The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:22 am

olisuds wrote:
I didnt want to get involved in this thread again but since we are talking about pre-production now it has piqued my interest. This is just my opinion and I dont wish this to escalate into an arguement.

JC its good to see you contributing your knowledge to this thread. Some very interesting information indeed and I always enjoy discussing the pre production side of Star Wars. You are a very experienced collector and you have a great deal of knowledge of the pre production process although I have to say I respectfully disagree with a few things.

I dont believe Spains production was larger than Lili Ledy. It was smaller in comparison and this is evident from the scarcity of PBP and POCH figures in comparison to Lili Ledy. Also Spain had to supplement their production with imported figures from Asia factories which is evident from the large amount of the figures on PBP cards that are not PBP figures.

And if Spain did not have the capacity to make sufficient figures for the Spanish market during the PBP era, combined with the issue of poor quality production, I find it highly unlikely that they had the capability to produce all their figures during the earlier POCH era. Although I agree that it makes little sense for figures to be made in Asia and assembled / painted in Spain. I think more likely all POCH figures were made in Asia. This explains identical mold details to figures widely available in the US and the mixed parts that POCH figures have.

Regardless of weight and cost, molds were certainly shipped overseas. In fact the initial molds were made Stateside and shipped overseas to Asia. I know this because I have pieces in my collection made by the mold makers Stateside before the mold was shipped to Asia. i.e. Bench shots. So I dont see why molds wouldnt be shipped to Mexico or Spain for that matter. Whilst I dont tend to pay much attention to very small discrepencies in COO and copyright markings I think it is evident from identical mold details and COO families with changed/alterated COO markings (No COO raised bars, No COO scar etc) that the same molds were used in different countries and were therefore shipped overseas at some point.

Also I have never heard of molds being made from first shots or even sculpts. It is my understanding that the 3D pantograph would create the steel mold from the hardcopy. If the steel molds had been made directly from first shots the figures would be notably smaller and with less detail. Companies like Palitoy would generally only receive hardcopies, protomolds etc for the purpose of photography and marketing.

I'm sure there will be disagreeing opinions to what I have written. I just hope they can be worded politely. I have little respect for rudeness regardless of someones level of experience or knowledge. I put it down to just language and misenterpretation but suggesting someones opinions are "totally wrong and useless" is a poor way to enter into a conversation. So please even if you disagree, lets keep it polite Smile
Hi Olisuds,

Yes, you were right about First-Shot...They should received HC to avoid shrinking making their molds. Sorry for the confusion.
Now, for the rest, every opinion is respectfull. The only danger is to see these theories taken as fact just because they fit well people's worries... but still un-proven.
Unfortunately, i haven't all the answers. I just can speak about what i know... Rolling Eyes 

JC
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:07 am

Hi JC, Yes I agree it is dangerous to theorise especially when theory is sometimes wrongly assumed to be fact. I think we are all guilty of that though Smile

Like you, I have also had the good fortune to communicate with senior Kenner employees in design and engineering and I know that sometimes the information from one source conflicts with another or perhaps even after 30 years peoples recollection of their own job might not be as accurate and this can lead to misenterpretation. A Kenner Designer or Engineer might be able to give a detailed description of the production process but might be vague on international operations and importing/exporting. A marketing Director may understand these elements better but he may lack the ability to explain the the production process to the same degree. Piecing all this information together from different sources after such a long period of time is extremely difficult and leaves a lot of this open to misenterpretation.

In the 1980's Spain was an economically poor country and their manufacturing techniques were not advanced. The only reason some production took place in Spain was because of cheap labour. They would have required great guidance in setting up anything as advanced as a plastic injection operation and putting in place the required quality control standards let alone have the capability to produce their own steel molds. Neither did Mexico or Brazil. I would say perhaps only Japan did.

Yes Steel molds are very heavy and it would have been costly to ship and transport them across the world. However creating new steel molds requires a great deal of engineering expertise and is also very costly.

PBP figures have NO COO scars and POCH figures have Made in Hong Kong because the molds originated elsewhere. A new steel mold created from a hardcopy would have no COO or copyright markings.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:33 pm

I was typing this during the day, in between meetings. I had no time to catch up with the new posts of JC and Oli (great to see you chimed in BTW!). So maybe I will repeat things which already have been addressed. Sure you won’t mind then.

From JC’s previous post I understood that the machines for plastic injection probably harbored a number of steel moulds to produce the figures.  That makes sense as it would increase production capacity, in terms of produced figures per week.
I think it is safe to assume that the moulds in one factory, were copies of each other, in other words belonged to the same mould family. For instance in case of Leia Hoth, all moulds in a certain factory had  either the rough or a smooth emblem. In case of IG-88, a factory had either the moulds with hollow or solid eyes. The question how these mould differences arose in the first place, is an interesting one, which I like to see answered one day (different steel moulds from different hard copies?), but let’s  do so in a preproduction thread (who likes to start?).  

I think it is also safe to assume that the steel mould copies on one production plant received the same type of COO by using local tools. So that means that all steel mould copies within a factory for instance got a three line COO, a two line COO, or a filled in COO (in case the production facility changed). The differences between the individual COOs on these mould copies were very subtle. So e.g. differences between the alignment of ©️ compared to 1980 were common (the hardcore COO hunters know all about them). But you would not expect to see a two line HK COO next to a three line HK COO mould in the same factory.

PLASTIC INJECTION OF EARLY PBP (“POCH”) ’FIGURES: IN SPAIN OR IN ASIA?

Ok, now back to PBP/POCH discussion. Many figures from the early era (“POCH”) have been found with two different HK COOs, from two different mould families.  How can this be explained?

1) In case PBP did plastic injection of these figures, it would mean that they got steel moulds from at least two different factories……
Possible, but not what we have seen in other factories, for instance Lili Ledy, where most figures were derived from just one set of mould copies.

2) Or maybe this can all be explained assuming  that many early PBP (POCH) figures are mixed up figures, made up from PBP produced parts (from COO family A) and imported parts (from a different COO family).  Looking at different paint schemes (POCH and Kenner) appearing combined in one figure, indeed there seems to be hybrid/mixed up figures.

But why PBP needed to import parts from Asia in the first place?  
Was demand exceeding production that fast?  But that seems stange, assuming PBP did have their own fully operational injection station......
...unless there was no such station at that time....

I frankly admit here, I don’t have any proof that the early POCH figures were plastic injected in Asia instead of Spain. Based upon the above I like to think it was this way.
The other way around: Do we have any proof that the figures were plastic injected in Spain? I would welcome any evidence in that direction, and would not mind at all to change my view then,  that’s all part of having an open debate.

Proof can maybe come from a former PBP executive, QC manager,….

Alternatively we could dig a bit deeper into the used steel moulds, or better the COO families which they represent.
TO BE TESTED: IF PBP produced figures in the early period (POCH), it would be logical that they used the exact same steel moulds in the later ear (PBP). Just the same mould but then with the COO removed. No way would they import new steel moulds, especially considering the weight of these heavy things.

So, what seems a good way to test this?
Can we just compare figures from the two eras, POCH vs PBP, and check whether they belong to the same mould family, maybe even for small co-occurring mould defects.  
In case POCH and PBP consequently belong to the same family, it would strengthen the case that PBP did plastic injection from the early start.  
The more often you see that POCH and PBP belong to different families, it hints towards different production facilities, i.e. POCH in Asia, PBP in Spain.

Which figures then?
Just to name a few, which have both POCH as PBP releases. Edit: Off course we have to look at the 'pure' POCH figures here, not the hybrids to get a good comparisson.
- Rebel Commander
- Rebel Soldier
- Bossk
- Chewbacca
- Han Solo
- Luke Bespin (Ground control to major Kahn)

PAINTING EARLY PBP (“POCH”) ’FIGURES: IN SPAIN OR IN ASIA?

With respect to the unique paint apps of early PBP figures. It could be that this was applied in factories in the Far East. But then it must have been done on a Monday after the long weekend before, as the quality is poor compared to Kenner standards. And why using unique colors not seen in other figures?
This makes me think the figures were painted in Spain.

Ok I hope I haven't lost you while reading.

Open for discussion.  Very Happy

Cheers
Marco

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:31 pm

olisuds wrote:
Hi JC,

...In the 1980's Spain was an economically poor country and their manufacturing techniques were not advanced. The only reason some production took place in Spain was because of cheap labour. They would have required great guidance in setting up anything as advanced as a plastic injection operation and putting in place the required quality control standards let alone have the capability to produce their own steel molds. Neither did Mexico or Brazil. I would say perhaps only Japan did.
Hi olisuds,

That's sure communication and infrastructure were not what they are today but the idea that people have of Spain of the 80' is a bit exaggerated. From oficial source numbers, in 1974, Spain was part of the 10 most industrialised countries in the world. At the end of the 70', toy industry was one of the most flourishing industry in spain that exported +60% of its production to other european countries.

And yes, workforce was cheap because life was cheap and Spain wasn't yet in the CEE (not yet 1986), it didn't got CEE obligations that it have today.

Manufacturing techniques were enough advanced to avoid any guidance or advise in plastic injection operation. You just have to look at early "Novedades Poch" and "Borras" catalogues to see what they were able to produce before the SW era... Plastic injection was already in use in the early 70'...

70' wasn't Middle Ages in Spain...Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

olisuds wrote:
PBP figures have NO COO scars and POCH figures have Made in Hong Kong because the molds originated elsewhere. A new steel mold created from a hardcopy would have no COO or copyright markings.
100% agree with you!!!! This will be my next question to PBP's big boss...

JC
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Here is a couple of pics of my two Luke Bespin. One is an "Imperio" 37/41 back and the other a "JEDI" 65 back.
Just let me know your thought...

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Q3wj THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 C6p6THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Vmie THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Mfx0THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Ls0

JC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Impressing MOCs, JC! Some gems you got there.

Is the Luke on the 65 back a version with the raised bar, same as the Ledy version?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:25 pm

First of all, in the case of Bespin Luke, there is three COO families, each has a unique sculpt to the specific COO, the families are as follows:

- HONG KONG (Large)
- HONG KONG (Small)
- MADE IN HONG KONG

Wether or not there were individual molds or one mold containing several figures as was mentioned earlier, the numbers are as follows:

- The HONG KONG (large) molds contained two figures
- The HONG KONG (small) molds contained two figures
- The MADE IN HONG KONG molds contained three figures

The first Bespin Luke pictured, the Poch El Imperio Contraataca 37/41 Back contains a figure from the HONG KONG (Large) family, where the injection molding process took place for this particular figure is unknown, Asia or Spain as the debate is. One thing for certain though is the paint scheme on this specific variation is completely unique to the Poch release. The hair colour, hand colour, even the eye print is unique to the Poch release. The boot colour is the same as other's found elese where, but the way in which it's sprayed, usually quite poorly and with the 'bubbles' is not shared by it's counterparts found else where. My conclusion:

- Injection molded - ??? Anyone's guess Very Happy 
- Painted and therefore assembled also - Spain

The second Bespin Luke pictured, The PBP El Retorno Del Jedi 65 Back Contains a figure from the MADE IN HONG KONG family. This specific figure has the altered mold with the 'Raised Bar' This specific mold can be found with two alterations, the first has HONG KONG filled and smoothed, the second has the raised bar, how this was done and where, I don't know, all I do know is, the raised bar was drilled from the already smoothed mold or a duplicate of it, as the smoothed area can still be seen and also the bar isn't long enough to have fully erased the words HONG KONG but is long enough to accomodate the word CHINA, how ever this was never added, why? I don't know it just wasn't. the mold was drilled but someone obviously decided against stamping them with CHINA. The first versions of this figure where found in MADE IN CHINA baggies, they may have opted for the simpler, identify the Countryof origin on the packaging rather than the figure, again, who knows, plus I've strayed a little here.
The figure on the Retorno card is slightly easier to explain though:

- Injection molded - Mexico
- Painted and assembled - Mexico

The figure on this card like numerous others the, is the Lili Ledy figure, it features all the unique paint applications that the Lili Ledy figures have and is also packed with a Lili Ledy Rebel Blaster and the pale Lili Ledy Lightaber, both of which are unique to Mexican Lili Ledy Bespin Luke figures.
Spain must have imported figures assembled and painted from Mexico.

It should also be noted there is of course the 'other' Poch Bespin Luke, unfortunately no carded examples have yet surfaced. The figure is from the MADE IN HONG KONG family but is unaltered. Like the first one mentioned, the where abouts of the injection molding process for the figure is unclear, but again, the paint scheme is unique to Spain and has several trademark features typical Poch figures.

The other Luke Bespin figures that have turned up on PBP cards and in Spanish childhood collections are the 'dark boots' range of figures, these figures are from the MADE IN HONG KONG family but feature the first 'smoothed' mold alteration. When I say 'dark boots' range I refer to this specific figure having several boot colour variations the main four are:

- Caramel Boots
- Chocolate Boots
- Dark Boots (Painted Hip)
- Dark Boots (Unpainted Hip)

These figures have turned up on later PBP cards and also on Tri-Logo cards and Palitoy cards, the earliest being the Palitoy ROTJ 45 Back C card, where these figures where injection molded again is unclear. Palitoy factory in Asia or Spain? My guess would probably be Asia. Painted and assembled? Again, probably Asia. I do have a couple of figures from this family that feature mixed up limbs and certainly fall into Marco's 'Hybrid' catagory though.

Right my fingers hurt, so I'll finish by saying.... JC don't forget it's Christmas coming up and I've been hankering for a Poch MOC Bespin Luke :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I knew we could count on The Kahn! Very Happy

So the POCH Luke on the 37/41 back belongs to a different mould family compared to the European 'dark boots' Luke Bespins.
Assuming just for a moment that both were produced in Spain, the PBP factory would have to get a new set of steel moulds just to produce the latter one. Whereas the moulds for the POCH Luke would be thrown into a corner...
Seems like a waste of expensive moulds....unless at least one of the Lukes was actually not produced in Spain. Maybe both.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:49 pm

The only Bespin Luke COO mold family that appears to have never turned up in Spain i the HONG KONG (small).

Figures from all three mold familes where used in the U.S. from the word go (ESB 31 Back B) The HONG KONG (Large) was the most common figure to be found in the U.S. It would appear that the HONG KONG (large) figures and MADE IN HONG KONG figures ceased to be used past the ESB 41 Back D cards. The HONG KONG (Small) figures which then became the only figures used (with the possible exception of some early overstock been used up).
The HONG KONG (large) figures in Spain though where/are very rare, that much is certain. They don't turn up often, if ever, even I don't have one! If production of this specific figure was happening in Spain, surely these wouldn't be as rare as they are? If Spain did have these molds for the HONG KONG (Large) figures, it's almost like they only used them to produce a very small number of figures, which seems odd, to say the least.
If these figures where however produced in Asia and painted and assembled in Asia, they where painted with a unique paint scheme only found in Spain.

It's worth mentioning at this point though that the HONG KONG (Large) figures in the U.S. all have yellow hair and sienna boots (a paint scheme unique to the U.S.) then there are the two ginger haired version of the HONG KONG (Large) family, which again, both have unique paint scheme. One of them, the dark ginger version, so far appears to have been unique to Palitoy (Very few carded examples exist so it's difficult to say, but all te one's I have seen have been on Palitoy ESB 45 Back A cards) The other example of the figure, the light ginger haired version is only a recent discovery for me and up until a few days ago, I hadn't seen a carded example of this specific figure. Then one turned up on ebay on a ROTJ Meccano 65 Back card, however one is hardly enough to start calling it a Meccano variation, the point being though, that different paint scheme of the same COO figure seemingly unique to specific country's right? So it could be that Spain is the same... It should be noted though that all the others 'none' Spanish version of this figure have high quality paint applications and the Poch ones have the dodgy, poor quality paint app's. Goes without saying, that this would be an ususal practise?
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 am

this debate was very interesting. Reasonable point of views were showed here.
Now that the post seems a little bit relaxed I want to show you the next figure:

-PBP luke bespin

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Js52
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 D91j
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 8nyx
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Exyo
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Mqgz

I hope you like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasycollectables.es
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

Great figure ackbar, here's my set:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Pbp_lu10

These are the 'caramel' boots Luke's. They have turned up in Spanish childhood collections and I've seen at least one example on a PBP El Imperio Contraataca 37/41 Back C card. It's important to note that these figure could also be found on Tri-Logo cards.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Pbp_lu11

These are the 'chocolate' boots Luke's. Again, these have turned up in Spanish childhood collections, I've not seen a Spanish carded example of this specific variation. It could also be found on Tri-Logo cards and was most common on Palitoy ROTJ 45 Back C cards. The two figures in the middle here both have melt marks on the back and different coloured hands including typical 'Poch' style white left hands, the picture doesn't show it to well though. These definately fall into the Marco's 'hybrid' catagory.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Pbp_lu14

These are the 'dark' boots Luke's and the ones most commonly referred to as 'PBP'. As with the others, these have turned up in numerous Spanish childhood collections, but no Spanish carded examples exist. They could be found on Palitoy and Tri-Logo cards.

Interestingly the first figure in this group has very clear melt marks on his back.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Pbp_lu13
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:52 am

Stunning set you have here Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked General Kahn.

As good as your pictures are your comments. Thanks for sharing.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasycollectables.es
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:17 pm

ackbar100 wrote:
this debate was very interesting. Reasonable point of views were showed here.
Agree with you, I am happy we can have a TIG gentlemen debate here nowadays.
I hope it will continue, as there is no conclusion yet. meeting 

ackbar100 wrote:

Now that the post seems a little bit relaxed I want to show you the next figure:

-PBP luke bespin
Nice figure indeed. Very Happy 

Great that the Kahn entered as well. cheers 
Alex: Do these Luke Bespin figures have this typical PBP smell? That might be another indication that they were produced in Spain.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Alex: Do these Luke Bespin figures have this typical PBP smell? That might be another indication that they were produced in Spain.
Yes, Marco, they all have that plastic, chemical type of smell to some degree, the three 'caramel' boots figures definately have the strongest smell.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
General Kahn wrote:

Yes, Marco, they all have that plastic, chemical type of smell to some degree.
Thanks Alex!  Very Happy
So I put my money on Spanish produced then.

General Kahn wrote:

The three 'caramel' boots figures definately have the strongest smell.
That is maybe a little bit too much information, but at least now we all know where those caramel boots come from.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:00 pm

China COO Lando Bespin with black neck and blue collar (not from Spain):
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 FV_zpsc3645b14

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 BNLBCCOO_zps5d544eb5

Metallic TFP Blaster (from Spain):
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 TFPBV_zps46a4fe3d
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:06 pm

@Greg...what country did the lando come from? UK?
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:21 pm

I found him in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks for posting Greg.

About the Lando. is the neck really black (as in the POCH Lando) or dark brown?
Maybe you have a POCH lando to compare to?

About the metallic TFP gun. Never seen this before.

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:03 am

@Marco/Greg...there are several known examples of Kenner black neck lando's, but none of them have the blue line.

Very interesting it was found in the UK, but then again Spain is a very popular holiday destination for us Brits, so if it was found in a childhood collection maybe this is how it found it's way over here?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:27 am

I remember the UK guy who obtained his childhood Bluestar while being on vacation in Turkey. So everything is possible.

In case we are looking at a true black neck Lando, it would be a first mixed up figure (Class II) using China instead of Hong Kong made limbs.
But again everything is possible.

Greg, did you buy the figure in a lot or was it advertised as a black neck Lando by the seller?
Can you make a high resolution close up of the neck please?
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 pm

It's definitely black, not dark brown.

He wasn't advertised as anything in particular.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 am

Let's do some more research....plastic injection by PBP in the early POCH era, that is the central question in the debate we are having right now....

Maybe the used steel moulds can tell us something.........

BOSSK

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Bossk12

Bossk: POCH (left), PBP produced (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0282_zpsb9fe6ca0

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0283_zps569e7f5d

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0284_zps8161800f

CONCLUSION FOR BOSSK: The POCH and PBP Bossk figures do NOT share the same COO family and thus were derived from different steel moulds.

INTERIM SCORE: Is it possible that POCH and PBP figures were derived from the same set of steel moulds?

YES 0/1
NO  1/1
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:53 am

DENGAR

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Dengar13

Dengar: POCH (left), PBP produced (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0304_zpsf8d438e3

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0305_zps81b86063

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0306_zps793b8559]

CONCLUSION FOR DENGAR: The POCH and PBP Dengar figures DO share the same COO family and thus could be derived from the same set of steel moulds.

INTERIM SCORE: Is it possible that POCH and PBP figures were derived from the same set of steel moulds?

YES 1/2
NO  1/2
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 am

HAN SOLO

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 Han11

Han Solo: POCH (left), PBP produced (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0290_zps5d135d63

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0291_zps22d19bd6

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 IMG_0293_zps8cc50e1d

CONCLUSION FOR HAN SOLO: The POCH and PBP Han Solo figures do NOT share the same COO family (look at the small and big © !) and thus were derived from different steel moulds.

YES 1/3
NO  2/3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next