The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:06 pm

Cobra-La.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Hah - yeah. That was a dumb ass figure if you ask me. Golobulus... I can see a kid getting geeked up over him though. I think he's just gross.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/87/golobulus.shtml
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Man, SCREW ALL OF YOU GUYS FOR TALKING ABOUT JOES!!! I have enough shit to track down without getting caught up in Joe's too!!

Here's my little story. When I was little, like 5 and under, me, my mom, my grandma, and my 4 other siblings all lived in this little house that was in the Government Housing Project. Long story, but my mom was a single mom with 5 kids, so money was realllllllly tight. So I think between my brother and I, we had like 4 or 5 Star Wars action figures. Total. But of course, we freaking LOVED GI Joe too.

I remember one day, there was a little "gang" for lack of a better term, in the Project, that also were really just kids, and liked GI Joes too. Well right behind our little development was a strip mall with a small toy store in it called Toy Chalet. Of course, it's long gone now. Buy anyway, one day this little "gang" decided to steal GI Joes. They came back with, I'm not exaggerating, HUNDREDS of freaking Joes. I have no idea how they pulled it off, but they made sure to rub it in to all of us honest kids that didn't do it. Damn I was jealous.

In all honesty, I don't remember a lot about Joe's in general, but I remember that the one's I was DYING for were the one that changed colors in the sun, I think Zartan?, and one that was all orange and yellow and had a flame thrower. Can't remember his name. But of course, these punk kids had them, and more than one of each too. Man I hated those kids. One of my friends ended up getting the Zartan from them in a trade at some point, so on occasion he would rub it in my face and let me watch change colors in the sun.

But seeing all these Joes is making get the fever. And I don't want it. I can't afford it.

So again, SCREW YOU GUYS FOR REMINDING ME HOW COOL JOES ARE!!!! lol!

Good luck to you guys though, and keep the pics coming. They make me get all Hung-Ho. Bada Bing!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:28 am

Tad. Come on in. It's ok. Only a few. You don't have to collect them all. Join the crowd. It won't hurt. Become one of the cool kids. Smile

The color changing guys are Zartan, Zandar, and Zarana. The latter two are Zartans brother and sister. I always liked the Zarana figure because she looked like a hot pink punk chick. I think who ever did the sculpting for the Joes had a fetish for women with Barbie-like figures. BAroness is the best example of that. The orange and yellow guy sounds like BlowTorch.

Cool story. No wonder the store is out of business. Those punks took a chunk out of theis bottom line for the next ten years I bet.

And your welcome for us reminding you how cool Joes are. But only a Hoser would fight the urge to buy some. So buy some.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks for sharing the story with us Tad. My folks were broke too growing up with me being one of 4 kids. My Granddad would always find a way to get me a Joe or 2 every few months when I went to stay with him. I coveted them. I loved my SW too but all the other kids had GI Joe. I know how it feels to cherish what you have and see other punks (or wealthy kids) purposely showing off their toys in front of you. My 1 armed Grunt was cooler than any they had IMO.

So yeah - Jump on board and grab a few. They're really fun. You don't have to get them all (which is good cuz there's hundreds). A nice little refresher when your SW collecting is slowing down or you just want a break and get some other cool toys.

Paul is right - the color changing figures were Zartan and the crew. I doubt those things still change color and the stuff in them was probably cancerous, lol. The orange and yellow fig is Blow Torch. Here's mine along with a Viper:
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 DSC04609

Give into peer pressure man. Everybody is doing it... Just a few won't hurt Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:57 am

Tad - Those punks are probably in jail, or worse. Consider it a little solace LOL

Here's todays haul. I am NOT liking where this is going either. I don't have the space for this!!

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Imag0011
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:11 am

Nice line up John! Good looking Shipwreck in there. Glad to see your Rock n Roll has it's bi-pod. I still need one. Good looking Barbeque and Baroness of course!

Can you take a close up of Bazooka's weapon? There were 2 types made. I've got the first version but would like to grab the later version as well.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 am

PM me your mobile number. I'll shot a pic on my phone and send it now if you like
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 am

I did a little research, it's the later released one.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
I am NOT liking where this is going either. I don't have the space for this!!

Hehehe. Johns got the bug. Welcome to the world of a toy addict, bro. Those are some killer additions you got, by the way.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Damn cool lineup of Joes John. It can be hard to find Shipwreck with his parrot still with its feet intact. I too don't like where this seems to be going. Mixed with my new comic obsession I'll be poor and out of space.

And damn it I have it in my head to get all the original Joes now with both straight arms and the swivel arms. This is going to take up good bootleg money.

I STILL BLAME DALLAS. FRIGGING HOSER GORTON FISHERMAN!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi
Nice GI Joe stuff you have there. Wink
Here are some pictures of my GI Joe collection.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Gijoe7
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Gijoe6
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Gijoe5
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Gijoe4
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Gijoe3
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Gijoe2
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Gijoe1
Cheers michael
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I was wondering when you were going to show yours off, Michael. The Action Force pieces are nice.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Nice collection Michael. The funny thing about Joe stuff is, I'd love to collect the playsets and vehicles as well as the figures. Unlike Star Wars where vehicles have never been a priority. Looks like there some sweet MOTU on the next shelf.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Michael - Great stuff man!!!!

Here's todays haul.....Somebody please stop me LOL

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Imag0012
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Swet John. Except for Cobra Commander another bunch of figures I sold off a couple of years ago, and now am doing my best to reverse time.

And I love the new title of the thread. YES DAMN DALLAS. Frigging Hoser Gorton Fisherman.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Man, really cool stuff guys! You're making it harder and harder.

I, too, feel the thread title is far more appropriate. cheers
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:30 am

I'm a little late to the party. I've recently been thinking about getting back into my Joe's, but now I might have to reconsider. Looks like everybody's having the same thought.

Here's a couple pics of my stuff when it was displayed. Now its stacked in my closet Sad I have made a couple recent purchases I'll have to take some pics of soon.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Insura11

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Insura12
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:19 am

Micheal & Andy - Very nice collections! Nice additions too John.

And - Thanks to everyone (John??) who supported the thread name change. kissass

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 am

Glad to see they arrived John. And theres no stopping now, bud. You are now in the club. Nice title change by the way. lol!

Andy, sweet collection man. I love the international stuff. Are those standard Star Cases or did you find some larger ones somewhere? Thanks for sharing and too bad your collection went the way mine did, hiding in the closet.

Come on Tad, you know you want to join in on all the fun. Twisted Evil Just one wont hurt. Really it wont. lol!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks guys. I picked up a rock n' roll 2nd issue the other day because I never bought one as a kid, and a loose QuickKick .

And yeah, just standard star cases chris.

I'm liking the loose stuff you guys have. I still have a couple boxes of my stuff from 80's 90's, but a lot of my figs have loose or broken O rings. And I kept all my vehicles but unfortunately I lost track of most of the missiles and stuff.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Forgot about my vintage MIB Skystriker and modern Rattler.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Star_w12
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:16 am

Ganjafett thats a realy nice collection. Love the grimson twins MOC. I realy want to pick one up at some point my self. Nice skystricker.
Its always nice to see displays with the german DV store display header thats so nice. Smile

Well have you seen the youclips off aire's collection there are some realy nice stuff there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFSrFErYQvE&feature=related
and if you have time look all 18 clips. Smile

Thanks for the words. Regarding MOTU yes I have a small collection of those to. I will shoot some pictures at some point. Smile

Cheers Michael
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:40 pm

I get to play now bounce . Here's my latest arrivals. Well my first arrivals since the evil influence of that DAMN DALLAS HOSER GORTON FISHERMAN!!! I didn't miss having G.I. Joe figures in my house. I wasn't going to collect them anymore. I was going to be content in my little world of SW bootlegs and IG-88 focus. But nooooooooo Dallas had to show off his damn Joes. And the power of suggestion took over. I think I like them becasue they are all pretty colors like bootlegs.

YO JOE!!!!

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 0048
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Figured I'd throw these in here to get everyone pumped up on some vehicles. lol!

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 Img_1339

The only ones I got and they are sealed. Looking to add to them later. Poor guys of tired of being alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next