The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Polish Bootleg thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Jakub, as for the 2nd and 3rd gen Stormtroopers, I've got a carded 2nd gen Stormtrooper, definitely original to the card, that has 1st gen deco.

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 1487637989_954b92697c_z

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks Joe! You're right of course. I just looked to my tradebox and found two incomplete 2nd gen Stormies painted as the first ones. Completely forgot about them. The changes are done to the article Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.starwarsaw.pl
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Jakub, what I'd like to do is send you pics of ALL of my Polish stuff,and details on them, to work into a comprehensive article. I've just gotta finish the Uzay article update first, then we can work on making a Polish article that'll blow away the one John did for the Archive. Just the info and work you've done so far is amazing, I can only see this getting better as we go.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:47 pm

I always have it in mind, Joe Smile The mighty article gathering together all Polish series, supported by hundrets of pictures, easy to be seen at once and - separately - in enlargement.

I know you are busy with Uzay now (by the way - I just returned from Istanbul few days ago: no signs of bootlegs...). Waiting for a sign from you, then we can go ahead.

I can shot all of my figures once more on the better background (although still having only the smartphone camera...). The problem is with the figures I sold, the more of them will be pictured in one standard, the better. Guys - prepare for the work!

John's guide is already 10 years old, this is the moments to make an upgrade Smile

Nevertheless, it was nice to realize, that we posses the only two white examples of button stormie. Or maybe anyone else?

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Keep up the great work Jakub! Awesome to have so much information and collaboration all in one place.
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Can anyone help me out with a VERY good polish custom blister?
I have a nice fett, I have a wepon, I have an original cardback and I have a custom case- I need that bloody blister!!!

I would even pay very well for someone to make it if there isnt anything very close to it (no idea how that works and how much work that is).
Please dont get me wrong, I am not talking about any blister, I am talking about a very good replika that on the first glance looks like the real thing. The area where the blister touches the cardback must be much wider than on stadard blisters. In my case its definately needed as the staple holes were done at the very edges and a standard blister wouldnt even be large enough to meet the holes. Please let me know if u have any idea or link. I am getting tired of browsing hardware stored for any kind of blisters from srews, nails, etc that I could use :-)
Back to top Go down
Jaybird
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jaybird

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 pm

All I can say is WOW, all these pictures and descriptions are really schooling me on Polish Bootlegs.

Thanks a ton. The best part is the history lesson about the figures. Tons of great information that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere else. I mean you learn a lot about figures just from collecting but after reading this section you really know about the figures.

This is going to be one bad ass bootleg section.
Keep up the great work. celebrate
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Thank you sir Cool

Now go and tell all your friends a good news about this section! Together we will rule the Galaxy Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to inform you, that yesterday there was a farewell party of Yoda sold on ebay auction Smile The paparazzi made even a picture of it:

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 Yo10

The guy first from right already left Poland, going to a good home drinking
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Michael, I have a repro blister, I just need to find it, it's taller and wider than a real one, so it can't be mistaken as such. I just need to find it, it's in a box somewhere in my house. IF you still need one when I find it again, I'll send it over.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: what a DAY   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 am

Guys,

The items just arrived. I don't know what to say bounce

For the start, the pretty blue-red Gamorrean with axe. Interesting, the axe is gold, not silver as we may expect from the colour of the figure's shoulders:

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 2012-054

It is my 14th Gam Guard. Waiting for the 15th. Still not have the black with red arms - anybody could help?

Anyway, the main dish is here:

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 Sno10

My first cheers carded Stormie Smiley Elektro! smoke

Bought with the wrong figure from the first owner, who put there unart Vader. When I spoke to him, he realized he did a mistake. He send me a picture of the rest of figures he found and there was the answer there: the Snowtrooper, the only movable in this set. Bought it also and now have a complete, genuine carded Snow! The bubble is damaged a little (no crack though) but clear and not yellowed. The stamp at the back is clear and says it was made in 1985 celebrate

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 2012-055

The unusual thing is, that this time the producer pinned the bubble with three pins. That's why it is not so easy to remove the figure. Still I couldn't resist to make at least these two custom pictures: Cool

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 Lej10 The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 Bub10

I'm moved. And touched. No hope for having the complete set of 20, but this one I was looking for years...

Jakub
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:40 am

Jakub,

A carded polish figure....I am speechless. Even though we have different opinions from time to time I have to say that I am deepyl impressed by your ability to unearth rare items. I am on the hunt for ANY carded Elektro for a decade but u made it . Its s sign that there is still more out there than we know.
Again, my deepest congratulations for this holy grail piece. Wow..just Wow
you should open up a bottle of Vodka tonight...

Mike

p.s. in my book, that is THE find of the last ages after the find of the 2nd carded heaman...
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:51 am

Mike,

We do have different opinion and do quarell from time to time in e-mails, but do not expect I am not respecting you as a friend! bow I am sure you will dig your carded Elektro soon, remember - you already have the card!

Vodka is a good option, pity there are not many friends that could appreciate the occasion here. I'll just make them worship this item blindly Angry SW
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:40 am

Most impressive Jakub, a Polish 1st gen carded found in Poland for once. Very cool!!! Because there's no way to know what figure "originally" came on that card, since the original owner had already swapped something else in there, I'd keep the Leia in it. It looks to be in amazing condition overall regardless of what fig you put in there. Congrats on such a huge score!! celebrate

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 am

congrats jakub :clap: truely an amazing find :Drool: question is which figure are you leaving carded :cool laugh: either way well done for unearthing another carded 1st gen
again congrats on yet another gam guard Gam Guard i'm guessing the guy who painted the axe went with the gold as it matched the strap and belt rather than the shoulders.or maybe he just wanted to make that one special Very Happy

daren
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 am

Thanks, Joe! Yeah, the black Leia (here in Vader's cape) is the top completion for this card. I also considered my grey movable Barada or the similar unique scout-legged Nunb Smile

Meanwhile will leave the Snowie. If I could manage to get the Black Snow on card, it could be nice to put them aside tongue
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:02 am

And thanks, Daren! Yes, I agree with the belt theory of the golden axe.

To be accurate, I miss now he following schemes of Gams:

- black torso, red arms
- black torso, yellow arms
- blue torso, green arms
- brown torso, brown arms (on the way, since months...)

And the multicolored series ones. And any unknown combination (any with blue arms, red torso etc)
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Congratulations Jakub!

The Gam Guard is amazing and I love those colors!

And the 1st Gen card and bubble are spectacular!

I know you're a happy dude!
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks Andy!

My happiness is important to spread in the world the love to Polish items. You all know well my figure collecting is not for myself only. And there was a big breakdown in the world interest for that topic recently. I am sure every such great finding will bring a fresh blood to the market. drinking
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:44 pm

starwarsaw wrote:
Thanks Andy!

My happiness is important to spread in the world the love to Polish items. You all know well my figure collecting is not for myself only. And there was a big breakdown in the world interest for that topic recently. I am sure every such great finding will bring a fresh blood to the market. drinking

oh wow jakub i didn't know your collection was for everyone :scratch: i'll take the carded black leia then as my part of it lol!

daren
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Hahaha, the basis stays home I'm affraid. indy

But still we may talk about lot of figures for sale. Know my good heart smoke Specially for you Daren, special prices... Or anyone else is interested? A Logray? Chirpa? First gens? Let Polish figures hang on thousands of walls in British, American or German houses! You cannot have a Chopin manuscript but you can have a Polish Zuckuss :drumroll:
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Awesome stuff Jakub! I dig the carded Snowtrooper, one big score.
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Yeah really great Jakub! Congrats on the new scores! Really like the Guard!

Cheers,

Martijn
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 am

Dear polish experts Very Happy

I urgently need help on a Ree Yees (original) I just purschased. Do they have movable heads?? Where is the pin connected to then?? To the head or to the torso??

Thanks a lot for your help!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
starwarsaw
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
starwarsaw

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:53 am

Dear Wolff,

The picture says everything:

The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 2012-056

Please, share your item here! Always nice to see aother RY :Drool:

Jakub
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Polish Bootleg thread   The Polish Bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Polish Bootleg thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next