The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Damn you Tad and everyone else who has a Destro! I need one and a Grunt! Now!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:17 pm

I freaking love the Destro. it's pretty loose, but I still really like it. But thanks to Chris, I just realized the Storm Shadow came with 2 nun chucks and is missing his bow. Off to e-bay I go, in search of a bow. I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:41 pm

So my smashed Zap + some 3M super adhesive = a worthless but cool displayable Zap. He's officially SA now, lol.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 DSC05536
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Man, Dallas, I feel really bad about your stuff getting destroyed. I'm glad you've been able to salvage some of it.

Damn you Earthquake!!

On a different topic, where do you guys stand on File Cards? I really like having them with the figure, but does it add any real value? Should I be paying a premium for them? I saw one site that was selling them and most seemed to be in the $7 range. I'm not sure I like them that much. Do you guys know of any good sources to find them. I wouldn't even be opposed to finding them somewhere online, and jut printing them out to put under or behind each Joe.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks for the kind words Tad. I would like to get replacements for the damaged ones at some point but for now they still display nicely.

As for the file cards - if the Joes i'm looking for happen to come with their card then cool, if not no big deal either. All of mine are just stacked up neatly behind them. I have a few whole cardbacks which are really cool to see the artwork of all the figs. As for value I'm not really sure but I don't think it would increase the value of the Joes too considerably. I've picked up a few complete Joes for $6 with file cards so I think $7 for just the card is over doing it. Just my opinion. I'm not really after them, just after the figs themselves.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:56 pm

DarthTad wrote:
I wouldn't even be opposed to finding them somewhere online, and jut printing them out to put under or behind each Joe.

Tad - you can find every File Card here:

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/

Just to add my 2 cents, I don't look at file cards as "needed". If they have them great, if not no biggie
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 am

Tad, as for the file cards, they dont really raise the value of the figures. If you look in any price guide or guide book for Joes, they never have a price for a figure complete with file card price next to it. To me, it just looks nicer on display to have the file cards like having the coins for the POTF line. You can pick up lots on Ebay of file cards fairly reasonable if you catch it at the right time. I think I paid around $8-10 for a lot of 6 one time. But I do have to say if you can find some early ones of the original first straight/swivel arm ones, Snake Eyes, CC, Scarlett, etc., with the peach colored cards, that might raise the price alittle. A peach vs grey MOC is a huge difference, the peach colored is what they were before they changed to grey. Ill get some shots up later if I can find my peach ones to show.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks for the info fellas! John, I can't believe I didn't see that before at YoJoe. I even joined the forum over there. I might end up printing them out to display with each figure. Right now I have no idea how or where to display them. They're kind of just in a pile on a shelf in my Star Wars room until I can figure out where to put them.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:00 am

DarthTad wrote:
Right now I have no idea how or where to display them. They're kind of just in a pile on a shelf in my Star Wars room until I can figure out where to put them.

You think you've got in bad Tad? Here's my current "collection space"

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Imag0015

So I got a couple more today!

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Imag0016

I also got a bunch of weapons I bought to basically complete one figure and sell the rest. Check out the FS in the "other classifieds"

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 am

Dang John - That looks like a GI Joe refugee camp, lol. Seriously though, your on a roll man. I'm having the same space is an issue problem too. I'm going to need to get some risers pretty soon so everything isn't so cluttered up.

Nice Buzzer. That's one I'm after right now. I need to get the red pack for my Crimson Guard, right now it has a black one from the AP's. That's a sharp looking Lifeline also. I forgot how cool he looked. Needed a good pic like that to remind me of how his details really pop.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 am

If you got them on a shelf, Tad, just stand the cards behind them. If you want to get real fancy with it, you could get some of those small plate displays to put them on. But most I seen were just standing behind the figure.

Nice pick ups John. You are rolling with it, arent you. Dont feel bad about no space. All of mine are in baggies and in 3 boxes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks to all my Joe bros! Very generous of you guys! Awesome figures, especially the Scarlett! Thanks again so much.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 DSC05542
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 DSC05543

And a couple others from another deal - Ambush and Tiger Force Duke
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 DSC05546
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Glad to see they finally arrived. Damn things were suppose to have been there on Monday. And your more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:15 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Glad to see they finally arrived. Damn things were suppose to have been there on Monday. And your more than welcome.

They're totally awesome! What a great surprise! Doesn't surprise me about the extra days for delivery. Everything is still pretty f'd up around here.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 am

Glad to see they arrived Dallas. Your pals didn't want the quake to get the best of you.

Ambush looks like Dum Dum Dugan from Marvel comics.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Sweet stuff guys! Glad they got there ok Dallas.

Here's my haul from yesterday.

H.A.L. with Grand Slam, Snake Eyes, and Cobra Commander.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 2011-08-31_19-52-42_527
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
DarthTad wrote:
Right now I have no idea how or where to display them. They're kind of just in a pile on a shelf in my Star Wars room until I can figure out where to put them.

You think you've got in bad Tad? Here's my current "collection space"

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Imag0015

Man, somebody needs to call the UN. I think a humanitarian Joe Rescue mission is in order. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Nice haul, Tad. Seeing that H.A.L. makes me want one now.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Tad - Great Haul!! Man I am digging that Grand Slam w/ HAL!!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Today was my best Joe day to date.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 2011-09-01_15-09-19_195

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 2011-09-01_15-09-34_252

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 2011-09-01_15-09-59_232

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 2011-09-01_15-10-12_63

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 2011-09-01_15-10-21_421

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 2011-09-01_15-41-31_286
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Just no stopping you is there Tad? Very Happy Nice haul on those, some real nice ones.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 pm

WOWOWOWOW!

Tad great haul man! Nice all around.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Holy Firefly, Duke, and Rock n Roll with bipod!

Very nice haul Tad. They look fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Looks like we created a monster in Tad. lol! Hes on fire
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Well I had a perfect storm of packages come in today. I am much happier with this Storm Shadow. $20 cheaper and in better shape than the last one

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Imag0110

Here's my progessive so far , my drawer is getting full!!

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Dsc06110

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Dsc06111

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 Dsc06112
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next