The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ Empty
PostSubject: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I wanted to talk a minute to publicly thank Joe_O for all he has done for this site. Joe is going to be leaving the mod team but luckily will still continue and participate in the forum , snipe 8D8 items, and continuing to look like his focus. When you consider this site is less than 1yr old it's a testament to the folks like Joe that helped Jay and the guys get up and running. Like most of us we see egos checked at the door and an atmosphere that reflects what collecting should be like, fun and social.

Joe - I speak for everyone when I say that you are a permanent cornerstone in this site, regardless of title. You have given a lot of insite, shown a lot of patience and added some levity and I don't think I am out of turn by saying this site might not be where it is with you.

From the admins and moderators (and I think everyone at TIG) we appreciated what you've done and are so glad to know you'll still be here to bask in what you helped create.

Cheers pal

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Honestly, I couldn't have said it better John.

On a personal note, I want to thank Joe for inviting me to come over to TIG and encouraging me to volunteer to help out. Joe is a true friend in this hobby, so naturally I was sadden to hear that he was leaving the mod team. However, I am sooo glad to hear that he's not leaving the hobby for good.

Joe has been an asset to TIG since it's inception, and there's a lot of things that we now consider standards, that wouldn't have been without Joe. Panci, Dago-Bam, TIG Arcade competitions, 101 Reasons to Join Chat thread just to name a few! Very Happy

Thanks again for everything Joe! You're one hell of a guy!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Yeah he's all right. Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:42 pm

i dont think i need to say something , joe you know your one of my best forum bro's vintage and non vintage related

i know you had a ruff time behind ya and if ya dont feel like gaming to set your mind on other things

send me a pm and let's chat

btw if your on msn let me know bro
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:12 pm

and a fine place this has become indeed
`
thanks joe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:29 pm

He's alright, just got a weird charachter fetish.

Big up Joe king
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Joe is a great guy! One of the best here actually. That is all I have to say about that Smile.

Jason
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:34 pm

sacko wrote:
Joe is a great guy! One of the best here actually. That is all I have to say about that Smile.

Jason
exactly, and to this day, the help he gave me through my shit time is the nicest gesture I've ever received bow
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:28 am

Joe are you leaving????

I enjoyed all the chat session's,Joe O. is one of the friendliest guy's here,and has a great sense off humor. People like Joe O. are the ones that make make a difference.

Your friend Dan.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 am

Where do i start!

Joe is one of my oldest friends in the hobby and has been there for me through thick and thin. Back when i came up with the crazy idea of trying to do a new REPRO and weapons variant website Joe was there all the way supporting me in terms of both content and design ideas and simply been a true friend through what was an seriously intensive amount of work.

After the main TIG site was launched we decided to expand it out into a pure vintage forum again this was another huge challenge as 98% of forums set up on the internet fail. Joe was with me from Day 1 on the new project and vasts elements of this site are a directly result of Joes work / contirbution.

I know Joe will probably pipe up and explain things in the thread but to confirm he isnt selling up and is just taking a little bit of a break as he has lots going on in day to day life.

Joe been the type of guy he is felt he could'n't dedicate as much time he felt is needed to the moderator role and its for this reason he decided to step down to potentially allow some else who could give more time to step in and i think this is a true measure of the man.

Joe your a top guy with a big heart bro you really go that extra mile to help folk out with there focus's and searches for vintage items i've lost count of the amount of people you have helped out myself included your a true credit to this hobby and i hope you keep your hat in on the TIG forum until the collecting flame reignites!

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:19 am

Joe's a top fella, i've found he's always ready to help out others & a good laugh too. Glad to have made his aquaintance, he's one of the most reliable & dependable guys in the hobby.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:00 am

Embarassed Geez Guys!! Embarassed

Not sure I did anything deserving of a thread like this but it's been quite humbling to read all these messages from some people I consider very good friends, not just in the hobby!

Well you guys pretty much covered the reasons, busy life, low interest in SW and not feeling the need to give too much input on things lately kinda got me thinking about passing the torch, for no other reason than the ones stated, I will still be around I just feel that I have done what I could as a moderator and not knowing if I will take a long break or when my motivation will come back
again for the forums it's definitely best I hand in my badge and gun Wink

TIG is one of the friendliest places and I am very proud to have seen it grow and grow since the start Smile

All the best lads !
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Well said, Joe.

It's been great getting to know you here on TIG and I hope you can still chime in periodically.

In a short time I can def count you as a top fellow-globe-trottting-SWfan-crazy-drummer-dude!

atb matey cheers
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Sad your motivation is a bit gone Joe, but happy to see you didn't do a WSD like last time when you had us all worried you were killed by Romanian assassins lol.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Can't add much more than what was said, but I have to say I agree what everyone else said. Joe is a great guy, even if he did introduce me to SWFUK. lol! On top of that just a great person and friend. I know the feeling about loosing interest. I was the same way until you told me that TIG was up and running. Glad that you did because it brought the fun back into collecting. All the best in what you do from here on out and happy to see you around when you can make it. Take care bud.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Joe,
Came back from vacation to see this thread. It saddens me that you won't be around as much. I'm going to miss your sense of humor and your willingness to enlighten us newbies. You really helped make me feel comfortable about asking questions and participating on this forum. You never gave anyone attitude and never made anyone feel stupid, even if we asked stupid questions.

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for all you have done for this forum and all the contributions you have made to the hobby in general. I wish you all the best and hope you come back as much as possible.

Brad

P.S....I have to get in one last Panci ritual... bow bow bow... even though we all know he's evil Twisted Evil :pitch fork:
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:52 pm

As always I'm late to a thread, but for sure need to add my comments here.

Joe, you are a great friend and I'm glad that with our little find last year, I was able to get to know you even better. It was a lot of fun to see your excitement in acquiring pieces like Proofs, Cromalains, etc and to be able to see those first hand in passing them on. I hope that sometime soon that excitement will return, but breaks are a good thing every once and awhile. In fact I think it is quite healthy in order to prevent permanent burn out.

I'm glad that you were chosen to help with the launch of TIG and I hope you won't be a stranger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Wow... Joe... Shocked

I didn't know you were leaving for while? I hope I haven't missed the bus in my late response to wish you well?

It has been great meeting you and although I don't know you as well as the other guys... I would still like to wish you well!

I appreciate all you kind words and advice too! ... I owe you so much for helping me see the light and come through the U90 Dark Times

Thanks man and hope to hear from you in the not to distant future!
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Joe Im sorry to hear this. Its guys like you and the crew behind TIG that is the cause of me helping with some graphics for your hard work Smile

I respect your descision, and wish you well and lots of respect here frome Denmark!! Im going to miss readiging your posts.

Take care Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Even though i've not been in the hobby that long,Joe is one of the nicest guys i've come across! Very Happy

He was one of the first to welcome me when i joined SWFUK & has helped me out numerous times with advice,info,etc especially when i had some IT problems(i even had to ask him what a browser was! Laughing).

All the best for the future mate & if you are taking a break from hobby,i hope its not a permanent one as the hobby would be at a loss without you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ   Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe_O appreciation thread *Check you shoes at the door* PLEASE READ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1