The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Signature Lines - Please Resize

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 pm

I have to say on the iPhone the mobile version of this site is quite good, the only thing that lets it down for me is that when I touch to read a topic it loads the 1st page and if the topic is 33 pages long I have to scroll through them all to get to the latest post.
As for the pictures in sigs on here I like them, and think it makes the place more vibrant and colorful but yes I could see them being a bit annoying on phones lesser than the iPhone tongue so maybe a size limit is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Well just to give a little insight, we are looking at if we size limit. I'm not 100% sure at this point it's possible

To Kevin's point about the overall software platform for mobiles, it's still in beta. Hopefully the next incarnation will be more easy to work with. We've even spoke of moving to a different BB software system but that decision lies outside our purview
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Gorneesh wrote:
I have to say on the iPhone the mobile version of this site is quite good, the only thing that lets it down for me is that when I touch to read a topic it loads the 1st page and if the topic is 33 pages long I have to scroll through them all to get to the latest post.
As for the pictures in sigs on here I like them, and think it makes the place more vibrant and colorful but yes I could see them being a bit annoying on phones lesser than the iPhone tongue so maybe a size limit is the way to go.

Blackberry operates the same way. Starts you off on page 1 of 33 and you gotta scroll all the way through. The pictures come in fine on my Blackberry as well but it means more scrolling, scrolling, scrolling......
I understand how an iPhone user would be more concerned about visuals and presentation over functionality tongue Haha, I'm writing this on my iPad. I'm in awe of both technologies and only support RIM so much because I have quite a few friends that work there, am alumni with Jim Balsillie, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Signature Lines - Please Resize

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3