The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

This is a tough one. I don't even know. Random guess.....5.
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 am

Zero.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 11:17 am

It's probably zero since it was probably CGI but....I'll say 4 just because zero was already said and I at least have a chance this way.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 am

Looks like we got some fresh meat in the mix here... way to go CU! Answer is posted with the question... until next week, try not to fly too close to star or re-emerge inside of a super nova while I'm gone! Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 7:43 am

Zero??? Shocked

Wow
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 am

Good Monday morning all you happy campers!  It's Monday and we all know what that means... it's time for a brand new trivia question... you all should know the rules by now... if not and you're just joining us here, no cheating by using the internet for your answers.  This is gonna be a tricky one this week... I'm gonna make ya work for this one!  So without further ado... let's get to it shall we?

Question 95:
Who said "Luke, I am your father!"?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TheSchwartz

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:23 am

Nobody.

I think this is a trick question.
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 3:27 pm

What TheSchwartz said, as it is one of the most famous lines in a movie, misquoted. The correct line is: "No, I am your father."
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:10 am

You guys are starting to get wise to me here... I think I'm gonna have to change tactics on ya! LOL Way to go TS... Answer is posted with the question... until next week! May the force be with you always!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:41 am

We are on to you Lord!

Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 am

TheSchwartz wrote:
We are on to you Lord!

To paraphrase my idol Mike Myers... "That's Doctor Lord to you... I didn't spend 8 years in Evil Medicial School to just be called Lord thank you very much!" LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm

Cheeky, Cheeky Question Dr!

But you'll have to "get up much earlier in the morning" if ye are going to catch out TheSchwartz
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:24 am

Good Monday morning all you happy rebels out there... it's time for a new question of the week and I'm sure this should be a brain buster.  I'll be surprised if anyone gets this one but seeing as we're approaching the 3 digit questions range, you know they won't get any easier from here on out.  So let's get to it shall we?

Question 96:
How many women with speaking roles are seen in the original trilogy?  (Bonus for naming them all)

Answer:

First Correct Answer: comicalUser - (No bonus points)

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:12 am

I can only think of 3. Aunt Beru, princess Leia, and the lady general when they talk about the death star plans.

Though I guess this could be a time pick question because earlier in this thread wasn't there a question that said all the females were voiced over except Leia or something like that? So the way this question is phrased combined with that could be a trap....my answer remains 3 though because I am to lazy to go back and check that question.
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 1:16 am

Aunt Beru.

Princess Leia.

"Stand-by, Ion control" woman in Empire Strikes Back, name unknown to me.

Mon Mothma, rebel briefing.

Does EV-9D9 count? (haha?)

My guess seems to be 4, but I feel like I am missing someone else from ESB or RotJ . . .
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:08 am

I've been thinking about this one for days now! (ok a day, but it does feel like days) And I can't think of any more apart from 4 Embarassed

Going by memory on when I remember them speak in the in the film

SW: Aunt Beru, "luke luke..."
SW: Leia "Governer Tarkin, I recognise your foul stench..."
ESB: Unnamed Female Control Room Officer, "Stand by Ion Control.." (bet she has a name now in Expanded Universe)
ROTJ: Mon Mothma "the empire has made a critical error..."

Note:

ROTJ: Sy snootles & Ev-9D9 are both female but are not a female humans, i.e. women - So recon this is a Dr Lord trap
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Craig T wrote:
Note:

ROTJ: Sy snootles & Ev-9D9 are both female but are not a female humans, i.e. women - So recon this is a Dr Lord trap

I thought of Sy, but it says "speaking role", hers is a singing role . . . so . . . haha.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Ah ha - but are we we talking original original trilogy or special edition OT?? Because she definately says “Oh Oh” when olah becomes a steak oh la la for rancour

geek

Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 pm

Getting better you rebelscum... CU got the right number but not the right people... Craig was the first to remember the dancer! So closeeeeeeeeeeeee... but I guess it's like trying to bullseye womprats! Answer is posted with the question... until next week happy campers!
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 2:31 pm

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Getting better you rebelscum... CU got the right number but not the right people... Craig was the first to remember the dancer! So closeeeeeeeeeeeee... but I guess it's like trying to bullseye womprats!  Answer is posted with the question... until next week happy campers!

The answer is 5, then? "Stand-by ion control" is the woman rebel in the Hoth Base as the first transport took off. Not sure if she was ever credited with a name — canon, EU or otherwise.

I answered everything Craig did, nearly verbatim, minus Sy. I think he was referring to Sy responding ("oh, oh") to Oola's demise. But you are right, an alien language, but Oola does have a speaking part. So, is the answer 6, then? Does not Sy say some words before singing?
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:46 pm

comicalUser wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Getting better you rebelscum... CU got the right number but not the right people... Craig was the first to remember the dancer! So closeeeeeeeeeeeee... but I guess it's like trying to bullseye womprats!  Answer is posted with the question... until next week happy campers!

The answer is 5, then? "Stand-by ion control" is the woman rebel in the Hoth Base as the first transport took off. Not sure if she was ever credited with a name — canon, EU or otherwise.

I answered everything Craig did, nearly verbatim, minus Sy. I think he was referring to Sy responding ("oh, oh") to Oola's demise. But you are right, an alien language, but Oola does have a speaking part. So, is the answer 6, then? Does not Sy say some words before singing?

The control room voice has no confirmation or even credits of whether it was female or not, could have just been an effeminate sounding male since the person doing the voice was never actually seen on camera. Sy Snoogles just sang, did not speak otherwise, and if I'm not mistaken in the original the Lapti-nek song was composed by John William's son. Was really disappointed they removed that whole scene in the Special Editions and replaced it with CGI! Really disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Dam ... I can’t believe I forgot ola was mouthing off to Jabba before she became a tasty snack! My lack of attention is someone elses gain.

Good man Dr Lord!
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:10 am

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
The control room voice has no confirmation or even credits of whether it was female or not, could have just been an effeminate sounding male since the person doing the voice was never actually seen on camera.  Sy Snoogles just sang, did not speak otherwise, and if I'm not mistaken in the original the Lapti-nek song was composed by John William's son.  Was really disappointed they removed that whole scene in the Special Editions and replaced it with CGI!  Really disappointing.

Not to belabor the point, but the "stand-by ion control" actor is indeed on camera and clearly a woman. She has a bun before manbuns were even a thing yet!  Smile  Her character name, after a bit of research, is Toryn Farr, and played by actress Brigitte Kahn. https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Toryn_Farr

And I totally agree with you regarding removing the original Max Reebo Band number. Joh Yowza looks incredibly cartoon-y. I am one who actually likes a significant amount of the early Special Edition changes, but this one really bugs me. That, and cartoon Jabba in Mos Eisley!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:44 am

comicalUser wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:
The control room voice has no confirmation or even credits of whether it was female or not, could have just been an effeminate sounding male since the person doing the voice was never actually seen on camera.  Sy Snoogles just sang, did not speak otherwise, and if I'm not mistaken in the original the Lapti-nek song was composed by John William's son.  Was really disappointed they removed that whole scene in the Special Editions and replaced it with CGI!  Really disappointing.

Not to belabor the point, but the "stand-by ion control" actor is indeed on camera and clearly a woman. She has a bun before manbuns were even a thing yet!  Smile  Her character name, after a bit of research, is Toryn Farr, and played by actress Brigitte Kahn. https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Toryn_Farr

Here's the problem... you see a woman in the control room she says nothing... next you hear what sounds like a woman's voice over the intercom... does this mean that the voice you hear was that of the woman? No... Lucas was famous for replacing voices in the film. Look was he did to David Prowse (and countless others). For all we know, that voice could have actually been a recording from an another movie or a voice extra that ended up being in the right place at the right time and Ben Burtt grabbed them and said "Here... say this real quick"... needless to say, it probably was afterthought and can't really be counted as a female speaking role because 1) You never actually saw who said it, and 2) it was more likely considered just vocal talent and not actually a role. A speaking role is highly sought after in Hollywood because you get paid more. It requires that you are not only filmed in front of the camera, but are speaking lines as well. I believe Oola even thou most of time she was screaming, she did manage to squeeze out a couple of words like "Don't, please, stop" etc (even if it were in an alien dialect). So that does qualify her as having a speaking role! Make sense now?
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 1:51 am

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
comicalUser wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:

Here's the problem... you see a woman in the control room she says nothing... next you hear what sounds like a woman's voice over the intercom... does this mean that the voice you hear was that of the woman?  No... Lucas was famous for replacing voices in the film.

Watch it again. She is on-screen talking, lips moving. No cutaway, Lucaswipe or anything. She even says "Fire!" before then cutting to the ion cannon firing. Does it mean it is not dubbed? Not at all; it sure is possible. It is just generally accepted that she is one of the few speaking roles in the OT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next