The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "I didn't know that till just now" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Only just found out today that the Sears imperial cruiser has no electrics like the troop transporter :scratch: makes the 6 push downs a bit pointless eh, you do learn something new every day eh, great info on this thread
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 7:44 pm

walkie wrote:
I didn't know that vintage star wars toys were also manufactured Singapore and Canada!

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 KwNykCU

Korea for one of the 15" Chewbacca.  

Haiti!!!
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 11087418_469324456558937_2047114029_n
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 11079993_469324733225576_245973192_n
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 1:30 am

walkie wrote:
As shown on these instructions issued by Kenner Canada, Canadian's can't spell unsure

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 KQBaGaF

Hey Weez hear in Canada cans just speeells finez it's Yuz all that's Cants Smile Mees needs moors beers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 am

I found this on the weekend.  It's from the Canadian 77 backs.  I'm not sure if this is a spelling mistake or just an odd Canadian spelling.  My lovely wife (who is a teacher) agrees that it is a spelling mistake.  I did try to look it up in my dictionary and online. Can anyone else confirm the spelling of Catapult in Canada or is it another case of someone at Kenner Canada with fat fingers when typing?

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Img_3625

Last edited by Commander Clint on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:25 am

The French/Canadian spelling is below the image CATAPULTE, so it indeed looks like another error immune English text. Good spot!!

Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:47 am

Don't know if this helps.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=catapault
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Been playing with SW my entire life, never ever noticed the reverse of the Falcon had a place to store the hideaway floor
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 20150510

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:30 pm

Damn I been playing with that ship for years now..oh wait did I say playing I meant collecting and that is something I never noticed lol
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:35 pm

And yes it's a spelling error. That is one of the common misspellings of catapult most pronounce the "A" as in "ALT" not "ULT". And this is from a Newfie no less, My fellow Canadian members and possibly a few more will get that lol
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:49 am

Great job John, I don't think many knew about the floor holder. cheers
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:32 pm

lots of great stuff in this old thread affraid but the boosk sit is just awesome x2 lol!
Back to top Go down
Pantzman
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 2:40 pm

First Post on this Forum and I can see I have a lot of reading to do...Thought I'd just add that I had my first droids C3PO and only six months ago did I find that his arms and legs come off!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Not about figs but Something I didn't know until I read the original star wars costumes book, was that child extras were used in the background of the Empire Strikes Back Hoth Hangar to help achieve forced perspective. They are dressed in full rebel gear but for kids.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 8:05 pm

walkie wrote:
Hooch wrote:

* Speeder instructions: Do these have any special codes on them in the corner or are they just any Bi logo instructions?

The instruction leaflet was revised with a part number added to the lower left corner on the front cover copyright notice on the reverse was tweaked. More surprisely though is the reversed artwork on the centre pages.

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Fq78htc

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Wh0evew

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 CHZ3x9j

Hooch wrote:

* Trilogo poster: Anything special about the poster that come with the set?

Trilogo poster, there is only one version of this.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 pm

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Leia_h10
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Leia_h11
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 4:21 am

5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Ewok-inst3
#5. a figure can be roasted..
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 9:17 am

wbobafett wrote:
Dax wrote:

OK, General Lando and Luke Poncho don't count either just because both their hands are equally useless at holding a gun!

lol! lol! lol! lol! 

I btw disagree on Yoda! Of course if your are right handed you have your walking stick in your left hand....so you can do things with your right hand.....am I wrong???

You hold the walking stick on the side of your weakest leg. So Yoda must have a gammy left leg. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:41 am

aussiejames wrote:
5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 Ewok-inst3
#5.  a figure can be roasted..

That's awesome! bounce Imagine the possibilities....

With a little bit of tape we can have some roasted Ewok... :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 7:46 am

Excellent! I have learned so much from this thread! it is a real eye opener and answered alot of questions i didnt know i had?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I didn't know that till just now" thread   5 - The "I didn't know that till just now" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I didn't know that till just now" thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8