The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:44 pm

LOL - way to go Schwartz! Let them have it

dalek
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 12:50 am

Happy Birthday my friend Smile.
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 Images10

And the answer is Han Solo, see I even have a photo that proves it lol.

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 1vws2d10

All I can see are them tick looking thing's Anakin was riding in one of those fake Star Wars movie's lol.

Larry
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Happy birthday to our resident Lord quizmaster :drumroll: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 1067231500 :cantina: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 1683302481 cheers
And thanks for keeping the questions coming as you do bow
Haven't had much chance to participate lately but looking back I didn't know a single one haha, and my guess here is likely to draw the same result.
I'll guess it's from a scene at Mos Eisley space port that Lucas added onto the originals... as for the name of the herder... Shep Crookwielder Smile
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Took awhile but I guess I finally stumped you guys!  Unless everyone is cheating! LOL  Answer is posted with the question.. no winners this week.  Until next week boys and girls...
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Ok you rebel scum... it's Monday and we all know what that means... it's time for a new question!  This week's question is brought to you by Cocoa Binks... a nutritious parts of a complete breakfast!  Ok... you all should know the rules by now but if you don,t the main one is you can't use the internet to look up your answers.  If you do and get caught, everyone with berate you and call you names like poo poo head!  So, let's get on with it this week shall we?

Question 81:
How and when did Darth Vader discover that he had a son?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: NO ONE

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Didn’t the emperor tell him during ESB?

“The son of skywalker must not be allowed to become a Luke (sic) Jedi”

Angry SW
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 am

I've been without power for days(it was so bad I bought a generator) and I'm back on the grid! I am nearly positive Craigy is spot on, well done.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am

Nope
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Nope

lol! ah shoot!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

TheSchwartz wrote:

I've been without power for days(it was so bad I bought a generator) and I'm back on the grid!  I am nearly positive Craigy is spot on, well done.  

Hope you are all ok!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am

Wow Now I'm a bit stumped...If not during ESB than it must have been sometime After the battle of Yavin.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 am

TheSchwartz wrote:

Wow Now I'm a bit stumped...If not during ESB than it must have been sometime After the battle of Yavin.  

It was and it is canon
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 pm

TheSchwartz wrote:

I've been without power for days(it was so bad I bought a generator) and I'm back on the grid!  I am nearly positive Craigy is spot on, well done.  

Not that I could have done anything but I feel like a big idiot for not knowing there was such massive winter storms going on. Here in Texas it has been short sleeve weather getting to the 80s even.

As far as the question goes I have no clue. But that's never stopped me from making up something so let me try to figure this out...
You said it is after the beginning of esb but before the end of esb and well before jedi so I am thinking some time had passed (I dont know the timeline to be honest) and seeing a father's day role around the emporer saw Vader get all sad and pouty. One afternoon as Vader was stomping through the halls of the death star force choking some stormtrooper while crying about how he would have been a father, the emporer told him to come into the steam room of the spa to try to relax. Vader seeing he had killed another trooper decided that maybe he did need a bit of down time so he met the emporer in the spa. After getting some mud masks and massages the two retrreated into the steam room where they began to feel the effects of the blue milk alcohol beverages they had been consuming during their spa day. It was in this inebriated state that the emporer accidently let Vader know his kids were still alive. Immediately realizing he made a mistake he told Vader that obi wan was to blame for his son and informed Vader that also the great and mighty ewoks had the second child and had eaten it during a great time of famine. Thus resulting in Vader telling Luke that obi wan lied to him and also the empires hunting of the ewoks that was yet to come.
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 11:33 pm

The opening crawl states "The Evil Lord Vader, obsessed with finding young Skywalker, has dispatched thousands of remote probes into the far reaches of space. . ." Then, in the next scene, we see said probes. When the Probot sends photos of the shield generator to Vader's ship he states "That is the system. And I am sure Skywalker is with them." So, it is definitely before the Emperor scene.

I often wondered where and when Vader discovered Luke existence. It would seem it would have to be in the movie novelization, if it is canon, as Disney wiped out a lot stuff (as well all know). It has been awhile since I have read them and do not recall. All that said, I always found it odd Vader could not sense Luke or Leia's presence as his offspring.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 8:43 am

I'm on a roll... that's two in a row for me! Stumped ya guys again! Smile I'm sure that if I was a petty man I'd be dancing a gig right now and rubbing it in your faces! But I'm not, so I won't... I'll take the high road on this one and just say... Better luck next week rebelscum. Answer is posted with the question!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 am

What tha... Boba Fett???? How the hell did he know?!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 am

Craig T wrote:
What tha... Boba Fett???? How the hell did he know?!

Guess you'll have to read the comic to find out! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Wow that's crazy I had no idea it was Fett.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Man, I don't even get like half a point for making up my own cool little version of how things went down? lol!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:06 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Man, I don't even get like half a point for making up my own cool little version of how things went down? lol!

I'll give ya a special THUMBS UP for bringing a smile to my face! :clap: welcome
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:17 am

OK all you rebelscum... it's Monday and we all know what that means... it's time for a new question... Since I'm on a roll so far, let's see if I can keep it up with this week's question.  You all remember the rules... no cheating by using the internet for looking up your answers.  

Question 82:
What's the name of the C-3PO character in the 1977 Star Wars spoof Hardware Wars?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: NO ONE

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 10:45 am

Oh comon... no one has seen Hardware Wars?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 4:24 pm

I have it on vhs, to bad i dont have a VCR anymore. I watched it once, it was horrid and very forgettable. I don't remember the characters names at all.
Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 4:49 pm

I don't know the answer, but I read that Rian Johnson paid homage to Hardware Wars in the one scene of The Last Jedi where the uniform was being steam ironed. I think a clothes iron was a ship in Hardware Wars.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 am

I thought that one was gonna be an easy one! Oh well! Answer posted with the question.... until next week kiddos! May the force be with you all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next