The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:35 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Another note:

Your believed faded Rebel Soldier with white/creme face has the same color as some Dengars!

Also I disbelieve you theorie on the CCP! There is tons of white faced CCPS and only 5 or 6 known pink faces! the point is: They are wether pick or white...there is no "stage" known with half "discolored" face....strange or?

Its unlikely all pale face CCP are disoclored...would be the same as all Tri Dengars would be disolored IMO!

I dont want to give ya a hard time Javi...or argue...or want to be the better "expert"...its just that I dont see it mate!
Hey,
no problem Wolff ,i dont have any interest in convince You or anybody else ,i am building My loose Poch/pbp collection for My own , i just thougth those picts could be interesting...
Btw i am not an expert If You Are meaning me....
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Hey Javi,

of course you are an expert! You had many of those in hands! Wink

And: these pictures ARE very interesting!! I always love to see the real rare PBP stuff!!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:17 am

Great discussion guys, I also think there discoloured figures.

There's been some great info on here about discoloured figures lately and I for one can't ignore this any more. To me Javi hit it on the head with his picture of the RS, makes clearer scene to me now, thanks for sharing guys.
javiswspain wrote:

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 Rsh_pb10

RetroRewindToys wrote:

Luke X-Wing PBP?
RetroRewindToys I'd never seen a Luke X wing with normal face before and automatically assumed they all had white faces. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Attached some pics of the Bossk I got from Spain. I believe this is a Poch/PBP as he has specific characteristics. Sorry if this has been already treated. The spanish Bossk has a,smaller arm patch. It has a very fine sculpt. Whilst the "Kenner version" has a flat sculpt for the skin, the Poch/PbP has a skin with overlapping scales. It has no COO. Pics below. The Poch is "crossed". Hope you guys will find this useful. Sorry for the bad pics, wish I could do better. What a Face

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 111
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 211
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 311
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 411
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 511
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 611
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 711

Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:21 pm

And dont forget the big lips!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for sharing Alex!! cheers

A great figure, which haven't been discussed before in this thread.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:18 am

Quote :
And dont forget the big lips!

True! the fat lips! : What a Face
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:32 am

Great bossk you got there Alex, thanks for giving us the low down on his differences. Was he found on POCH cards or was it PBP, any ideas?

Last edited by snaggletooth on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:22 am

Actually he was mixed with other Star Wars figures I got from Spain, I should check if the other figs have also different characteristics/COO. Honestly, I can't tell if this Bossk is POCH or PBP...
I also got a very goldish C3P0 (with a lot of loss paint unfortunately) with a screw in the back but it does not look like a Takara, could it be a POCH/PBP? Any idea? I will try to post a pic tonight...
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:55 am

Jedi Blueberry wrote:
Actually he was mixed with other Star Wars figures I got from Spain, I should check if the other figs have also different characteristics/COO. Honestly, I can't tell if this Bossk is POCH or PBP...
I also got a very goldish C3P0 (with a lot of loss paint unfortunately) with a screw in the back but it does not look like a Takara, could it be a POCH/PBP? Any idea? I will try to post a pic tonight...

Is there both Bossk's, PBP and POCH? The C3-PO sounds like the the PBP to me mate, nice one.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 am

I always thought Poch and PBP were the same company. Thats why its called Poch/PBP.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:15 am

Quote :
I always thought Poch and PBP were the same company. Thats why its called Poch/PBP.

Thanks for the clarification; I don't know much about the company history (I should say "nothing"!) Sad
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 am

Joe has a nice write up about it on his Tri-Logo site, third one down

http://trilogo.info/intro-history/european-countries-companies/

I tried to copy it from the site to post, but for some reason I couldnt. So I had to give Joe a free plug for the site. lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:32 am

Chris_J wrote:

I tried to copy it from the site to post, but for some reason I couldnt.

Lol sorry, it was a concious decision to remove the right click ability when viewing the site so pictures and content is not easily copied, although of course it wouldn't stop the most determined it does work for most people lol!

Consider the free plug very welcome lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:43 am

Oh I was determined. I tried 10 times before I gave up. lol! But that is a very good idea that other sites should consider. Makes the scammers do more work typing out the descriptions everybodys worked years on. But the site did turn up on page 2 of the Google search for Poch/PBP, very good sign.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:49 am

CTRL+C, CTRL+V works fine lol!
Thanks guys for the link, I will read that comfortably once at home. study
Alex
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:54 am

Lol yeah it does but luckily most people give up before they realise that Laughing

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:18 am

Chris_J wrote:

I think there's only certain figures that where found the POCH logo cards mate, that's what I was trying to get at with my questions. Is Bossk one of them or did he come on PBP cards or both?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:54 am

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere once that this Bossk figure has never been found on a PBP or POCH card. So there is no definite proof.
On the other hand the figure appeared in childhood collections from Spain but also in the UK (Palitoy)?

Some input needed from the experts here.

Wolff, Javi, Uli, Michael.....

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:29 pm

You can find this figure in spain indeed, but there´s still no proof of a carded one. (PBP or Poch card)
And yes, you´ll find them in the UK and also in Germany, because they were sometimes released on German GM 45backs and Palitoy 45backs. Not every 45 back countains this figure...only sometimes.
All carded ones I have seen had the single stem blister and not the double stem blister.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 2891587220082165665S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:08 pm

That's interesting that you say the UK Marco and Mike great info and pic there mate. I think I have the same figure here but without the big lips. What do you think?

Second from the right, Left leg 1980 L.F.L No COO 2 lines.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 18112011034
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 pm

No, the 2line no coo is a complete different figure.
The "PBP" Bossk is has a unique coo and is always a 1liner.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 PBPbosskcoo
Have a look at his legs how fine and detailed the are molded.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 Bosskcomparisonshot
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Mike, fabulous pics! Thanks! So this Bossk can be found in Germany. Good to know. What a Face

Jumping to another subject, I got this C3P0 with a screw in the back (first on the left side) from a Spanish friend. Unfortunately he is in really bad condition (paint losses), it is stamped "Hong Kong". An idea?

I take the opportunity to post a better pic of my Dark Chocolate Rebel Soldier. Certainly a very variation for you guys around but an "achievement" for a newbie like me. lol!

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 1110

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 1210

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 1310

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 1410

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 1510

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 1610
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:20 pm

That´s a PBP C-3PO actually it´s the same as the Lili Ledy, but when you got the figure from spain it´s definately from a PBP and not a Ledy card.
Very nice DBRS Cool
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:37 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
No, the 2line no coo is a complete different figure.
The "PBP" Bossk is has a unique coo and is always a 1liner.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 PBPbosskcoo
Have a look at his legs how fine and detailed the are molded.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 Bosskcomparisonshot

My mistake Mike, mines also a 1liner but the (c) is smaller. Same paint job though apart from the mouth, which is interesting. Also the leg details the same.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 18112011045

Alex, I love the rebel soldier mate, nice one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next