The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:34 am

All agreed the Han Hoth is early PBP/POCH, the Bossk looks very much like the figure in Uli's guide refered to as the European no coo, date in line equivalent to the PBP.
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Okay, this is interesting. I sold the Hoth Rebel Commander and the guy I sold him to has said that someone he asked ID's him as being a Poch figure (Pre-PBP) which explains the similarities (but no scar and no black boots) Could this be right? I suspect I let him go waaaaay too cheap if it is lol. Laughing

-J
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 pm

This is the POCH rebel Commander on a 37/41 back.

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Rebelcommander_esb37-41b

Your RC reminds me on one of mine.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1873-rebel-commander-question
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:06 am

Jeremy....yours is 100% no POCH figure!
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi All,

I just bought a bunch of poor condition figures from Holland and I found this Han amongst them. He looks like a PBP but he doesn't have a scarred COO? Also, in being from Holland is he possibly just a european Tri-Logo? (Maybe even a Clipper?)

He has the six sided belt buckle and is darker blue.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Hanhoth1.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Hanhoth5.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Hanhoth6.th

This looks like the Tri-Logo/PBP Dengar but the C.O.O. is a little different to the last ones I had. One part is scarred out, but the line above is also melted:
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Dengar1.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Dengar6.th

This Chewie has the COO marked as PBP on the old COO guide, but based on the PBP thread he doesn't seem to be?
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Chewbacca1z.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Chewbacca6.th

Also wondering about this rebel soldier has pale face and painted legs/moulded boots.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Rebelsoldier1.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Rebelsoldier6.th

And finally, this No COO Squidhead, I think is common Tri-Logo again. But he has lighter blue eyes which I didn't think Tri_logo Squiddies were supposed to have?
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Squidhead1.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Squidhead2.th

Can anyone help with any of these?

Best WIshes,

-Jeremy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:14 am

Discobob83 wrote:
Hi All,

I just bought a bunch of poor condition figures from Holland and I found this Han amongst them. He looks like a PBP but he doesn't have a scarred COO? Also, in being from Holland is he possibly just a european Tri-Logo? (Maybe even a Clipper?)

He has the six sided belt buckle and is darker blue.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Hanhoth1.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Hanhoth5.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Hanhoth6.th

This looks like the Tri-Logo/PBP Dengar but the C.O.O. is a little different to the last ones I had. One part is scarred out, but the line above is also melted:
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Dengar1.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Dengar6.th

Can't help you with the others Jeremy but you can find these 2 in these links
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2018p15-variant-of-the-week-han-solo-hoth

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3315-homage-to-dr-dengar-dengar-variants-by-hutthunter

Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find some info on the PBP (Or Poch?) AT-AT driver. In reading this thread, he's mentioned as having the 'Made In' and then a scar and being 'unconfirmed'. I found an AT-AT driver that has a 'Made In' COO and smells strongly like a PBP figure, but I'm struggling to find more information on how to identify him? He doesn't appear to have a scar as such.

I have two AT-AT drivers that just say 'Made In' with slightly different COO stamps, but this one has the PBP smell the other one doesn't?

Any ideas?

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 34snxwn
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Zwnbps
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Atatdriver2.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Atatdriver3.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Atatdriver4.th
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:50 pm

aussiejames wrote:
All agreed the Han Hoth is early PBP/POCH, the Bossk looks very much like the figure in Uli's guide refered to as the European no coo, date in line equivalent to the PBP.

Nope...the coo from PBP Bossk looks different and it has absolutely no characteristics of a PBP Bossk...mold, material, color, spray ops...all wrong!!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Discobob83 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find some info on the PBP (Or Poch?) AT-AT driver. In reading this thread, he's mentioned as having the 'Made In' and then a scar and being 'unconfirmed'. I found an AT-AT driver that has a 'Made In' COO and smells strongly like a PBP figure, but I'm struggling to find more information on how to identify him? He doesn't appear to have a scar as such.

I have two AT-AT drivers that just say 'Made In' with slightly different COO stamps, but this one has the PBP smell the other one doesn't?

Any ideas?

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 34snxwn
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Zwnbps
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Atatdriver2.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Atatdriver3.th
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Atatdriver4.th

Hey JJ.

your pictures are not showing.....dont know why!

ATAT Driver with "made in" is the same as Chewbacca "PBP". They are not exclusive to PBP cards and apear often in europe! This ATAT Driver is also not "POCH".

Normal examples with great emblems can achieve 20-30 euros (which I personally find too expensive). Rubbed emblems are worth a maximum of 10 euros if you ask me!
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:21 pm

wbobafett wrote:

Hey JJ.

your pictures are not showing.....dont know why!

ATAT Driver with "made in" is the same as Chewbacca "PBP". They are not exclusive to PBP cards and apear often in europe! This ATAT Driver is also not "POCH".

Normal examples with great emblems can achieve 20-30 euros (which I personally find too expensive). Rubbed emblems are worth a maximum of 10 euros if you ask me!

Hey Wolff,

Understood thanks! Very Happy

The weird thing that confused me is that I have two that just say 'Made In' but they are different. One has lighter coloured more orange paint, a softer, less defined torso mold and his COO stamp has a number of raised dots around it (though this might just be some kind of error) also, the other one (the one photographed above) smells strongly like a PBP figure, this one doesn't at all.

Are there two different Tri-Logo/European variants with a 'made In' COO?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:14 pm

What I want to know is, what does a PBP/Poch smell like. unsure Very Happy Im not in the habit of sniffing 30+ year old plastic, so I wouldnt know what a PBP, Kenner, or Tri-logo smells like.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Chris_J wrote:
What I want to know is, what does a PBP/Poch smell like. unsure Very Happy Im not in the habit of sniffing 30+ year old plastic, so I wouldnt know what a PBP, Kenner, or Tri-logo smells like.

If I could smell a difference I would smell them! Can you make like a smell sample for me when your at it? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Chris_J wrote:

Lol, I know it's weird. Laughing

I'd read several people referring to the smell of the plastic that is unique to PBP figures and I thought it was odd too. (Like you, I had never tried sniffing the figures) but the next couple of PBP figures I had I tried sniffing them and they have a VERY strong and distinctive smell compared to other figures. (At least, those that I've tried it with.) It's actually a really useful guide (if you already think a figure could be PBP - I haven't got in to the habit of sniffing every figure that comes in..not yet...Then I'll know I've hit rock bottom.) Wink

-J
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:23 pm

I can see the headlines now.

"Man dies from overdose from new way of getting high. Sniffing figures" Story at 9. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:37 pm

I hope it's the plastic that smells and not where it have been. :S I never heard it before, but I guess everything is useful. Maybe I can train my dog to find them, so I just spread out a large quantity of figures over the floor and she find them for me. PBP dog.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:25 am

It smells like childhood!!! And it strongly makes you addict for sure!!! So stay away!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:28 am

Discobob83 wrote:

The weird thing that confused me is that I have two that just say 'Made In' but they are different. One has lighter coloured more orange paint, a softer, less defined torso mold and his COO stamp has a number of raised dots around it (though this might just be some kind of error) also, the other one (the one photographed above) smells strongly like a PBP figure, this one doesn't at all.

Are there two different Tri-Logo/European variants with a 'made In' COO?

Its the same on some Hammerheads and Snaggletooth! They have the sold called "hard" parts, some have soft parts....a lot of them got mixed parts!!!! Another headache on this issue...I totally agree!!!

So there is 2 versions and even mixed ones.

The "real PBP" (only called so) is the smelling one, hard torso....sometimes hard limbs too..with magenta emblems (emblem color IS important). The orange ones are sold as normal ones!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:28 am

I know it is a bit off topic, but I still remember the strong smells of some of my childhood vintage toys. Two extremes:
- the flexible tube of the tripod laser gun: very sweet aromatic smell, probably caused by the plastifiers.
- bib fortuna's coat, very sharp unpleasant smell, more like ammonia.

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm SO training my dog now!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi guys,

A while ago the TIG team came up with the idea to launch a new POCH/PBP thread with a similar setup as the current Lili Ledy thread.
Now after Wolff started his very informative POCH blog on Star Wars Space Club last week, we realize that it might be a bit redundant to have a POCH/PBP thread here on TIG.

So we thought about it. Outcome: We think there is still a justification for such a thread here on this forum, as it would serve several goals at once:
  • To provide info on POCH/PBP figures
  • To let you post pics of your Spanish figures
  • To let you discuss these figures with the community

On the other hand, that is just what we think. We would like to know whether YOU like to have a PBP/POCH thread here on TIG. That’s what counts in the end.
Please let us know by a simple YES/NO.

In case we receive at least 15 YES votes (and more YES than NO) before Saturday July 14th, we will launch the thread and put energy in it.
If not, we understand, and we will just skip the whole project.

Please let us know

Cheers

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 Dia1-31
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Wolff is one of the pioneers of PBP/POCH discovery. I've learnt a great deal from his discoveries but I am sure there is still more to be found out. So YES I think it would be a great idea for a PBP/POCH thread Smile
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:51 pm

With the growing interest in these figures I think a dedicated thread would be a good idea. So, it's a YES from me!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm very greatful for wolfs work, and the guide, but I can not see why there should not be a thread. The Lili Ledy thread you started went great and was a great step forward and I'm sure even experienced Lili Ledy collectors learned something new in that thread. I learned more then a lot. Hell that thing is like the Lili Ledy bible now.

I'm all for a Poch PBP thread, it's also something I am very interested in and have a few of Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 pm

YES, YES,YES Smile
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Can cardbacks go on the thread too?

Smile

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next