The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Nice haul John. Like how Serpenter is in the background leading them on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 am

Nice haul John. Lots of pretty colors. Kinda bootleg like.

I see a nice space for display just outside your office door there. Right up the side of the stairs would be a good spot. Razz And if you burn those Yankees figures you'll have space right on your desk. Wink
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:55 pm

I already posted this in the comics thread but it fits into both, and I don't think everyone reads both so here is some vintage Joe comic awesomeness. Wow it was trip down memory lane with these. You know how a song reminds you of an event in your life. Well these things reminded me of all kinds of childhood days. They are in alot better condition than I figured they'd be in too.

And please forgive me. I had to doccument the adventure of getting them out of storage. I was surprised I didn't loose any body parts.

The door. Yes we're Cheech&Chong fans.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0039

To the left of the door. I think there's other comics in the pile near the back. That's for another day.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0054

And we have the great adventure. The Joes comic box was near the bottom of the pile at the very back in the corner.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 00410

And here we have the whole lot mixed together. Joe comic goodness. Turns out I have 101 of the 155 published. Going to have to make it a priority to get the ones I need.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0062

Here we have the 4 issues of GI Joe Order Of Battle. It has bios of all the Joe characters that existed to that point in time.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0073

Here are some piles of GI Joe Special Missions. I have 17 of the 28 published. Gotta track them down.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0092

Here's the 4 GI Joe Yearbooks published. I always loved these. Gonna read these today I think.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0084

The original GI Joe/Transformers crossover. Thought I had the four issues turns out I'm misssing issue 3. Wasn't a huge fan of this when I was a kid. Didn't like the two being mixed together. They didn't go together to me. Gotta track down that missing issue though.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0112

And a few different Joe comics. A couple of "Tales of.." reprints and a 3D comic.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0102

Hope you enjoy the trip here. Gotta go through the Transformer ones too.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Paul - Any chance you have issue 63? I'd love to see if I remembered right and my name is in the back
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:05 pm

PM sent John. You're there.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 3:45 pm

Well while digging out old comics today I came across my old Sky Stryker. It's dusty and mising everything but one engine, a cover on the back and the big bomb on the bottom. And the stickers aren't too bad but they are mostly in the wrong places. I think I may have to clean it up as best I can and seek out ther parts needed to make it complete. Car guys work on old rusty beaters. We work on old dusty toys.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0125

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0135

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 0144
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Nice collection john. Wink

I realy link the comics, I have the danish ones, but it's nice to see the us-version. (btw in denmark there where 19 issuies)

Love the skystrike to Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:50 am

Great additions, John! You're building quite the army.

And cool pics Paul! Love all the comics and Skystriker!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 am

Wow John - The collection is exploding! You might want to censor that pic of Quick Kick, he's got something hanging out his pants, lol...

Paul - Awesome Skystriker! Soe many good memories of throwing it and Rattler off of my porch so they could "fight". Usually only ended in broken pieces and my mom coming out to to smack my ass with the fly swatter for breaking shit... Maybe not such good memories after all, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Here are some of my newest additions now that the east coast mail is finally beginning to catch back up a little.

I'll be damned if I can get Airtight's tube thing to attach to him correctly.
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 DSC05588

And this sweet bunch of misfits - almost reminds me of the movie "Warriors"
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 DSC05589
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Nice pickups Dallas. Except you have the wrong weapons on Torch and Ripper. that's ok though. We'll forgive you. You are a Hoser after all. LOL
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:51 pm

I thought so but my brain is still a little fried from the fever. I'll get it right one of these days...
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Sweet pickups, Dallas!

I was able to get a couple of things today.

First, a MOBAT Tank with Steeler.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-06_16-18-38_970

And a Viper Pilot and Short Fuze.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-06_16-20-05_785

I also picked up a Tomahawk and Lift Ticket, but didn't have a chance to get it all unpacked and put together tonight. Pics coming soon!

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 am

Warriors!! ...........Come out and Play!!!!!!!!! LOL

Nice pick ups Dallas! Good looking figs man

Tad - Nice Tank! I have no space for vehicles so im jealous
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Dallas, those look great. Yhea, Airtights tube is a bitch to get on. But ones its bent long enough it will stay on.

Tad, the tank is awesome, bud. Cant wait to see the Tomahawk when you get it together. The figures look great too.

Heres a small example of what I got. Just wish I had the room to display them all

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Img_1753

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Img_1754
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Dayum Chris!! That's a helluva Joe pile!

Here's the Tomahawk and Lift Ticket. It's missing one of the gun barrels underneath, but appears to have 2 extra chopper blades? It could use a good cleaning, but I'm kind of looking forward to that project.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-07_13-00-49_390
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Tad, that looks to be in killer shape, even if it is missing one of the gun barrels. I need one now.

Thanks, thats just part of it. Top left corner of the first pix you can see part of the box the poor guys are living in. That box and a couple more are slam full of them. Like I said, I just need a display cabinet to fully appreciate all their Joe goodness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Nice Tomahawk.

I got some new figures myself.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 DSC03837

I thought that cover girl where a nice action figure but boy it's ugly IRL.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Those are sweet. Yhea the Cover Girl is a plain Jane if you ask me. They couldve done something better for her.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Tad - Nice Chopper !!! Wow that looks swwweeeeeeeeeeeettttt

Michael - Nice picks but I love the Cobra Commander, he looks right off the card!

I had a real nice box arrive this fine day!

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Imag0113

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Imag0114

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Imag0115

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Imag0116
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Very nice, John. Those look pretty good, straight arms along with it.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 am

Nice John! Love the Flint, Beachead, and Firefly. All are 3 that I still need. And that Stalker is bad ass! Looks much better with thumbs! Mine lost his due to natural disaster (not combat)...
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Joes

Funny i had a nice collection of about 50 Joes for sale some months ago , but no one was into them . And now they er sold . A few are in my FS still.

I have sold off my childhood colletion of Joe and i'm ok with that . Have saved a blue and red Cobra soldier . And thats it .

But i still like to look at Joes . Some time ago i got this Joe moc . It is a rare Nordic card with tekst in Swedish, Norwegian and Finish on the back.

He was ment for resell but i had to keep him Very Happy

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 Th_leiaboush004

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:13 pm

That's awesome Soren! Love the Action Force card and it looks fantastic. Nice keeper!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:06 pm

My stands finally came in, so I was able to set up a couple of Joe shelves.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-14_13-52-26_298

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-14_13-52-39_410

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-14_13-52-48_413

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-14_13-52-55_883

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-14_13-53-03_300

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-14_13-53-10_685

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 2011-09-14_13-53-19_32

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next