The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first post! My story :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

My first post! My story :) Empty
PostSubject: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Glad to have been activated to be a part of the boards here. I was on RebelScum shortly before someone ripped into me for posting something on the 'wrong board', I was new and said sorry... and that it wasn't the nicest way to treat a new-comer. He kept insulting me, as did others so I got banned for a month. So forget that, I said "gotta be nicer people out there that collect, have a love for SW". Hope this is the place!

I great up a Star Wars child in the 70's.... collected everything.... put a lot of my figures/toys through hell and back. I, for whatever reason, never let go of any of them. Some were lost and buried, but I had the bulk of many of my figures. Weapons are another story. But anyway, they've been boxed away for 25+ years.

Then two years ago, my (now 12) oldest little girl saw Ep. IV and fell in love. She watched Episode I to VI over and over again. Padme became her favorite, shortly after my (now 9 year old) youngest daughter followed suit. She became a huge Leia fan. So I got out all my old figures, toys and gave them to my two girls. Since, we've started to collect every Leia and Padme figure we could get our hands on and they never wanted to open any of them, so they are still in mint condition in the packaging.

We then started to collect other figures of interest, like the Expanded Universe figures... Force Unleashed figures... etc. Recently it's been models, to which we've put together a huge collection of models from the AT-AT to the Naboo Fighter.

So fun, being 37 years old and watching my two daughters fall in love with something I never dreamed of. In fact, they wrote Santa they both wanted Force FX sabers for Christmas two years ago. One got Darth Vader, the other got Anakin. All the toys are out on display now in their play room. Dozens of books, posters, action figures, origional ships (including the complete Falcon), games, etc, etc.

Never dreamed my girls would fall in love. They had the time of their lives this pat Fall when we visited Disneyland and they got to be a part of the Jedi Academy. So much fun... my little one fought Darth Vader and Maul. One of only 2-3 that got to fight both. She was actually scared!

Anyway, wanted to share and say hi. Glad to be here!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Im going to say it before anybody else does. We WILL NOT tolerate anything like what went on over on RS. If it does start up again, a month ban will be the least you have to worry about. Make your time here with us a great time and dont re-light the fire that was started there. If you play by the rules here, you will enjoy yourself. And with that said, Welcome to TIG
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:02 pm

I kept insulting you..... REALLY?? My first post in that thread was stern but not directly insulting. YOU flipped out like a little kid and started spewing homophobic comments (which are what got me started insulting you) You deserved my comments/insults and worse, you went over the line and I refused to let you get away with it. If you notice, there have been multiple threads on RS, friends and other posters supporting me.

Now if you want to start from scratch, an apology for your homophobic comments will go a long way with me, and I'm sure some of the members of our community that actually are gay.

Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Ya dude, you were no angel in the RS thread. This post looks to be a huge troll on Joe if you ask me.

Anyways, if it isn't, own up instead of trolling and I'm sure rocky pasts can be forgotten - people have done worse and been given fresh starts.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Is this a joke guys? I about fell out of my chair when I first started reading this.... If this isn't, we need some peace around here. No more wars, this is the safe zone right?
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Not a joke, but we'll see how he responds.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:01 am

Joseph_Y wrote:
I kept insulting you..... REALLY?? My first post in that thread was stern but not directly insulting. YOU flipped out like a little kid and started spewing homophobic comments (which are what got me started insulting you) You deserved my comments/insults and worse, you went over the line and I refused to let you get away with it. If you notice, there have been multiple threads on RS, friends and other posters supporting me.

Now if you want to start from scratch, an apology for your homophobic comments will go a long way with me, and I'm sure some of the members of our community that actually are gay.

Joe

Joe, your response wasn't really warranted. You could have taken a whole different approach, try to have been a little nice about things but you didn't and it went down hill. I'll be the bigger man and apologize. I think being banned for a month is harsh, considering I never even received a warning (I did get support via messages from other members apologizing for the rude welcome).

That said, I don't know what you're talking about with 'homophobic comments'. I never said anything of the sort. I have friends that are gay, one I grew up playing Star Wars with.

I was hoping to find a board that was a little supportive and welcoming of new members and not going on the offensive right off the bat for posting about POTF figures in the Vintage board... like I hacked into the forum and deleted all the acounts. I've just never received such a *welcome*.

Anyway, I hope this board will be a good place to talk about something we all enjoy and do it in a friendly way. Without attacking, without insults.

My first post here was about how I found my passion of collecting again because of my 12 and 9 year old little girls... not about issues between you and me. I'd rather it end now. Please.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:10 am

Your comment was something to the effect of me sitting in my moms basement (very original btw) with my boyfriend eating cheetos. There was some other bit to it, but I can't remember. it came across as very homophobic. But regardless, I do appreciate the apology, and hope that you in time blend in with the crowd here and on RS.
Just keep the modern toy talk where it belongs....on a modern forum.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:12 am

Peace : )

Last edited by stevefdwyer on Mon May 28, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:13 am

That was one of my questions in my initial post on RS... why couldn't I post on the POTF2 forum? It was basically locked down and I didn't/don't have the time to go over all the board and all their different rules.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:57 am

Gotta read the rules....you're running out of forums.....LOL
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:17 am

Hahahhahahhhaaa......thats a fake guys....isnt it???

You cannot even write things like this.....LOL

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:31 am

TishomingoSith you understand that we will keep a close eye on your actions in the beginning as we don't want to have a continuation of your fight with Joe here on these boards.

That being said, you made an important step in the right direction by apologizing to Joe. Sorry seems to be the hardest word, but you said it.

For the both of you: What happened on RS, stays on RS. Just let it go now and continue your travel in the positive direction.

Welcome aboard!! Very Happy

My first post! My story :) DarthVaderHug

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:53 am

I really had hoped that I could share my story here without it being completely about a misunderstanding on another board.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

Just let it go, don't look back at the ruins of the past, as there is no glory to be obtained.

Instead focus on your next mission, and make it a mutual success!!

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:31 am

Just to interject one little detail for TishomingoSith. I think the reason you couldn't start a thread on RS in the POTF2 section is because only mods can start one in that section. Which makes no sense at all. But anyway. Fly straight, get along, and enjoy some SW.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:08 am

OK, you apologized for your actions on RS, which is a big step forward. Kudos for that. And I extend my welcome aboard once again.

If your mainly a modern collector, that area is in the off topic section of this forum. The main body of this forum is for vintage collecting as you shouldve noticed so far. If we are going to have more modern collectors come aboard, I think its time for the team to start thinking about adding a modern section to the forum to not only cater to the modern collectors, but to broaden our horizons as a forum as a whole. We have been looking for a change here, so maybe this is what we have been needing, a modern section.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:56 am

I like that this forum is predominately concerning vintage. I find most of us are of the same "mindset". If someone wants to talk modern figures there are tonnes of other websites that satisfy that(POTF2.com, RS, sandtroopers.com, etc etc), which kind of confuses me why the OP to this thread chose this vintage focused message board when there are many other options that are more up his alley.
I suppose I did transform from a guy that has complete sets of POTF2, Ep1, POTJ, ROTS, etc to a vintage collector. So sometimes tigers change their stripes.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:46 am

I'm all for democracy so any changes to adopting modern would be if we got a real groundswell of interest. So that said , here is my personal opinion as a member.

I agree with Kevin. I think most of us are solely into vintage and like the purity of that. We have a few niche sections here for modern but they're mostly dormant and for a reason.

Anyone else got an opinion one way or another on this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:07 am

Part of this forums charm and appeal is that we DON'T have to deal with the modern consumers....err collectors, with their tales of Walmart glory, finding the newest wave of mass produced toys, and acting like they've unearthed the kit bashed Fett proto or something. We don't have to deal with them literally arguing over IF they're going to continue to "collect" if Hasbro raises their price $1 (there's a 20+ page thread about that on RS)...fucking ridiculous.

Yes, yes we're all Star Wars fans...the lament from the sidelines screams.... but these forums aren't about how much of a movie fan you are, they're about collecting. So far this forum is about VINTAGE collecting (for the most part), and is better off kept that way IMO.

Joe
-self professed Vintage snob.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:42 am

i personally don't mind if theres a modern section.i wouldn't visit there,but i wouldn't have a problem if other people wanted to.as we're mainly vintage collectors it seems pointless to go to the trouble of setting up a modern section.but if thers interest then thats down to admin.i'm just digging the smileys over here My first post! My story :) 1222016361 :cantina: meeting Gam Guard

daren
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm 90% vintage. I still to this day go through old boxes in the metal barn at my parents looking for parts, figures, comics. In fact, I've been looking for the rest of my comics that I can't seem to find. All in acid free bags and backs.. I did find my Star Wars #1-4 then like #60-65. Where the rest are... no clue (along with all my GI Joe, X-Men, etc).

Anyway, I still collect vintage and am trying to complete my old collection that are missing while helping my two little girls start their own collection (which is already surpassing mine).
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:34 pm

FOUND THE NEW DARTH MALGUS WAVE AT KMART!!!! LUKE HOTH!!!! ANYONE GOT BATILLA SHAN?!? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:45 pm

KMART you say. Maybe I should check there for a First Shot Hammerhead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Though my focus contains a number of modern pre-production pieces, this place has a nice Vintage feel to it. If I feel the need to discuss modern happenings, I can scroll over to RS or other forums and post there. This place is also free from the political bullshit, that RS has become over the years, due to many dickhead modern collectors. Some change is good, but not in that direction..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first post! My story :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next