The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CVI Collecting Track Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

CVI Collecting Track Thread Empty
PostSubject: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:49 pm

The CVI Collecting Track is going to have a lot of cool news in the coming weeks, so I thought I'd start an official thread to keep track of it all.

I'd also like to remind everyone to follow us on Facebook
Star Wars CVI Collecting Track

And on Twitter: @C6CollectTrack

Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://theswca.com/hobbyarchive/index.html
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:27 pm

I look forward to the updates here, Tommy.

Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 am

The Star Wars Collecting Track is better than ever at Star Wars Celebration VI with the addition of the Collector's Social Area!

Organized by Marjorie and Arnie of the Star Wars Action News podcast, the Social Area gives Star Wars collectors the opportunity to network with other Star Wars collectors, learn more about the collecting hobby, and get autographs from authors of books on collecting.

The Social Area will feature collectible roundtable discussions led by collecting experts from across the globe. You can meet other collectors from your area and join a collecting club! Listen to live podcasts about Star Wars collecting from Star Wars Action News, the 'Chive Cast, and This Week in Star Wars! Meet the owners of some of the most popular collecting websites, and more!

Plus, on Friday night in the Social Area, the underground hotel sales come to you with the Star Wars Collectible Swap Meet! Held in the Social Area, bring some of your Star Wars items to trade! Find the one figure needed to complete your collection, or that one-of-a-kind item you can't live without.

Stay tuned for a full schedule of events, and be sure to stop by the Collector's Social Area, room W304.

Feel free to distribute this anywhere else you think might be interested in the news, BTW. I'm Media Chair for the Collecting Track, so it's my job to get this info out there and to really get some good word of mouth going in the community. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 am

http://www.thisweekinstarwars.com/TWISW/Home.html

http://www.swactionnews.com/

Hadn't heard of those two before or, maybe one of them was mentioned on a Chivecast once, I think? :scratch: Either way, might have to check them out.
Anyone know if they are any good?

Quote :
Plus, on Friday night in the Social Area, the underground hotel sales come to you with the Star Wars Collectible Swap Meet! Held in the Social Area, bring some of your Star Wars items to trade! Find the one figure needed to complete your collection, or that one-of-a-kind item you can't live without.

So is the sales thing the modern take on the room sales or, will they still be going on as well?
I hope we get lots of pics of anything with that sort of action. What a Face

Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:30 am

Great information, certainly looking forward to all of the events! Cool
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:49 pm

The swap meet is limited to what you can carry, since it's an official event. We didn't want to step on any of the dealers' toes, since they paid to be able to sell at CVI. The room sales are an unofficial event, so there's no limit on what you can bring to sell.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Before I post anything promoting any of the non panel related events that you mentioned. I would like to confirm if a certain owner of RS is sponsoring any of these events in any way. As I will NOT promote or participate in them if he is.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
Before I post anything promoting any of the non panel related events that you mentioned. I would like to confirm if a certain owner of RS is sponsoring any of these events in any way. As I will NOT promote or participate in them if he is.

Cheers
Joe

To the best of my knowledge, all of these events are being planned and overseen by the Collecting Track Chairpersons, none of whom have any connection to RS or any other forum beyond being members, and my being a Moderator at RS. I know of no outside sponsoring for the social area, beyond some licensees who might come in to talk to fans. It's planned to simply be a fun place to hang out and talk shop with like minded collectors.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks Tommy, Just wanted to double check that. I wouldn't want to do anything at the convention that could in any way put one dime in that jackass's pocket. Good thing I'm not into Autographs.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Tommy,

This will be great and I will definitely participate as much as possible. The social will be fun and I am sure the "swap meet" will have some great stuff. Of course, the room sales will be the main event..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
Thanks Tommy, Just wanted to double check that. I wouldn't want to do anything at the convention that could in any way put one dime in that jackass's pocket. Good thing I'm not into Autographs.

Cheers
Joe

Agreed. I wrestled back and forth as to whether or not to get autographs. And I just can't pass them up. It drives me nuts that I'm aiding him. I wish Lucasfilm would contract a different company.
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Friday at 12:30 in the Social Area. "Great Stories of Star Wars Collecting". Join Mattias Rendahl and Chris Fawcett as they present fascinating collecting stories from the history of the hobby, some you've probably heard and some you haven't! Lots of rare pictures too! Bring your own great stories, as there will be a chance to share and ask questions.

Personally, I'm really excited about this talk. Hobby history has always been very close to my heart.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:32 pm

It's a shame nobody has thought of doing a simulcast for these panels. I'd pay for it and I reckon I'm not the only one
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Tommy_Garvey wrote:
Friday at 12:30 in the Social Area. "Great Stories of Star Wars Collecting". Join Mattias Rendahl and Chris Fawcett as they present fascinating collecting stories from the history of the hobby, some you've probably heard and some you haven't! Lots of rare pictures too! Bring your own great stories, as there will be a chance to share and ask questions.

Personally, I'm really excited about this talk. Hobby history has always been very close to my heart.

Tommy

I will certainly be in attendance for this seminar/Q&A. It's nice to know that we're officially less than one month from the big show. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
It's a shame nobody has thought of doing a simulcast for these panels. I'd pay for it and I reckon I'm not the only one

While the panels and presentations will not be simulcast, I will be putting video of them all up on the SWCA after CVI.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Tommy_Garvey wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

While the panels and presentations will not be simulcast, I will be putting video of them all up on the SWCA after CVI.

Tommy

Nice , thanks Tommy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
mattias_rendahl
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:34 am

Tommy_Garvey wrote:

Tommy

Cj and I just starting pulling this presentation together this week. Like Tommy says, some great classic collecting stories and some never shown before, only opportunity to see and hear what we have to say is to be there Wink

The Social area will be a great new feature, and I bet thats the place to be if you want to meet collectors from around the globe.

Mattias
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Pics of some of the Star Tots we'll be giving away at our presentations.

[img]CVI Collecting Track Thread Starto10[/img]

[img]CVI Collecting Track Thread Starto11[/img]

And we're currently seeking submissions for our displays:
"Here's your chance to share an unusual item from your collection at Celebration VI. The Collecting Track social area will feature a locked professional display case to highlight items that collectors do not often get to see. The focus is not about value per se, but oddities that exhibit the rich diversity of items that people can collect. Whether it's a toy exclusive to Spain, a cereal box from South Africa, or a hat made for cast and crew members, the goal is to feature items that will spark attendees to say, "Wow, I've never seen that before!"

Because of space constraints, single items should not be much larger than 1-2 large shoe boxes. Small collections of items will be considered if they can fit into a similar size space, but groupings of items should be based on some unifying theme (e.g., food collectibles, watches, Australian items, etc.) and visual presentation will important.

To be considered, please contact Todd Chamberlain at todd@toychamber.com by August 10."

Again, please feel free to spread the word (and pics) around.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Here's a pic of the rest of the Star Tots designs.

CVI Collecting Track Thread Starto10

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:22 pm

These look amazing..... Is there anywhere specific to get all these or are they just available after certain panals?
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 pm

We will be handing them out at the end of each panel, and then we will distribute the extras (if we have any, which we usually do) at 5:00 on Sunday.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:39 am

Here's the full set of fan site patches! Stop on by the social area and try to collect them all!

CVI Collecting Track Thread 54659812

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Jaybird
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jaybird

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:34 am

Tommy

The patches look really cool. Any info on how they will be handed out? Will it be at a specific social even or when the social area opens its first come first serve. I really like the group patch idea.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 am

^^
Tommy_Garvey wrote:
Here is the full set of fan site patches, which will be available in the Collecting Track Social Area:

I'm actually a co-sponsor of the SWCA one, so I'm THRILLED to see the finished design. Smile

CVI Collecting Track Thread 54659811

When Star Wars collectors want to find out about the latest and greatest toys, statues, and prop replicas hitting retail the primary sources of news and reviews are not corporate owned web sites, but sites run by Star Wars fans for Star Wars fans.

While one might expect competition among the various sites, each trying to scoop the other, the truth is the owners and reporters from many sites are friends who see each other annually at conventions, Toy Fair International, and of course Star Wars Celebrations.

Now at Star Wars Celebration VI, six of these fan-created web sites have joined together to bring an exciting new collectible available in the Star Wars Collecting Track Social Area!

In the Social Area six Star Wars fan sites, Jedi News UK, Jedi Temple Archives, Sandtroopers, Star Wars Action News, The Star Wars Collectors’ Archive, and Yakface will be hosting “meet the fan site” sessions where site visitors can meet the men behind the web sites--and get an exclusive patch from each site.

Each site will have an exclusive patch given away only during the meet-and-greet, and if you collect all 6 patches they join together to make a larger patch--much like how the sites are united in their fandom of Star Wars and their love of collecting! Each patch is limited to 500 pieces and will be given out on a first-come-first serve basis during the meet-and-greets. Additionally, a small number of full sets will be given away in the Social Area during the convention! Follow @C6CollectTrack on Twitter during the con.

The meet-and-greets will be held in the Collectors’ Social Area, a new addition to the popular Collecting Track for Celebration VI. In addition to this exclusive patch giveaway, attendees can sit on roundtable discussions, get collecting books autographed, meet other collectors as well as other great activities.

Come on out and meet a fan site and get an exclusive patch - only in the Star Wars Collectors Social Area! The times for each site will be posted soon.

Tommy
from: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4465p60-celebration-6-giveawaysmasterlist-what-to-look-out-for-and-who-has-them
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Here's the full revised schedule of events for the Collecting Track: http://theswca.com/celebration6/c6-ct-schedule-all.pdf

And a reminder that the Swap Meet on Fri at 6:30 in the Social Area is also a collector social. So, even if you have nothing to sell and aren't looking to buy, you can still drop in to meet other collectors.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CVI Collecting Track Thread   CVI Collecting Track Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CVI Collecting Track Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next