The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 pm

No mate, about the only one who believes in them is Tony (sotaom)

It all boils down to Todd D saying they are all fake just because some came from Billyboy.
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:25 pm

RebelChris wrote:

Secondly, I do have a question for you. How does this information differ from what Stephane put together for his Meccano to Trilogo book? Not saying that either is correct or incorrect, I'm just curious. There seems to be a lot of similar information from both sources (yours and Stephane's) but you also seem to have added quite a bit as far as which country/company distributed and made the varying Tri-Logos...

Hi Chris,

I agree with Joe-O. Remember that Stephane's book was released in 2006. It was a new book for the time full-filled with pictures and easy to understand readdings.
Now, this is just a new point of view. As you said, there's probably an handfull of collectors really interested in the back story of the vintage era.
Stephane really done a great job for the time and the first step is always the hardest. He simply open the way to each one of us. I don't know is sources and how he managed to compile his book. Sure there are some mistakes and missing things, that's what happens with time; a lot of new varations had surfaced since its publication.

Maybe i am to "insane" to find out untill the last detail and maybe it only interest myself but i love this...

Del; The woolworths 8 pack was indeed a way to sold the surplus. I saw too many of them (mostly empty bags) to believe they are just fakes.

Panastur
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:37 pm

I think its great when someone has a real passion for collecting something.
Its obvious you have spent a long time learning about tri-logos, so its great you have decided to share this info.

In just a few posts i have learnt a lot.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Very interesting! I have never seen these Woolworths baggies! Are there any photos? If someone can post images here, I would appreciate it. Smile

I would like to point out that the Palitoy sign I gave to Uli, John Menzies Ad, and a whole lot of other paperwork came from billy. So not everything he sold and traded was fake in fairness. It a shame that he did turn to the darkside as he was a very knowledgable person.

Just to add my tuppence (2-cents) worth:

I didn't see JC's original photo showing the Luke Jedi baggies from Taiwan earlier. Note that Palitoy only released (HN Factory) Hong Kong NCOO Luke Jedi (possibly Maceo also) during the ROTJ era.

They only started to release "Made in Taiwan" (TJ Factory) when production was moved to Tri-logo type cards. They probally recieved a truck full of 100pce boxes of TJ Baggies like the one shown and removed the figure from the baggie to be carded. This is why you can find TJ Luke with cape-on, cape-off, cape behind figure still in the sleeve.

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 Tj_roc19

Now reading everyone thoughts, I suppose the inconsistency in the arrangment of Luke Jedi on a Tri-logo card comes from various Jens and Jims opening the individual baggies and packing the bubble as they please...

If I was one of those workers, I suppose I would of started off carefully unpacking the baggies, removing the cape out of the green cardboard sleeve and dressing luke with his cape on but the hood pulled neatly back so you can see his head - probally the neatest of the variations. Then I would of probally had a bollocking from my line manager to hurry the feck up as this was taking ages. After that I would just ram the cape on in any fashion.

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 Tj_tri11

But this was taking still taking ages so I would then just shove the cape behind the figure. But there still 50 figures to card before I clock off so now I just literally empty the baggie contents into the bubble and card the fecker. So you can see a blantently Taiwan luke Jedi inside the Tri-logo MOC thats has Made In Hong Kong on the bottom corner.

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 Tj_tri14

I finish the last and turn around ... but where Jen? she clocked-off hours ago she just carded the figures still sealed in the baggies (There are photos on the net of carded baggies) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Craig,

I have some potf woolies baggies in my original limelight thread.

I don't want to post them here as its too good a thread for tri logo collectors it would be a shame to go off track.

Btw have you seen the tri logo Obiwan cards with palitoy bagged luke jedi, those are cool.

Also rumour has it someone has a han carb moc with the figure still in its baggie.

And your right about Billy, he was a very good collecting buddy of mine for quite a few years.....was a shame how things turned out. He was VERY clued up on just about everything.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:49 pm

To tie something together with production of moc tri figures and the distribution of bagged figures to factories for carding action figures.

The Spanish PBP/ tri 8D8 is packaged with his cardboard insert between the legs, the cardboard insert was only used to keep his legs straight whilst being stored/transported (thats why he has it in the Kenner bags)- the theory is that the people packaging the PBP / tri cards just unbagged him and whacked him in the bubble and left the card which was sellotaped together around his legs on him.

Here is a pic- 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 8d8pbp10

So it all links together pretty nicely - Figures produced in bulk from factories in the far east being shipped in baggies to place directly onto tri cards.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Actually Joe and Craig that makes a ton of sense that the figures were produced en mass at the factory, shipped in baggies to the Tri factories and packaged that way. Especially since it was towards the end of the line and they were just trying to filter out old stock.

This is a great thread BTW!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm

This one is one of my favourites, would love to own this.

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 2093121590065875482LAqfEO_th
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm still waiting for the day when a poft figure in baggie on a tri card shows up.
That would be something really special.

The han carb i mentioned before has been talked about for years but i have never seen a picture.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Del wrote:
Craig,

Btw have you seen the tri logo Obiwan cards with palitoy bagged luke jedi, those are cool.

Thanks Del, I tried looking but couldn't find it ... I know it there somewhere if you find lets us know and I add it to the post.

EDIT: You must of read my mind Del! that's it! Notice this is a Hong Baggie which just adds to the mix of tri-logo

Joe_O wrote:
To tie something together with production of moc tri figures and the distribution of bagged figures to factories for carding action figures.

The Spanish PBP/ tri 8D8 is packaged with his cardboard insert between the legs, the cardboard insert was only used to keep his legs straight whilst being stored/transported (thats why he has it in the Kenner bags)- the theory is that the people packaging the PBP / tri cards just unbagged him and whacked him in the bubble and left the card which was sellotaped together around his legs on him. So it all links together pretty nicely - Figures produced in bulk from factories in the far east being shipped in baggies to place directly onto tri cards.

Another excellent example which helps illustrate this practice. Joe: Any chance you have a photo of the 8d8 baggie that was used to show everyone?

The C-3P0 baggie was another over-stocked baggie. Was this used in the Tri-logo re-packaging? Any one have other quality evidence for this or other figures?

Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Craig that luke jedi is in a palitoy style baggie. No mention of kenner just made in hong kong.

I would pressume that 8d8 would be in the same type of baggie type, taped with blue made in hong kong text.

I actually found one and sent it to joe for his focus. Another one showed up on ebay around the same time too.

I have also seen a palitoy bagged c3po r/limbs, not the usual green text kenner bag.

Actually i have never seen a baggie figure on card that mentioned kenner, they have all been palitoy style which actually makes more sense.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Here is the "Palitoy" baggie Del mentioned on the left -
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 Baggie10

This is not a Kenner baggie that's for sure, it has no Kenner text whatsoever, I have seen 3 of these , Del sent me this one (thanks again!) and the other 2 were on ebay.

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Del wrote:
Craig that luke jedi is in a palitoy style baggie. No mention of kenner just made in hong kong. I would pressume that 8d8 would be in the same type of baggie type, taped with blue made in hong kong text.

I actually found one and sent it to joe for his focus. Another one showed up on ebay around the same time too. I have also seen a palitoy bagged c3po r/limbs, not the usual green text kenner bag. Actually i have never seen a baggie figure on card that mentioned kenner, they have all been palitoy style which actually makes more sense.

Yep Del, my post above was supposed to mention this (but I failed to complete the sentence). That is, that the Tri-logo card used Luke Jedi figures that originally came from both palitoy hong kong and kenner Taiwan baggies (I mean in-general here: The loose figure inside came from either source). That why I wanted to see what baggie was used for 8D8. Can you or Joe post it?

EDIT (Again too slow to post ... thanks for the photo Joe)

With the evidence I have, I can only speak for Luke Jedi, but wouldn't it make sense for the Tri-logo recarding factories to use whatever surplus baggie stock they had to hand and that other figures could of originally come in Kenner or Palitoy baggies?

Though I did like your post that only Palitoy baggies have so far only been seen carded within bubbles with the figure still sealed in the baggie.
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Great stuff on tri logos. You're putting my website to shame!

Laughing

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks Joe, To my untrained eye either 8d8 baggie could of been opened to make the 8D8 Tri-logo Card. Can you tell using any features that the figue inside the MOC is from the Palitoy baggie.

It easier to distinguish the origin of Luke (even with the capes on) as the heads have different paint jobs.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:09 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:

Great stuff on tri logos. You're putting my website to shame!

Laughing

Jason

if you can't beat us ... Join us! You definately know your shit! lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Craig T wrote:
Thanks Joe, To my untrained eye either 8d8 baggie could of been opened to make the 8D8 Tri-logo Card. Can you tell using any features that the figue inside the MOC is from the Palitoy baggie.

No probs- I could talk about this stuff for hours and not get bored Laughing

Unfortunately there is no way to tell which bag the figure could have come from, whilst the 8D8 figure is one of the missing links in this story with the PBP card having its baggie insert in the bubble, he is also a no COO figure, which makes it almost impossible to tell where on earth the figure was produced (if indeed it was produced in multiple locations at all) Sad

I have even checked both baggies to see if I could identify some difference in the cardboard used from a US "Kenner" stamped baggy to the "Palitoy" hong kong baggie but both are exactly the same- brown inside and white outside, even the tape seems to be the same.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:19 pm

BTW- take no notice of the baggie on the right with the red taped 8d8 name tag- that is on the outside of the baggy and was from a Kenner employee, it isn't inside the baggie and is not taped to the cardboard as it perhaps looks like.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Joe_O wrote:

No probs- I could talk about this stuff for hours and not get bored Laughing

know what you mean buddy I have to be up for work in 4 hours but too excited to go to bed this is an awesome thread and don't want to miss a trick.

Cheers for the Replie though.

I wonder if Uli orMicro have some blantent Baggie-to-Trilogo specimens...

Good night all!
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 am

Nope...sorry guys.
I only have one single picture in my personal database. A further Kenobi/Luke Jadi Card.
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 BenKenobi-LukeJedi2
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:01 am

Personally i don't think palitoy would of received any figures from the far east in kenner logo baggies.

I have bought loads from former employee's and every one has just had the made in hong kong text in either blue, green or black.

What i think is this.

Baggies that mention KENNER on them were only shipped from the far east to the usa. Kenner also recieved non kenner logo baggies.

Figures shipped to meccano were in macau baggies.

Figures shipped to palitoy were in non logo 'made in hong kong' baggies.
These bags were also used by clipper and toltoys, so its more of a generic baggie really.

I have seen first shots etc in this style baggie, so they were used for a whole range of stuff.

Now i have actually seen a picture of a woolies 8 pk containing kenner logo baggies, but the source was Billy.
As this promotion was right at the end of the line it would not suprise me if some kenner logo baggie figures were shipped to palitoy to get shot of stock, but unless i see pics from another source i wouldn't want to say 100%.
Its a real shame about Billy as he could of answered this Q easily.

Whilst i was digging for info regarding the woolies 8 pk and people were coming forward with photos of baggie figures they had taken from an 8 pk not one baggie was in a kenner logo bag. They have been pretty consistent.....

Black Text HEAT sealed baggie, soft material.
Black Text Tape sealed, soft material. I have only ever seen a few of these and they looked cut down a little.
Now the source of mine was good, so after getting the info about baggies being opened and touched up in factories i think that could be the case with these.
Tape Sealed Crisp baggie blue Made in Hong Kong text
Heat sealed Crisp baggie with either blue or Greeny Blue Made in Hong Kong text
Tape sealed soft baggie, very long (all yak faces to date have been found in this same baggie style)
There is also a very large black text heat sealed baggie that to date i have only ever seen the emperor and gam guard in.

So other than Bills i have NEVER seen a Kenner Logo baggie from a woolies 8pk.

Palitoy mailers, emperor & rancor keeper came in tape sealed blue text crisp baggies.
And altho very rare (except Dengar) you can get palitoy parker bradgate baggies.

This is just what i have personally seen over the past 6 years.

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:15 am

Thats a cracking post mate...

But do you think Luke Jedi could possible be a an exception here?

The vast majority of Luke Jedi Baggies that housed a "Made In Taiwan Luke Jedi" Figure had either:

"Kenner Made in Taiwan R.O.C" or "Kenner Made in Taiwan".

markings on the baggie.

I know you mentioned to me before that there is also a clear heat sealed baggie that has no writing on the bag at all and is a softer plastic... but wasn't this a USA baggie too? Shawn K. has this baggie maybe he could post a pic up of it.

Therefore if all "Made in Taiwan Luke Jedi" baggies were Kenner, wouldn't this mean that surplus Kenner baggies were in fact used to make the Tri-logo cards I have in my posession. The green sleeve used to clasp the cape and the figure itself are both unique to this factory and this factory only produced LJ figures within their far east premises on Kenner ROTJ/POTF MOC or within Kenner baggies.

Now if I am right and this was the case then surely there might be a chance that other kenner over stock was used too? Maybe not in woolies packs or carded inside the bubble of tri-logo whilst still in the baggie, but maybe the figures were removed from baggies and tipped into bubbles ready to be carded onto trilogos?

The last paragraph is just me speculating but I am 99.9% certain the rest is accurate. There would be no other way that the Taiwan Luke could of made his way onto a european produced card otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 am

Hi Craig,

Im not sure i have ever seen a taiwan luke jedi on a european card? not that i have taken any notice lol.

I have owned 3 luke jedi palitoy baggies are im sure they were either hong kong or no coo, they would not be taiwan.
You would be able to answer this as you now have one of mine lol.

My Tri moc luke jedi is Hong kong too, and the cape is just like the palitoy baggies and not in green sleeves.
Seeing as bagged samples have been found carded i think its pretty safe to say the HONG KONG Tri Luke was removed from a palitoy baggie.
Is there as Taiwan tri luke moc then? If so im guessing its possible they were carded at palitoy FOR kenner so yes i guess kenner could of supplied the figures (taiwan KENNER baggies) and then sent them back over the pond.

Btw the non logo baggie Shawn has could be either kenner or palitoy. The baggie styles are different tho. The kenner one is square and oversized. The non logo palitoy baggie looks like a regular baggie but has no text. Im pretty sure ive never seen Luke Jedi in the the pal no logo baggie tho.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:39 am

Also if Palitoy were carding figures FOR kenner, they would probably be more thorough, no leaving figures in baggies etc.

Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 am

I was wondering if there is any more available information on why the different punches were used?

The UK/Spanish (phase 2)/French (phase 2)/US all seem to be relatively the same style. However, the French Phase 1, Spanish GMJ, Spanish (PBP Back) and the German punches all seem to be different.

Any reason for that? The only thing I can think of is to differentiate the COO for the factory that produced them. But that doesn't seem to make total sense.

Another thought could possibly be, each factory wanted to have a different punch to represent their country, however since the whole idea for the Tri-Logo line was to unify things for the European markets. That means the punches evolved into something similar to each other as the line progressed.

Especially since the different punch types were in the early phases of line.

Any other thoughts or ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next