The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Giant sized original vintage figures!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:59 pm

I can certainly see them doing some of the more popular characters at a later date... Hopefully there will be plenty of Luke Jedi available.

I was wandering if any one has one of the other characters and has opened it. It would be interesting to see what paperwork comes with the figure if any.
Back to top Go down
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

I just found out about these! Do we have pictures of what the boxes will look like? Vintage 12inch style or a big carded figure? Also the official SW site has them at $75! That seems high, and then add in shipping cost. I hope they are found other places cheaper
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Darin1138 wrote:
I just found out about these! Do we have pictures of what the boxes will look like? Vintage 12inch style or a big carded figure? Also the official SW site has them at $75! That seems high, and then add in shipping cost. I hope they are found other places cheaper

They are large oversized versions of the vintage cards, but the bubbles take up more space on the front of the card. I think they come in clamshell packaging so that you can remove the figure without damaging the packaging itself. I'm sure someone else who already has Fett or the Stormtrooper can confirm this. I'm expecting both from Ebay soon. Here's a pic of Fett's packaging: http://justflashtemplates.com/pubimg/gentle_giant_vintage_12in_boba_c5.jpg

As for the rest, you might want to preorder them through bigbadtoystore.com. They have much better prices compared to starwarsshop.com. Should be able to find them all listed here: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2478
Back to top Go down
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Not to sound like my daughter but OMG!!!!!!!!
I want, no I need that Boba Fett! I saw some the troopers at DragonCon but wasn't sure what it was but damn I go to have that Boba Fett and the others. Thanks so much for the info!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Craig T wrote:
I can certainly see them doing some of the more popular characters at a later date... Hopefully there will be plenty of Luke Jedi available.

I was wandering if any one has one of the other characters and has opened it. It would be interesting to see what paperwork comes with the figure if any.

I have the Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. I haven't opened them, but looking closely, I don't see any paperwork at all. Just the cardback, the figure, and the plastic clamshell.

[img]Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 2010-11-29_12-37-40_165[/img]
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:35 pm

oooh! bounce Can these be opened without damaging the packaging or are they like the original figures, rip 'n play!

Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Squad Leader wrote:
oooh! bounce Can these be opened without damaging the packaging or are they like the original figures, rip 'n play!

Yes, the figures can be opened and removed without ruining the packaging. It's a clamshell packaging and the "cardback" is not attached to anything so it won't get ripped up. It really is quite nice to just display inside the packaging though. I just got Fett and Stormtrooper this week from Ebay and I'm looking forward to getting more of the figures that I pre-ordered through BBTS. Han and Chewie should be shipping soon.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:04 am

Its incredible how much cheaper you guys in the States can get these for ..... the UK Gentle Giant website is selling at £79.00 each plus shipping and yet on some of the US websites you can buy for $71.99 ...... even with shipping into the UK at about $35-40 its still cheaper to buy abroad but then of course you may face the dreaded customs !!!
Anyone know of any UK websites cheaper than Gentle Giant ?
Tony
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:01 am

HothTony wrote:
Its incredible how much cheaper you guys in the States can get these for ..... the UK Gentle Giant website is selling at £79.00 each plus shipping and yet on some of the US websites you can buy for $71.99 ...... even with shipping into the UK at about $35-40 its still cheaper to buy abroad but then of course you may face the dreaded customs !!!
Tony

Tony

If you want to order a few and ship them to me, I can re-box them and send them to you. Should save you a decent amount of cash
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks John I appreciate that and will probably take you up on this offer
Tony
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
HothTony wrote:
Tony

Tony

If you want to order a few and ship them to me, I can re-box them and send them to you. Should save you a decent amount of cash

I'd be interested in this too! then maybe we could ship to one of us in the UK and share the postage prices??
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Squad Leader wrote:
Darthberizing wrote:
HothTony wrote:
Tony

Tony

I'd be interested in this too! then maybe we could ship to one of us in the UK and share the postage prices??

I'm always willing to help out. Just let me know. And if you guys save tons, want to order a spare one ole' Johnny, that's fine lol! (jk)
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Looks like Han and Chewie are finally shipping to people. BBTS has them in stock now.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Is BBTS the best place to get them from ?
I seem to remember there was someone in the States offering them and you could pay a slight premium to make sure it was a C9 ??
Thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:03 pm

To our USA pals, what are the prices for these like your side of the pond at the moment?
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Just paid $71.99 for a Vader ... http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GG10448&mode=retail
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:21 am

Vintage R2-D2 and C-3PO just announced for Jan 2012 Smile
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=80105
http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/category_s/80.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=80&show=10&page=2
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Love the R2D2, but I'm concerned about the quality of the vac-metal finish on C-3PO. I hope it doesn't chip or flake easily.
Back to top Go down
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 pm

GG Vader arrived a couple days back. I have to say I'm not at all disappointed. The packaging and toy are both top notch...absolutely brilliantly executed. That said, I have no plans to order any others in this line. First off, I think Vader they got right... other characters not so much. Second, this thing (with packaging) is gigantic. Where would you put a collection of these!
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:09 am

ratherchildish wrote:
GG Vader arrived a couple days back. I have to say I'm not at all disappointed. The packaging and toy are both top notch...absolutely brilliantly executed. That said, I have no plans to order any others in this line. First off, I think Vader they got right... other characters not so much. Second, this thing (with packaging) is gigantic. Where would you put a collection of these!

Man, I'm totally jealous of your Vader!! I pre-ordered mine from Entertainment Earth, and it still hasn't been billed or shipped yet!

As for having all of them, so far I do, and it does take up a lot of room, but it sure looks kick ass! I'll post pics once I finish my reorganization and post a new limelight.

Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 am

I know my Vader has shipped from BBTS and John has now received it so I cant wait to see what it looks like in the Flesh Very Happy
Tony
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet here....

Gentle Giant revealed the SDCC exclusive vinyl cape Jawa for their 12" vintage figure line. It'll be available at the show, but is also available for order thru their site if you are a PGM member.

http://blog.gentlegiantltd.com/?p=389

Not surprising that this was revealed as a SDCC exclusive, since there was a lot of speculation and rumors of it coming this year. I'm betting if we get a short red Snaggletooth in the main line for 2012 (which will probably be revealed at SDCC next month), then next year's exclusive will be a tall blue Snaggletooth to go with it. Smile

UPDATE: Uh oh... I just discovered that the item is now sold out on their site. I guess the only hope is getting it at SDCC or through the secondary market. This one was only limited to 1000 pieces though. It'll probably end up selling for as much as a real vintage vinyl cape Jawa by this time next year. That's just crazy. Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about that Jawa. I had one in my cart, and somehow it disappeared before I could pay for it. NOw it's sold out. I'm actually going to SDCC this year, but there's 125,000 people there, and now less than 1,000 Jawas, so it's not looking so good for me to grab one.

Also, I ended up canceling my EE order for the Vader and Leia. They bumped my ship date back to July and didn't even notify me, even though they are available right now on GG's site. So I ordered them through GG directly.

But for now, here's my collection so far.

Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 DSC_0438
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:27 pm

EE is often unreliable when it comes to preordering items. Many times I've seen stuff show up at retail or other online stores long before EE ever gets it in. Plus their customer service is a joke. I usually never have to deal with some e-tailer's customer service, but with EE I've had 3 different incidents of having the incorrect item ship to me, or a damaged item that needs to be returned and replaced, and every time I had to deal with that mess they'd always be a pain to work with.

I've been pre-ordering the GG 12" figs thru BBTS instead. BBTS is much more reliable and I love their "Pile of Loot" feature to save a little money on shipping. I got my Vader and Leia from them almost 2 weeks ago, and I just pre-ordered C-3PO and R2-D2 last week. Can't wait to get that R2. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giant sized original vintage figures!   Giant sized original vintage figures! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giant sized original vintage figures!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next