The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 am

Honestly didn't know the answer so I checked Ask Jeeves and seems there was a number of WTs...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:18 am

You guys crack me up! LMAO!!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 am

Well that was alot of fun! Answer is posted with the question... no winners this week! Until next week kiddos!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 am

I never would have guessed that, but I did get the idea that it had to do with Jar Jar lol!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

arohk wrote:
I never would have guessed that, but I did get the idea that it had to do with Jar Jar lol!

You were correct on that account... been going thru all the questions I've asked so far. Realized I messed up my count... I also asked the same question twice and both times no one got it right (even thou I posted the answer the first time! LOL)... Am going back over the thread and fixing all the questions to make them look pretty!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 11:57 am

arohk wrote:

Me too Larry.  lol!

ArtooDetour wrote:

* Episode II - Let's start giving JarJar less of a presence from now on.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 11:02 am

I had one that included jar jar also. Guess no matter how bad any movie is ever, it's still better than jar jar. lol!

Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am

Well it's a new week and time for a new question... you all know the rules... no googling or cheating by using any search engine support, however you can go back and watch the movies and all the behind the scenes content for the answers!  So without further ado...

Question 47:
How is George Lucas said to have given R2-D2 his name?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: NONE

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 am

I actually know this, but my answer may not be complete enough, but may help someone else get it...

The name is based off of the naming convention for film reels...

R stands for Reel, so R2 is Reel Two, and I cannot remember what the D stood for, but nevertheless, it is a naming convention for keeping track of the film reels in sequential order...
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I'm sure Danny's got it. Did the D stand for Dialogue?
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Dang it I know this but can't remember can't remember the last part eithe, it's been like 40 plus years since I did anything to do with this stuff. Must remember damit.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 9:32 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:
I'm sure Danny's got it. Did the D stand for Dialogue?

I believe that is part of it. I believe its Reel 2, Dialog something something 2 I know the 2 is at the end but dont remember what's after dialog. Same it gotta check or it will drive me nuts.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 8:16 am

Is that your final answer? LOL
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 11:58 am

This was tougher then I thought... collectively you all had the right answers but not a single one of you actually said the full answer!  Pity too... but I give you all Jedi Points for your efforts! Answer is posted with the question!  Until next week young pawadans!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Dang, I haven't been able to get on in a couple of days and missed the question. I had no idea anyway but I could have certainly made up something funny and very convoluted to be an answer.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 8:09 pm

A for effort everybody! Right?

Thanks for the questions as always, that was a good one, lol Smile
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Well between us all we go it lol oh ya it was Track 2 was after dialog that I was thought , I remembered when I looked it up Smile.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 am

Its Monday and it's time for a new Trivia Question from yours truly!  So, put on your thinking caps and brush off your DVDs and let's see who gets this one right!  Last week you all had it collectively, but not a single person had the whole answer!  I found that rather amusing!  But I'm sure you'll all do better this week.  So remember the rules... no cheating by googling your answer... just from your general fandom knowledge over the last 40 years, answer me this question and we'll see who is the true fans!

Question 48:
What noise does Obi-wan make to scare off the Tuskan Raiders in Episode IV?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: arohk

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 pm

I am not sure what your after on this. Are we supposed to type what we believe the the noise would look like in letters or are you asking for what does the sound mimic such as an animal or whatever?

Not that I could get the answer right either way because I will have to watch the movie to even recall it. Off the top of my head it was unlike anything I can recall hearing but it's been a good while since I watched the movie.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 pm

So listening to this it sounds kind of like an emergency siren with a elephant sound added towards the end. I don't know how to even type what that would be.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Lucas mentioned what the sound was in the Novel.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 10:00 pm

I am pretty sure it was a Krayt dragon he was doing. As it would scare the shit out of anything it also looks cool on our patch Smile.
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 31606410
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 am

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 Kraytd10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 6:43 pm

He was simply varmint calling,

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 Varmin10

What a Face
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 11:32 am

You guys are so funny!  Way to go Arohk... I wonder what the score is now?  I'm sure I'm WAYYYYYY in the lead over all of you, but then I guess I have an unfair advantage as the Trivia Guru! LOL  Answer is posted with the question... Until next week kiddies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next