The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Empty
PostSubject: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:20 pm

I keep seeing this auction but never click on it - http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Tri-Logo-Teebo-MOMC-C-9-AFA-Ready-/220676500114?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3361582a92#ht_944wt_911

Just read the description :

"Teebo is a 79 back Tri-Logo style 'B' card which were available primarily in Europe before the wave of Tri-Logos 'C' cards hit Kay-Bee here in the states. They have a slightly thinner silver 'bar' around the figure and the cards are noticeably more glossy. "

Now the last part (card differences) is correct but the first line?

I know I have seen both b + c cards with kaybee stickers on them but I don't know if this is correct that 70C were produced FOR the US market (i thought they were all imports of overstock) ?

Interestingly- Lumat and Paploo are BOTH only available on 70C cards and the card COO is....*drum roll* MEXICO!

Is this a missing link of information perhaps- the 70c cards are noticeably poorer quality than 70b's so did production shift to Mexico for these lower quality trilogos to to go straight on clearance?!

Last edited by Joe_O on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:23 am

All of my Kay-Bee Trilogo MOCs are B. I do not have a single one C-Card with Kay-Bee sticker.
I don´t believe, that the C´s were only produced for the US-Market.

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:52 am

Im going to have a look at my Tri Logos today to see if i have any Tri C's.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 am

Mike- There are a couple in Stephanes book and a few on ebay - figures like Teebo, Lobot, Rancor Keeper etc (the more common 70C's) I have seen with Kay Bee stickers.

Jay- Your Stormtrooper is a 70C and I think your Luke Jedi also.

That ebay description is the first I have heard of the 70C thing although Stephanes book does mention 70c cards not being available in France (and perhaps other European countries) and they were mostly in the UK + USA.

Mike- do you think 70C and B cards were produced at the same time or one was later?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 am

Joe_O wrote:
Mike- There are a couple in Stephanes book and a few on ebay - figures like Teebo, Lobot, Rancor Keeper etc (the more common 70C's) I have seen with Kay Bee stickers.

Jay- Your Stormtrooper is a 70C and I think your Luke Jedi also.

That ebay description is the first I have heard of the 70C thing although Stephanes book does mention 70c cards not being available in France (and perhaps other European countries) and they were mostly in the UK + USA.

Mike- do you think 70C and B cards were produced at the same time or one was later?

Yep just checked my Tri Logo Luke Jedi and Tri Logo Stormtrooper both are 70C's also the Luke Jedi has the Kay Bee price sticker on it as well does that help?

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:52 am

Nice Jay! Yep I am sure of the 70C's being sold in Kay bee also.

I honestly reckon they were all overstock and whatever made its way over there was random, it was interesting to read the ebay sellers description though, I would like to know where the trilogo cards were made (all of them) as those 70C cards are really different.

When I first got a 70C it was so light and thin that I thought it was fake tbh!
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Trilogo varation...   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board even if i was reading it for years. I especially logged in to clarify some doubts, misleading and misunderstood knowledge about the Trilogo variations.
I am always a bit disappointed when i read some posts about the Trilogo in other known forums or in publications that overviews the Trilogo concept.

I decided to post in this forum in response to Joe_O, because i do like is curriosity and his way to ask the corret questions. In the meantime, i would like to respond to a previous post from Joe_O if AFA should grade Trilogo's as A, B, C or D ...or whatelse.

In fact i am very reluctant to mention 3L only as A, B...and so on. I am always amazed to see how US carded figures are minutely described in all its details and variations. ¿why don't we apply it for foreign cards? I sincerely think that's a lack of some knowlegde about the matter.

Now about the Trilogo(3L). There's actually 9 referenced 3L cards in terms of shape and manufacturing origin.
So here we go...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- UK Phase 1 : Those are the very first 3L bet on the market (during 3rd and 4th quarters of 84). Packaged in the UK, they are firstly distribued in the country before its european exportation. Characteristics: Shiny and sturdy cardback with the factory punced hole. Use of previous Palitoy Jedi bubble in the beginning and then the two kinds of etched bubble (light and deep).
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* P1040210 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Uk_1_p10 Example of standart UK Phase 1 3L card with a light etched bubble and a clean cutted punch hole.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- UK Phase 2 : This second release of 3L is characterized by the use of a thinner cardback, unpunched (with the typical dot cut in the lower part of the punch) and the use of exclusively etched bubbles (minus the exeption of Anakin). The back of the card has a matt paper finish. This second phase was done principaly to lunch the "last 17" wave with the barcode printed on the front and the wrongly called "Hybrid" or "Transition" cards with the Palitoy Jedi front. They come in fact from a late decision to re-release them without creating a new specific designed card. First signs of a declining line of toys and a cheaper way to sold the overstocked figures. Many first figures of the first phase were also recarded on this format.
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* P1040110 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* P1040211 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Img_5610 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Uk_2_p10 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Uk_2_p11 Some examples of UK Phase 2 cards with the typical "dot line" pre-cutted punch hole. Some cards are intentionally punched but the dot lines still clearly visibles.

- Spanish 3L/PBP back : They are the first, outside Uk, to produce their own line of 3L. Spain being the only european manufacturer of SW action figures, they anticipated the new 3L wave with the release of only 8 characters with a 3L front and the typical PBP offer 65bk prviously used in the Jedi line. They trictely used Jedi PBP bubbles(rounded bubble corners).
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Pbp_3l10 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Pbp_pu10 Example of Spanish 3L/PBP back with PBP Jedi bubble and typical PBP Jedi like cutted punch hole.

- Spanish 3L Phase 2 : This time, PBP change the back of their cards to a standart 3L know format. Many "Last 17" were released on this card, being Yak Face and the Imperial Dignitary the most known. They always used the typical PBP rouded bubble with a rounded cut shape.
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* P1012011 Example of Spanish Phase 2 3L with the typical PBP bubble.

- Spanish G.M.J. : When General Mills adquired the 100% of the spanish company, some changes were made on the packaging like the company name on the back and the new rounded peg hole shape. It's only in this line that we can find Lumat and Paploo with the Wicked picture and an alternate to the only know 70D Lumat with the correct picture. Always the PBP bubble.
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Img_5410 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Gmj_pu10 Example of spanish G.M.J. 3L card with PBP bubble and rounded punch hole. Some cards may be unpunched.

- French 3L Phase 1 : I really never understood why they are called "Early Macao" when at the time of their release, 3L were widely available in the UK and Spain. This decision from Meccano to produce(packaging only) 3L carded figures surfaced during a dark period when General Mills annouced it decision to spun off its Toys Division. Some kind of chaos invaded the European market and many european toys manufacturer taken advantage of releasing their own line of 3L and in the meanwhile, sale their own surplus of unsold action figures. For this first French release, Meccano simply duplicated actual UK Phase 1 cardback with the result of a poor quality printing. Meccano 3L Phase 1 cards are characterised in the back of their cards by a faded lettering print and a granulated shiny finish, typical of the Meccano Jedi back of cards. The punch hole is rounded like the spanish GMJ 3L cards. They strictely used all the range of Jedi Meccano rounded bubbles.
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Trilog10 Example of French Phase 1 3L card with Meccano bubble and G.M.J. like rounded punch hole. Some cards has the "Made in Macao" or "Made in Spain" white or black sticker, some hasn't, dependind from where they received bulk boxes of loose bagged figures.

- French 3L Phase 2 : The cardback is identical to a UK Phase 1 card, same punch hole, better quality printing but the back finish has always a granulated finish touch. All types of rounded Jedi Meccano bubbles and Palitoy double stems like bubbles are use on these cards. No etched bubble were reported to be use on Meccano 3L cards. All french packaging were printed and made in Calais, nord of France.
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Img_5510 Example of a French Phase 2 3L card with a better quality printing and a Meccano or Palitoy bubble. Now use of a standart UK Phase 1 like cardback but always with a granulated finish in the back.

- German 3L : This is a particular case. General Mills USA had its own headquarter installed in Germany(Rodgau) from where most of the brands (not only toys but also food and textile stuff) were produced and distribued for the european marked. Parker was responsable of the GM German toy division and it was considered for a short period to package "Far-East" imported toys for the local market. German 3L are characterised with the typical elongated and pointed punch hole and an accentuated yellow printed back. Most of the bubble are rounded but some etched bubbles exists.
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Img_5511 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* German10 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* German11 Example of a German 3L card with the elongated punch hole and the use of rounded bubble(some etched bubble but rare). The back has a Yellow color dominant.

- UK/USA 3L : At the end of 85, when GM sold its Toy division, toy production stopped in the Far-East. Kenner-Parker, owner of the Star Wars license, ordered Palitoy to produce a low-cost packaging to sell the massive surplus of action figures accumulated in their warhouses. The "machiavelian" idea of Kenner was to send all its surplus to UK to be repackaged in this new style of low-cost card and in the meantime to come apart with its unsold stock of action figures. Massive shipments of "Made in Far-East" and "Mexico" toys were sent to the UK to be packaged. Palitoy responded better as expected. A new style of 3L sheap cardboard card was designed with a PotF like look(elongated figure area) and a US standardised punch hole. These action figures were packaged and shipped back to the USA but Palitoy also included unsold Phase 1 and Phase 2 production in the shipments. These cards were mostly sold in the Key-Bee chain stores across the USA. These US packed action figures were also distrubued in some European countries...
70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Img_5512 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Us_pun10 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Us_det10 Example of UK/USA 3L card with a US standart cutted punch hole and a new re-designed "PotF" like card.

As you see, it's definitively not as easy as to call them A, B and C. Much more have to be said about the Trilogos and with more than 300+ Trilogo carded figures in my collection, i am far to know all the truth.

Sorry for my poor english.

Enjoy
Panastur (Spain)

Last edited by Panastur on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:14 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Beinvendo e TIG Forum mi amigo Smile

I have to say Panastur that was the best first post i have ever read! Really informative and its certainly ties right into everything i have observed. I genuinely hope you stick around we feel its important to learn about this great hobby together on this site Smile

Would it be possible to put a front and back picture up for each of the Tri Logo classifications that you mention buddy?

300 Tri Logos wow i bet that is one killer collection!

Cheers Jay

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Panastur I wanted to wish you welcome first - great to have you here and tonight I will read your post and reply- it looks like some great info but I am just a little busy at the moment to get involved Very Happy

Thanks for taking the time to sign up!
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Wow - not much left to say... apart from welcome Very Happy

Uli
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi J.C.
Welcome to the board here. Wow...what a first post..
Maybe someone should send Stephane a link to this post and he´ll probably chime in.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:15 pm

I think I am in love with the above post Shocked

That's almost too much information to take in, amazing!

I will be reading and absorbing this for a while, your knowledge on the distribution, production and even company changes is outstanding, never before seen anything like this and it does indeed go against a few of the things I have read/heard elsewhere.

Please stick around Panastur I am sure you will get some questions and discussion!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Awsome post, very very imformative Shocked

welcome btw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 am

Thank you Jay, Joe, Uli and Mirco(How you do my friend?).

With this post i just try to bring some highlights to this obscure period of chaos of 85-86 where everything was almost permited.

Jay, i will procure to document every single card variation with pictures, no worry.

Last, there's a kind of production i just missed in my previews post; The so called "Miscards". The Palitoy Company had always a control on the european production. It was the "voice" of the omni-potent General Mills here in Europe. At the enf of 1985, Palitoy ordained Meccano to stop action figures packaging and assured this way the control of the toy distribution in this land. Meccano was forced to come apart with its remaining stocks. In the early 86, action Figures were massively packaged in what are called today "Miscard" or "Error" cards. Action figures were mixed with the more appropriate available card. I was told in the day that the bubble was previewsly used on a late french Action Force/G.I. Joe action figure but i never could confirm this info or find an equivalent packaging.

Stay in touch,

Panastur.
Back to top Go down
Michifromhell
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:21 am

Thanks JC for the Information.
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:02 am

Michifromhell wrote:
Thanks JC for the Information.

Hey Michael, glad to see you here...

Some picture and info added...

Panastur
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:23 am

Thanks for the additional pics, makes things even clearer.

I think this could make a very very good sticky tri logo guide.

I noticed that you said the figures were shipped to macau etc in baggies, this is something i was told too but when i bought it up on RS i was told it would not be cost effective to ship in baggies, although to me it makes perfect sense.

My info came from a palitoy employee who said boxes of loose bagged figures would be shipped to them and then they would be transfered to card. He actually had a small box of han hoth baggies he had taken home.

This would explain why there are so many figures found in macau & palitoy (made in hong kong) baggies.

Its always good to hear stuff like this from another source.

Del

Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:52 am

Del wrote:
...I noticed that you said the figures were shipped to macau etc in baggies, this is something i was told too but when i bought it up on RS i was told it would not be cost effective to ship in baggies, although to me it makes perfect sense.

My info came from a palitoy employee who said boxes of loose bagged figures would be shipped to them and then they would be transfered to card. He actually had a small box of han hoth baggies he had taken home....

Del

Hi Del,

Thanks for the kind words. I would like to clarify that bagged figures were shipped from Macao or other Far-East manufacturs, not "to" as you mentioned...

Figures were sent individualy bagged with the respective weapon/cloth to avoid friction and paint loss during shipment. I recall a former Meccano employee dedicated to open each bag and apply paint with a small brush on the figures that needed scratch retouching...

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* Img_0811

This is an example of how Kenner received its bulk figures. Here an image found on the net with Made in HK Luke Jedi... I saw similar Palitoy boxes with "G.M. U.K." marking.

Last edited by Panastur on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:57 am

Panastur

May I also welcome you to the Forum.

I have to be honest, that has to be the best debut post I have ever read and worthy of been a "sticky" if not duplicated in the TIG guides.

Please stick around as the other guys have already mentioned you more than welcome.

Regards,

Craigy
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:12 am

Craig T wrote:
Panastur

May I also welcome you to the Forum.

I have to be honest, that has to be the best debut post I have ever read and worthy of been a "sticky" if not duplicated in the TIG guides.

Please stick around as the other guys have already mentioned you more than welcome.

Regards,

Craigy

Thank you so much Craigy for your words.
Do what you believe is correct with this info. Things are told to be shared. There's so much to say about the European vintage... I'll stick arround to respond all your questions...

JC-Panastur
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 am

Wow Panastur! That's a whole ton of information you posted there! Shocked

First of all, welcome to TIG! This is a great place with a lot of friendly knowledgeable people.

Secondly, I do have a question for you. How does this information differ from what Stephane put together for his Meccano to Trilogo book? Not saying that either is correct or incorrect, I'm just curious. There seems to be a lot of similar information from both sources (yours and Stephane's) but you also seem to have added quite a bit as far as which country/company distributed and made the varying Tri-Logos.

Really an excellent read. Thank you for taking the time to post that. I'm really eager to learn what else you may have in store. Very Happy

BTW, that German Rebel Commando is nice! Very nice in fact! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 am

After reviewing Stephane's book and speaking to him about the information in this thread its a bit more clearer why this level of detail wasn't included-

Trilogos and indeed a lot of European figures/items and collectibles were really not that "hot" for the majority of vintage SW collectors for many years, therefore while the information might have been there for a long time, not many people were interested in learning it as their interest was with Kenner and perhaps other foreign licensees like Palitoy and Ledy.

Fast forward to recent years and interest is higher but probably still not huge, Stephane released his book to a fairly "green" audience to share knowledge and create more interest in the area he is interested in- his intention was to ease people into things rather than flood them with information that they may have overlooked.

Also - the a,b,c,d terms were not coined by Stephane, he used them in his book to stick to the path so to speak and not confuse matters.

I am hopeful of a revised edition actually, perhaps expanding on the a,b,c,d designations and including some of the information that JC has contributed to this thread, there are also a few tiny things that need updating like the Boba Fett COO on the dark grey fett trilogo (its a no COO scar not HK).

JC - I must say once again a big thank you for coming to post this here, I am someone who enjoys learning and I think many times information is withheld not out of spite but just because those with the knowledge don't care to share or haven't got the time. This thread went from just another thread that probably 3-4 people would have posted in to a an invaluable resource with some incredibly detailed information.

Thank you !
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 am

Joe_O wrote:
After reviewing Stephane's book and speaking to him about the information in this thread its a bit more clearer why this level of detail wasn't included-

Trilogos and indeed a lot of European figures/items and collectibles were really not that "hot" for the majority of vintage SW collectors for many years, therefore while the information might have been there for a long time, not many people were interested in learning it as their interest was with Kenner and perhaps other foreign licensees like Palitoy and Ledy.

Fast forward to recent years and interest is higher but probably still not huge, Stephane released his book to a fairly "green" audience to share knowledge and create more interest in the area he is interested in- his intention was to ease people into things rather than flood them with information that they may have overlooked.

Also - the a,b,c,d terms were not coined by Stephane, he used them in his book to stick to the path so to speak and not confuse matters.

I am hopeful of a revised edition actually, perhaps expanding on the a,b,c,d designations and including some of the information that JC has contributed to this thread, there are also a few tiny things that need updating like the Boba Fett COO on the dark grey fett trilogo (its a no COO scar not HK).

JC - I must say once again a big thank you for coming to post this here, I am someone who enjoys learning and I think many times information is withheld not out of spite but just because those with the knowledge don't care to share or haven't got the time. This thread went from just another thread that probably 3-4 people would have posted in to a an invaluable resource with some incredibly detailed information.

Thank you !

That helps answer that question Joe! Thank you! Very Happy

But yes, this is a great thread and a great read. It's worth going over several times, just to digest all of the information. I love learning about all of this stuff. I think as a focus collector, some of it is invaluable (see insane Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 am

Panastur wrote:
Del wrote:
...I noticed that you said the figures were shipped to macau etc in baggies, this is something i was told too but when i bought it up on RS i was told it would not be cost effective to ship in baggies, although to me it makes perfect sense.

My info came from a palitoy employee who said boxes of loose bagged figures would be shipped to them and then they would be transfered to card. He actually had a small box of han hoth baggies he had taken home....

Del

Hi Del,

Thanks for the kind words. I would like to clarify that bagged figures were shipped from Macao or other Far-East manufacturs, not "to" as you mentioned...

Figures were sent individualy bagged with the respective weapon/cloth to avoid friction and paint loss during shipment. I recall a former Meccano employee dedicated to open each bag and apply paint with a small brush on the figures that needed sratch retouching...

Yes sorry i meant 'from' not 'to'
Thats crazy that they would retouch paint etc, very time consuming indeed.

I have seen pics of the luke jedi baggies and c3po r/limbs but no other figures.
Everyone has seen the video of the palitoy employee with a bucket full of loose zuckuss figures. i've often wondered if someone would of sat there before hand and removed each figure from a baggie.
I was told by the palitoy guy it was to keep everything together, figure/weapon/accessories so yes it would also offer protection...makes perfect sense.

If thats the case then it is highly possible/probable that the last 17 figures were also shipped from the far east to palitoy in baggies, and then removed from the bag and put onto tri logo cards.

So any overstock/surplus last 17 figures that were never put onto card would/could of survived still in the their baggies and then possibly used for promotions like the woolworths 8 pk (8 figures for 99p) to simply get shot of stock.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Del wrote:

So any overstock/surplus last 17 figures that were never put onto card would/could of survived still in the their baggies and then possibly used for promotions like the woolworths 8 pk (8 figures for 99p) to simply get shot of stock.

That makes perfect sense Del are the Woolies Baggies still not accepted by some USA Collectors?

Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*   70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

70C Enthusiasts read! *In depth Trilogo information in this thread*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next