The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first post! My story :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

My first post! My story :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Jason

I'll volley right to you. If modern isn't a good change, what would be? We're looking for ideas so if you're thinking of something please feel free to tell us!!

A lot of this site is the result of members' ideas. So we really are always open to hearing what's on anyone's mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:41 pm

I personally don't see a problem with a modern section, if you don't like modern then
just pretend it's not there..
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:49 pm

To be honest, I never knew TIG did not have a Modern section, because I never sought it out... I don't see how it would cause a problem, unless of course, modern questions and threads start getting posted in the vintage area, like it did on RS..... Then the vintage collectors get mad.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Just let it go, don't look back at the ruins of the past, as there is no glory to be obtained.

Instead focus on your next mission, and make it a mutual success!!

Thanks! Look forward to being a part of the community. And if I do something wrong, post something at the wrong place, please let me know so I can correct it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
Part of this forums charm and appeal is that we DON'T have to deal with the modern consumers....err collectors, with their tales of Walmart glory, finding the newest wave of mass produced toys, and acting like they've unearthed the kit bashed Fett proto or something. We don't have to deal with them literally arguing over IF they're going to continue to "collect" if Hasbro raises their price $1 (there's a 20+ page thread about that on RS)...fucking ridiculous.

Yes, yes we're all Star Wars fans...the lament from the sidelines screams.... but these forums aren't about how much of a movie fan you are, they're about collecting. So far this forum is about VINTAGE collecting (for the most part), and is better off kept that way IMO.

Joe
-self professed Vintage snob.

Jup.....Im totally with Joe here! No for a modern section!

And I do collect some modern stuff.....but heck, Im not interested if I pay 7,99 or 7,49 for a figure.....I just buy it when I like it!

I agree that modern forums talk is 99% ridiculous and boring........there is IMO not even a need to limelight modern production stuff....... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Guess thats a no for a modern section. lol!

Jason, I set up a thread here for what ever members would like to see done or changed here.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4113-times-of-change-are-coming

This goes to all the new members also. If there is something you would like to see done, add it to that thread so we as a team can look into doing what you want.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Truthfully. Who cares if there's a modern section?? The world will still rotate. The food will taste the same. The sun will still rise in the morning. And Vintage Star Wars will still be the same tomorrow as it ever was.
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Jason

I'll volley right to you. If modern isn't a good change, what would be? We're looking for ideas so if you're thinking of something please feel free to tell us!!

A lot of this site is the result of members' ideas. So we really are always open to hearing what's on anyone's mind.

Here are some ideas.

1. Bootleg Section: I have always been intrigued about bootlegs and find them very cool. Thankfully, no Vintage Jawa bootlegs were made.

2. Pre-production section: This is a way to bridge modern and vintage. From first shots to mock-ups to unproduced..

3. The one change that is coming, are more RS people coming over here. Little by little, Phil's way is pissing some people off..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:12 am

sith jawa wrote:
2. Pre-production section: This is a way to bridge modern and vintage. From first shots to mock-ups to unproduced..

I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:42 am

We already got a pre-production and bootleg threads up and running and full of info. Just like the two modern threads in the off topic section, we can just continue to add to those threads what info that surfaces.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:48 am

sith jawa wrote:
Jason

1. Bootleg Section: I have always been intrigued about bootlegs and find them very cool. Thankfully, no Vintage Jawa bootlegs were made.

oh yes there were celebrate

daren
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:45 am

emperorburns wrote:
sith jawa wrote:
Jason

oh yes there were celebrate

daren

??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:56 am

I was thinking maybe the Yupi Jawa? I know it's got an LFL logo but thought it was considered a bootleg. Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:09 am

i'm pretty sure the yupis aren't bootlegs. i always thought they were licensed,but i could be wrong.there is the billiken jawa,but they've only ever surfaced from pablo artesi,so thats enough said about them.there is a bootleg mexican jawa.it's unarticuled but the header on the bag has 1984 printed on it,so i'm pretty sure it's vintage.it has legs as opposed to the moulded cloak the potf2 jawas came with.there also the bootleg potf2 jawas of course.i think thats it for the little guy....as far as i know tongue

daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:30 am

Don't forget about the Mexican/SA Jawa Wink
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:56 am

Off topic, but don't forget, anyone who owns a vintage bootleg Jawa can post their pictures here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3870-the-official-fotm-thread-jawa

I'm sure that many of us would love to see them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Yupi Jawas were licensed, so they are not "technically" bootlegs. Unfortunately, Billiken Jawas were faked. Sucks, because I owned one in the past. The rubber Jawas from Mexico were modern with an old style Header... Though Joe can provide more information, I am fairly sure no Vintage Jawas were produced. I have pictures of my old Jawas and can post them if needed..
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:20 am

the mex jawas i have are hard plastic.one comes twin packed with et or twiki ( i forget which) the other is twin packed with yoda.they are made of the same plastic as several other charcters i have,like a luke bespin with arms up.if steven has a mex/sa then i'm 100% sure thats real.i'll try and get some pics of mine.hopefully steven can get some pics of that mex/sa.i for one would love to see it :Drool:

daren
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:13 pm

What i like the most in this forum is that this is "almost" a vintage forum.I think a "your latest modern purchase" is enough for now as we do collect vintage majorly and the movement in that section is not too high.IMHO a Modern section will be worth if it had +50 entries a day ....BUT if the TIG team thinks that that section will be good for the forum, then go ahead!!! i will post 3 or 4 modern pieces i have got Smile
I do no collect bootlegs(yet) but I would find more interesting an especific bootleg thread for each bootleg line, just my two cents study
cheers
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm

emperorburns wrote:
the mex jawas i have are hard plastic.one comes twin packed with et or twiki ( i forget which) the other is twin packed with yoda.they are made of the same plastic as several other charcters i have,like a luke bespin with arms up.if steven has a mex/sa then i'm 100% sure thats real.i'll try and get some pics of mine.hopefully steven can get some pics of that mex/sa.i for one would love to see it :Drool:

daren

BOTH are news to me.....
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Daren,

Are these the Jawas that you are referring to?

Mexican Rubber Jawas

If so, they are modern.. If not, please post some pictures..
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:10 am

no jason,these aren't the jawas i ment.but these do look cool.i have a walrusman in the same packaging as those 2 jawas.the header is a reproduction of a vintage style header that was made.but this type is smaller and the material used is like money.not cardboard which the original headers are.the jawas i have do not have this blue style header.it's a more colourful type.also the figures themselves are plastic.i think they're whte plastic painted brown.i'll have to do some pics asap.but i guess they'll be on the new outer realm section cheers

daren
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:53 am

I guess ultimately we can thank toshimingosith for being such a tool on RS (he's apologized and seems to be doing well here, which is good, the more the merrier) because had I not gotten suspended/banned from RS, the new Outer Realm section and all the fun that is in store with it, may not have happened. Looking forward to seeing those Jawas , Daren (Cringing and happy at the same time that I now have more stuff to look for)

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:15 pm

Joe, just for the record... no reason either should have been banned. That was why I was so upset with their actions, being made fun of for running my own large board with thousands of people, there was no reason to just not issue some kind of warning in a private message. Would have stopped everything in it's tracks. Instead it was "insta-ban'.

But hopefully you know the kind of person I am, I was just in a bad mood that day and the right nerve was hit Smile

Thankfully, it let me find this board and allowed me to apologize.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:27 pm

TishomingoSith you have to go to this thread http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2920-pleased-to-meet-youwon-t-you-guess-my-name-what-s-your-name-mean and tell us the story behind you screen name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first post! My story :)   My first post! My story :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first post! My story :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next