The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A "U" thread (sorry)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

A "U" thread (sorry) Empty
PostSubject: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Sorry this is a U grade thing again but me and Capetown were just talking about the U90 on RS that Rulair has and I remembered him having a MOC with an issue that he was trying to sell so figured they could be one and the same I thought I was mistaken but I guess not..

MOC - A "U" thread (sorry) Img_3910A "U" thread (sorry) Carded12

He didn't sell it as an AFA 70 MOC for - $3,500

So he got it U graded -
A "U" thread (sorry) Loosej10

Now a U90 and selling for - $3,250

Mad
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Such a shame!! (in case it is the same Jawa)
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Don't you worry about that marco, it is. He's done this before.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Yep it's the same one Sad

I put the close up picture to show the identical fold in the cape on the figures right hand side, left of the image as we look at it.

It's all there in black and white unfortunately - he tried to sell the AFA 70 MOC in may, it didn't sell, he got the MOC Jawa graded as a U90 in June- its for sale as we speak Sad

Apart from swearing at him there's not much you can do- he pretends he is done with U grading but he never really is, he just sold a lot of Ledy 12" boxes so you can only imagine..

Interestingly the U90 Jawa is now for sale for 250$ LESS than the MOC and he is "accepting offers" so don't be shy gents.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Man i would have loved to have owned that VC Jawa MOC Sad Loose VC Jawas are relatively common in comparision its such a shame to see another iconic MOC like this destroyed for the green and labels Sad

Jay
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Harpscuttle wrote:
Don't you worry about that marco, it is. He's done this before.

Big horror Emiel!

This guy deserves a permanent ban on collecting vintage SW.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:32 am

Its just totally sad to see an iconic vintage MOC ripped apart for a label an sticker i would swap my right nut to own a Vinyl Cape Jawa MOC!

I find the guys nonchalant dont give a crap attitude even worst i fear hes never going to learn Sad

For those that may have missed it his the same thread on RS (where the guy that did this is a member)

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4400702&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:00 pm

It's a fucking disgrace. He should be ashamed of himself for doing it and should be banned from RS forever. Then somebody should U grade him.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:39 am

I can only echo Tommy... it's just fucking sick... why the fuck would any one who has any interest in collecting Star Wars would do that.

I can only pray he accidently drops that one on the floor and the acrylic smashes, becoming just a loose vinyl jawa. A $3000 loss to his wallet would at least hit him where it hurts.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:43 am

Craig T wrote:
why the fuck would any one who has any interest in collecting Star Wars would do that.

Sad part about it is, he doesn't collect SW, he collects "U"'s and numbers. He has no intrest in the figure or the history of it at all unless it can get him a U90. I still feel guilty as fuck for buying that German cardback from him to help support his lust. But like one of those grader fantatics said one time, we're just jealous we can't afford to have a nice set to show off like that. Yhea I love showing off numbers to everyone.

Me: Hey, look its a U90.
buddy: Cool figure. Vinyl cape Jawa's are the bomb.
Me: Buts its a U90.
buddy:Wasn't just a sealed MOC last week?
Me:Yhea, but it achieved a U90.
buddy:But it looked cooler on the card.
Me:Fuck off, it made a U90!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 am

seeing this thread i cant help but feeling shocked!
destoying an already AFA graded moc the get an U90 graded loose VC jawa is beyond words Mad

personallly i like graded stuff more then i used to,perhaps i have turned to the dark side of SW collecting but i feel you must know every aspect of the SW collecting scene.
i own 2 AFA loose figs and one of them is a U75 boba fett then i bought from javi here on the forum,the other is an 80 stormtrooper.
for me there is no kick in getting a high graded item,i just like to get my favorite characters thats all.
i do not support U grading,its destructive insted of presurving what you have.
great the AFA droped the U all together or im i wrong there?
what i do not approve are the sick amounts of money asked for graded items esspcially mocs,just scout ebay or the classifields for early SW mocs.
they tripple or quadruplle in price just because they are graded and getting them graded is not that exspensive even if you get snagged by customs.

i feel that the hobby has turned out to be a very high money making industry.
greed is a powerfull beast!
Back to top Go down
Justin H
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:11 am

did rulair sell it for that money though
Back to top Go down
Justin H
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:29 pm

its shocking but if people will pay that much for a u90 vc jawa he,s going to sell it, its up to the buyer to decide what they want to pay for a figure, that cape was fine on card but not amazing as loose at that price
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Justin H wrote:
its shocking but if people will pay that much for a u90 vc jawa he,s going to sell it, its up to the buyer to decide what they want to pay for a figure, that cape was fine on card but not amazing as loose at that price

Has the U90 VC Jawa sold then? I didnt think it would sell at that crazy price Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "U" thread (sorry)   A "U" thread (sorry) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A "U" thread (sorry)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1