The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:17 pm

That Don Post mask is well cool James cheers Great work man cheers
HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 Granpa_zps37696d6a

Last edited by Nico on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:26 pm

TICK TOCK... TICK TOCK, James! tongue

Nice Grandpa, man! Only question is... with all your cool nods to the classics, do the kids get it or are you out to scare the crap out of the parents! Twisted Evil haha

Nicely done man... video! video! haha.... I really can't wrap my mind around the scope of your setup man.
As a kid I'd either avoid or run towards it... depending on my precise age of course Wink Razz

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:58 am

Grandpa Sawyer rocks cheers  Kudos for making his body from scratch! I actually thought it was a mannequin at first. Can't imagine how much work you put into all that, including hunting down his costume and the mask re-design!
You should really take him for a stroll in his chair down the street Razz  (and ask Mrs Chickenshack to video it!)
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 9:06 am

Excellent work James. cheers Things are looking great. Hopefully the weather stays good for you!

The weather forecast for Southern Ontario for the trick or treater's on Halloween night is snow fluries. What can be scarier than that? affraid
Nothing like putting snow suits under the costumes.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:20 am

James you are a true Haloween prop master. Some skills, dude! :clap: :clap:

So cool to see Norma Bates showing up in your inventory, next year you should transform your whole house into the Bates Motel!

Have fun this year. I am sure you will!

BTW: If you can do squirrels, can you do Eowks as well?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 8:17 pm

I was up at the family farm this afternoon to help with some maintenance, and my sister was there visiting as well.
She made some lovely cookies and sent them home with me. I think they are short bread. Very Happy My kids wouldn't eat them. lol! More for me. What a Face

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 Img_2328

Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Happy Haloween guys What a Face

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 11:27 am

Sorry for the delay in updates , I was so busy wrapping up last minute stuff that I just couldn't find enough time for everything Embarassed

Here are a few more things I did ...

a bucket o' guts to sit next to Grandpa ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 10610

a couple more tiki torch ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 10110

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 09610

a candy / poison cart ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 09410

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 09110
(the orange thing was one of 6 little strobe lights that I used Velcro to stick underneath each level to light up the stuff on the trays)

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 09310

I made all the poison bottles by taking random bottles (some old , some not) and adding labels that I printed of ones I found online , colored and stained them , roughed them up to make them look older etc ...

no frogs breath , eye of newt or any other ridiculous shit ... only real poisons would do for me - arsenic , strychnine and so forth Twisted Evil

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 08411

The 2 candles on top are battery powered and the knife fits in the slot on top of the skull in the rear (by the bone push handle I added) .

The skull on the front is a animated one that sings "I ain't got no body" - I hid the trigger inside the mouth of the "knife skull" so that it could be triggered secretly to scare the kids .

Since my wife was planning to dress as the Joker , I was inspired to make the cart as a prop for her ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 00210

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 00710
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 11:49 am

Awesome work James. I hope the weather held out for you. Everything looks great this year. Hopefully you got to scare a lot of people with your props. :clap:
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Awesome work James.  I hope the weather held out for you.  Everything looks great this year.  Hopefully you got to scare a lot of people with your props. :clap:

Thank you Clint cheers

The weather was very good , it cooled down quite a bit Halloween morning and was quite windy . I was worried that it was going to be too windy to light torches but luckily by late afternoon the wind died down Very Happy

We were worried for awhile though because the trick or treaters were slow to come at 1st but at about 7 pm they started rolling in - several people posted about our display on facebook , twitter etc and we finally had a lot of folks come by celebrate  Definitely ended up being our biggest year so far Cool

The highlight to my evening (besides scaring the hell out of people) was when these 2 little boys showed up (probably 7 to 8 years old) . They have come for 4 years straight - the 1st year we scared them really bad but , apparently they became fans shortly thereafter . They had moved across town the 2nd year they came but insisted that their mom bring them to Michael Myers house What a Face  several years later now and they still make their mom bring them ...

This year one of them decided he wanted a high five at 1st from Jason (me) but then said he wanted a hug - so he hugged me around my knees and I bent down and gave him a big hug Very Happy

It made us feel good that we have been able to turn 2 little frightened boys into diehard Halloween fans after a couple years What a Face
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Great work James, glad it was a success. Keep up this momentum and it'll be even bigger next year cyclops You should ask the local news / newspaper to do a feature next year.
Mrs Chickenshack's costume and makeup is really cool btw. And did people like the CPR dummy?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:28 am

Nice to read that you and Julie had a great time at Halloween this year.  Very Happy
Great story about the little boys too, that must have been quite a view, a small boy hugging Jason.

Kudos to the Missus, the make-up must have taken her a while.

And maybe follow Paul's advice to try to involve some local media for your fantastic props, next year.

Cheers bro
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:12 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Great work James, glad it was a success. Keep up this momentum and it'll be even bigger next year cyclops You should ask the local news / newspaper to do a feature next year.
Mrs Chickenshack's costume and makeup is really cool btw. And did people like the CPR dummy?  

Thank You Paul cheers

The cpr dummy went over well but I didn't get as much done to it as I wanted to unfortunately . I want to make it a bit more anatomically correct and add a moving "chest burster" for a additional scare Twisted Evil

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 05710

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 06510

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 07310

here's what he looked like after dark with my Halloween lighting ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 76310

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 76510

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 76710
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:19 am

Marco J wrote:
Nice to read that you and Julie had a great time at Halloween this year.  Very Happy
Great story about the little boys too, that must have been quite a view, a small boy hugging Jason.

Kudos to the Missus, the make-up must have taken her a while.

And maybe follow Paul's advice to try to involve some local media for your fantastic props, next year.

Cheers bro

Thanks Marco cheers

yes , we had a blast What a Face   It's cool that my wife enjoys it as much as I do (almost :cool laugh: ) .

Here are some dolls she made this year :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 09510

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 09810

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 10210

They all started out as regular old baby dolls Wink
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:50 pm

BTW I did shoot some videos and will post them as soon as I figure out how to post a personal video . All I know how to do at this point is post youtube videos here at TIG .

Would I need to put my videos on youtube to post here :scratch:

I wasn't real crazy about my videos anyway - spent most of the day after Halloween trying to shoot them and still wasn't happy .

I also took some photos that show the layout as good as a video does ...

Daytime :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 02110

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 02910

Nighttime :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 71310

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 71510

As you can see we don't have much room to work with , basically our front yard , driveway and carport / porch area . The layout should be easy to see now (I hope) What a Face
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Left side of driveway :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 71910

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 73610

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 74110

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 74210

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 74510

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 74810

Right side of driveway :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 73110

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 73510
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Awesome James, just Awesome man cheers:clap:

Great to hear about to two young fans as well bro  cheers
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:00 pm

It's a pleasure to see your completed display James. :clap:

I'm glad you had a great time and all your hard work was well received! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Thank you Andy and Steve cheers

here's a little more of what stuff looks like at night ...

Left side of Carport / Porch :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 75110

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 75410

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 75510

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 75810

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 75910

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 76110

Right side of Carport / Porch :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 74910

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 77410

Under the CPR dummy ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 77010

I just threw a couple last minute displays under the table but I have a couple slightly more elaborate ideas for displays in mind for next year Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Does next years idea's include the Rancor? Razz
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Does next years idea's include the Rancor? Razz

yes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grant
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:39 am

Awesome stuff.... I'd shudder to think what our neighbours would say if anyone went to that extent round these parts LOL. Theyd probably call the cops saying there is a madman around. Quality set up tho. alien
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 12:44 pm

Hey James,
I thought your wife's Joker make up and green wig was excellent as well mate cheers
She really looks the part :clap:
HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 00210
Looking forward to next years Halloween already bro cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks Andy cheers

The hair is actually hers and not a wig - she just used green hairspray to color her hair Very Happy

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 01110

We both loved Heath Ledger as the Joker - he stole the movie Twisted Evil

In general I am not a huge Batman fan (or any DC comic) - I am more of a Marvel comics and independent comic fanboy What a Face

Julie did look awesome as the Joker though cheers
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Julie certainly did look great as the Joker James cheers

And I totally agree man, Heath Ledger made that film with his performance  cheers  Superb actor  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next