The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

doggy dog story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:11 am

I have been contacted one month ago by a guy who want to sell old toys from the 80. he send me those pictures:
doggy dog story _poste10

doggy dog story _liste10

I was really interrested by the poster "retour du jedi" pretty rare, and the luke farmboy who appers to be a meccano rased bar.

But the guy don't answer for days... doh  after a while he says he is not checking his mail every day, and he is going to ask the right price on a forum.  Crying or Very sad  He makes me wait for more than a month like that, even if I whrite every two days because I was really interrested by the rare poster.  Laughing  then he says ok, deal.  cheers 

and the day I post the money, he write to me saying his dog has eaten the poster and the luke meccano jawdrop 
I thought it was a lie, and someone did a better offer, but it seams not.
this really made me nervous because I was really after it and waiting almost every day, and this end is so umbelivable. I wanted to share this doggy dog story  :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 am

Sorry to hear this Nicolas.

Personally I don't believe the guy's story. Off course there is always a possibility that a dog eats vintage toys, but there is a higher possibility that he sold his stuff to another collector once he had posted a valuation thread on a forum (which one?).

Did you at least get your money back?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:30 pm

I have to agree with Dr Dengar seems odd of all the stuff the dog would eat the two of the more expensive ones I have a black lab an eating machine and she would chew it all up not just one fig and the poster. I hope you got your money back.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:24 pm

The butt munch got a better (higher) offer. To bad. Cool poster.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Funny how the dog ate just the two 'rare' bits, that's a very specific dog! probably the same one that ate the PBP Luke X-Wing I won on ebay a few years back for 99p!

OT but, many years ago, my sister in law actually genuinely had her school home work eaten by the dog, she had to lie because there was no way anyone woul believe her  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:35 am

Sad story. I think the dog story is bull...

"Courage Nicolas - désespérer il ne faut point"
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:46 am

yeah I know, I thouht the same. but the fact is the poster and the luke were already packed toguether, ready to be sent.

The guy sent me two long mails to tell me how many stuff the dog has eaten in the house and how terribly sorry he was, and that he had to bring the dog to the doctor because of the peaces of luke inside the dog.

Maybe I am terribly naive, but I trust him, and I prefer this version instead if thinking he just sold it to a higher price to someone else.

But it is a little sad that those two rare piece just stupidly desaper

little compensation, I received this morning a biker pbp from spain that I trade for a meccano fig.

doggy dog story Img_6110
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:53 am

@ dengar: I was about to post the money but I received the mail in the same time, so I didn't of course

@ jedi blueberry: merci pour ta compréhension, cette histoire à la con m'a vraiment pris la tête

I don't know if I should recommand this seller after this story, but he also had plenty of transformers to sell. I can't upload the picture apparently because the picture is "too big"?? but if you are interrested, can send it by email with the contact. I guess he would be more carrefull with the dog now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

doggy dog story Empty
PostSubject: Re: doggy dog story   doggy dog story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

doggy dog story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1