The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! Empty
PostSubject: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:22 pm

For those that haven't seen this yet Mogwai on RS spent a long time the other year putting together a giant vintage variants action figure poster together.

As he is sadly leaving the hobby he has decide to offer the poster images up for free to anyone who wants them as a parting gift Smile

He has also kindly allowed me to add the link for the download here on TIG as well.

I wish him luck for the future and want to say thank you for offering this out to the community Smile

Here is a little preview of the poster -

Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! Poster10

Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! Poster11
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm

Its a great poster and even better parting gesture actually - Beware this poster is HUGE - you won't be able to do it justice on your inkjet! LOL

Definitely one to be professionally printed and framed - its really nice !
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:42 pm

It is very nice indeed! And Joe is correct the poster is huge. Along with the file size! Smile

If nothing else, it's nice to have the digital file.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:15 pm

I already use it as my DESKTOP BACKGROUND ..It looks amazing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:38 pm

I saved it to my pic's.

When i go to make the pic bigger i can't see the writing the pic get's blurry. Sad Sad

I saved the bigger pic but only the middle section show's up Sad Sad

Dan.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:12 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:
I saved it to my pic's.

When i go to make the pic bigger i can't see the writing the pic get's blurry. Sad Sad

I saved the bigger pic but only the middle section show's up Sad Sad

Dan.

Use photo shop, the quality of the pic is just amazing, I can see all the details of the action figures!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Poster   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:15 am

Hi Folks

I'm glad you all like the poster, I tried to make it as close to an original cardback as i could as that gave me fond memories as a child when looking in the shops for new figures.

I was limited in size to the printer at my work which prints of A1 straight of the roll onto glossy kodak paper, i still have the original framed at home. at 24" x 71" the figures are almost full size but it will go bigger before bluring as each image is 12mp.

I originall started it because i was fustrated that there was no poster out there for us variant collectors, the closest i found was a special pull out poster from a magazine (i forget what its called) but that didnt include alot of major variants.

I tell you it took me nearly 6 months in total as cutting each figure from its background in photoshop was painstaking to say the least.

Anyway i hope you enjoy it and good luck
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:21 am

Man that thing is sweet!!!

Anyone who prints that out and makes a nice poster of it... I want it!!!
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:47 am

Mogwai this is a great thing you have done.

Very nice of you to share this with the vintage collecting community.

Thank you very much.

I am thinking rinting and framing on this.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:57 am

Hate to hear your leaving the hobby, mogwai. Best of luck to you in the future and thank you for the gesture of the poster. Downloading my copy now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:18 am

Mogwai welcome to TIG. welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome

Dan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dead Link   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi there, i'm new on this great forum and tried to download this amazing poster but got deadlink....
Anybody to add a new link please?
Congratulations and many thanks Mogwai!!!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:54 am

I printed this out the first few weeks i started collecting, i got it through Mogwai from the RS forum :-

Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! DSC05413

Its great being a photocopier engineer at times Smile
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:13 am

DAM I missed this too! Can anybody provide a link to download the full size image? Sad
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:23 am

There are 3 files: bmp, jpg & psd ( I have no idea about this computer stuff ) the printable ones may be too large to send via email? Anyway, if someone tells me what to do I'll try tongue
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:52 am

I have a ZIP-file here that's 56MB. Shocked
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:09 am

here's 40MB : http://www.sendspace.com/file/in2fk6
& 11MB http://www.sendspace.com/file/0kp6nn
I hope this is OK to do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Star Wars Poster- Updated Link   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:15 am

Here is an updated link for anyone who has missed it

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/156388/SWposter.zip

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Great Guys... thanks for all the links and taking the time to help out... the poster is Aewsome!

A great piece of work Mogwai!

Which file would be best for taking to a photo/print shop and printing out on posterpaper?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:05 am

Craig T wrote:
Great Guys... thanks for all the links and taking the time to help out... the poster is Aewsome!

Which file would be best for taking to a photo/print shop and printing out on posterpaper?

The photoshop image is on the one i used but i used a raw image, The one i supplied in the zip is a flattened image but should be ok as i made sure there was no quality loss. The raw image was huge and had so many elements to it.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:18 am

mogwai wrote:
Craig T wrote:

The photoshop image is on the one i used but i used a raw image, The one i supplied in the zip is a flattened image but should be ok as i made sure there was no quality loss. The raw image was huge and had so many elements to it.

So which one is that then? & what size do yu suggest we get it printed at? Large as possible i guess?
Thanks again mate, i'm definitely gonna get this up on my wall asap!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:05 am

Tank1252 wrote:
mogwai wrote:
Craig T wrote:

So which one is that then? & what size do yu suggest we get it printed at? Large as possible i guess?
Thanks again mate, i'm definitely gonna get this up on my wall asap!

I have to as well im going to go to the print shop my business uses later this week send them the files and see what options they have Smile
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 am

I'd be interested to know what they tell you Jay.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:15 am

just ask the photocopier engineer - Lee
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 am

Biggest i can get it to is Banner size on a copier which ends up at 10x30 inches
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!   Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Giant Vintage Starwars Figure Poster by Mogwai!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next