housed stickers on a newsagent counter 31 years ago . I really like ephemera items and would like more they ever turn up in my price range . I got the Panini box for free when a friendly ebayer, an attic clearing kinda guy, sent me it for free with whatever I bought because he thought I might fancy it . It's full of silly corner-shop stuff like pencil tops and erasers .

#7 Which SW characters , creatures , vehicles or play sets would you like to have seen released that was never released during the vintage line ?

Tarkin's the obvious one . I suspect that they thought two old men were a no-no in the early days before they realized they could release everyone . I'd have liked another R2 unit too - one of the background black ones the Empire use would have been nice . Semi-anonymous droids had a certain playability to them . The likes of R5-D4 can sit in for any spare droid . I'd have loved the long-nosed , squeaky , goggle wearing informer too . Although if we did get him circa 1979 he'd have probably been wearing a peach colored onesie and a snorkel  lol!

**FX-7 Edit** :
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 70460612
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 36810
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 69937910

Playsets? A Carbon Freeze Chamber would have been nice - a bit like the POTF2 one that appeared later . That's a modern toy I keep meaning to pick up ...

**FX-7 Edit** :
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Cfc_li10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Cfc_li11

#8 Flyboy question ! You have the chance to fly or drive one of Kenner's ships or mini rigs that has been made into a real full-scale working vehicle ... Which vehicle do you choose and why ?

PDT-8 definitely ! No , not all . Vader's TIE would be quite sleek

**FX-7 Edit** :
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Daftvc10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 F2121b10

#9 Other than Star Wars , what other toy lines do you collect ?

I collect Viewmaster reels , I have a modest collection of Black Hole things , and other one-off bits and bobs from the era .

**FX-7 Edit** :

gotta love Viewmaster's  ...
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Star-123

and Mego's Black Hole figures are very cool  What a Face
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 334inc10

Music  cheers  listening to lots of it and making small amounts of it  Cool

**FX-7 Edit** :

Reading and listening about science about 25 years too late .

I collect film posters too including ESB and SW/ESB Double-Bill quads . There's an oddball SW poster in there too - a decent sized ESB soundtrack ad mentioning a special-offer or something at Woolworths . I don't have wall-space for him though  What a Face

While I'm here I should really say thanks for the forum - It's a friendly place which is a great idea  cheers

**FX-7 Edit** :
We are glad you enjoy the site and are pleased that your a member  cheers

This concludes your probe - Excellent answers Declan cheers

Please collect your complimentary Loch Ness field guide as you exit ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 260px-10FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Thpkx910
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Emily_11

Now get the hell out of my exam room and send the next victim , er ... Patient in Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Another good probing  cheers  Good work Declan and James.
Declan, I think you're right... I dread to think what colour schemes and bodysuits Kenner would have come up with next if they made more Mos Eisley characters  lol!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Great probing Declan, cheers  love the black hole figures. I'll have to see if my view master slides are still kicking around.

James, I don't know when you find the time to sleep, well done as always. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Great probing Declan, cheers   love the black hole figures.  I'll have to see if my view master slides are still kicking around.

James, I don't know when you find the time to sleep, well done as always. Very Happy 

lol! 

I don't sleep much ... bit of a insomniac  What a Face 

4 hours sleep and at least 8 to 10 cups of Dark Sumatran Starbucks coffee a day is all I need  :buzzing: 

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Beavis_wired
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Another very entertaining read  cheers 
Great work Declan and James  cheers
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks guys. I enjoyed the probe.

My main memory of Black Hole figures from the time is well-meaning adults buying me them from whatever the equivalent of pound shops was. They thought 'oh that will be those space figures he likes'.

I never knew there was a drum cover of 4.33. It's a bit to avant-garde of an interpretation for my taste, though, coming in as it does at 3.21.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:39 am

Another enjoyable read. Well done Declan & James.  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 pm

two more excellent probes Jim  cheers :clap: 

Julio I love looking at your GL and MT sets mate, they are amazing. I particularly like the hammer smashed Vader  :I am stupid: 

Declan, a thoroughly interesting read mate, its great to find out a bit more about you and your collecting. The  Mego 'Black Hole' line is really cool, I might have to pick up some of those droid figures  Smile 
Also It would be cool to see an oddball limelight of some of your collection, including the movie posters, I love the artwork on those things. Particularly Drew Struzan's later, special edition re-release posters. If ever you find the time.

excellent work guys, as always  :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks Chris. I will do. I'll take pictures soon!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:00 am

Nice work Declan, really enjoyed that mate, and once again nice work jimmy, thanks to both of you.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:23 pm

The TIG Exam Room

One of our youngest members at TIG - although not wet behind his ear he was very tight in the rear - Twisted Evil

TEST SUBJECT # 39

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 784-7210
Screen Name: Mike_Z
Special Powers: No worries

Greetings Mike , thank you for your cooperation , let the probing begin ....

#1 : What is your favorite SW memory ? (film or toy line)

Spring of 2012
While visiting a couple friends in Chicago for the weekend I searched the local Craigslist site and found an ad for a complete set of vintage Star Wars figures, loose and carded. Of course my initial reaction to ‘complete set’ was skeptical; however I asked for a picture of the items for sale and I was excited to see the lot!
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Img00810

My friend Jeff (also an avid vintage collector) and I split the deal and offered $700 for the set. He accepted and I’ll never forget that vintage euphoric high we felt (you hunters know) on that 45 minute drive back to our friends place, car filled with shoe boxes.
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Img00811
The set was near complete and only missing a pop up R2 D2. The vinyl cape was also a reproduction but everything else checked out.

Honorable Mention: August of 2012, Celebration C6

#2 : Which SW character would you dress up as if you were attending a convention ?

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm of those who do dress up, I couldn’t do it… If there were a blaster to my head, I would choose that alien standing in the Cantina with the drink and water pipe.

**FX-7 Edit** :

If my assistants asked would you really need a blaster held to your head thinking
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Star_w91

or would you throw on the Melas costume as quick as possible ?
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Uygyyu10

#3 : Describe your collection in 50 words or less !

Almost all of my collection was tracked down, hunted and purchased locally. Estate sales, garage sales, flea markets, Craigslist, etc… buying in the wild is challenging but rewarding… MIB, MOC, Loose...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Img00410
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Photo510

#4 : If you had to choose 3 things from your collection as your favorites , what would they be and why ?

1.) 48 back ROTJ Darth Vader – A tough card variation to find in any condition let alone perfect!
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Photo210

2.) The Blue Snaggletooth found in the Chicago lot, later UV protected/graded...
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Img26210

3.) My lanyard/badges from Celebration 6 that’s decorated with all of the great fan made pins exchanged over the weekend...
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Image810

**FX-7 Edit** :

a link to Mike's limelight thread ...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4045-my-local-loose-kenner-run

#5 : What song would you perform at a Karaoke ?

Notorious BIG – Juicy

**FX-7 Edit** :

#6 : What’s the weirdest/most fun SW item in your collection ?

The "Froot Loops" cereal box complete with mail away Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise… I was 10 years old when ordered and remember painfully waiting out the 90 days to finally receive my figure. I still have the white shipping box stamped with my childhood address. It stands as the only modern piece in my Star Wars collection.

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 142_5310
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 25b210

#7 : Which single SW character would you like to have seen released that was never released during the vintage line ?

None

**FX-7 Edit** :

Not even Melas ??? What a Face

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Kgrhqz12FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 C7ed6c10

#8 : Flyboy question ! You have the chance to fly or drive one of Kenner's ships or mini rigs that has been made into a real full-scale working vehicle... Which ship/rig do you choose and why ?

The Millennium Falcon… Is she really THAT fast?!?

**FX-7 Edit** :

She's fast enough for you young man What a Face

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 3_Death_Star_Millenium_Falcon.gif.CROP.original-original
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Thfn0i10

#9 : Other than SW , what other toy lines do you collect ?

Only vintage Star Wars

#10 : Do you have any other hobbies, and what are they ?

I enjoy playing hockey and golf!

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Deb84811FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Tht3ue10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Img_2010FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 7079go10

This concludes your probe - Excellent answers Mike cheers

Thank you for your participation :clap:

Please collect your complimentary "Alien Disguise Kit" as you exit ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Green_10

the next time a unexpected visitor comes knocking at your door wanting to probe you perhaps you can get out of it by pretending to be one of them What a Face

Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Good answers Mike  cheers
Great pickup on the complete set mate, must of made you very happy  cheers 
Keep em coming James, Great thread  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Well done Mike, I enjoyed reading your answers. Very Happy 
I agree that getting items in the 'wild' can certainly generate a greater thrill than buying from other sources. There's also more chance of getting some real bargains.

Nice work James, the way you're going, we'll have to have a recruitment drive before you run out of members.  lol!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 pm

I love these things!

Such a great way to take a peek into some folks lives and interests!

Great stuff everyone and I hope FX used lube on you cause he didn't on me!  affraid 

And as far as finding things in the 'wild'... man I would love that! I guess I need to become a garage saler or flea market person to do that. Craigslist scares the crap out of me sometimes and anytime I look for stuff there, I am waaaaaaaaaaay late to the party.

Anyway... nice probes, James!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Great work mike and jimmy cheers another great probing, what a great thread, i do believe this is the only SW forum that interviews its members, great stuff, love your work guys... :clap: 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:23 am

Just catching up with Mike's probe, a good read and enjoyed seeing some of your nice items. I think you'd have to go some way to beat that Craiglist haul you and friend Jeff made  :clap:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:34 am

AussieFortuna wrote:
Great work mike and jimmy cheers another great probing, what a great thread, i do believe this is the only SW forum that interviews its members, great stuff, love your work guys... :clap: 

you might be right  thinking  I don't think any of the forums do this, though they may have done in the past.

TIG's effort was originally created by John, he interviewed JoeY and another member, Geordie.
When it was my turn to take over I gave it a bit of a revamp. Since then, James has been doing an absolutely stellar job  bow
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you for taking the time to lead these interviews and thank you again for the kind comments!  :clap: 

May I recommend the next contestant keep the following in arms reach...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 18106
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:27 pm

The TIG Exam Room

TEST SUBJECT # 40

Screen Name: LLSEEKER
Special Powers: Making "space" for my "space" collectibles at home

Greetings Carlos , thank you for your cooperation , let the probing begin ....

It has to be how it all started. In 1977-1979 the SW toy line came and went quickly for me because I was into Best of the West action figures and in my young eyes SW toys didn’t compete very well against action figures with 20+ accessories and many articulation points like Johnny West or General Custer.  
In 1980 I wasn't very aware of ESB, but that would be the year in which SW would hook me forever. In that year a friend of mine started taking his 3 inch action figures to school. Initially he took his Mego Pocket Heroes (Spider-Man, Batman and others) and we played with them during school time. That was exciting since 3 inch figures were a new thing for me.
One fateful day my friend took to school a blue figure with green chestplate and a rocket on its back.  What an ultra-cool character! He had to tell me the figure's name and role in the movie, of course, but that figure alone made me seriously consider switching my toy interests. As if that wasn't enough, the knockout punch came a few days later and was so powerful that has lasted for 34 years…. It happened when my friend pulled out of his pocket a green little dude with pointy ears and the tiniest freaking clothes I had ever seen.... The rest is history....

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 359e0810

Initially the blue dude with rocket. Since way too many fellows dress up as him, for sakes of being original I would go as Amanaman.

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 0210

#3 Please tell us what your overall collection focus is and why you chose to concentrate in this area of collecting :

I focus on vintage 3 inch figure variations from all over the world. I have always found this area of collecting very interesting because back in the 70’s and 80’s SW was a global phenomenon in a non-global world, which led to many countries manufacturing action figures instead of centralizing production like companies do now. Non-centralized production gave figures from each country slightly different looks that are commonly defined as variants and that somehow reflect the specific philosophy of each company and showcase the technology and standards that they had in hand to get the job done.

I chose 3 sub-groups, here they are:
1. Lili Ledy sub-focus: I am very proud of my country’s take on the SW toy line. It is never boring and we are still discovering new things about it almost 30 years after they shut the factory down.
2. Foreign (to USA) toys: They give us the chance to see how different SW toys were everywhere.
3. Specific character sub-focus: For example the little green dude or blue dude with rocket.

-To party hard, anything from AC/DC.

**FX-7 Edit** :
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Ac-dc-10

-In a more artistic situation, just to prove everybody that I can’t sing at all: Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel or No Surrender by Bruce Springsteen.

**FX-7 Edit** :
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 80ac9910
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Bruce-10

#6   What’s the weirdest/most fun SW item in your collection ?

As a kid I didn’t have many playsets or big vehicles so discovering them as an adult has been a lot of fun. When I finally got a Jawa Sandcrawler I remember putting batteries in it and playing like a little kid at age thirty-something! Another big hit for me was the Droid Factory since it wasn’t released in Mexico and none of my childhood friends had it.

Characters: Moff Tarkin, Han Stormtrooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Wedge, Garindan and more cantina aliens, I don’t care exactly which one, all of them are cool.
Creatures: Bantha
Vehicles:  Sail Barge
Play Sets: A decent Cloud City with carbon freeze chamber and Jabba´s palace

**FX-7 Edit** :

A Bantha would have been awesome  cheers

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Bantha10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Bantha11

#8 What advice would you give to a collector just starting out in the hobby ?

Golden rule: Collect only what you like. Don’t get carried away by an item just because it is popular or other folks consider it “cool”.
These are risky times to start a collection since high-priced items have motivated  scammers to try very hard and create believable fakes that can fool even seasoned collectors, so please buy very carefully, preferably from guys within the collecting communities. If buying online ask fellow collectors for references on sellers when possible.

#9 Other than Star Wars , do you collect any other toy lines ?

Vintage: Mego & Cipsa Planet of the Apes, Mego & Lili Ledy WGSH, Kenner Indiana Jones.
Modern: Neca Predators & Aliens.

**FX-7 Edit** :

Bonus Points for Planet of the Apes  cheers

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Mkitau10

There is at least one other person that collects Ape's here at TIG too  Wink

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5404-does-anyone-else-collect-mego-planet-of-the-apes?highlight=apes

The Cipsa line is really cool too  What a Face

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Cipsau10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Cipsac10
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Cipsab10

Sports: I am a blue belt in Tae-Kwon-Do and  played full-pad American football from ages 7 to 21. Currently I try to find time to exercise and keep reasonably in shape. Big Pittsburgh Steelers fan.
Music: I play the drums, formed a few rock & roll bands with friends in high school and college and played for kicks at school parties and stuff… Never earned a single peso from it but it was a ton of fun….

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 T2ec1611
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 3bdcfe11FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 N8k3p212
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 34523111

This concludes your probe - Excellent answers Carlos cheers

Please collect your complimentary coupon for a free hemorrhoid removal as you exit ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Images10

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 Frankh10

"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next