The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Yr1977 wrote:

Yea, the hood too. Im kicking myself though cos i hade a black staff but that I though was a repo,may have sold it!! Gonna have a hunt and try find it. Hope ive still got it. No

There are also black repro staffs in circulation, see the pic below taken from TIG's weapon guide.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 REPRO%20LL%20Emperor%20Staff%20Pic%201

Check here: http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thestaffsaxessection.htm

Do you know where your black staff came from?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:03 pm

I got it with the figure if my memory serves me well. Yea
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:11 am

I love this post.

Is it just me or does it looks like there is some kind of extra sole under the feet of the Lili Ledy Admiral Ackbar ?

I have an Admiral Ackbar that has that kind of sole under the feet, the other ackbar's I have does not have that sole.

Also the colors is different on the figure.

Could it be a Lili Ledy figure ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
In a RebelScum post from 2001, Todd Chamberlain wrote:

These would be my assessments of "value" as it were of the major variations in near mint condition:
  • Red Cape Squid $100
  • Burghundy cape Bib $100
  • Rough cape Han Trench $80
  • Cloud Car Pilot (bright yellow gloves and boots) $50+ if really nice. the paint on these is really poor and I haven't seen one better than low c8. It's one of the rarest carded ledy's.
  • Emperor with Chief Chirpa cane $45
  • Klaatu with hair apron $25
  • Stormtrooper (different plastic, sharper detail) $25-30

Some of these prices reflect actual sales (Bib, Squid) while others are just guesses based on how hard I've found a piece to be to find. There are several other figures with noticeable paint and weapon differences that I'd guess might sell for $15-25.

I thought about sharing this: While digging through the archives of RebelScum, I encountered this list of prices for Ledy figures posted back in 2001. Ten years later, the demand for Lili Ledy figures has increased a lot apparently, resulting in prices which are tripled, quadrupled, or even more. Click here for the RSthread.

Time to invest in a time machine to save some serious cash. Very Happy

WOW, I read the whole post and I thought , DAMN , where I can get those prices?, until I saw the date ( 2001). lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:12 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
I love this post.

Is it just me or does it looks like there is some kind of extra sole under the feet of the Lili Ledy Admiral Ackbar ?

I have an Admiral Ackbar that has that kind of sole under the feet, the other ackbar's I have does not have that sole.

Also the colors is different on the figure.

Could it be a Lili Ledy figure ?

Hi Lars,

Interesting stuff!

The Ledy Ben Kenobi has a thicker sole, but I haven't noticed this before for the Ledy Ackbar. As the Ledy Ackbar is such a tough figure to identify, any possible specific Ledy trait will be much welcomed, and needs full attention. Very Happy
However from the pics on Ackbar's entry (page 1) I could not see any difference regarding the thickness of the soles. But off course it is always difficult to notice any subtle differences if you don't have the figures in your hands.

Could you make some pics of your Ackbar please? Best thing would be to have comparison pics next to a Kenner Ackbar.

Maybe other TIG members could check their Ledy Ackbar as well and give some feedback here.

@ Alfonso: Sorry to let you scare so much! Very Happy I wonder how high the Ledy prices will be in 2021.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:37 am

Here is the pictures of the 2 Hong Kong Variants of Admiral Ackbar.

The Left one on the pictures has the same sole as the Lili Ledy you have. I have pointed out the sole for you.

But I don't know if my Admiral Ackbar is a Lili Ledy, I also have 2 Admiral Ackbar in Kenner bags that looks just like the figure to the left.

But maybe the eyes is not brown on my figures. What do you think ?

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 A10
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:00 am

Ledy Ackbar is IMO one of the hardest to determine:
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 SDC11970
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 SDC11971
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 SDC11972
Ledy on the left, middle may be Ledy tongue , right figure same COO not ledy BUT has the 'extra' sole

I look for the yellow stripe being more yellow, browner eyes but I'm still never sure.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:05 am

Very tough figure indeed!

As James said, the Hong Kong COO, the bright yellow stripes down the pants, and the pale yellow eyes with reddish brown pupils are also the things I look for.

Pics provided by Ozio:

Admiral Ackbar: Lili Ledy on the right
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 DSC08187

Admiral Ackbar: Lili Ledy on the right
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 DSC08188

More Ledy traits: the lighter red head and glossy arms? (see the discussion below)

Dr Dengar wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
llseeker wrote:

1. The ackbar pictured is not LL. LL has lighter red head and the paint on the arms is shiny and a little glossy.

Carlos

Thats just wrong! Common mistake on the LL Ackbar! The light red head and shiny arms is pictured in many Ledy guides....but its a normal production figure you can get every day on ebay ! The true Ledy Ackbar is prety unspectacular and I think thats the reason why always this certain variant is called Ledy...but its wrong!

The one pictured could be a ledy....not sure...and to lazy to search mine to compare! Its a pretty tricky figure...but it looks good from mind!

Wolff

The discussion about Ackbar has not yield a conclusive answer yet. Carlos was so kind to send me some pics of his Ackbars.
I hope they will shed some better light on this issue.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 DSC01681

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 DSC01680

I pictured 2 LL ackbars (the 2 on the left) and you will see that one of them has slightly brownish/red arms (1st from the left) and the other has red arms (2nd from the left). The 3rd from the left is a no coo (supposedly made in Macao) fig and the 4th from the left is a regular HK coo Kenner dude.

Clearly the LL's heads are lighter red as you can also see in the MOC example.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Goldfish

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Damn, Admiral Ackbar is really a tricky figure :idea:

About Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard from Lili Ledy.

Is this stamp a positiv ID ?

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_10
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Congrats Lars, that is a Ledy Lando Skiff!
Unlike Ackbar this figure has an unique Ledy COO not shared by Kenner, which makes it relatively easy to spot him. He has also a darker skin (hands, face).

Lando Skiff: Lili Ledy on the right
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 IMG_4682

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:08 am

Thanks, I have never collected Lili Ledy and I have had this figure for years just thinking this was a normal lando skiff guard figure.

But again there is nothing there is normal with all those variants.

I think I will begin to collect Lili Ledy bounce

Maybe I have more Lili Ledy figure without knowing it.

Thanks again for all the help, before I joined the forum I did not know much about all those variants.

Any more info about my Ackbar ? or is it just a kenner ?

About Lando Skiff Guard is there any special weapon and helmet for him ?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:51 am

I think your Ackbar is Kenner. The Ledy figures released on Made in Mexico cards can be 'easier' to find ie. Lando skiff. He does have specific accessories : http://www.imperialgunnery.com/helmetsandhoods.htm & vibro axe http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thestaffsaxessection.htm
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks for the info about the helmet and the weapon.

I was lucky again, I found this helmet on a kenner figure and the weapon on a kenner klaatu figure ⭐

I can see there is 2 Lili Ledy Skiff Guard Vibro Axes one with the letter A and one with the letter B

Are they both for Lando ? or else I think my luck ran out for this time dalek

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_11

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_12

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:48 pm

pomse2001 wrote:

I was lucky again

yes you are. You now own a complete Ledy figure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:03 pm

congrats on your first ledy buddy Very Happy

now get a bank loan for the rest matey lol!

jase
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Damn my first Lili Ledy figure and I have had it for years without knowing it :I am stupid: gures

I will search for more Lili Ledy figures in my own collection before I get that Bank Loan, maybe I get lucky again bounce
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:52 pm

hey buddy if that weapon came from a klaatu figure then the klaatu will proberbly be ledy allso it will have most lightley come off a mim card
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:05 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
hey buddy if that weapon came from a klaatu figure then the klaatu will proberbly be ledy allso it will have most lightley come off a mim card

Ohhhh I did thought about that. But the helmet came from a kenner figure.

But I will look into the klaatu figures that I have. I just first need to know how a Lili Ledy Klaatu looks like.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:19 pm

pomse2001 wrote:

But I will look into the klaatu figures that I have. I just first need to know how a Lili Ledy Klaatu looks like.

Congrats Lars on your first Ledy figure, funny it was there all in the time in your collection just waiting to be discovered.

The Ledy Klaatu is easy to pick out cause he has a furry skirt. I think most MIM Klaatus came with a Kenner skirt, or with a flat Ledy skirt when you were lucky. Check his entry on page 6 of this thread.

Klaatu: Lili Ledy on the right
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 IMG_3728

Lili Ledy Klaatu: Flat fur with leather belt (thx Jason!)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Img_1254

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks again guys, sorry no luck with the Klaatu :noooooo:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:48 am

pomse2001 wrote:

No worries Lars, just keep a close look on the classifieds and ebay. He appears quite regularly, well at least for a Ledy. Very Happy

Next figure entry is to celebrate your newly discovered Ledy Lando Skiff.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:52 am

Lando Skiff Guard

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_20

COO guide for Lando Skiff: No. 4 is unique for Lili Ledy
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_12

NOTE:

• The Ledy Lando Skiff has an unique COO (no. 4). In the pics below a comparison is made with a Kenner Lando Skiff having COO no. 3.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_21

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_22

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_23

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_24

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_25

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_26

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner (no COO) counterpart, the Ledy Lando Skiff has:
- a differently sculpted left thumb (see pic below)
- a darker skin (face, hands)
- a darker matt brown instead of glossy light brown leather jacket
- creamier pants
- glossy instead of matt brown boots
- an unique COO (COO no. 4).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_27

ACCESSORIES

• The Ledy Lando Skiff came with a darker grey vibroblade which is made from a different mould compared to its Kenner counterpart. The Ledy vibroblade has a thicker blade and top compared to Kenner.
    In addition the Ledy vibroblade can have a small "A" or "B", but also appears w/o any letter.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_28

Ledy (left), Kenner (right). Note the thicker blade and top for the Ledy vibroblade. (Pic kindly provided by Starwizz)
    4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 P1000511

• The Ledy Lando Skiff wears a helmet which is lighter brown compared to the Kenner helmet. The helmet has mould circles which differ from the Kenner version.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_29

LEDY VARIATIONS
There is an interesting variation of the Ledy Lando Skiff wearing gold instead of silver armour. Whether this is a true variation or caused by discolouration of the silver dye is still under debate. It looks cool anyway. Very Happy

Lili Ledy Lando Skiff Guards: Silver (left) and golden (right) chest plate.
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 Lando_30

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:10 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

No worries Lars, just keep a close look on the classifieds and ebay. He appears quite regularly, well at least for a Ledy. Very Happy

Next figure entry is to celebrate your newly discovered Ledy Lando Skiff.

Thanks again, I will try to look after it Very Happy but first I will try to ID all my other figures. Maybe I have more Lili Ledy figures in my collection.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:13 am

An info about how to ID the Lili Ledy Biker scout ?

I think I have a Lili Ledy Biker Scout, but I am not sure.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:30 am

The Ledy Biker Scout is easy to identify. Apart from an unique COO he has a short mouth.

Biker Scouts: Ledy on the right
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 IMG_4578
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next