The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 5:06 am

Our quizmaster has stumped us again, well done bow
Is Hardware Wars the film with fruit and vegetable characters, and Ben says to Luke (who happens to be a potato) "Luke, trust your peelings?" Or is that another spoof film? unsure
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 10:23 am

ArtooDetour wrote:
Our quizmaster has stumped us again, well done bow  
Is Hardware Wars the film with fruit and vegetable characters, and Ben says to Luke (who happens to be a potato) "Luke, trust your peelings?" Or is that another spoof film? unsure

No... Hardware Wars was with the Toaster shooting toast, and the falcon was an Iron.  Had Ham Salad, Fluke Starbucker, Oggie "Ben" Doggie, R2 was a Vaccuum Cleaner and looked like it was shot in about a day and a half!  Was pretty funny thou.  Chewie was the Cookie Monster! Smile  Here it is:

I loved how Chewie started chomping on Leia's hair buns! Smile
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 am

I feel like I'm on a roll... maybe that's why I've got butter on my pants! LOL  Good Monday morning all you happy campers and I hope you all had a pleasant weekend.  I'll try to make this week a bit easier on you, and hope you don't miss it!  Matter of fact I'm sure all of you should get it, and if you don't... just turn in your Star Wars card and walk away with your head bowed in shame (even Bryan should get this one)!  You all know the rules... no cheating by using the internet to get your answers... let's get on with it shall we?

Question 83:
What did Luke shoot in his T-16 back on Tatooine?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TheSchwartz

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 am

Womp Rats!!!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 10:11 am

Way to go Schwartz!

I concur Womp Rats ... and apparently they are not too much bigger than two metres!

Some points:

A 2m long rat would scare the hell outta of me affraid
It just occured to me that most folk in the USA (lucas’ main audience) wouldn’t know the metric system as they use imperial units! So it a good chance they didn’t how big the exhaust port was when watching the movie. Why didn’t the scientist guy say that the target is only 6.5ft wide????
A meter is actually spelt “metre”; Over here in the Ye Ole World, a meter is tool for measuring.
1foot = 0.3m
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 10:37 am

Well Said Craig! We have very large Rats in New York City, but not over 6ft!

I actually convert feet/meters many times during the day at work working with international customers.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 1:54 pm

TheSchwartz wrote:

Well Said Craig!  We have very large Rats in New York City, but not over 6ft!

I actually convert feet/meters many times during the day at work working with international customers.

I don't know... Wienstein? LOL
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 8:22 am

Way to go... I don't think I could have made that one any easier, but I guess Bryan missed it! Oh well! Way to go rebelscum... Answer is posted with the question... until next week!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 8:15 am

Good Monday morning all you happy campers... it's time for another trivia question... that's right, the one day of the week where you scratch your head and say to yourself "I should know this one!"... well I went easy on you guys last week so this week I figured I'd switch it up.  Let's see how well you know this one!  Remember the rules... no using the internet to find your answers!  Let's get get started!

Question 84:
What lizard-skinned head of the Black Sun criminal syndicate was added to Star Wars canon in 1996 and removed in 2014?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TrappedTexan

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 9:34 am

LrdSatyr8 wrote:

I don't think I could have made that one any easier, but I guess Bryan missed it!  

up yours up yours up yours

LrdSatyr8 wrote:

Question 84:
What lizard-skinned head of the Black Sun criminal syndicate was added to Star Wars canon in 1996 and removed in 2014?

I know this one. Shadows of the empire had some great characters. Snoova the wookie bounty hunter, aka Chewbacca in disguise; swoop gang riders; a whole bounty hunter side story; and of course prince xizor the leader of the black sun who was after Leia and competing with the empire in some way. I need to reread all these comics now to remember exact story lines.

I think this is the same story that had fett going against zuckus, 4lom, bossk, and ig88 as it expanded on him making the delivery of solo to Jabba. Coincidentally if it is or isn't that comic series I do remember the bounty hunter story line was supposed to be a secondary story in whatever comics it was that it was in and I remember thinking even back then that the bounty hunter story was more interesting than the main story.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 11:28 am

trappedtexan wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:

I don't think I could have made that one any easier, but I guess Bryan missed it!  

up yours up yours up yours

kissass kissass kissass
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Dam Bryan beat me to it!!!

My own fault, as I have been working late (00:09 here).

I concur though... The Green Chappy: Xizor is your man.

Nice question @LrdSatyr8 Smile

Did any one play the original SOTE PC game??? I think it also came out on the N64. I had so much fun with that game, the story was pretty cool too. I remember the book and comics Bryan! and I also recall in the game riding speeder bike in Tattoone, trying to jump carriages on the train to Ord Mantel and taking on IG88. I can't remember his ship - was it outride?? but do I recall flying out to the skyhook to destroy the base and then the sad ending.

Wow hasn't 21 years flown by? 1997 was a cool Year for me, I had just finished my original loose set of figures and SOTE helped fill the buzz between the original films' special editions and the then anticipated Episode I. It was also the year I bought my first real PC out of my 1st Year Student Loan. The PC cost me £1250 back then and I spent further £150 buying the SOTE game and a 3D accelerator to run it. My PC was Windows 95 and the hard disk was only 3 Giga-bytes in size! A: and B: drives were floppy drives. Crazy how technology has advanced.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 9:59 pm

Never played the game but this was in the middle of the potf2 days of figures and i remember not only the xizor figure on a card but he came also in a two pack with Vader.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 3:07 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Never played the game but this was in the middle of the potf2 days of figures and i remember not only the xizor figure on a card but he came also in a two pack with Vader.

That's right! I had Xizor vs.Darth and IG88 vs. Bobafett and there was a little comic inside too. Didn't Xizor have a different weapon in the 2 pack compared to the individual card (just Kenner trying to make you buy both Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Craig T wrote:

That's right! I had Xizor vs.Darth and IG88 vs. Bobafett and there was a little comic inside too. Didn't Xizor have a different weapon in the 2 pack compared to the individual card (just Kenner trying to make you buy both Rolling Eyes )

The entire potf2 line was full of small stupid variations and coincidentally the reason I don't collect modern anymore. I realized somewhere after getting the 3rd or 4th copy of the same figure on a card with a sticker vs no sticker or whatever variation that all modern stuff was being made to soak up as much money as possible and that the company no longer cared about collectors. I don't know if that still stands true for current lines. The black series for instance I don't see them rereleasing the same figure on different card variations but I don't really pay much attention so maybe they do.

Anyway, sorry went on a bit of a rant there, yes there was a variation on the two pack vs the single card in that they had the same weapon but one was a different color to the other. The weapon if I remember right was this wierd two piece shield type thing that could split in half and make two seperate ones. I believe one version was red and one was blue. Another odd fact that you euro guys may or may not know regarding the shadows line (I didn't find this out till years later when I had stopped collecting the modern garbage) is that in some European countries these figures, at least some of them, were released on red cardbacks very similar to the potf2 cardbacks and I don't think those had the holographic stickers on them. In the US the shadows line was only found on the purple cardbacks with hologram stickers on them, so it was neat to see that years later.
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 2:33 pm

trappedtexan wrote:

The entire potf2 line was full of small stupid variations and coincidentally the reason I don't collect modern anymore. I realized somewhere after getting the 3rd or 4th copy of the same figure on a card with a sticker vs no sticker or whatever variation that all modern stuff was being made to soak up as much money as possible and that the company no longer cared about collectors. I don't know if that still stands true for current lines. The black series for instance I don't see them rereleasing the same figure on different card variations but I don't really pay much attention so maybe they do.

With the Vintage Collection they had a few variations. Limited foil-stamped logos as well as regular, printed. The also had multiple cards for figures. On top of SW, ESB and RotJ, some figures also had Revenge of the Jedi cards.

I think all of the variations for POTF2 got me out of it, too, now that I think of it. I quickly felt overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am

WAY TO GO BRYAN! Jumped right on that one! Great job bro! Answer is posted with the question... until next week all you happy campers!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Yay Bryan! Way to go our Sage!

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 5:36 pm

@trappedtexan & @comicalUser

Your posts echoed with me guys; I stopped collecting anything other than vintage right after Celebration Europe in July 2007. (EDIT OK that’s a little lie as I have a sphero BB8).

Someone held a talk in the Collectors’ Panel on having a focus and I just sat there talking it all in and thinking why did I waste so much money on trying to get so much modern when they pumped so many variations as you described. Every attempt to complete a modern set was fruitless and there was always a variation I need to seek. I decided from there to only collect vintage and from there to look at a few particular foci.

When I moved backed to the UK in 2011 after working abroad I literally gave a 3ft x 3ft packing crate full of modern figures, It must have been in the hundreds to a work colleague’s little boy as he liked star wars. It made his day. The following Monday morning, I was greeted with a thank you card and some bottles of real ale the next day by his dad. He and his little buddy opened everyone and they had a great time.

Hi Bryan – yep that was right, some of the POTF was on the red back card, I remembered that Wendy ‘s ToyLoft mail order form saying that she could get the purple shadows from the states, but I remember it being expensive.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 pm

@LrdSatyr8

Sorry for the little hijack of your thread my Lord!

Your questions not only stump our brains and get the grey matter working; but they also bring out a lot of memories and shared stories.

A great thread - keep those toughies coming.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 am

Craig T wrote:
@LrdSatyr8

Sorry for the little hijack of your thread my Lord!

Your questions not only stump our brains and get the grey matter working; but they also bring out a lot of memories and shared stories.

A great thread - keep those toughies coming.

Echo that! Top work as always Lord Quizmaster. My job is keeping me away from the forum a lot but I always check this thread to see if I can guess correctly. I rarely can lol. Keep em coming!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 am

Gee thanks guys... I'm collector myself so I know what it's like. I had ALL of the original 70s/80s action figures including the Blue Snags and and it pained me greatly to have to sell them. I grew up with them and they were a big part of my childhood. I remember when it all began when I found my first figure laying in the dirt. It was a vintage original C-3PO (before they made it to where his arms and legs came off) that had seen alot of use. But I took him home, cleaned him up and repainted him. That started my journey. Bryan was there when I had to sell them during hard times. Didn't get as much for them as I was hoping but he and I became good friends ever since! Matter of fact, he's the one who invited me here! Thanks Bry! I may rib ya alot but I consider you a good friend!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 am

@LrdSatyr8

I concur, your weekly questions are something I always look forward to each week. I've been extremely busy as of late but I try to make sure I tune in Monday Morning. Keep up the good work, it is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Craig T wrote:
(EDIT OK that’s a little lie as I have a sphero BB8).

Funnily enough i am not a huge fan of modern but I do buy what I like, so I have a black series fett and actually just got a sphero droid too.  Disney has this thing called movie rewards and you earn points for movies you purchased or saw and I got a ton so I cashed them in for the sphero black bb8 droid. Think his name is actually bb9 but I would have to go get the box to see. I haven't even opened it yet as I don't think my current phone will work it, so it is still packed away on my dresser.

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Bryan was there when I had to sell them during hard times....but he and I became good friends ever since!  Matter of fact, he's the one who invited me here!  Thanks Bry!  I may rib ya alot but I consider you a good friend!

Jeez man, now I am gonna get blamed for you being around here.... lol!
Just kidding with ya, it has been great to have you on board. I think of you as a good friend also. Now enough mushy crap, bring on the next question (well....bring it next week I mean)
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 11:14 am

Alrighty all you scruffy looking nerfhearders out there... it's Monday and we all know what that means... it's time for a new question!  That's right!  Your favorite time of the week.  Can almost cut the love in this forum today!  I'll try to go easy on ya but we all know I've been taking it easy on you all lately... gotta hit ya with a tuffy!  Ok... remember the rules... no using the internet to cheat, that includes watching YouTube movie clips!  So let's get on with it shall we?

Question 85:
What was the name of the 6 breasted dancing woman in Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: trappedtexan

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next