The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:52 am

Idefix13 wrote:
The punch hole and the blister form is also told to be different on Spanish trilogo cards (very similar to the Meccano versions of trilogo cards). That's why they call the Yak packed with Gaffi stick a Spanish version... I hope I'm correct with this...

Javi - do you have a picture of a trilogo carded black boots RC at hand?

Uli

Hey Uli, thanks for explain Wink. i known that there are some few Tri cards with rounded punch hole and GMJ S.A. write on back and different bubbles which are called TRI cards Spanish version (like AMAN -AMAN ,Leia poncho and the Yak with gaffi stick, but i dont known if those figures inside are exclusive too???)
Again sorry , i really dont know enough about TRI cards... Sad

i dont have the pict of RC black boots TRI...and i have never seen it yet,please show me!!!
bounce bounce bounce bounce
EDIT:The RC black boots on TRI card is one of those you mean?like Yak W/Gaffi stick???
Cheers
Javi
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:01 pm

I guess it´s this one you are talking about. Wink
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 TrilogoRCblackboots
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:09 pm

What's different about the punch hole? I have some like that & some with a 'triangle' hanger tab.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:53 pm

aussiejames wrote:
What's different about the punch hole? I have some like that & some with a 'triangle' hanger tab.

The "triangle" punch is supposed to signify that it was released for the German market. Like for the German General Mills stuff.

That's according to Stephane's book. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
I guess it´s this one you are talking about. Wink
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 TrilogoRCblackboots

LOL Mirco!! I knew that would appear for helping us!!jejeje Thanks for sharing.
So ,this TRI card have PBP back? GMJ S.A. back?or what is the history of this TRI??
:scratch: :scratch:
Tell me ,tell me!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:48 am

No...it´s not a GMJ. It´s the standard Trilogo Card, but the blister is a french one imo.
This Rebel Commander was sold nearly two years ago at ebay for 240 Euro which is a real bargain for a carded black boots RC.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:22 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
No...it´s not a GMJ. It´s the standard Trilogo Card, but the blister is a french one imo.
RC.
So the RC Black boots is not exclusive to PBP cards, even isnt on a TRI with PBP cardback or TRI with GMJ cardback, so i guess it was also made in other countries ,then he must be out IMO
Thanks again MIrco!!
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Slow down Javi... too many questions are unanswered before you remove the RC:

Is the small blister French exclusive?
If so (not proven yet) - did the French workers maybe pack up PBP overstock figures?
Has someone seen the black boots RC on a GB, French, etc. ROTJ card?

Uli
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Hey Uli,i like this discussion , i like to learn Wink

The purpose of this thread is to determine which figures are exclusive to Spain, IMO we must to value:which figures were only packaged in POCH / PBP cards , must have unique characteristics and only availables in the Spanish market (in this point i am thinking on the discusion about MIM figures,maybe this is a similar exampe but spanish figures) .

As I said earlier I am no expert in TRI cards , but logically if there is a RC black boots in a TRI card didnt made in Spain (TRI FRONT / PBP cardback or GMJ cardbacks, as far as i know...),IMO he should not be included in this list.

Did the PBP workers have packed overstock RC black boots made in other countries?

Any thoughts TRI collectors?
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:27 am

Hm... for me the black boots RC still is a Spanish made figure until it is found on an other card than trilogo.

Anyone else on this?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:06 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Hm... for me the black boots RC still is a Spanish made figure until it is found on an other card than trilogo.

Anyone else on this?

I agree. First of all he is far to rare to be sold on many other Tri-cards! Otherwise It wouldnt be the first time you can get rare spanish figures also in France.....with slight different paint apps!

Maybe the Tri RC and the PBP RC are not exactly the same! IMO the color of the boots from Mircos picture looks quite different to the PBPs I;ve seen! Its dark and its darker then the "normal" dark boots....but IMO it looks more reddish (maybe its the red backround that reflects....pictures can fool sometimes Very Happy)!

Im also an unwise douch if it goes to Trilogo.

We need to do a lot of more research on these rare figures.....before banning the last ones from the lists!

I have a question to the Trilogo experts Mirco and Uli:
The Tricards shown on spanishstuff are spanish Trilogos or not or mixed up???

Wolff

Last edited by wbobafett on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:08 am

[edit: double post....sry
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 pm

They are mixed. I had a quick look over the figures.
Amanaman, Leia Combat, Zuckuss, Teebo, Wicket, Lumat,Nikto and Barada are spanish Trilogos.
Maybe I missed out some figures.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:39 pm

umm ,i think we are in the wrong way with this thread...
To save some time for ALL of us,IMO first of all ,we must to determinate which objectives caracteristics ( no founded in personal oppinions if possible)make a figure exclusive [u] POCH/PBP.Any suggestions?.
As i know that this will be too hard, we can make a list including the POCH or PBP figures which can also found in others cards like TRi or pailtoy etc...i know , they have slightly different caracteristics...
If this way doesnt works, i will give up with this matter...
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:43 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
They are mixed. I had a quick look over the figures.
Amanaman, Leia Combat, Zuckuss, Teebo, Wicket, Lumat,Nikto and Barada are spanish Trilogos.
Maybe I missed out some figures.
Mirco, what do you mean when you say"spanish Trilogos"?TRILOGO Made in Spain Front? PBP cardback?GMJ S.A. card back ?or???
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:47 pm

1.Hybrid cards(PBP 65back)
2.Blister, used only in Spain like Amanaman (special shaped blister usually used for Superpowers MOCs), standard spanish blister like Barada.
3. Large punch with GMJ on the backside.

I guess that´s all?
Any suggestions for more?
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 pm

javiswspain wrote:
...make a figure exclusive [u] POCH/PBP.Any suggestions?.

For me all figures made or modified in Spain are Poch/PBP exclusive.

Modified means that it could be possible that Poch/PBP bought figure parts from HK (or so), painted and assambled the figure in Spain (the brown legs Han Hoth for example).

Uli
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 pm

hey Mirco, does any trilogo card writen Made in Spain on the front instead Made in Hong-Kong?
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:38 pm

I don´t think so.
Some have small white Stickers stickers with "Made in Spain" attached over the COO.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:36 pm

javiswspain wrote:
hey Mirco, does any trilogo card writen Made in Spain on the front instead Made in Hong-Kong?

do you have one figure marked with made in spain coo????....so to be correct: no figure is poch/pbp exclusive.... :cool laugh:

hehe!

Serouisly...a figure produced in spain and offered on Tri cards...no matter which tri card must still be a pbp exclusiv IMO...especially if it goes about spabnish Trilogos!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Mirco...hoe do you see which is which????

I cannot tell differneces on spanishstuff!
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:02 pm

First there are/is special shaped blister used only in spain. Nut sure, but I think Amanaman is the only figure.
Have a look at Amamans blister in the spanish archive and compare it with my standard Amanaman blister.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 2783755130082165665DfCyEv_th
Do you see the different blisterstyle? This spanish blister was usually used for Superpowers MOCs, you know Superman and that stuff.

Next there are hybrid cards...front is Trilogo, back is PBP 65back. If you don´t have a chance to see the back, have a look at the blister. All hybrids have the typical spanish blister. Here´s my B-WingPilot.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 2232930830082165665pivWQa_th
Here is a common Nien Nunb with the standard blister just to tell the difference of the blister.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 2016238480082165665QUKAON_th
There are only a few figures released on a hybrid cards:
Wicket
Teebo
Luke X-Wing
Rancor Keeper
8d8
Nikto
B-Wing Pilot
Zuckuss

At last there are GMJ cards.
Here´s one...my Wicket.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 2119674300082165665uQadHj_th
They look like early french cards with Macao punch and small blister, but there is a little difference on the back.
Standard Trilogos have PBP S.A. Spain on the back and spanish GMJ cards have GMJ S.A. Spain.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 Dfd
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 001-1
Back to top Go down
CLONERZ
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Im pretty sure this one is a PBP figure, very nice han carbonite on the tri cardback with the "amanaman" type bubble. I have asked and looked, but have never found another like this. Im fairly sure it's a spanish variation though.

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 IMG_0283
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeeahhh Cool ...I remember that Han. Is that your figure? I saved the pictures of your Han carbonite already a couple of years ago on my PC.
I have never seen this Han Carbonite with this big blister again. I wish I could believe it is a spanish blister...but there is no spanish blister with etched edges!!! Early french Trilogos do also have no etched edges. I guess the secret of your Han will hold on for a long while...but one day...someone tells us the source Rolling Eyes I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Nice post Mike, also just noticed the French address changes from one card to the other on those PBP/GMJ tri cardbacks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next