The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:39 pm

:clap: Nice one Carlos & James! Great to see a new victim, I mean volunteer.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Great read Carlos! cheers

Excellent probe as always, FX!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Nice to see and read another interrogation after a short break, well done James & Carlos!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Great interview, Carlos and James! Very Happy

Nice to read how your Yoda focus started.  yoda 
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Another interesting read  study  Great stuff Carlos, and great work as always James  cheers 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Another great read, well done Carlos and James  :clap: 
Carlos I really liked your choices, for items that Kenner never got round to producing. Also great story about the origins of your inspiration, for your foci.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Another great read, well done Carlos and James  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Well done Carlos. A great interview. cheers 

One of these years, I may dive into the Planet of the Apes line as well. If James hasn't already gathered them all up for himself. lol! 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 am

Great stuff Test Subject #40, Carlos  cheers  another drummer too  :drumroll: 

I agree with your thoughts on the late 70s / 80s de-centralized way of toy production that gave rise to all those variants we now collect. Makes everything so much more interesting to see how other countries were handling the production of these strange toys of film characters and their vehicles and play-sets.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:42 am

Great probings everyone.
I really enjoy reading everyones interviews.
Bring on the next victim.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Great interview Carlos and jimmy, great getting to know abit about you Carlos, another great probe jimmy, cheers :clap: 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:33 pm

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Lkjhjh10

The TIG Exam Room

Please welcome the next TIG victim who has bravely agreed to take the probe ... a man known to give a few probes of his own , now has the tables turned  Twisted Evil  

TEST SUBJECT # 41

Screen Name: Bobbybobs
Special Powers: Raging ADHD – gives me the power to annoy the hell out of my enemies.

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0310

Greetings Christian , thank you for your cooperation , let the probing begin ....

#1 What is your favorite SW memory ? (film or toy line)

My first memory is falling asleep during the re-screening of Star Wars (I think in 1979) but my favourite memory was probably being blown away by the Battle of Hoth in ESB. I was so amazed that I drew the battle the next day at school.

**FX-7 Edit** :

Was it something like this ?

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Star_w26

#2 Which SW character would you dress up as if you were attending a convention ?

Definitely Luke! I dressed up as him at a costume party when I was a kid and I actually look a little bit like him. My second name is ‘Luc’ as well so I guess it was destined!

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Funny-14

#3 Please tell us what your overall collection focus is and why you chose to concentrate in this area of collecting :

I’m thinning down my whole collection to focus simply on Luke MOCs, loose variants and bootlegs. Luke was always my favourite character and figure as a kid so he epitomises my whole connection with SW.

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0610

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0611

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0612

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0614

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0613

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0615

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0616

#4 If you had to choose 3 things from your collection as your favorites , what would they be and why ?

I would have to say my Glasslite Luke because the packaging is so cool – I mean how awesome does ‘O Cavalheiro Jedi sound‘?

I love my 65 back A Palitoy Luke Jedi with Clipper sticker. It’s in perfect condition. I stumbled upon it so didn’t have to pay a premium, plus I guess it’s nice to have something connecting me to where I currently live.

Number three is difficult, but I’d probably go with my 12 Back B Luke. It’s not the rarest piece but it’s just classic Star Wars and really what started it all.

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Imag0311

#5 What song would you perform at a Karaoke ?

Haha what a random question! Well I spent a lot of time in Japan so the question isn’t hypothetical! My favourite karaoke song is a Japanese one by ‘The Bluehearts’ called ‘Linda Linda’. It’s a song about a sewer rat!

**FX-7 Edit** :

#6   What’s the weirdest/most fun SW item in your collection ?

I’m a pretty strict collector so I don’t really have any oddball items. I guess my strangest one is my Toy Toni Snowtrooper with iron marks and dirt inside the bubble!

**FX-7 Edit** :

Just in case there is someone who missed the "Toy Toni" scandal  Evil or Very Mad

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6544-the-general-mills-45-back-palitoy-non-factory-sealed-discussion

#7 Which SW characters , creatures , vehicles or play sets would you like to have seen released that was never released during the vintage line ?

This is easy! Why the hell didn’t they make Grand Moff Tarkin!!!! I know there were some plans but really some of the insignificant characters that were turned into plastic still perplexes me. I would have liked to have seen the Lars Homestead as a vintage toy but I guess the play-ability level wouldn’t be so great.

**FX-7 Edit** :

What could have been better then torching the Lars Homestead ?  cheers

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Star_w27
FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Uncle_10

#8 What advice would you give to a collector just starting out in the hobby ?

God where do I start? For me, this hobby should be about fun, that’s why they call it a hobby and not a job. Don’t do it for money, don’t do it to have the biggest collection on forums. Do it for the love of it. I would also tell them to respect their fellow collector and be as honourable as possible. I love the relationships I build with collectors as much, if not more, than I love the collectibles. Finally, I would tell them to do their own research and don’t feel entitled to all of the amazing knowledge that has been collected by those who have come before us.

**FX-7 Edit** :

Great advice  Very Happy

We should all remember to ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Image-10

#9 Other than Star Wars , do you collect any other toy lines ?

I don’t collect any other toys. I have thought of moving into some superhero toy lines but my suffering wife is pretty quick to nip that in the bud.

**FX-7 Edit** :

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Naggin10

FX-7 wears the pants in this family ! When my missus comes out of the kitchen to nag I tell her to "get back in there and make me a nice warm glass of hydraulic oil and STFU !"  Angry SW

Just don't tell her I said that  
:buzzing:  :run2:

#10 Please tell us more about your Star Wars Blog and what made you decide to start it ?

The blog is called Vintagestarwarscollectors.com and basically focusses on the collectors, rather than the toys themselves. A lot of the content involves interviews with collectors and collection limelights but I also post my thoughts on the philosophy of vintage SW collecting.

I’m doing this to raise awareness about the eclectic range of individuals who make up the collecting community and hopefully, in a sense, to give something back to the community that has given so much to me.

I’m also about a third through writing a novel so I thought this blog would also give me some practice at writing for an audience.

So far I’m loving it and the support from the community has been amazing. It can be a struggle sometimes, especially with the daily dramas I witness in the facebook groups and the ongoing scams but I manage to maintain my positivity thinking.

I want to thank TIG not only for giving me this opportunity but also for the support I’ve received here. I don’t post enough but I will be in future. You really are a nice bunch of people!

**FX-7 Edit** :

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/

This concludes your probe - Excellent answers Christian cheers

Thank you for your participation  :clap:

Please collect your complimentary Power Converters as you exit ...

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 Pbfv_210

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 9df5cc10

Now get the hell out of my exam room and send the next victim , er ... Patient in Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Excellent interview Christian! That's a fantastic display cabinet and you have a great blog as well! :clap: 

Great job as always James. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:07 pm

:clap:  Another great probing!

Nice to see the interviewer being interviewed  Very Happy  Christian you're a top bloke my friend  cheers 

Naturally I love the Luke's (couple of familiar faces  Very Happy  ) The Glasslite is sweet man!

James another fine interview chief!

P.S. what's the novel??????? Is it about me and cool I am?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Great interview guys. And Chrstian, I really enjoyed looking at your wonderful collection.  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Another great interview James FX!

So, Christian.... tell us about this novel! Smile

Great read and thanks for sharing!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Great answers Christian, a fine read  cheers :clap:

You have some GREAT Luke's there mate  cheers

Quality as always James/FX-7, keep em comin bro  Very Happy

Linda, Linda  lol! 

Cheers Andy  Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:54 am

Good interview Christian, nice to see you getting a well-deserved probing for a change  cheers  Love the collection of Lukes and cool to see your bundle of X-Wing Pilots in there too   Cool  

Top work James and FX-7!
Back to top Go down
bobbybobs
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:13 am

Hey guys thanks! I cracked up at some of the edits! Hilarious and much more interesting than my answers!

Thanks for the compliments on my collection and the blog. I've only been collecting a bit over a year and a half so still a long way to go....Has been immensely entertaining though. I'll do a proper limelight on my blog in a couple of months.

As for the novel....I've been at it slowly for about a year and half, maybe two years, but it's something I've been thinking about for 15 years or so. It's not exactly a true story but the plot is inspired by own life growing up and the ideas are based on the evolution of my own views on change and personal responsibility for our own choices. Yes I read too much French existentialism as a uni student!

Alex unfortunately the novel is not based on you, I don't think your life story would get through the censors....

Thanks again guys!
Christian
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:22 am

That's a pretty nice collection for 18 months work, congrats!!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Another fantastic probing guys  :clap: 

Christian, thanks for sharing your collection with us, and its always nice to put a face to a fellow collector.
Very impressive collection of loose Luke's and MOCs, especially having been collecting for such a short period.

Some great questions and very funny edits Jim, well done mate  Smile
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:39 pm

bobbybobs wrote:
Alex unfortunately the novel is not based on you, I don't think your life story would get through the censors....

I find that offensive! I'm a mild mannered gentleman and have lead a life celebacy and charitable actions  :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:05 am

Great interview. Thanks, Christian and James! Very Happy

Like your Luke collection and clean display as well, Christian.

Cheers

Marco

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
bobbybobs
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks again dudes!

Sorry for misrepresenting you Alex. You're a real life Clark Kent....
Back to top Go down
Dopatha
New User
New User
Dopatha

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:57 am

As usual a pleasure to read Christian, now from the other side of the questions.  Wink 
Well deserved attention imho. I had the pleasure of seeing your collection in real life of course,
and experiencing what a terrific, social and kind guy you are. kudoz!
TIG picked the right guy to put up for questioning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bike010.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!   FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!! - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FX-7 member probe: 10 Points of Articulation… 10 Questions… We will probe you!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next