The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm

I solemnly swear I haven’t used the internet... but I know its the stormtrooper blaster
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 12:41 pm

That does make sense, I think they are talking about the Sten gun.

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 4:46 pm

The E-11 and DH-17 for the original movies
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 8:14 am

Thought I might have had you all with that one... you guys consistantly surprise me! In any event, way to go Craig! Answer is posted with the question... Until next week all you rebelscum! May the force be with you all!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am

Well Done Craig!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Yay!

Did anyone go to Celebration Europe in 2007??? In the collector panels, the propstore of london had the gun on show.

I remember it being very heavy!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:12 pm

I hate to say this but the question was "What Star Wars props were built from British Sterling L2A3 SMG's?" But I have to correct this so you guys know just in case it comes up. I you look at both both the DH-17 and the E-11 you will see they areboth made from a Sterling SMG.

In A New Hope the DH-17 was a cast of a Sterling but in ESB they were fully functional weapons.

If you look at both you will see they are the same aside from the DH-17 forward part.

Here is a link to a movie weapons page. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Original_Trilogy#BlasTech_DH-17_Blaster_Pistol

Just want people to know that not just the E-11 was made from the Sterling.

Larry
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 am

Well it's Monday and you all know what that means... it's time for a new question of the week.  Been a rough weekend for me so I'll skip all the pleasentries and remind everyone about the rules... no cheating by using the internet for your answers, that includes searching for keywords or clarifications or watching movie clips on youtube!  So without further ado... here's this week's question...

Question 79:
What badge signifies a Rebel General?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TheSchwartz

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:03 am

Its a square badge with 5 dots arranged in an "X" shape and resembles packaging found commonly in throat lozenges.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 pm

5 Red dots in an X pattern on a cloth or metal background. If it matter color does make a difference as their is Army and Navy ranks same as the Empire.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Were they really dots?
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Circles. Ovals. Cough drops?
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:27 pm

5 Strepsils - half used so they are sticky and stuck on the General's attire in the formation as illustrated by my little blushing helpers:

Embarassed__________Embarassed

______Embarassed

Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Craig T wrote:
5 Strepsils - half used so they are sticky and stuck on the General's attire in the formation as illustrated by my little blushing helpers:

______Embarassed

Well done Craig! I believe strepsils are the UK version of "Cepacol" throat lozenges.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:24 pm

TheSchwartz wrote:
Craig T wrote:

______Embarassed

Well done Craig!  I believe strepsils are the UK version of "Cepacol" throat lozenges.  

Yeah! That's them! Once tacky and stuck to something, nothing short of dynamite will remove them!

I'm late to the party for change, but maybe I get a quarter of a point for the illustrative part!

We have a nasty snow weather warning for Scotland - so stocked-up and the heating on full. Could be a snow day off work tomorrow ... Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 1655482919
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:28 pm

I did hear about your approaching winter weather (I order Scotch from Master of Malt) and they said they may have to close.

Stay safe and warm and May the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Thanks bud!

We are set-up here. The little guy is fast asleep, and my lead crystal decanters are fully laden with new supplies of Dalwhinnie & Glenrothes.

Tip of the glass to you! cheers
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Well done Sir!

Gotta try Glendronach.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 am

Even tried to trip you all up... but way to go rebelscum! Answer is posted with the question... until next week!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 9:04 am

I am assuming you got the 5 red dot thing from general dodonna (think that is the name) but I believe that he had the wrong insignia on or maybe a general of certain troop type is different than that of others? I mean we have general madine who has a completly different insignia which one could argue then that madine had the wrong one, except lando was promoted to general and given the exact same insignia as the one madine wears.
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 0dbdf311
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 Screen12

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 5:28 am

Hey Bryan,

I forgot about lando and madine... is this because they’re a part of the Navy as opposed to army ground troops. Different uniforms. Maybe they had to use bright strepsel dots at hoth, because of the low visability during snow storms.

I still can’t believe Kenner managed to persuade Lucus to make madine wear a fake beard, so their action figure was correct. His prop beard was on show in Celebration Europe collecting panel.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Very Valid point about Madine and Lando.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 11:16 am

Happy Monday all you fellow Star Wars trivia buffs out there and what a wonderful week it is.  This week marks my 51st anniversary of orbiting the giant gas burning ball in our solar system.  And this week I think I'll throw out a tuffy just to see if you guys really know your stuff!  Remember the rules, no cheating by using the internet to find your answers!  You can go to the library and look at these things that are an analog rectangular format made of pressed wood pulp with squid secretions on them, I think they are called books!  But I could be wrong!  Without further ado... here's this weeks brain teaser!

Question 80:
Before Decipher INC lost the license to print Star Wars cards in 2001, they released a card revealing we’ve actually already have seen a scruffy looking nerf herder — a guy who herded nerfs — on screen. What was the character’s name?  (Bonus points if you can name the scene he's in!)

Answer:

First Correct Answer: NO ONE

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Happy Birthday!!! :drumroll: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 1067231500 :cantina: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 1683302481

An yes... I am completely stumped... where my library card... study
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 1683302481

This is all that comes to mind when someone mentions nerf herder...

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 Nerf-d10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next