The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Polish Bootleg thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: soem new stuff   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 am

for those of you who havent seen it yet- I FOUND IT bounce

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 Image346
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Awesomest thing ever!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Absolutely beatuiful piece!!!! Congrats Mike!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Jetson
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jetson

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Super item! Does this mean that more items will be coming from this source? bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.saratogarenter.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 pm

What a stunning piece of toy history Shocked I never really paid attention to the many differneces to a Kenner Fett torso.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:16 am

I guess Andy would kill for that thing...so be aware Michael! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kudos my friend...one of kind piece of SW history. I love it!!!

Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:05 am

glad it all worked out on the mold buddy....eventually Rolling Eyes but at least you got it now :clap: now you just need to save up to buy the rest of them,except hoth trooper lol!

daren
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 am

emperorburns wrote:
glad it all worked out on the mold buddy....eventually Rolling Eyes but at least you got it now :clap: now you just need to save up to buy the rest of them,except hoth trooper lol!

daren

Thank you Daren and all others....And no worreis- I wont get the hothtrooper as that one went to a friend of us some 6 years ago. Same applies to Biker Scout and Prunde face.
The Vader wont be sold as well. So of the 19 that survived (barada was lost), the remaining 14 may become available but Leia and At At Driver such as Tie Pilot and maybe Zuckus are already promised...But hey- still 10 up for grabs.

I will help to broker them so if anyone has some money to burn and needs one of the remaining 10 I can try my best. But please note that these are not just waiting to be sold. It may take some time as the owner not even know the names! They have obviously never seen the movie. One has to send them a picture and then they will check if they have it :-)
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am

Awesome pieces Mike, very good job! I especially like the Fett mold, definately a one-of-a-kind piece. I've been trying to get some of the Mexican molds for years and still can't seem to grab one yet.

I'm just curious, is the current owner of these molds a former employee of the old factory or something? From the way you were talking it sounds like he's had them for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 am

Thanks Steven,

the current owner has these since they were sold by "Elektro" company (they did the 1st gens) to him in the late 80's/early 90's .

Thanks, Mike

rebojazz wrote:
Awesome pieces Mike, very good job! I especially like the Fett mold, definately a one-of-a-kind piece. I've been trying to get some of the Mexican molds for years and still can't seem to grab one yet.

I'm just curious, is the current owner of these molds a former employee of the old factory or something? From the way you were talking it sounds like he's had them for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Bluestars wrote:
for those of you who havent seen it yet- I FOUND IT bounce

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 Image346

Wow cheers Congrats on getting that superb piece of bootleg history Cool
Back to top Go down
RonnyA
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
RonnyA

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Here is my small polish bootleg collection
The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 P5200394_zps7d61f730
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:26 am

Nice set up Ronny. I have a 1st gen numb if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
RonnyA
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
RonnyA

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:54 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
Nice set up Ronny. I have a 1st gen numb if you're interested.
Thanks Very Happy
I have sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:53 am

Fantastic thread guys, ive just started my collection of polish 1st generations having ordered some fantastic pieces from Joe and Chris, im excited.
Ive read every post in this thread, im learning heaps, so thanks to all that have made this thread a great one, thanks guys, and looking forward to learning heaps more from you experts.

cheers
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've picked up so far.  Glad to have a new bootlegger around!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing what you've picked up so far.  Glad to have a new bootlegger around!

Hi fett, thanks mate, so far ive picked up 12 figures.

2 tuskans/ darker shades of green
kenner style solo
yellow nien nunb
Brown luke x-wing
Green obi wan
Grey at-at commander
Brown barada green boots
Brown chewie
luke farmboy blue pants
cream leia
vader

In time im going to try and pick up one of every figure, obviously not all the variations lol, just some variations of my favs like the tuskans, of which im still looking for some light/lime green variations.

But the danger is im a kenner variation collector, i love variations lol, but im going to stick with the cheaper polish ones to start with, get a bit of a collection going and see how i feel about them.

They look lovely to me, i love the charm of them, ive been thinking about jumping in to the polish bootlegs for a while now and joeY made me do it with his great prices lol
So i blame Joe lol

cheers
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Joe is blamed for most bootleg addiction, but rightly so Smile

I have a couple unarts I'd part with if you're interested.  No fetts though, I can't ever bring myself to sell any.  I'll always blame it on a variation, but I may be a little OCD!

Andy A
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:44 am

All quiet on the bootleg front, i must have come to the party a bit late Sad
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:10 am

Just got my unarts in the post from joe, they are awesome, thanks mate, cant wait for my new ikea double glass billy so i can create a bootleg shelf:cheers: 
Got some more coming from Chris, so ive got the start of a nice little collection starting off, gee they have some charm, lovely stuff:clap: 
Back to top Go down
electricdragon
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
electricdragon

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 am

Make sure to take somne pictures for us when you have displayed them.
Back to top Go down
http://david-hilf-illustration.com
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:32 am

electricdragon wrote:
Make sure to take somne pictures for us when you have displayed them.

Will do mate, im pretty computer illiterate, ill have to learn how to down load them, but when my display is in its new display case im looking forward to sharing it with all you great folks.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Huge news, for me anyway lol.

Im a snow trooper and a hoth rebel soldier away from completing a full set of unarts, cheers minus the ewoks, and ive amassed plenty of variants too.

Thanks to the top quality guys of TIG ( you know who you are ) who have looked after me to the max, and a few going over and above a sellers obligations, just top shelf guys, im making some great friends as well as deals and without this place it wouldnt be possible, So THANKYOU FRIENDS...:clap: 

As soon as i take some pics after they all arrive and figure out how to put them up, i cant wait to share my collection with you fellow bootleggers.

cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Nice job!!!

Those two aren't really hard to track down are they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Nice job!!!

Those two aren't really hard to track down are they?

Hey John, thanks mate, no those two are easy especially the snowtrooper.

Ive done tonnes of research and made sure i picked up all the harder to get ones when i saw them, none where particularly hard to find, im buying at a good time so i think that helps.

I realise the 2 of the 3 ewoks wont be easy, but they are not on my priority list atm.

Ive got both poker capes, chewie and stormy with the correct capes coming in the mail too, so im really happy.

And ive got about half a set of mexi's too coming cheers 

It wasnt long ago i was expressing my interest in getting into boots to you and look at me go now lol, and im a completist too lol, thats a worry.

cheers mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Polish Bootleg thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next