The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Signature Lines - Please Resize

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Mete and everyone,

Again you can go to the mobile version of the site but it's a read only right now. Forumotion (the software) is working on a full blown version.

But here's how it looks when you're reading it:

Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 Forum10
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Sweet John, I will be sure to use it! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:20 pm

I really dislike big signatures. I find them very annoying. However if the mods think it's fine then I will have to come to terms with it. So I would vote YES for keeping the signatures at a minimum.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:40 pm

I have asked an admin, who seemed to think mine was not to big...but, if it is making it difficult for others too read, I am happy to remove it.
Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 pm

For me personally, your sig is fine, Josh! If the sig gets so big that Paul has then I find it a bit annoying. But like I said, if mods think it's OK then I'll just have to let it go.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:51 pm

No probs mate. Cool

Looking at my last post....it doesn't read to well.

"I have asked an admin, whom seemed to think mine was not to big" Embarassed

Glad we were talking about sig's lol!
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Josh wrote:
No probs mate. Cool

Looking at my last post....it doesn't read to well.

"I have asked an admin, whom seemed to think mine was not to big" Embarassed

Glad we were talking about sig's lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Update: Guys, for those of you with a signature (whether it's a pic or a link or just some text) you may notice we have now added a standard 'line separation' above your sig space.

We're just having an experiment atm with the different line breaks available.

Some of you have made your own line breaks - you can now delete these if you like by going into your profile - edit signature -

cheers!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Yzerman wrote:
If the sig gets so big that Paul has then I find it a bit annoying.

If you think the sig I have now is big. You should see what it used to be like. If this crap keeps up and my name keeps getting dropped I can make it big ass agian. The everyone can really have something to whine and bitch and cry about.

So I'm asking right now to John. Becasue his is the only opinion I'll go by, since he's the Head Stoncutter Wink . So Johnno is my sig as it stands right now "TOO BIG"? If not then everyone else kindly move along and go bug someone else.
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:01 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Yzerman wrote:
If the sig gets so big that Paul has then I find it a bit annoying.

If you think the sig I have now is big. You should see what it used to be like. If this crap keeps up and my name keeps getting dropped I can make it big ass agian. The everyone can really have something to whine and bitch and cry about.

So I'm asking right now to John. Becasue his is the only opinion I'll go by, since he's the Head Stoncutter Wink . So Johnno is my sig as it stands right now "TOO BIG"? If not then everyone else kindly move along and go bug someone else.

lol!

I don't want to create a situation out of nothing. It's just my personal opinion. I would prefer to not have big signatures, but if the mods say it's OK then it's fine by me.

BTW I remember your old sig and you have made the new one a lot smaller. So it's going in the right direction Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Paul , since you are asking me directly I'll answer, since I robbed gamefish of their site.....

As an Admin your current signature size is sized well enough that the formatting issue on a mobile is pretty much taken care of. When someone increase the text to read, your pictures will stack up over each other so the scrolling is still tight. I'd like it to be smaller to make it so a smaller screen (tablet PC, Smartphone, Netbook) doesn't need as much side to side scrolling, but hey it's not such a big deal that I'd force it upon the site.

As a member of the board, I have to be honest and say that multiple signature pics are a little bit of a pain. I had three in my old signature if you remember. I deleted them when people said it was an annoyance but only because I wasn't that attached to them. Now that I don't have them , I see the other side of it.

To those with pics, if you really like them and they're sized right then you're fine. It's a sign of individuality and I fully embrace the idea of letting people express themselves. Keep in mind some others won't like but at least respect that.

Those those without, it's a few pics. It's not the end of the world. The message above about respecting still stands. To quote a stormtrooper "Go about your business, move along" lol!

Last point - Although Tommy mentioned Paul's pic, it was just an example and not personal. I don't want this to escalate under the auspice of a personal attack.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Still think you should make them all the same size. Would look way better IMO.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I know it wasn't personal on Tommys part. I was just using the quote as an example. I'm not attached to my sig pics but I like having something unique in my posts. I personally find sites where there's nothing to personalize your space to be annoying, simply because I find it boring to look at. Sterile and bland drives me just as nuts as big bold pics and avatars drives some others. I also admit I don't have any sort of mobile device, so I freely admit I have no clue of the "problems" sig pics cause for those that have them.

But a question just occured to me as I was going to send this. What about big pics someone posts in the new pickups thread? Don't they cause issues with someones view too?? Like I said I don't have an IpadmobiletableKindletwhatchamacallit, so I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Josh wrote:

Yeah, good idea, Josh Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Josh wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh, think if they were sized all the same it would look better? Didnt catch that the first 30 times. lol! Just fucking with you, mate.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Josh wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh , make THIS your sig line. You, quoting you, and being seconded by you lol!

@Paul - Pics embedded in threads absolutely do the same thing. The difference , as you already probably will guess, is that they're usually on topic stuff related to why you're in the thread. So people give it a pass, rightfully so. Signature line obviously don't.

As for a size limitation, Chris is working on seeing if we can make that happen.

For know, just watch this ........

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 am

Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 Willy-wonka-wilder
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 am

lol! about that Coca Cola commercial.

The song is in my head the whole morning now, please help me get it out, I feel extremely softy now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:30 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
lol! about that Coca Cola commercial.

The song is in my head the whole morning now, please help me get it out, I feel extremely softy now. Very Happy

Marco, what you have is a bad case of vintage Coca Cola commercialitis!!!

What you need is some therapy... try replacing that Coke song with an update - one that's even catchier !!!!!!!

We are prescribing you this cool DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist remix .... take three times a day following a meal. Do not operate heavy machinery! And do not take if you are pregnant!

https://youtu.be/HugNVdtkK8Q

There, that's better isn't it? cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:13 am

Yeahhhhhh!

That helps a lot, thanks Paul! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:21 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
please help me get it out, I feel extremely softy now. Very Happy

So what exactly are you talking about here anyway??? Sounds like a private matter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:26 am

LOL, good one, Paul!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 am

Damn, that Coke song will be in my head the whole fricking day.. Back on topic, I use the K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid ) approach to signatures.. Of course, that is my opinion.

Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:37 am

Oh and yeah. My brain is starting to bleed from the Coke song playing over and over and over and over............
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 pm

I was out and about this weekend and tried to jump on here on my Blackberry again.

It really is a disaster. The mobile version isn't really user friendly at all and when you go in classic view you end up having to scroll through pages of pics if someone has more than one pic as a signature. One pic isn't bad but once you go into multiples it gets to be very tedious. I ended up trying to go through one thread, shut it down and moved on.

If people don't want to change I can respect that. I think the best option would be if each user could turn signatures on or off. If that isn't an option, I don't like doing this, but can I add people to an ignore list so I can actually use the site when I'm away from my computer/Playbook (hey, I'm Canadian, go RIM!) have some time to kill? Is that what the foe list is?

/dead horse beat down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Lines - Please Resize   Signature Lines - Please Resize - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Signature Lines - Please Resize

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next