The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:17 am

Damn I found 3 Biker Scouts in my collection with a small mouth are they all Lili Ledy ?

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Sta60013
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:45 am

Sure they are!! Your luck didn't run out yet. Very Happy

Double check: do they all have the COO as seen below?

Biker Scout COOs: Ledy on the right
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 IMG_4587

Difficult to see but you might even have two different variants among these three figures.

Can you make some close ups of the belly areas for these three figures pls? The wrinkles in the belly as well as the shape of the "V" buckle tell you which variant you are dealing with.

Maybe you are really lucky and can find a dark grey Biker Scout blaster as well.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Here is the pictures you asked for. For me they all look like variants. Some also shine more than others.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Sta60014

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Sta60015

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Sta60016

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Sta60016
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks for the pictures Lars.

The COO is correct as expected. I have once seen pics of a short mask Biker Scout with a different COO (Hong Kong), but this was probably a head swap.

The black paint on Biker Scout can be matt or glossy. You see that often with black paint applied on Ledy figures. For instance the boots of Madine, the belt of AT-ST driver, the eye patch of Prune Face, and probably many more examples.

Your Scouts all have the same mould having 5 belly wrinkles in total. The two other molds have 4 and 7 wrinkles.

Have you already searched for the dark grey blaster in your collection?

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Marco,
I love to read your threads, well done!!!
Keep on doing such a great Job!!!
Thanks
Javi
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Ola Javi,

muchas gracias por sus elogios, y bueno verte escribiendo aquí. Very Happy

Do you have a PBP Ben Kenobi in your collection by any chance?. I was just wondering whether the traits indicated below are common for PBP/Ledy.
  • Extended index finger
  • Thicker sole
  • Extended left foot

Other members are also very much welcomed to check their PBP-Ledy Bens off course and post the outcome here.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Slide15

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 4:52 am

I have maid some better pictures and searched the figures as good as I can.

Figure 1.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 A110

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 A210

1. The knee is smaller, especially the V on the top of the knee.

2. There is only one line over the 2 lines on the stomach.

3. The V is smaller on the belt it does not fill out the square.

4. The legs are very spread.

Figure 2.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 B110

1. The knee is bigger, especially the V on the top of the knee.

2. There is 2 lines over the 2 other lines on the stomach.

3. The V is bigger on the belt it does fill out the square.

4. The legs are not as spread as figure 1.

Figure 3.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 C10

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 C110

Is mostly the same as figure 2. But.

1. The legs are not very spread as figure 1 and 2 is.

2. The V on the belt is not as high as the V on figure 2 but it fills out the square. But the square does not look as high as the one on figure 2.

3. The big line in the center of the stomach goes not as high up on the stomach as on figure 1 and 2.

Sorry about the bad pictures it is very hard to take good pictures of those figures.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:18 am

Hi Lars,

Thanks for posting. You are still lucky. Why?

Based upon the belly wrinkels, and "V" buckle, I can now clearly see two different variants.
  • Figure 1: 4 belly wrinkles (Ledy mould no. 3)
  • Figure 2: 5 belly wrinkles (Ledy mould no. 2)
  • Figure 3: 5 belly wrinkles (Ledy mould no. 2)

All other small differences you noted (stance, deeper lines etc.) are probably due to small batch to bacth variations during the production process using the same mould and/or ageing of the mould.

See the overview pic below, starring Dan's (aka swvintagefan) and James's (aka aussiejames) Biker Scout figures.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Slide26_20

BTW: In the pics you posted yesterday I can only see the 5 wrinkles version for all three figures. Maybe a small mistake while copying your pics into the post?

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:29 am

Hi again I can see I do not have no. 1 Sad

I just found out something more.

On the heel on each leg on each figure there is a little no. It is very hard to see and hard to take pictures of.

on figure 1 left heel no. 1 right heel no. 2

on figure 2 left heel no. 3 right heel no. 4.

on figure 3 left heel no. 7 right heel no. 6

Very strange.

Is there no. on the figures you have ?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:45 am

This is exactly what I like about discussing things in this thread, we both have learned something at the end of the day!!!

I never saw these numbers before, but they are there for certain. Very Happy
My Biker Scout has Mould no.2 (5 belly wrinkles) and judged from the picture (use CTRL + mouse wheel to magnify), I would say for my figure:
- left heel: no number,
- right heel: no. 8.

Biker Scout COOs: Ledy on the right
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 IMG_4587

I guess these numbers were used to indicate the different leg moulds which were used during production. In this way Quality Control could trace possible artifacts back to the specific leg mould. You see numbers on many accessories, but I have never seen them on the figures themselves.

Great small discovery, Lars!!!

BTW: The Taiwan figure in the pic doesn't have any numbers on the heels.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:11 am

I have tried to take pictures of the no. but I can't get the no. on the pictures maybe I do it wrong or my camera is not as good as the one you have.

But then I must have 3 variants of this figure ?

I could only find one Lili Ledy Gun Sad

But on the other side some days ago I did not know that I had Lili Ledy figures.

And now I have total 4 Lili Ledy figures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:29 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
This is exactly what I like about discussing things in this thread, we both have learned something at the end of the day!!!

Not just you two, I'm loving all this great info your discovering Marco, Well spoted pomse Very Happy
That means there's a hell of a lot of Ledy biker variant possibility's. This also explains why a lot of the figures I have in my collection have the same coos but slightly different positions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:30 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Ola Javi,

muchas gracias por sus elogios, y bueno verte escribiendo aquí. Very Happy

Do you have a PBP Ben Kenobi in your collection by any chance?. I was just wondering whether the traits indicated below are common for PBP/Ledy.
  • Extended index finger
  • Thicker sole
  • Extended left foot

Other members are also very much welcomed to check their PBP-Ledy Bens off course and post the outcome here.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Slide15

Hi Marco ,
i do have The PBP Kenobi and is almost the same as LL figure.A while back i had both in hands and i couldnt see any major differences.
Hope this helps
Thanks
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:37 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Lars,

Thanks for posting. You are still lucky. Why?

Based upon the belly wrinkels, and "V" buckle, I can now clearly see two different variants.
  • Figure 1: 4 belly wrinkles (Ledy mould no. 3)
  • Figure 2: 5 belly wrinkles (Ledy mould no. 2)
  • Figure 3: 5 belly wrinkles (Ledy mould no. 2)

All other small differences you noted (stance, deeper lines etc.) are probably due to small batch to bacth variations during the production process using the same mould and/or ageing of the mould.

See the overview pic below, starring Dan's (aka swvintagefan) and James's (aka aussiejames) Biker Scout figures.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Slide26_20

BTW: In the pics you posted yesterday I can only see the 5 wrinkles version for all three figures. Maybe a small mistake while copying your pics into the post?

At some point in the past i had 4 different sculpted LL bikers( now i just keep one of them), i must have a comparison pict somewhere in my PC...
BTW:A mexican collector friend of mine saw me once a pict with 6 different sculpted torsos for the LL bikers...
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:10 am

javiswspain wrote:

Hi Marco ,
i do have The PBP Kenobi and is almost the same as LL figure.A while back i had both in hands and i couldnt see any major differences.
Hope this helps
Thanks

And do they both have
  • Extended index finger
  • Thicker sole
  • Extended left foot?

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:11 am

javiswspain wrote:

At some point in the past i had 4 different sculpted LL bikers( now i just keep one of them), i must have a comparison pict somewhere in my PC...
BTW:A mexican collector friend of mine saw me once a pict with 6 different sculpted torsos for the LL bikers...

Interesting stuff Javi, I hope you can find these pics and post them here.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:14 pm

snaggletooth wrote:

That means there's a hell of a lot of Ledy biker variant possibility's. This also explains why a lot of the figures I have in my collection have the same coos but slightly different positions. Very Happy

You may be right there Scott, let's calculate

• Right leg: 9 possibilities (-, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 on heel). Note: just assuming all these numers exist on the heels.
  • Left leg: 9 possibilities (-, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 on heel)
  • Torso: 3 possibilities (4,5,7 belly wrinkles). Note: there might be even more than 3 torso versions, see Javi´s post.

So in total: 9 x 9 x 3 = 243 new Ledy Biker Scout variations. affraid

Bored variant collectors can now enter a whole new field of ´number´ variants which will be almost impossible to complete and give you a lifetime challenge. Very Happy

Personally I pass, I am already satisfied when I have all torso variantions.

Besides it would also take too much space, in the end the complete Ledy Biker Scout variants collection, would look something like this:

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 Arrival-ROTJ

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:36 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

You may be right there Scott, let's calculate

• Right leg: 9 possibilities (-, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 on heel). Note: just assuming all these numers exist on the heels.
  • Left leg: 9 possibilities (-, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 on heel)
  • Torso: 3 possibilities (4,5,7 belly wrinkles). Note: there might be even more than 3 torso versions, see Javi´s post.

So in total: 9 x 9 x 3 = 243 new Ledy Biker Scout variations. affraid

Bored variant collectors can now enter a whole new field of ´number´ variants which will be almost impossible to complete and give you a lifetime challenge. Very Happy

Personally I pass, I am already satisfied when I have all torso variantions.

I don't think I'll be hunting them down either mate, 243 that's just ridiculous but cool to know Very Happy I'll will go for the Torso variants Though, thanks for doing the math Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:49 am

Thanks again guys,

243 variants sounds crazy affraid

It could be great to know which no. other guys have on the legs on the biker scout ?

I think some no. combinations would not be found on some figures. Because 2 left leg or 2 right legs would not be on the same figure.

On the 3 figures I have I can see besides the no. there is also some paint difference and some other details on the legs.

The knee is smaller on no. 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:38 am

pomse2001 wrote:

It could be great to know which no. other guys have on the legs on the biker scout ?

Yes I am also interested in the different numbers used on the legs. I am also wondering whether these numbers were exclusive for the Ledy Biker Scout.

pomse2001 wrote:

I think some no. combinations would not be found on some figures. Because 2 left leg or 2 right legs would not be on the same figure.

My small calculation excluded figures having two right or left legs, otherwise you would end up with even more variants (486!!). Very Happy

pomse2001 wrote:

On the 3 figures I have I can see besides the no. there is also some paint difference and some other details on the legs.

The knee is smaller on no. 1 and 2.

Are you sure these legs have different moulds (apart from the numbers on the heels). It is not just the paint apllication?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:25 am

Yes I am sure about the Moulds on the Knee, It is the White part and that is not paint.

About paint, I was very unlucky yesterday with one of the Biker Scouts. I would like to take some great pictures of them with a blaster in the hand.

The 3rd and last lili ledy figure when I placed the gun on the hand, some of the black paint bagan to fall off head bang

Have any of you seen this before ? could it be bad mexican paint ?

But just a warning do not place guns in the hands of the Lili Ledy Bikers Scout Figures Sad
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi again guys I found those 2 variants in my collections could one of them be Lili Ledy ?

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 1001010
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:51 pm

from page1 Wink
aussiejames wrote:
Paploo: darker eyes,nose & mouth( feathers are less pink??)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 SDC11819
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 SDC11818
but all Paploo & Lumats were made in Mexico so there is probably no Ledy variant, they are all Ledy just same may have some factory differences ( & poor qulity control)
There is also versions with belt colour differences
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:25 am

Thanks again.

So all Lumat and Paploo is lili ledy.

So if I have a kenner card of a figure that is made in mexico then it is a lili ledy figure ?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:35 am

pomse2001 wrote:

So if I have a kenner card of a figure that is made in mexico then it is a lili ledy figure ?
yes, but the accessories may be Kenner Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next