The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "I didn't know that till just now" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:12 am

Rawlin wrote:
Wow pretty large bunch that gets blown up there, darn that bossk get blown up, I always thought he survived the triology Sad

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/27805213/p1/

Well not sure if I got this right, but maybe he has survived...or should have...whatever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 am

Great info on Bossk and Barada, Wolff!!! cheers

That's a great site indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 am

that Kithaba picture is really cool!

Well, I never knew that Barada was in the brewery business!

and they almost manage to get the exact colours of Barada the action figure on the design of the can as well.

lol!

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 Barada10

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:03 pm

i learned thru star wars reviews, that Jabba has a tatoo on one of his arm I think he mentions this in the video below, i never knew that Jabba had tatoo.... and that is full name is: Jabba Desilijic Tiure

jabba review

also that Klatuu, Barada, nikto is a phrase used in the movie the day the earth stood still,

someone at kenner used the 3 names to name these characters at the time.

Jabba's denizen
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:48 am

I didn't know that the SW Droid Factory playset also made a brief appearance as an ESB boxed variant. They even changed the photo and added Luke and Ben to the front.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39645
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 am

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 Ds_las10

I didn't know till today that the cardboard Death Star Playsets used two of the same laser cannons as seen on the X-Wing fighter....
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 3:35 am

I didn't know till today that Kenner had also released a Sarlacc pit, a green version.... Cool

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:15 am

cheers
Good discovery Marco! The Kenner green Sarlacc Pit is a highly sought after pre-production item!
I managed to find some rare images of the early design stages that have never been seen before!

First Shot:
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 1a10

This deluxe version was scrapped after Lucas insisted that the 'warning picture of the rebel falling into the pit' was too much of a giveaway:
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 2a10

Rather like the early SW/Pine-Sol promotions, the green Sarlacc Pit was also considered for a household promotion:
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 3a11

There are also rumours of a 'black Lili Ledy version' - but I've yet to see any evidence Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:40 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:

There are also rumours of a 'black Lili Ledy version' - but I've yet to see any evidence Very Happy

I thought you were joking, but hey you are right!!

After Googling a bit, I found this Lili Ledy die-cast version....

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 LiliLedySarlaccPitt
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 am

Some great finds guys cheers
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 am

Woooww Shocked Shocked Shocked great finds guys
first a pre production and now a lili die cast version doh doh

im still looking for the black wampa variant :cool laugh: :cool laugh: :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:27 am

Mark_Yeo wrote:
DarthTad wrote:
Wow, Mark, what a great limelight! That Vader is in much better shape than the one I have. I have a quick question, though. How do they know it's a 12-B with a sticker? I was always under the impression that the only difference between a 12-a and 12-b was the B having the additional wording at the bottom for a Free Action Stand. But that part is covered up by the sticker. Or is there another way to differentiate between an A and B?

Again, great post!!

There is another differentiating point on the A and B cardbacks.

Look at the picture of the telescoping light saber to the right of the middle of the cardback under the words "How to Work A Lightsaber".

A 12A back has a very short saber tip. See - http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2702022810045328333qMrAla

A 12B back has a longer saber tip that is shown. See - http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2021711020045328333NKyEgX

Hope this clarifies.Smile

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Logray Ewok Made in Mexico    5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:28 am

Going through some Ewok stuff I noticed the Logray is made in Mexico , all others are made in Hong Kong. ..

Funny Sarlacc pit btw..
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
jamie_bannon
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 pm

"I didn't know that till just now" after taking my girls to their first Supanova in Brisbane recently, I realised I am finally at peace with adults dressing up in Star Wars costumes......
I still can't work out why anybody wants to dress up like the "losing" side though, especially after they got their butts kicked by a bunch of 3ft teddy bears, my thoughts would be something more like setting up a squad of Rebel Commandos. Anybody want in??? Moustache preferred but not essential.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:18 pm

In a year or two I plan on Junior dressing up as an Ewok that bashes 501 members with his spear Laughing
The 501 do great charity work around the world.
Back to top Go down
jamie_bannon
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 pm

[quote="aussiejames"]In a year or two I plan on Junior dressing up as an Ewok that bashes 501 members with his spear[quote]

Thought about that AJ with my 3 stabbing them in the knees, but then why not go one step further and start a Mutant Spawn type Ewok Clan.
Must be 6FT plus a substantioal girth to gain entry, I have a few mates that would fit the bill straight away.
Then there could be "recreation" fields of battle type activities at conventions like the medieval fans take part in.

I digress. "I also didn't know that till just now" to try and get the run of cardbacks I am trying to complete is turning into a big pain in the A$%....................
Back to top Go down
MojoTurbo
New User
New User
MojoTurbo

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:26 pm

I didn't know until now that on top of ALL of the other variants, there is also a thing called TOP TOYS
Back to top Go down
http://vintagestarwarsfigures.wikispaces.com/
plantainman
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
plantainman

PostSubject: I didn't know...   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 am

I didn't know until just now that Frankie Boyle actually has quite a nice rack Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am

Ha, she's my second favourite Ewok
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 5983216326_b73389d80d
close third
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 7898353520_c20156de5a_z
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

Are those repros, James?

(I mean the spear....)
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Are those repros, James?

Its hard to tell from a picture, i would need to get my hands on them to make sure! Laughing

Dr Dengar wrote:
(I mean the spear....)

oh the spear, well nevermind then....)
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 am

aussiejames wrote:
Ha, she's my second favourite Ewok
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 5983216326_b73389d80d
close third
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 7898353520_c20156de5a_z

I didn't know that until just now ... just how much I want to be captured by Ewoks :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:21 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:03 pm

I finally heard the Troop Transport Sound FX!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inC4kZWEKOg
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:54 pm

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 Indy-r2d221

R2D2 & C3PO hieroglyphs.

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 Club-obi-wan-indiana-jones

Club Obi Wan in Templer of Doom.

Being a fan of both film series, I always liked the Star Wars links found in Indiana Jones movies.

No one has mentioned Oola's boob. Not that is news to any male SW fan. Very Happy Oops lowered the tone.

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8uiZonKqw1IQiGfFaSf6iFjUQMc-IAs1s3PELMRC4NkrQk_Ee
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I didn't know that till just now" thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next