The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "I didn't know that till just now" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:10 pm

I never knew there were variations in the Power Droid molds for the Kenner 3 3/4 scale figures.

There are some with a bigger "V" on the side than others.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Sany2064

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Final_35
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 5:24 am

Maybe I did know and just forgot???
Luis Villagomez: Lili is a short name for Liliana or Elizabeth, Lili was the first name of the company as "Muñecas Lili" (Lili dolls) for girls and the lines for boys was "Juguetes Ledy" (Ledy Toys) I dont know what Ledy means. So they put togheter the complete name as Muñecas Lili, Juguetes Ledy, (Lili Ledy)

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 10402866_10152402589904780_5282111512596123699_n

and look at the black seat behind the cannons on top of the transporter
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 LooseTroopTransporter

well it's not a seat it's a radar dish?????

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Trans-inst6
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:00 am

aussiejames wrote:
Maybe I did know and just forgot???
Luis Villagomez: Lili is a short name for Liliana or Elizabeth, Lili was the first name of the company as "Muñecas Lili" (Lili dolls) for girls and the lines for boys was "Juguetes Ledy" (Ledy Toys) I dont know what Ledy means. So they put togheter the complete name as Muñecas Lili, Juguetes Ledy, (Lili Ledy)

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 10402866_10152402589904780_5282111512596123699_n

Cool. I never knew that either, or have seen that old logo before.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Prisoner immobilization units for brainwashing prisoners.  lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 7:24 pm

I didn't know the history of the name, either. Still learning after all these years. But I DID know the black thing on top of the transporter was a radar dish!
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:34 pm

While approximately 10% of the population is left handed, only about 3% of the vintage line are left handed.

I'm talking about the standard vintage line, 93 figures and I'm considering Ben, Vader and Luke FB to be right handed because of their sabers. I believe there are three figures that are left handed, does anyone know off the top of their head (no looking at your collection or google assist etc!) which ones they are?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 am

Dax wrote:
While approximately 10% of the population is left handed, only about 3% of the vintage line are left handed.

I'm talking about the standard vintage line, 93 figures and I'm considering Ben, Vader and Luke FB to be right handed because of their sabers. I believe there are three figures that are left handed, does anyone know off the top of their head (no looking at your collection or google assist etc!) which ones they are?

Cool. Can't think of the three left-handers atm. But does this mean IG-88 is ambidextrous?

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:38 am

Tusken raider, yoda, Greedo, hamnerhead, ugnaught, general Madine

Yeah, plus Luke Bespin and Luke jedi, both ambidextrous  Smile
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:30 am

For the purposes of my question I was excluding 'ambidextrous' characters under the assumption that if they were carrying two accessories then they were likely right handed, or at least not uniquely left handed. So Luke Bespin, Luke Jedi, Sand People and IG-88 don't count Smile To be specific I was looking for characters that would find it very difficult if not impossible to hold their accessory in their right hand.

OK, General Lando and Luke Poncho don't count either just because both their hands are equally useless at holding a gun!

The figures I was referring too were Hammerhead, Greedo and Ugnaught but as Chris rightly pointed out, Yoda is also left handed so I got it wrong too  Embarassed  Well done Chris! So roughly 4% of the vintage line are left handed Smile

Oh, and Madine is definitely right handed.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:44 am

Dax wrote:

OK, General Lando and Luke Poncho don't count either just because both their hands are equally useless at holding a gun!

lol! lol! lol! lol! 

I btw disagree on Yoda! Of course if your are right handed you have your walking stick in your left hand....so you can do things with your right hand.....am I wrong???
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:47 am

...and you forgot: Barada! Lefthanded ONLY! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:01 am

I guess you could argue that Yoda's right hand is actually wielding 'The Force' but I think that's a bit of a stretch Smile

I must concede on Barada though, you're absolutely right! OK, so we're up to 5 figures now, and my credibility as a toy nerd in tatters. At least I can show this thread to my girlfriend as proof I'm not really an uber geek Smile Ironically, pointing to a Star Wars collecting forum at which you are a member as evidence you're not a geek is self defeating.

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:52 am

lol!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:15 pm

I have just learned that there is also a Made in Korea version for the 12-inch Chewie (next to a HK version).

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 5726
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 02_08_14_0234

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1106590/
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:16 pm

There is more than one POTF coin mint: WWM have burnished edges the ridges are not as pronounced,  vs Osborne
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:01 am

I didn't know that vintage star wars toys were also manufactured Singapore and Canada!

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 KwNykCU

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 K9PbhUz
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:43 am

I was always curious about the Micro-Collection figures too. Pretty cool that other countries got in on production: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2364p15-micro-ships-thread?highlight=micro

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Thought I'd bump up this thread with my first Micro vehicle - the X-Wing which I'm really impressed with  Very Happy But I was a bit curious about some of the COO information on the box...

The box states that the mini-figures might've been made in Singapore, Canada, Mexico or UK. Anyone know any info on these factories and did they produce other SW toys? I guess the mini-figures are too small for a COO stamp. But it would've been cool to see 'Made In Singapore' stamped as a coo! I noticed James, earlier on in the thread, had also posted some box coo info on an Australian distributed micro toy... so there seems to be some interesting connections to different countries with the micro range!

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Xwing_16

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:00 am

OK... with all the love that Palitoy 30 backs get for the infamous 10 hard-copy/pre-production figures on the back, I just realized that some of the same figures also appear on Kenner 41 A & B & Cs (can't find a C to confirm right now, but I am sure it is too). I am not sure how I missed them before and I am sure some of you already knew this, but it was news to me!  Shocked

So as it would appear, the figures used on the Paitoy backs are the same but it is too hard to be 100% sure. They just might be painted in a similar style. Too tough to confirm since the 41 backs' images are tiny. But with the exception of Luke, Lando and Bossk, the rest all appear to be the same hard-copy/pre-production figures.

Pretty cool and since the 41 A-C cards are among my favorites anyway, that just adds a little more to them. Smile

Kenner 41B as reference (Kenner Canada has the same image too)
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 41b_cl11

For reference, Palitoy 30A (cleaned up and reversed):
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Pali_310

anyway.........

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:05 am

As shown on these instructions issued by Kenner Canada, Canadian's can't spell unsure

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 KQBaGaF
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Jay, it is likely that the hard copies used for the Palitoy cards are the same as the 41 backs with the exception of Luke Bespin and Bossk as you mentioned. I still think Lando might be the same as he still has black painted shoes and the cape is creased the same.

And because it has been brought up, then I have to post the picture that I never tire of posting Very Happy

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Palito10
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:42 am

The negative image of R2's colour scheme is....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 am

They spelled it wrong on the first line but correctly on the second line, too funny!  I guess they forgot to add Dagobah to the spell-checker dictionary, eh?  pirat

walkie wrote:
As shown on these instructions issued by Kenner Canada, Canadian's can't spell unsure

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 KQBaGaF
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:15 pm

A few posts back I admitted I didn't realize that the Kenner (US & CA) 41B backs also made use of some pre-production hard copy figures seen on the Palitoy 30 back.
And man, if the detail game was going on, I would loose horribly!
A few other backs from Kenner (US & CA) also used a few!

I outlined the other figures used in green, but basically on the 31 and 32 backs, FX-7 and IG-88 were used. And most likely Lando.
Man I feel dumb not catching them before.

I can't really tell on the Lando, but looking at the cape, I think so.

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 Protos10

Anyway...............

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:26 am

I plan on putting together a budget set (or close to) of loose figures this year (with ORIGINAL weapons) for a friend. I hadn't remembered that you need 7 Imperial blasters, 7 Bespin blasters & 7 smuggler blasters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I didn't know that till just now" thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next