The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Great work, Wolff!!  :clap:

Already thought about where to place the COO? Cool

Nice!

Twenty years from now this is going to turn up in a car boot sale in Southern Germany with the COO scarred out and a load of next generation nerds are going to spend a life time trying to figure out why?

Men, we are living the dream right here!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks guys!! Much appreciated!!

Dr Dengar wrote:

...Already thought about where to place the COO? Cool...

lol! lol! lol!. It will be a "Made in Germany".....that will confuse even more!!! Laughing

Aussie Fortuna wrote:
I just saw a custom sail barge on sale with a BIN of $4000 on the CBI or CIB ebay site.....

Yup...it is the one James posted a picture of! I saw another one sold for 5k years ago, so the BIN price isnt that far off IMO.

And I have to say the dimensions of the ebay one are bigger (1,60m) and therefore the proportionen are better...but lets see what I can fix Wink

General Kahn wrote:

......That little Klaatu is just so creative and skilled, I'm so glad you've been documenting his work.

lol!lol!

Yeah...he is a very skilled little Klaatu. I wait till he has finished the job....then kill him and claim it mine! So...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Razz:P:P

chris.75 wrote:
......the way you've constructed the stairs is superb (must have been fiddly) ....

Not as fiddly as the pillars (see the part i pictured with a pencil....and then compare to the pic above with the pillars and the same part that is compared to a pencil. The pillars are mostly made out of very thin and tiny parts...veeeery fiddly)
...Or making the inner wall parts of the windows Mad

Razz

Commander Clint wrote:
Hope you are documenting all the steps on how to build it. Because all the kids on the block are going to want one now. It looks great.cheers

I do my best!!! Who is next??? :cool laugh:

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:00 am

I just saw this. It looks awesome! The best sailbarge I have seen!
Cant wait to see the next update Smile keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:40 am

Thanks! Very Happy

Update:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#28june2013

This time: Some of the artwork on the barge! I plan to get two pieces in there:
1. The Jabba sculpture/relief
2. The Rancor statue

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Bragea10

I never used Fimo before (okay...as a child maybe), but I am happy with it for now. Still a long way to go on the Rancor...and I know that the physiognomie is not really accurate but it does the job for me Very Happy(First time I try sth like this.....sculpting is really hard work...wow....)

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_133
Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_134

Stupid me.....I forgot the money bag in his hand....DOHHHHHHH!

Rancor Statue (WIP)
Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_135
Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_136

Hope you like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:32 am

that rancor head reminds me of candy floss lol! 

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Candy_blacked_out%5B1%5D
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 am

Looks great Smile Btw there is a material called green stuff, it's sold by games workshop. They also have a liquid that you paint on and it hardens. I haven't used the liquid. I usually use the green stuff before making a silicon mold. It works pretty well Smile maybe a tip or you already knew about it.
You certainly have modeling skills. It's looking great!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 pm

2 x WOW!

1 for the fact I've never even noticed the Jabba Relief! and 2 for the awesome job you've done!
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Wolf,
It's a pleasure to see your work develop mate, you should be working for Master Replicas cheers
Your eye for detail is amazing cheers
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Very cool Sir. Was this finished and put on the bay? There is a sweet one on there for sale right now.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Wolff, this looks too large for your billy cabinets, just go ahead and pack it up and send it to me. lol! 

Great work on the jabba relief ( I had never noticed that before) and the rancor head is awesome (never noticed that either actually)

You have an amazing eye for detail. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Jetson
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jetson

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Wolff this is a truly great model you have going! I cannot believe I never saw the Jabba relief and the Rancor head before. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.saratogarenter.com
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:16 am

WOWWWWW!!!!!!
The small details are amazing.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Thank you again guys!!! Very Happy

UPDATE:

The Interieur in the making. I really underestimated this time eating job. Gargoyles there, a Rancor statue here, paneling all over, pillows for the throne and carvings on Jabba's "armthing"....etc
Problems all over:
-The armthing was already glued to the throne when I decided to give it some cravings and the "Hutt symbol". I tried to remove it and it broke into several pieces. Now I have to carve the symbols while it is glued to the throne. Not so easy and the material is not really ideal.
- The pillows were finsihed and the glued to the throne. I the noticed that Jabba doesnt fit in there anymore because of the ceiling. So I had to sculpt those again while they are glued to the throne. Same material...not really ideal.
- The Rancor got several cracks because I obviously had him too often in the oven. Not sure if I try to go on or stop at this point before it is getting dust ?!?!?! Anyway...the alcohol tip worked. Thanks!

More pictures:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#03july2013

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_137

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_139

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_140

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_142

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_141

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_143

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_144

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_145

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_146

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_147

I really hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Absolutely awesome Wolff, and now I too can feel your pain! I've begun some early designs for my ship and a miniture cardboard mock-up, I've just started working the final correct scale cardboard and it's draining me mentally plotting all the angles and things :scratch: 

But I am trying to do one bit every day no matter how small and slowly but surely it will hopefully prevail!

Backto you though, it really is great and a pleasure to watch the whole building process (more so because I'm stealin.... BORROWING some of your techniques Wink  )

Keep up the good work chief!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Shocked affraid jawdrop :buzzing: 

dude , I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said by everyone else ... This project and your skills are simply fracking amazing bow 

I am beyond impressed cheers 

now get your ass back to work - were anxious to see more indy 

lol!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Not much to add that already has been said before.
Simply awesome!!!!! cheers bow 

Love the progress and appreciate you showing it all the ways rather than just popping in one day showing a final product! Seeing it from start to finish is very, very cool!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 1:24 am

Thank you all!!!

Time to make some responses on your questions and comments. Sorry for delay on some...as you can see I am busy as hell Razz 

Rawlin wrote:
Looks great :)Btw there is a material called green stuff, it's sold by games workshop. They also have a liquid that you paint on and it hardens. I haven't used the liquid. I usually use the green stuff before making a silicon mold. It works pretty well :)maybe a tip or you already knew about it.
You certainly have modeling skills. It's looking great!

Thank you for the tip, and no I didn't know it before. I will maybe try the green stuff one day. I am bit afraid that it hardens in time you need to hurry up. I can see the positive aspects when you have more then one stage (cvery soft, soft, a bit hard etc) while making the sculpt...though.

trappedtexan wrote:
...Wolff, this looks too large for your billy cabinets, just go ahead and pack it up and send it to me. : ....

Hmmm...I guess shipping will be around 5-10k Laughing Laughing tongue 

Wink

General Kahn wrote:
Absolutely awesome Wolff, and now I too can feel your pain! I've begun some early designs for my ship and a miniture cardboard mock-up, I've just started working the final correct scale cardboard and it's draining me mentally plotting all the angles and things :scratch:

Hahahhaaaa....yeah...pretty complicated isnt it?? I guess we want to see some pics as soon if you are ready!!! Very Happy:D
Good luck and keep on "solving" and "thinking" lol! 

psybertech wrote:
Love the progress and appreciate you showing it all the ways rather than just popping in one day showing a final product! Seeing it from start to finish is very, very cool!...

Great...that was the aim and I'm happy you like it! Very Happy 

ourchickenshack wrote:
.....now get your ass back to work - were anxious to see more indy

Aye !:run2:
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:11 pm

This IS beyond impressive. Love seeing your models and dio's come to life. Inspirational stuff, Wolff. cheers 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:10 am

Thank you Josh!! Very Happy 

Update:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#05july2013

First time all three parts (actually it is five parts) are screwed together. It doesnt fit 100% yet but I guess these smaller problems can be solved easily. And happy me: The windows are nearly done now! Only seven windows left from 42 in total (I am talking from the windows with the slits only...making them is pure pain...LOL).

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_149

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_150

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_151

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 Khetanna_152

Hope you like it. Have a great weekend! Wink

Last edited by wbobafett on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 am

It's looking great. You are doing a amazing job.cheers 
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:41 am

It feels like the movie when looking at the last picture Smile looking great! Did you break one of the bars at the front? :S
Back to top Go down
electricdragon
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
electricdragon

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 am

The broken bars are movie-accurate details:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18o699zvagfn9jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Nice update, Wolf!

Last edited by electricdragon on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://david-hilf-illustration.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:46 am

Your right :Pfunny I didn't see that until now. Wonder what the story of that bar is.

edit: my god there are more of them!
Back to top Go down
electricdragon
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
electricdragon

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:48 am

I didnt see any of the ships details before he started customizing the hell out of it. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://david-hilf-illustration.com
dragonula
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
dragonula

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 am

WOW! This is really impressive. Great Job!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom    Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next