The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:16 am

A few weeks ago, I noticed an ebay auction for a blond Luke Bespin. The figure was listed by the Mexican seller as a no COO figure. I took the gamble - as the figure looked Ledy to me - placed a low bid and won. When comparing the new figure to his brother today, it seems I gambled right. The figure is a Ledy Luke Bespin Very Happy

The new figure is on the right. The one on the left is another Ledy blond Luke from a Mexican childhood collection.

To me both figures look the same.

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 IMG_5399

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 IMG_5400

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 IMG_5401

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 IMG_5402

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Luke_b14

BTW:
- Both Ledy Lukes have COO #4 which is linked to the PBP line in Wolff's guide.
- Note the melting marks on the back of the Ledy Lukes. Both figures have them. These marks can also be seen for PBP Lukes (see pic below).
This makes me think again, are these Spanish figures which were exported to Mexico (I don't think so), or the other way around? From what I understood the paint job of the Ledy blond Luke is different compared to his blond PBP brother. Maybe unpainted Ledy figures were exported to Spain, and painted by PBP? :scratch:

PBP Luke
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Dsc_0419
Source: Picture made by Javi, taken from this thread: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t891p165-the-tig-pbp-poch-character-discussion-thread
Remark: This Luke has COO #5, meaning both #4 and #5 can be PBP?

The mysterious link between Ledy and PBP is something which I would like to see being unraveled one day. Very Happy

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3018-pbp-and-lili-ledy-what-do-they-have-in-common

- Still need a nice PBP blond Luke to make comparison shots with his Ledy brother.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:57 pm

A while ago I got a the program booklet for a Star Wars convention which was held in Mexico City, back in 2003.

The 24 page booklet is loaded with interesting Lili Ledy information, see the example pages shown below.
This is must have information for everyone who is interested in Lili Ledy.
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Dia1-19

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Dia2-15

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Dia3-12

I made a high resolution PDF of the complete booklet to send you a copy. The only thing you have to do is:

1. Posting a pic with (one of) your favorite Ledy items from your collection, maybe a few words why you like it so much. In case you don’t have any Ledy, you can skipp this part and come up with a good alternative. Very Happy
  2. PM me your email address.

Merry X-mas to you and your family!!! 🎅

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Dia4-6

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not a problem to me I think....LOL

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 IMG_025911

I have by now about 95 different Ledy figures! But by far the most loved character is C-3PO.....dont know exactly why...but I love him soooo much!!
Why do I love them all so much?? Because they have sooooo many variants to offer. Not that they only differ to Kenner...they also do differ among each other!!

Expensive but lovely stuff! They keep me going since almost 10 years! I mean...what was availible on information these days...nearly nothing!!!
I personally think I "lived" the whole movement and still love it!!
(seriously...these days I discovered myself lots of fantastic stuff, weapons etc......today you just go into this thread....boooooooooooooring Wink lol! )

Cheers and merry christmas!!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Feliz Navidad a todos!!!

Merry X- Mas to everybody!!!

I´m really Enjoying trying to put together the entire collection , mean while on the side , looking for different backs of the same figures!!! ..

NN : Retorno Card , 12 Neg, 30 Pos . 30 Pos
ERG: 30 Pos ( Rectangular Bubble with some extra space on the tip of the staff ) , 30 Pos (Rectangular bubble) , 30 Neg
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Lili10

Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:28 pm

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 DSC09550

I just love the funky colours in this normally boring guy! Pretty pleased to add him complete this year too!
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:03 pm

ll alien

Last edited by starwizz on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rattlesnaketoys
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
rattlesnaketoys

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:39 am

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Llcloud

My favorite was always the Cloud Car Pilot. Even before I decided to collect Ledy's, I wanted the CCP because of the color difference. It was this figure that got me started on collecting foreign variants.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:55 pm

My favourite:
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 100_2431
because I don't have it Razz
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Here AJ, on me. It' Xmas afterall!

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 100_3173
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Tank1252 wrote:

I'm in shock Tim- you've posted pics of something in your collection ( hopefully it's just the start, with many more to come Smile )

My own favourite LL item:
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 SDC11617
with unusual clear plastic tray/insert
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Marco, when do you add Paploo ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Wolff, Adolfo, Starwizz, Joe, AJ, Tim, thank you all for sharing pics of your Ledy items. Especially for Tim this must have been a challenging task, I understand now. Very Happy There are some great items out their in your collections!! Shocked

As promised I have sent you the PDF file of the Ledy programm booket, I hope you like it.

More TIG members which want to share pics of their favourite Ledy items?

pomse2001 wrote:

I will work on some more entries in Q1 2012. Why Paploo?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Tank1252 wrote:

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 100_3173

Holy Hell!!!! It must be snowing in Australia after that. lol!

Marco, isnt all Paploos the same since they were made in Mexico? There was only 2 figures, both Ewoks, that was made there exclusively, right?
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Chris_J wrote:

Marco, isnt all Paploos the same since they were made in Mexico? There was only 2 figures, both Ewoks, that was made there exclusively, right?

The common understanding is that ALL Lumat and Paploo figures were produced by Lili Ledy.

I am not 100% sure however, only 90%. According to trilogo.info the first Spanish Trilogo cards ("Ewok Warrior" cards) with Lumat and Paploo had "Made in Hong Kong" printed on the cards.

This could indicate that these two Ewoks were produced elsewhere as well.

Or maybe GMJ (PBP) forgot to change this into "Made in Mexico" as seen on the later released cards.

http://trilogo.info/features/ewok-warriors/
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:09 pm

I know that Lumat and Paploo can only be found on MIM cards here. Dont know enough about cards else where. The bagged one I got is in the plain bag, no text, so that doesnt help.

The link to Joes site shows them on Wickets card, so the made in Hong Kong is out. The Lumat below that shows it was MIM.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Did someone call! Laughing

Unfortunately with all Lumats / Paploos coming with absolutely no markings we will never know, however if we look at the cardback COO's from Kenner, Ledy and Trilogo: All are printed MIM and that says a lot to me (they are the only two Trilogo cards ever printed MIM so...)

Did GMJ have a quick bash at making them early on? Who knows...possible but we probably won't ever know. (I would guess no like Chris, the "warrior" cards really aren't enough proof that GMJ had any hand in the figure production, only that they weren't quite ready to package them from the moment they were released)

Did anyone ever find out the origin of the different coloured Paploo belts? I remember there was a thread on RS about that variation that sprung up this year or last. I *think* that is about the only real major variation that has ever been noticed on either figure.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Joe_O wrote:

Did anyone ever find out the origin of the different coloured Paploo belts?

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1066994/

Hmm no extra info in the thread but the pictures still work Smile

4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 Sw_paploo_belt_variant_01
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:50 pm

We also do have quite a lot of color variants on other Ledy figures, i.e. the CCP belts! So different colored belt does not say these are made in different factories....especially when it comes to Ledy factory! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks for chiming in, Joe! Very Happy

The different coloured belts are probably due to Ledy's inconsequent quality control.

LOL: Wolf was faster with reacting!!

There are more examples:

Lili Ledy Ree Yees: Green boots (left) and brown boots (right)
4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 IMG_3320

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:07 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Wolff, Adolfo, Starwizz, Joe, AJ, Tim, thank you all for sharing pics of your Ledy items. Especially for Tim this must have been a challenging task, I understand now. Very Happy There are some great items out their in your collections!! Shocked

As promised I have sent you the PDF file of the Ledy programm booket, I hope you like it.

More TIG members which want to share pics of their favourite Ledy items?

pomse2001 wrote:

I will work on some more entries in Q1 2012. Why Paploo?

I was just wondering if all Paploo is Ledy ? maybe I have asked about it before, I can't remember it unsure
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:18 am

pomse2001 wrote:

I was just wondering if all Paploo is Ledy ? maybe I have asked about it before, I can't remember it unsure

But maybe you do remember reading the last few posts in this thread? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Once again, Lumat and Paploo are the only figures that are made in Mexico that were released in the US on US cards. They were stamped MIM, cardbacks that is. So yes, they could be considerd Ledy and US release both.

Last edited by Chris_J on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Once again, Lumat and Paploo are the only figures that are made in Mexico that were released in the US on US cards. They were stamped MIM. So yes, they could be considerd Ledy and US release both.

Do we now repeat on every page what was written one page before??? :scratch: :scratch:

Just asking!! What a Face What a Face

Nahh...Im just kidding! Wink

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Chris_J wrote:
Once again, Lumat and Paploo are the only figures that are made in Mexico that were released in the US on US cards. They were stamped MIM. So yes, they could be considerd Ledy and US release both.

Do we now repeat on every page what was written one page before??? :scratch: :scratch:

Just asking!! What a Face What a Face

Nahh...Im just kidding! Wink

Can you say that again, I missed it. lol!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm

on the next page chris....on the next.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   4 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next