The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbybobs
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Thanks mate, very nice of you to say. Always a pleasure dealing with a gentleman like yourself.

Welcome to TIG by the way!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:05 pm

AWESOME probe Christian  :clap: , really enjoyed your answers and the time you put into it, for anybody that hasnt had much contact with Christian i can say he is a top shelf guy, and a real gentleman, great probe mate and great to see you here.

Another great probe Jimmy, lovely work mate  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Oh i forgot, love your collection of Luke boots there mate, they always add a new dimension to any collection, they look great, cheers
Back to top Go down
bobbybobs
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:56 am

Ahhhhh thanks Tony, Nice of you to say! Who says that Eels and Tiger fans can't get along?????
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:41 pm

bobbybobs wrote:
Ahhhhh thanks Tony, Nice of you to say! Who says that Eels and Tiger fans can't get along?????

GO THE EELS  cheers  :clap:  bow  :cool laugh:  bow  :drumroll:  bow  cheers ,

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE TIGERS  poo throw up :SOS: whack sick up yours lol! Angry SW :I am stupid: 

Laughing Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:43 pm

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Lkjhjh10

The TIG Exam Room

Please welcome the next TIG victim who has bravely agreed to take the probe ... a man with a eye for detail that may have missed the small print in the probe agreement  Twisted Evil  

TEST SUBJECT # 42

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 1146-910
Screen Name: pattejan
Special Powers: Discovering mould- and COO-differences on SW vintage figures .

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread

Greetings Patrick , thank you for your cooperation , let the probing begin ....

#1 What is your favorite SW memory ? (film or toy line)

I was introduced into the world of SW at the age of 4 or 5 years by a neighbor's child . He was about 3 years older than me and had a lot of SW figures that we played with in his room or the sandpit in his family’s garden . It didn't take too long to convince my mother that I absolutely needed some SW figures too . So one day we went to a toy shop and I bought my first figure and was allowed to choose another one that I would get as an Easter present from my parents . I remember those figures were a Death Star Droid and a Sandpeople . It was a very small toy shop so there weren’t many characters available... or else it would have likely been a Luke , Han , Vader and Stormie (of course !) My friend and I fought great battles and we lost weapons not too often in the sand .  Wink  

**FX-7 Edit** :

Hopefully your friend looked like this  cyclops

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Hot_bi10

#2 Which SW character would you dress up as if you were attending a convention ?

That’s difficult  thinking  
As a child my favorite figure was the TIE Pilot , but Boba Fett and Stormtroopers were very cool too  Cool

Now , a few years later , I think I would rather dress up as a Jedi  Angry SW   I’m too tall for Yoda and too old for Luke , so I think I would dress up as Ben Kenobi... patience and calmness are qualities that are not too foreign to me .

**FX-7 Edit** :

We all get older but never too old to party ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 P-tig910FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 D474d910

#3 Please tell us what your overall collection focus is and why you chose to concentrate in this area of collecting :

I only collect loose vintage SW figure variants . Sadly I sold all the figures I owned as a child when I was a teenager but I started collecting again in my early twenties and discovered the web as a resource to get all the figures I had as a child and even more very late . In January 2010 I started to purchase most missing figures via Ebay . A few month later I signed up to the German SW forum lichtgeschwindigkeit.de. It didn’t take too long to get all 96 figures  Wink  On my hunt for them I also found my first variants … and then it was too late  Twisted Evil  Thanks to Mirco’s COO-Checklist and Wolff’s-COO-Guide … resistance is now futile!  What a Face

Here is my collection today  Very Happy

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Vitrin10

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Vitrin11

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Vitrin12

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Vitrin13

#4 If you had to choose 3 things from your collection as your favorites , what would they be and why ?

That’s very hard to answer as I really love every single figure in my collection … but if I had to decide it’s maybe the (rare) variants I found by accident over the years and got them at real bargain prices :
1 DBRS pink face
2 Lando black neck – yellowed, left arm damaged, no accessories … but who cares!
3 “Meccano” Rebel Soldier

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Favori10

#5 What song would you perform at a Karaoke ?

Probably an older New Model Army song.

**FX-7 Edit** :

#6   What’s the weirdest/most fun SW item in your collection ?

It’s Paul Rebo the largely unknown twin brother of Max . Paul practiced to become a Jedi on Dagobah while Luke was absent but , unfortunately , he didn’t make it into the final version of the film  No

I’m very proud to show you the recently discovered lost scene with Paul :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 P-avat10

#7 Which SW characters , creatures , vehicles or play sets would you like to have seen released that was never released during the vintage line ?

A Death Star would have been cool ! Han Stormie , Rebel Fleet Trooper , Grandmoff Tarkin , more Cantina aliens , more Imperial Officers and more Rebels !!!  I mean we have 8 different Ewoks  Suspect  Who was responsible for those decisions ???  Rolling Eyes

**FX-7 Edit** :

It was this guy ...
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Aj1010

Aussiejames is the only guy brave enough to publically admit his love for Ewoks ...  What a Face
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 5-3610

#8 What advice would you give to a collector just starting out in the hobby ?

1) Collect whatever makes you happy  Very Happy

2) Use the available info on forums  study

3) Ask other collectors for more info !

Always remember collecting is not a race and don’t be surprised if your collecting interests change (slightly) while collecting . Just sell or trade what you don’t need any more on the forums . Here you can find nearly everything you might be interested in !  cheers

#9 Other than Star Wars , do you collect any other toy lines ?

There are other toy lines than Star Wars? Really ???  Suspect

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Denial10

#10 Do you have any other hobbies, and what are they ?

Playing my guitar and singing (not really well I fear  Wink  )

Reading – especially Discworld novels and I really like The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (therefore I’m very happy to be interviewee #42  Very Happy  )

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Thdq7c10FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Untitl11

Playing board games …

I also started a new hobby last week : I signed up for a fitness center phew  I had slipped a disc last year and needed surgery and now I need to strengthen my back muscles  What a Face

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Star-w29
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Star-w31

This concludes your probe - Excellent answers Patrick cheers

Thank you for your participation  :clap:

Please collect your complimentary Mould Identification Chart as you exit ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Pamala10

just don't eat it all at one sitting  What a Face

Now get the hell out of my exam room and send the next victim , er ... Patient in Twisted Evil

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

cheers well done Patrick surviving your probing. Nice to see the Paul Rebo pic again, tell him to keep practicing to become a good Jedi  Smile  Good luck with the back exercises man!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Enjoyed reading the interview. Thank you Patrick and FX-James!!  cheers 

Your variants are really nicely displayed in all kinds of diorama settings. LIKE!!!  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Well done Gents, that interview made entertaining reading.  :clap: 
I enjoyed seeing your collection Patrick. What a coincidence that as a Hitchhiker's fan you were interviewee #42.
As Paul said, good luck with strengthening your back.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Another great probe cheers

Well done Patrick and James/FX-7  cheers
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Another great probing and an interesting read  study 

love the pics of your collection too patrick, its all very neatly displayed in those cabinets  :clap: 

i'm very jealous of your Bossk and Yoda runs  :Drool: 

love the edits, as always Jim  Smile
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Excellent probing Patrick. :clap: 
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:56 am

Great edits James, I really like them! :clap:  

Thank you very much gentlemen for the kind words regarding the interview and my collection and also for your best wishes for my back! cheers
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 am

Great one!! Now I know a little bit more about my German buddy!!  lol! lol! 

Kudos James and Patrick!
Back to top Go down
bobbybobs
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Great probing guys!

Love getting to know more about our fellow collectors.

Love the collection too!

Christian
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 pm

I think I've waited long enough for further comments before I post another thank you. (I didn't want to flood this thread with thanks-posts. What a Face )

Thank you Wolff and Christian for your comments on the interview and my collection!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Just catching up with this. Great read Patrick  :clap: 

Well done James, another grand probing, and nice to know a bit more about my mould/sculpt partner in crime!
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks Alex!  What a Face
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:06 am

It has been a while and I know we have had a few fresh faces pop in so it might be time to resurrect this thread. Get old fx out and dusted off. Besides, I am sure james needs something else to do now that Halloween is ten months or so away.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Deep space probes have been dispatched ...

Gathering Data ...

Collating ...

Prepare your anus ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Dsc_0510
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 6:31 pm

This really is an excellent thread cheers  :clap:

A great way to learn a bit about members What a Face

I look foreward to seeing who turns up in James/FX-7's examination room popcorn
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 9:50 pm

A quick review of who has been probed. Very Happy

Hyver (Wouter) pg 1
Darth Stanley (Mark) pg 1
Josh (Josh) pg 2
Ratherchildish (Pete) pg 2
Darth Small (Greg) pg 2
Stevefdwyer (Steve) pg 2
ChrisJ (Chris) pg 3
Cantina Patron (Steve) pg 3
KevinA (Kevin) pg 3
AussieJames (James) pg 3
DarthBerizing (John) pg 3
StarGeezer (Dennis) pg 3
Yzerman (Tommy) pg 4
psybertech (Jason/ Jay) pg 4
arohk (Larry) pg 5
Aussie Fortuna (Tony) pg 5
ourchickenshack (James) pg 7
Artoo_Detour (Paul) pg 7
General Kahn (Alex) pg 8
Chris.75 (Chris) pg 9
Commander Clint (Clint) pg 10
Trappedtexan (Bryan) pg 11
Walkie (Stefan) pg 12
JesseVader08 (Jesse) pg 13
Nico (Andy) pg 13
M4K3R1 (Oscar) pg 14
jadams67 (Jim) pg 15
bedheadjulian (Julian) pg 16
Kisstour03 (Paul) pg 17
Rebojazz (Steven) pg 18
emperorburns (Daren) pg 18
Section 8 (Andrew) pg 19
frunkstar (Frank) pg 19
OZIO (Horacio) pg 20
wbobafett (Wolff) pg 21
Chopper (Jordan) pg 22
julioviper (Julio) pg 22
chipsteak (Declan) pg 23
Mike_Z (Michael) pg 23
LLSEEKER (Carlos) pg 24
Bobbybobs (Christian) pg 25
pattejan (Patrick) pg 26

Last edited by Commander Clint on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Ok........I am ready....

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 Goahead_zpsbpbsypwk
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 9:59 pm

Marco J wrote:

Ok........I am ready....

James, Go get him quick, before he escapes. lol!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:00 pm

One of my favorite threads here! cheers
I just cringed a little re-reading mine! I was so green when I was probed! About 6 months in to starting, but mostly my responses still ring true to some extent. I may have over-shared a little! haha

Can't wait to see more!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next