The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empty
PostSubject: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:11 pm

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD

PART I

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ledy_b10

(Part II of the Lili Ledy Thread can be found here ).

TABLE OF CONTENTS

INTRODUCTION

Have you ever purchased a figure assuming it was Lili Ledy because of the matching Country of Origin (COO), but in the end it appeared to be Kenner? It happened to me a few times (Ackbar, Chewbacca, Rancor Keeper). Sad 
Thanks to the knowledge of fellow TIG members the figures were ‘unmasked’, because they have slightly different paintings compared to LL figures.

Maybe some of you share the same experience and therefore I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread filled with side by side pics of Lili Ledy and Kenner figures to allow a good comparison and initiate discussions.  

WHAT IS LILI LEDY?

Lili Ledy was a toy company in Mexico that acquired a license to produce the 3 3/4"line of Star Wars toys in 1982. The reason Kenner did not just export figures to Mexico was because of Mexican's protectionist trading laws at that moment, stating that toys for the Mexican market had to be produced in Mexico. After a successful market test with a limited set of figures on “Imperio Contraataca” cards, Lili Ledy decided to produce Star Wars action figures on the larger scale. By the end of 1985, Lili Ledy had produced no less than 50 different figures for the 3 3/4" line.

The reason Lili Ledy figures (in short Ledy or  LL figures) are so interesting to collectors is that they are different compared to Kenner figures. The differences can be obvious or more subtle and reflect the used sculpt, plastic, paint or accessories (capes, weapons, etc.).

Some examples just to give you an idea how Ledy figures can differ compared to Kenner:

• Sculpt:
    - Short instead of long mask Biker Scout
    - Unique COO for Nien Numb
  • Plastic:  
    - Hard (more detailed) instead of soft torso Stromtrooper
    - Tanned instead of pinkish moulded face for Leia Boushh
  • Paint:
    - Unpainted wrist button for Star Destroyer Commander
    - Almond instead of round sprayed eyes for Jawa
    - Vibrant yellow instead of pale yellow boots for Cloud Car Pilot
  • Accessory:
    - Lightsaber with thicker tip for Darth Vader and Ben Kenobi
    - Burgundy instead of gray cape for Bib Fortuna

These and many other differences will be discussed in the entries for the Lili Ledy figures in this thread. Figures which have been discussed are indicated in yellow in the listings below. Just click on the hyperlink to go to the figure's entry.

WHAT IS A COO?

COO stands for Country of Origin. However in the context of this thread (and many other threads) it had a broadened meaning and stands for any combination of marks on the figures indicating:

1) Country where the figure was produced, for instance;
- "China"
- "Hong Kong"
- "Japan"
- "Macau"
- "Made n China"
- "Made in Hong Kong"
- "Made in Macao"
- "Made in Taiwan"
- "Taiwan"
- or no country mentioned ("no COO"). In this case the country designation may be 'scratched' away from the steel mould or was never applied in the first place (this is the case for the last 17 figures).  

2) Copyright , for instance:
- "©️ L.F.L." (Lucas Film Ltd.)
- "G.M.F.G.I." (General Mills Fun Group, Inc.)
- "©️ C.P.G." (Consumer Product Group, of which GMFGI was a branch)

3) Year, for instance 1977, 1980, 1985.

LILI LEDY FIGURES SHARING THE SAME COO AS KENNER

On top is a list of Lili Ledy figures that were produced from steel moulds that were also used by Kenner.
This means that these Ledy figures CAN NOT be distinguished from Kenner figures by solely looking at the COO or sculpt. The unique differences are therefore to be sought in the used plastic, paint and accessories.
One more thing: Forget about the myth still being spread by some ebay sellers that a no COO is an unique identifier for Lili Ledy figures. It is just plain wrong.

So to give you an example: A Ben Kenobi with an extended right index finger and COO #7 in Wolff’s guide might be a Ledy figure but chances are higher it is a Kenner figure which was produced from the same steel mould. The paint of the eyes and the beard should therefore be the specific Ledy traits here which help you to decide: Ledy or Kenner?

Most plastic accessories (guns, sabers, staffs) that came with the figures in the top list, were produced from moulds that were also used by Kenner. This means that these Ledy weapons can only be distinguished from their Kenner counterparts based upon (subtle) differences in the used plastic. A few examples to give you an idea:

• Colour difference:
    - Leia Poncho grey instead of blue gun
    - Nikto dark grey instead of light grey vibroblade
    - Han Solo Trech Coat black gun
  • Appearance:        
    - Matt instead of glossy Ackbar staff
    - Matt instead of glossy Boushh rifle

LILI LEDY FIGURES HAVING AN UNIQUE COO COMPARED TO KENNER

On top is a list of Lili Ledy figures that were produced from unique steel moulds that were NOT used by Kenner before.
This means that these Ledy figures CAN be distinguished from Kenner figures by looking at the unique COO and sometimes sculpt. Besides there may be unique differences in the used plastic, paint and accessories.

Interestingly all these Ledy figures were also exported to the US on Kenner’s “Made in Mexico” cards (see further).

The plastic accessories for these figures were cast from moulds that are different compared to their Kenner counterparts, which gives them an unique Ledy sculpt. Check it out:
- Biker Scout: unique gun mould, mostly with small “A”, “B”, "D"
- Chief Chirpa: unique staff having small “LL”
- Darth Vader: unique thicker saber tip
- Gammorean Guard: unique shorter axe
- Lando Skiff: unique thicker vibroblade, mostly with a small “A”, “B”
- Logray: unique hood mould (different number inside), unique staff and pouche both with small “LL”
- Lumat: figure and its accessories were only produced by Ledy, so all Ledy unique
- Paploo: same
- Ree Yees: unique gun mould with little “Y”, “S”, “W”
- Nien Nunb: unique gun mould with little “L”, “I”
- Squid Head: Unique belt mould with small "LL" on the inside. NO unique gun mould
- Yoda: This figure is the exception that proves the rule, as the moulds used for the snake, cane, and belt were also used by Kenner.

REMARK: The mould of some of these accessories were also used to produce weapons for other figures:
- Chief Chirpa's staff was used for The Emperor and Wicket (both cast in differently coloured plastic)
- Darth Vader's saber was used for Ben Kenobi (cast in blue plastic)
- Lando Skiff's vibroblade was used for Klaatu, Klaatu Skiff, and Weequay
- Nien Nunb's gun was used for Jawa, and TIE Fighter Pilot

SPECIAL FEATURES

COO DIFFERENCES

SMALL COO DIFFERENCES FOR ONE FIGURE:
For most Ledy figures (and their Kenner counterparts as well) there exist COOs with only minimal differences. Most likely they indicate steel moulds that travelled together and were used in parallel during production of the figures in a factory. Therefore they do not seem to match with any other visible differences (for instance paint applications).

These small COO differences occur for instance for:
-Bib Fortuna
-Boba Fett (scar and split scar)
-C-3PO (two line COO with and w/o dent)
-Cloud Car Pilot
-Luke Jedi
-Nikto
-Teebo
-TIE Fighther Pilot (different scars from the same 'mother' COO)

Example of small COO differences for Luke Jedi: Position of "MADE IN HONG KONG" slightly shifted along the leg
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ledy_c10

To give you a bit more background on this topic, below are a few quotes from Wolff's thread on RS: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072470/

Wolff wrote:
I have no proof of the following but to me it makes totally sense: The steel-molds were the original ones, the ones the first shots were made from. These were duplicated in steel, aluminium or brass. Aluminium and brass are more easy to work with because they are much „softer“ then steel. Especially for the limbs (very soft plastic, less wear) no steel molds were necessary. In aluminium or also brass it would be possible to stamp the coos in with a lettering sytem similar to old printing systems. You have all letters made in steel which can be set together in the way you want them and get „hammered“ into the molds. Therefore you would need softer materials then steal and it would explain many nearly similar COOs which just one letter out of line next to one where all letters are in line or another letter which is out of line.
Wolff wrote:
Another aspect from the coo-family is: Same mold but slightly different coo. Regarding the LXW again there can be two slightly different HK coos found. These 2 molds always traveled together and also were altered together.
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COOs FOR ONE FIGURE:

Some Ledy figures appear with completely different COOs. In some cases the different COOs match with differences in paint applications as well.
Examples:
- C-3PO (2 line and 3-line COO)
- C-3PO Removable Limbs (Hong Kong and no COO)
- Darth Vader (Hong Kong and no COO)
- Han Solo Bespin (Hong Kong and no COO)
- Leia Bespin (China and Hong Kong)
- Luke Bespin (no COO raised bar and no COO smoothly deleted)
- R2D2 (Hong Kong 1977 and no COO 1978)
- Yoda (Honk Kong and no COO)

Interestingly most of these figures were also released on the early “Imperio Contraataca” (ESB) cards. Maybe some of the COOs are linked to these early releases.  :scratch:

Lili Ledy ESB 10-back. Back. (Picture from SWCA)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Pbucket

MADE IN MEXICO (MIM) FIGURES

In the 80s, Kenner exported overstock accessories to Mexico to be packed together with Lili Ledy figures on “Made in Mexico’ (MIM) cards which were subsequently exported back to the US. The following figures were packed on MIM cards:

Made in Mexico (MIM) cards (pic made by Rog)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Madein10

There is a theory stating that Lili Ledy raised (had to raise?) her quality standards for these MIM figures as they were meant for the US market. This would have resulted in the usage of a better quality plastic and better paint apps. However so far this theory has never been supported by convincing evidence. The common view is therefore that the differences between Lili Ledy figures and MIM figures if any are not significant enough to make a real distinction. See for instance the quote below:

_Rog_ wrote:

As mentioned in that thread I don’t own all the Lili Ledy guys that correspond with my MIM figures but from what I have gathered, Gam. Guard, Nien Nunb, Chirpa, Logray, Lando Calrissian, Ree Yees, Darth Vader, Paploo & Lumat are all pretty much the same. There may be slight differences in quality of finish between MIM & Ledy with MIM being slightly better, but I’m guessing if you took the nicest Ledy Chirpa for example and stood it next to the worst MIM Chief, they would be equal in quality (the LL might even be better!).
So once a figure was pulled from its card – either Ledy or MIM - you basically ended up with a loose Lili Ledy figure. Only the accessories on the cards might differ. On MIM cards you could have Ledy or Kenner accessories, or even a combination of both.

You can read more about this subject in these interesting treads here and here.

BOXED LILI LEDY ITEMS

JOIN THE LEDY DISCUSSIONS!!

The information in this thread is neither complete nor presents you the absolute truth on Ledy figures. There is still a lot unclear and left open for discussions. Also when something is plain wrong, just chime in and let us know.
Basically the main goal of this thread is therefore not merely providing an overview of Ledy figures but rather provide a starting point from which we can initiate discussions, in order to extend our common Ledy knowledge at the end of the day.
Questions/discussion points are indicated in green throughout the thread, let's hope we get some answers here soon!  bounce
Don’t be shy, and keep the discussion going here!.

USEFUL LILI LEDY LINKS

A list of links which I found useful when preparing the entries:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/lili-ledy-variants/   NEW
http://www.rebelscum.com/lili-ledy.asp
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t999154/#post16906903
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t869-lili-ledy-merged-topics?highlight=ledy
http://www.spnet.ne.jp/~swcoll/06other/04lililedy/01lililedy.htm
http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3812
http://www.starswar.eu/variant/contents/lililedy.html

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

This thread is setup to gather information around Ledy figures, present it in an easy format and initiate discussions so we can even learn more. It is a huge task, and I am very lucky I am not alone in trying to accomplish it. This is a is a joint effort of many TIG members who contribute in various ways, either behind the screens via mails or by posting in the thread. I would like to thank all of you for contributing and hope you are going to contribute more in the future.

A speciaI word of thanks for Ozio, for sharing his vast Ledy knowledge with me and for all the interesting discussions we have in mails. I meanwhile consider you a real friend, and hope we can meet in real life one day. I thank Wolff, the man who brought us the COO guide, which I used thankfully as the fundament of all figure entries. I thank Uli, Dan, and Rob for all the interesting Ledy discussions we had in the DEV section, mails and in chats in the first half of 2011. I miss you guys, please chime in now and then! I thank AJ for being one of the most active posters in this thread who keeps the discussions going on.

Thanks guys!

Marco

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 124 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Great thread  Smile  I've had the EXACT same experiences with exactly the same figures.  Chewbacca LL eyes are also grey/blue?  Zuckuss silver belly paint is from a China baggie ?  Ben (swscout) has mentioned it could be LL as well - I'm not so sure.  Nikto LL hands lighter brown as well
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11718
Ledy on the left
LL Ackbar is a really difficult figure to determine IMO

http://lacovacha.mx/noticias/librosla-guerra-de-las-galaxias-star-wars/

Last edited by aussiejames on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:06 am

I'm having the same problem with Chewy myself. I'm still not sure if mines Ledy or a Euro version of it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 pm

ADMIRAL ACKBAR
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Admira10

COO guide for Admiral Ackbar
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Admira23

NOTE: COO #1 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.

COO #1

Admiral Ackbar COO#1: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira10

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira11

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira12

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira13

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira14

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira15

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira16

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira17

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira18

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Ackbar has:
- Reddish brown in stead of black pupils
- A paler red and more glossy head
- Brighter yellow eyes *
- 'Rusty' darker red claws *
- Brighter yellow stripes down the pants *

*) Also Kenner figures can have these traits, see for example Figure 4 in the pics below.

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Small Variations:
The small paint differences between the two (2 & 3) Ackbar figures (size of the pupil, exact colour of the reddish brown pupil) which can be seen in the pictures below are due to small batch to batch variations in the Ackbar line.
Two Kenner figures (1 & 4) were also included for comparison. Note that figure 4 has similar traits as a Ledy Ackbar (brighter yellow eyes, darker red claws, bright yellow strips down the pants) but is considered a Kenner figure nonetheless as he lacks the reddish brown pupils and the paler red head. See also the discussion starting on page 53 of this thread.

Comparison between Ackbar figures with COO #1. From left to right: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Ledy), 3(Ledy), 4 (Kenner).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira19

Comparison between Ackbar figures with COO #1. From left to right: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Ledy), 3(Ledy), 4 (Kenner).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira20

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira21

Comparison between Ackbar figures with COO #1. Counterclockwise starting at the top: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Ledy), 3 (Ledy), 4 (Kenner).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira22

Comparison between Ackbar figures with COO #1. Counterclockwise starting at the top: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Ledy), 3 (Ledy), 4 (Kenner).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira23

ACCESSORIES

STAFF:

The LL Ackbar carries a staff which is made from the same mould as its Kenner counterpart. The only difference I observed is that the plastic of the Ledy staff seems to be matt.  

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Abmira24

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:44 pm

EDIT: Moved the complete text to the first post, to have a better introduction to this thread.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:01 pm

REE YEES
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Reyes_10

COO guide for Ree Yees
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye11

NOTE: COO #5 is unique for Lili Ledy.

COO #5

NOTE: The comparison pics below were made with a Kenner figure having COO #4.

Ree Yees: Kenner COO #4 (left), Lili Ledy COO #5 (right)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye10

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye11

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye12

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye13

DIFFERENCES
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Ree Yees has:
- a paler skin: head, neck, hands
- bigger eyes
- glossy dark green instead of matt green boots. Note: The LL Ree Yees also appeared with brown boots, see below.
- an unique COO #5

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Major Variations:

The Ledy Ree Yees can have green or brown boots. See the pics below.

Lili Ledy Ree Yees: Green boots (left) and brown boots (right)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye14

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye15

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye16

ACCESSORIES

GUN:

The LL Ree Yees carries a gun which has a different mould compared to its Kenner counterpart. The gun has a "Y", "S" or "W" on its grip.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ree_ye17

(Ree Yees right at the start of this video)

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:07 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 pm

WEEQUAY
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa10

COO guide for Weequay
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa11

NOTE: COO #2 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.

COO #2

Weequay COO #2: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa11

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa12

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa13

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa14

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Lili Ledy Weequay has:
- a bit darker brown head.
- a more glossy darker grey 'pony tail'.
- a different more greenish blue on the arms (comparable to the blue used for Nikto´s jacket)  

ACCESSORIES

VIBROBLADE:

The LL Weequay carries a darker grey vibroblade which is made from a different mould compared to its Kenner counterpart. The Ledy vibroblade has a thicker blade and top compared to Kenner.
In addition the Ledy vibroblade can have a small "A" or "B", but also appears w/o any letter.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa15

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Weequa16

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:15 pm

WICKET
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket10

COO guide for Wicket
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket12

NOTE: COO #2 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.

COO #2

Wicket COO #2: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket11

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket12

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket13

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket14

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Lili Ledy wicket has grey in stead of brown eyes, mouth, and nose.

ACCESSORIES

STICK:
The LL Wicket carries a caramel Chief Chirpa stick which has a different mould compared to its Kenner counterpart. The stick has a small "L".

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket15

HOOD:
The LL Wicket carries a hood with a mould circle inside. The same mould was also used by Kenner for figures having COO #2. REMARK: Kenner also issued a hood with mould numbers inside, it came with the Taiwan COO.
Compared to the Kenner hood (with mould circle!) the Ledy hood is a shade lighter. Sometimes there are remainings of the tacky bright yellow paint inside which was used for Wicket's face.

Lili Ledy Wicket Hood (pic made by Ozio)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket16

Lili Ledy Wicket Hood (pic made by Ozio)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Wicket17

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Awesome thread Marco!!

BTW your pictures are superb bro!

Im going to follow the thread with interest!

I do hope to kick on with adding new figures to the Lili Ledy Guide in the new year we may even get chance to add 1 or 2 before Xmas Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm with Jay in saying I'll be watching. Ledy collecting certainly takes a trained eye so collaborating with fellow collectors is great

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:10 pm

snagbar wrote:
got these two versions of the LL
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Leekmarket007
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Leekmarket005
so there may be a 'variation'
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks for posting those pics James!
From the pics it looks like there might be two Lili Ledy versions of Ree Yees, as the COO should be unique to Ledy according to the guide. Jason (sacko) mentioned me the other day there are indeed two versions, with the boots being green or brown.

Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Here are pictures of the Rancor Keeper:

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ll_ran10

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ll_ran11

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Ll_ran12

Uli
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:40 am

I'm never sure with the Rebel Commander (LL on left ?)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11807
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11808

Rebo band:
LL bigger spots, skirt is not as flexible
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11810
LL paint darker
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11811
LL is darker grey, keys are darker, dull bronze not gold
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11812
no COO & different mold circles
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11813

vs Kenner
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11814

LL different eys & limbs usually don't fade
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11809
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Paploo: darker eyes,nose & mouth( feathers are less pink??)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11819
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 SDC11818
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Uli and James, great that you posted pics of some of the other figures in the list. Nice cooperation!

Also the differences between the Kenner and Lili Ledy Paploo became suddenly very clear now.

Keep on posting guys!.

Tomorrow I will post some pics of the Emperor.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:08 am

THE EMPEROR
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero10

COO guide for The Emperor
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero22

NOTE: COO #2, #3, and #4 differ only in very subtle ways with respect to the exact position of the symbols in “© LFL 1984”. They therefore belong to the same COO family and do not indicate any mould differences. All Lili Ledy Emperors in my collection have COO #4 (‘’©” is at the same level as “LFL”).
Maybe Lili Ledy also used the steelmoulds for COO #2 (no space between “©” and “L”) and COO #3 (“©” is upshifted relative to “LFL”) So in case you have a Ledy Emperor with COO #2 or #3, please post pics in this thread.

IMPORTANT:
COO #4 is not unique to Lili Ledy, it was also used by Kenner!! Only the figures which were released on MIM cards have an unique COO (you can read more about this in the Introduction on the first page of this thread).

COO #4

Emperor: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #4 (middle), Lili Ledy COO #4 (right).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero11

Emperor: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #4 (middle), Lili Ledy COO #4 (right).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero12

Emperor: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #4 (right).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero13

Lili Ledy Emperors with COO #4 (same two figures as in the pictures shown above).
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero14

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Emperor has:
- A darker grey cloak
- Glossy in stead of matt white paint on face and hands

The COO #4 on the Ledy Emperor looks a bit worn with less details. For instance the ‘©’ is more like a big dot and you can hardly recognize the “c” anymore. Similar worn or weathered moulds have also been observed for the Lili Ledy Yoda and Gamorrean Guard. It might indicate that Lili Ledy used old steel moulds which were used for full scale production in the Far East before. It might also be an artifact during casting of the figures due to different processing conditions and/or  a different composition of the plastics used by Lili Ledy.

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Small Variations:
The small paint differences between the different Emperor figures (bright or pale yellow eyes, size of the pupils) which can be seen in the pictures below are due to small batch to batch variations in the Emperor line.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero15

ACCESSORIES

STAFF:
The LL Emperor carries a black Chief Chirpa staff which has a different mould compared to its Kenner counterpart. The stick has a small "L".

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Empero16

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:36 am

Fantastic thread Marco!

Jason
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:21 pm

SY SNOOTLES and the REBO BAND
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Band10

SY SNOOTLES
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Sy_sno11

COO guide for SY SNOOTLES
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Sy_sno10
Note: COO #1 and 2 have only slight differences and are from the same family and therefore can both exist on ledy figures.  The only difference between the two is the spacing on the left leg.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 QulQjE1
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Vr5frID
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 1ckUlkK
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from UK)

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy SY Snootles has:
* Pale Yellow Skin
* Pale blue spots
* Unique spray mask for spots
* Cream head feather
* Round Eyes

ACCESSORIES

SKIRT:
The LL SY SNOOTLES wears a skirt the same as kenner.  The ledy skirt has been confirmed to have the letter “A” on the front inside of it. Other letters may exist??  The skirt plastic feels stiffer than the kenner counter part and appears slightly lighter brown (though this may be batch to batch difference in plastic as it is very subtle)

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 7kgRB2N
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Silver from UK).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 GliOnd1
Centre: COO #1 (Lili Ledy).

SY SNOOTLES Mic

The ledy Sy Snootles uses a mic the same as kenner figures.  The ledy mic is silver in color, has 2 mold circles on the left aside and the top mold circle pushes out.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 JRwQJjY
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Black from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 WcW79fo
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Black from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

DROOPY MCCOOL
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Droopy10

COO guide for Droopy McCool
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Droopy10

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Jiaiboh
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from Spain).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 JDooYML
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from UK).

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Droopy has:
* Darker Flesh
* Darker Pants
* Darker Nose

ACCESSORIES

FLUTE:
The LL Droopy McCool carries a flute the same as kenner.  The flute is black in color.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 BAwhaue
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Silver from Spain), COO #1 (from UK).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 WQV0Ttw
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Silver from Spain), COO #1 (from UK).

Droopy McCool Mic

The ledy Droopy McCool uses a mic the same as kenner figures.  The ledy mic is silver in color, has a mold circle above the base, has a small tip.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 YjAISmD

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 6SAxkfr

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 MLsR0lg

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 EpMXqHX
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Black from Spain), COO #1 (from UK).[/quote]

MAX REBO
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Max_re11

COO guide for Max Rebo
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Max_re10

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 DbW9Bqo

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 3UXqJpS

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Max has:
* Darker Blue, limbs don't fade
* Darker Pink eye detail
* Bigger pupils

ACCESSORIES

PIANO:

The Ledy Max comes with a piano the same as its kenner counterpart.  The ledy piano shows the following characteristics:
* BRONZE Detail around sides
* DARK Grey
* 4 Injector Pin Marks on underside
* NO COO
* MOULD DEFECT inside Max's hole
* ROUGH dimples on paino arm (x6)
* TWO injector pin mark under arm
* THIN outer edge under arm
* WIDE ribs on backrest

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 TLuUToO
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #2 (from UK).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 3pPDBjG
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #2 (from UK).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Br2d3nr
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 NqkAEFS
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Jzqx4Jv
From left to right: COO #2 (from Spain).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Rgf4wNf
From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy).

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 1ZvuS70

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 TyUC1ed

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 TAnXJEH

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To echo Jason this is a cool thread, great work guys and some good photo comparisons.

Adding Stef's Lili Ledy Rebo band guide here.

Last edited by ArtooDetour on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Stef's LL Rebo band guide)
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Thank you for your positive comments guys!

Paul I agree that pic is pretty freaky, but I did not mean to scare you. In case you have nightmares again, just think about other triplets:

[/quote]4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 Dahm_triplets01
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:13 pm

lol!

Marco, thank you, I can now confirm that the nightmares have, indeed, stopped.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:24 am

I don't mean to cause a riot with this post- Dr Dengar- I think your thread is good and helpful , the pictures and overall presentation is great- I am just a bit confused where the TIG ledy guide has gone? It went from number 1 concern to back burner, to a kind of defunct project? - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Ledy-Guide-Homepage-h8.htm

I can't help but think instead of having two threads/guides that are doing an almost identical job - the tig guide could be being worked on and expanded instead? True I don't know whats going on behind closed doors since I am not on the mod team any more but a while back it was top priority and you had shed loads of people helping out and now it seems to have stopped?

Just a thought- why not pool all this together and get things back on track? The tig ledy guide is buried in that tig interactive thing that no-one probably clicks on anyway and it was all coming together so fast!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:37 am

Joe the TIG LL guide involves a lot of computer cutting & codes & shit ( I know nothing about) which takes heaps of time- I'm sure this thread will be used to assist in getting the 'main' guide moving again Smile I'm sure it will become a top priority in the new year.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 am

Cool James, glad it is gonna be worked on again in 2011 I would hate it to be something that gets left unfinished, it was all going so fast back then it seems to have just dried up ( I know its a lot of work but the figures were going up almost every week/2 weeks - did people who were contributing just get bored/snowed under with other things? )

Wouldn't it be an idea to put people like Dr Dengar on the dev team in the new year to pool all the information together for the guide? I know its here to use again in the case of this thread but its nicer having it "unveiled" for us in the guide than just being copied and used for the guide if you know what I mean?

pirat
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 am

Hey Joe, thanks for sharing your concerns here.

I am a big fan of the TIG Lili Ledy guide and I really wish to see it develop into THE complete LL compendium on the net. I am sure it will get there one day, but it will take some time (1-2 years?) because I can imagine it involves - as James said - a lot of photo editing, HTML coding etc. during the development team’s sparse moments of leisure time.

The goal of this thread was to exchange information about LL figures which are hard to identify and therefore might fulfill a current need among fellow collectors. In case this thread existed half year ago I probably wouldn't have bought a Ackbar, Chewie, and Rancor Keeper on ebay which looked and were labelled as Lili Ledy though in the end they were not. Other collectors might share similar experiences with the same or other figures as well.

I hope more TIG members will post their pics in this thread so we will have some sort of a community built quick LL reference guide very soon. The advantage of this thread is the speed at which it can develop into a 'quick and dirty' Lili Ledy overview imo. Combining the two different lines (TIG guide and this thread) is a good idea, but it comes at the price of slowing down LL info to the community imo, as the photo editing etc. seems to be rate limiting in the whole process.

But no worries, this 'quick and dirty' guide will never be a match to the real thing, that is the TIG Lili Guide cause it lacks its structure and completeness (paint variations, COO, weapons, capes, cards all together for one figure on one site). This said, the moment the TIG LL guide would be complete, this thread has no function any longer. I hope this moment will come the sooner the better. Personally, if I can contribute to this process somehow, I would be more than happy to do so, though my LL collection is modest.

Cheers,

DD

BTW: I have just edited the text as the morning version did not exactly match my thoughts. I guess that might be a common thing when English is not your native language. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next