The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! Empty
PostSubject: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm

was doing my daily rounds on ebay checking for figures and i saw a caption that caught my eye...

i went into the auction and the guy claim that he had a rare variant of a stormtrooper with a number under his foot and he had a pic to boot ( pardon the pun )

i have never read or seen anything as such before.... is he bluffing?

anyone heard of this before? kinda strange to me....
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Is it a molded number or hand written number? There are some pre production figures with numbers hand written on them but far more figures with children's markings on them, initials of their name etc. There was some discussion of molded numbers on Biker Scout legs if I remember correctly- I can't seem to find the thread Embarassed
EDIT:
7 & 4
Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! SDC12022

Last edited by aussiejames on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 pm

molded, raised like the coo's, it says honk kong 1977 on the leg as usual, guy claims it is a early release stormie.

under one foot it looks like it has an 3/4 of an inverted 2 at the corner of his feet and a little bit of another number ( which one i cant tell too little to tell. ) on the other feet.

I do not know what it is....mold mistake? first shot? or something else completely....

i have saved the pics and URL of this sale...
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:42 pm

budspencer wrote:
molded, raised like the coo's, it says honk kong 1977 on the leg as usual, guy claims it is a early release stormie.

under one foot it looks like it has an 3/4 of an inverted 2 at the corner of his feet and a little bit of another number ( which one i cant tell too little to tell. ) on the other feet.

I do not know what it is....mold mistake? first shot? or something else completely....

i have saved the pics and URL of this sale...

Post up some pics! I'm actually rather curious to see that! I've never heard of raised numbers on the bottom of feet before.

I do hesitate to say it's pre production as well. Especially without provenance to back it up. Usually first shots are totally unmarked (COO, dates etc). But please post some pics! It sounds intriguing for sure.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:38 am

Took awhile, but I found it. Could it be a mold number or something like that? I never seen something like that before.

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! Stormi10
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:25 am

I found one, excuse my usual shit pictures:
Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! SDC12024

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! SDC12025
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:58 am

It looks like the same marks as the one in the auction, AJ. Too bad none of the original molds are out there. Love to see if those marks are in them like that.

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:18 am

Chris_J wrote:
Took awhile, but I found it. Could it be a mold number or something like that? I never seen something like that before.

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! Stormi10

yep thats it, i did not want to bait anyone, but i did not know if you can post any ebay links here...i posted some on rebelscum and got blasted for it. but this is it....

wonder what this is all about now.... rare variant, goofy mistake? or else.... or just the shoes size he wears Razz
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 am

No problem. If you see another weird auction like this, just enlarge the pix and save it like I did to your computer. Then just post the pix from it. Curiosity got the better of me and I had to look. Laughing Yhea, on RS they are real touchy on linking auctions like that.

As for what it is, Id like to know myself. The only time I seen a number on the bottom of the feet like that was in pen where a kid put it on them or their initals or if it was a proto. I havent seen any in hand of where it was molded to the figure like this one.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:33 am

Found it!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1038544/

Turns out its like we thought, possible mold cavity number.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:46 am

Very cool little oddity! Smile

I agree with what Chris said above. It's probably a mold cavity number. Similar to the letters on the hilt of DT sabers, etc.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 am

Interesting... Never seen that before but it seems the numbers on the feet are the same when this occurs. Always something new popping up.

Good research Chris. Not even going to ask how long it took you to search that on RS...
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:15 am

Sith Noob wrote:
Good research Chris. Not even going to ask how long it took you to search that on RS...

Actually not long. I typed in either numbers on feet or mold numbers and that was the first thread to pop up. Miracles do happen every now and then on RS. lol! Its just that you have to do an advanced search on there now to find anything. Its worse than it use to be.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Hey guys,
I asked about these on RS some time ago - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1045181/

The two I have both are #23 it would be interesting to see if other number combinations existed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Your thread was where I got the one I linked because it had the most info in it. Like you, Id like to see what other combos is out there like that and what figures have them. I never really paid attention to that being there before, so I never looked at the ones I had.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:38 pm

what would be nice to know is if this is an indication of time it was made or specific to a coo....
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 pm

So far its looking like the 3 line HK COO is what most are, but thats just going by what we know of so far. But until more come out of the woods works, we wont know until they do if it is specific to that COO. As for time frame, thats most likely going to be alot harder to nail down. Until there is some concrete providence on it, I dont even want to try to guess at it.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 am

I have 3 or 4 Lili Ledy Biker scouts and there is no. on all the feets, but I have only seen it on Lili Ledy.

About the stormtrooper I also have some stormtroopers with the same mark or no. under the feets. They also have big problems with standing straight.

I have also some gamorrean guards with no. under the feets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:48 am

I have 17 stormtroopers, and I found 5 different markings on the feet not including peg hole differences. Sorry about the assbag pics

1: Has an oval shape on the bottom of feet. Not really raised up, but its obvious 3-line COO HK
Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! 146ad56f

2: small dash on on troopers left foot 3 line coo
Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! 87f29af7

3:backwards 2 on troopers right foot 3 line coo
Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! 0374a47e

4: partial 3 partial 1 on right 3 line coo, tight spacing
Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! E5979243

5: partial 3 on left, 2 on right tight spacing
Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! 69b4a13b
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:44 am

Pomse, I just checked my MIM Scout I got and sadly mine dont have one. Wish it did so we could use that as a starting point anyway. I can see it now, going to a flea market or yard sale looking at the bottom of the feet on figures now instead of the COO's. lol!

Tim, is all yours HK COO or was there another one in there? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:03 pm

all HK
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Pomse, I just checked my MIM Scout I got and sadly mine dont have one. Wish it did so we could use that as a starting point anyway. I can see it now, going to a flea market or yard sale looking at the bottom of the feet on figures now instead of the COO's. lol!

Tim, is all yours HK COO or was there another one in there? Just curious.

Hi chris, very funny lol!

I can remember I brought it up on the lili ledy thread with marco. The no. on the scouts is on the heel and I think they are on all lili ledy scouts and the figures I have does not have the same no. on each heel. I think there is up to 7 no.

Here is a link to the thread are where we talked about it :-)

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p330-lili-ledy-discussion-thread
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:40 pm

doh No wonder I couldnt see one. I was looking at the bottoms instead of the heal. I remember seeing that in the thread now that you said it. Cant see it on the MOC since the bubble is too tight, figure wont move far enough. So much for that.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:26 pm

pomse2001 wrote:

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! Sdc12011
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:35 am

aussiejames wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! Sdc12011

Great work james Very Happy

I have only seen the no. 2 on the gamorrean guards. But I have one with a no. on each foot.

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! Sta60024
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!   Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormtrooper with number under the feet? what the?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next