The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 pm

No words to describe this masterpiece!!!!!:clap: :Drool: king Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Thank you all for the comments Very Happy 

I just updated some pictures:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#19july2013

I decided to give the ship more lenght. In my opinion it looked way too stubby even for a toy. So I added 7,5 centimeters to the middle part and I think it looks way better now. Measurements are off I agree but without some changes Jabba wouldn't have fit inside.

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_154
Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_155

Finally all windows are done...finally. I cannot tell you how happy I am right now because making all those windows was pure pain. Some facts (because I had fun counting those today):
It is 5 windows on the deck, 14 on the upper level and 28 on the level below, makes 47 windows with slits in total. 24 are fully movable.
To make those I needed to drill 938 holes, making 938 cuts and the needed to file and sand....and file and sand 469 slits.....it was really hard work.

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_103.jpg
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_104.jpg

I even found a way to improve the stability (was thinking long about this because it was already waaay too late as I noticed): high-grade steel wires glued to the windows. It is small enough to be not that distracting and it helps the windows not to bend while opening....or even worse: break into pieces. The construction of the windows is very thin (1,5 mm thick on the outside and the frame is about 1,5-2mm wide) and all the slits make it very instable.

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_153
Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_156

...and now a beer for me...or make it two...cheers
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Shocked 
As always Wolf, awesome!!!

I can't imagine the patience it must take to do this (and of course MAD SKILLS! Smile).

Thanks for sharing!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 am

Thank you very much!! Cool 

UPDATE:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#22july2013

I added the paneling of the hull over the weekend. Gives much to the look IMO.
The paneling and railing of the upper level has to wait. Next up is building the undersurface. Therefore I need to rotated the whole ship to work on it and want to preserve the deck from damage, thats why the whole deck has to wait.

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_157

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_158

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_159

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_161

Okay the door may be too complicated....therefore I hope it beeing nearly "invisble". Very Happy

Thanks for looking

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:07 am

Wolf, stunning work mate cheers
The thin steel wires on inside of windows was a great idea, and will save you many problems in the future, just great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Amazing stuff wolff, its really coming together now. I love the detailing in the throne room and the decision to make most of the windows movable must have been a real labour of love Very Happy The extra length to the mid section has made the whole thing look even more like a film worthy model prop rather than a Kenner toy. Outsanding work as usual mate cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Great craftmanship with love for all details!! Very Happy 

WOW, making 938 small cuts for the windows! bow bow bow 

Thanks for the update, Wolff!!

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:48 am

Yup, still looking good smoke 
You should be casting parts and selling this as a kit. Would slay it. Could get someone to laser cut all the panels etc. People would just have to make the skin themselves...following your instructions of course. I'd buy a set. What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:54 am

Josh wrote:
Yup, still looking good smoke 
You should be casting parts and selling this as a kit. Would slay it. Could get someone to laser cut all the panels etc. People would just have to make the skin themselves...following your instructions of course. I'd buy a set. What a Face 

I was about to say the same. A casted set would rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 am

Thank you again for the nice words!!

chris.75 wrote:
Amazing stuff wolff, its really coming together now. I love the detailing in the throne room and the decision to make most of the windows movable must have been a real labour of love Very Happy The extra length to the mid section has made the whole thing look even more like a film worthy model prop rather than a Kenner toy. Outsanding work as usual mate cheers cheers cheers

Thank you chris. Glad all the effort its noticed....even though I really do accent them....LOL.

@Josh: I will finish this first...then lets see what we can do with maybe doing a cast or sth like that Wink. Thanks for the kudos!

Here is an update on the engines:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#01august2013

Finally finished the "engines" I started long ago (see here: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_084.jpg)
I needed to buy a model kit (Tank) for the details first. I also added some light. A few "cables" and "wires" will follow later.

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_162

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_164

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_167

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_169

Now on with the undersurface.....
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:28 pm

The engines lighting and little bits'n'pieces look outstanding.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 am

Wolff is this thing ready to debut yet? It looks awesome already, just was wondering if it is finished up?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:50 am

How is it coming on Wolff? I think we're overdue for an update. Wink 
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 am

Hi Wolff, I have always admired your fine attention to detail and patience but this is way beyond what I would have imagined..... simply wonderful!!!

Carlos
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Wolff, I will call you "Golden Hands" from now on! you don't deserve any other name! CONGRATS. So beautiful I amost cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 8:32 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
How is it coming on Wolff? I think we're overdue for an update. Wink 
Hahaha...yeah it is about time I know...but life came in the way..Razz 

I made some "little" progress, but nothing worth to picture yet. The landing rear in the making, the wings in the making and the whole bottom in the making... a difficult process without any time left Sad

llseeker wrote:
Hi Wolff, I have always admired your fine attention to detail and patience but this is way beyond what I would have imagined..... simply wonderful!!!

Carlos
Thank you Carlos!! Very Happy

Jedi Blueberry wrote:
Wolff, I will call you "Golden Hands" from now on! you don't deserve any other name! CONGRATS. So beautiful I amost cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Golden hands?? Sounds like I am "Si....3Po"...LOL Very Happy

Thanks for the kudos!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Hey Wolff, glad your well buddy Very Happy  Was beginning to think you'd abandonned the Khetanna. Get cracking because soon your gonna have even less time to play!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 pm

General Kahn wrote:
...... you'd abandonned the Khetanna.
NEVER!!!!! (screamed in a Cartman voice Wink )

General Kahn wrote:
...Get cracking because soon your gonna have even less time to play!
Don't push me buddy!!!! Razz Razz Razz 

I know, I know......thats why I said from the beginning: earliest finishing date will be 2015! I doubt that by know...but promise I will never quit till it's finished! For proof: I bought some airbrush accessories: pistol, colors, compressor etc....just for that barge!!! Shocked What a Face 

How is your ship coming along Alex?? (*cough* trying to get the focus elsewhere *cough*) lol! 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:15 pm

wbobafett wrote:
How is your ship coming along Alex??
....... Embarassed  ....Anyway, enough about mine, these airbrushes sound nice Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 

........are you excited??....

lol! lol! lol! 

Here it is.....ELEVEN MONTH ago was the last update!  Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Time is running...eh???

I worked on the wings from time to time. Not yet finsihed, but here is some work in progress pictures. The last pictures shows the unfinished hanging together with the beginning mechanical solution to make them movable.

Update:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#05july2014

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_170

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_171

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_172

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_173

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_174

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_175

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 Khetanna_176

Last edited by wbobafett on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 pm

cheers 

Great update, Wolff!!!!!!
Great to see the progress and to know that you still somehow manage to find the time to work on this!

Very nice!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 pm

psybertech wrote:
cheers 

Great update, Wolff!!!!!!
Great to see the progress and to know that you still somehow manage to find the time to work on this!

Very nice!

cheers!
Very Happy

Without you beeing there for me today....who knows?? Maybe I would have smashed the whole thing...

Cheers Jay and THANKS A LOT!!

For all others: The website was totally scrambled today...I needed 5 or 6 hours to fix it, but if not...Jay would have been there...ready to help me....great guy!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway...I missed the game....LOL....who won?? (edit: LOL....know it now!...Clipper is out!)

Last edited by wbobafett on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:48 pm

cheers 

I was beginning to think that the Khetanna was lost in the Dune Sea somewhere!

Great update Wolff  :clap: 

Glad you're still working on it  Very Happy  I hope you storing it above ground level..... is Laura walking yet?  Razz 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks for the update Wolff! After all the effort that has gone into this model it's good to know you haven't abandoned it.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:13 pm

:clap:  Great to see some more progress. It's looking fantastic. bow 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next