The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
CLONERZ
New User
New User

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Mike, i need to clarify what you mean by "etched edges", i dont understand what you mean. The edges are straight cuts, not rounded like on a kenner figure, is that what you mean? Apart from that, the figure seems pretty much normal except the large bubble. I have been told it's PBP, but im certainly open to other suggestions, very few people seem to know for sure what it is. I wonder if anyone else has one like it, even if it's a diffrent character???
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
They are mixed. I had a quick look over the figures.
Amanaman, Leia Combat, Zuckuss, Teebo, Wicket, Lumat,Nikto and Barada are spanish Trilogos.
Maybe I missed out some figures.

Sorry, my mistake. Leia Combat in the spanish star wars stuff archive is NOT a spanish Trilogo card.
It does have the Macao punch...but the blister is a small one...which was only used in France.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:57 pm

javiswspain wrote:

Well, that confirmed PBP variants have minor flaws in theirs molds( a plane mark/s on back),(i have confirmend with Mirco,MikeskywalKer, owner of an other Rc black boots and his RC have the same flaws as mine).
Long time ago i realized that some "regular" figures found in a Spainsh lots, purchased fron NON COLLECTORS SELLERS(so mix up with Kenner figures was not possible)have the same minor flaws on thiers molds and have differnet paint job.Some of that figures were resold time ago Sad , but i still having some of them ....
Here you are a pict of my RC black boots, Han hoth Chocolatte legs , Sandpeople and luke bespin.
You can see the minor flaws(plane marks on back) that i mean
what do you think guys? did you found in others countries that kind of plane marks on back?
ALso please check the comparison shot between my Kenner translucend face and the Luke found in Spain(differnt paint job on face and hands also grey limbs)PLay attention to the white hands on luke bespin and luke pilot.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0414The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0415The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0416The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0417The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0418The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0419The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 210The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0014The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Dsc_0015
NOTE : ALL the marks on figureĀ“s back are NOT playwear Wink

Still looking for figures with same plane marks on back, any info or opinions?
Cheers
JAvi
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:23 pm

CLONERZ wrote:
Mike, i need to clarify what you mean by "etched edges", i dont understand what you mean. The edges are straight cuts, not rounded like on a kenner figure, is that what you mean? Apart from that, the figure seems pretty much normal except the large bubble. I have been told it's PBP, but im certainly open to other suggestions, very few people seem to know for sure what it is. I wonder if anyone else has one like it, even if it's a diffrent character???

By etched I think he means they are bevelled edges on the blister corners going from front to back instead of the other Tri-bubbles which are smooth. Hope this helps dude. My tri Scout has bevelled edges. Not sure which are rarer the smooth or bevelled.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 am

I have recently obtained a Luke Bespin. It has COO no. 5 in Wolff's scheme
It also came with a LL/PBP saber. As it is not a LL figure to me, I wonder whether it could be PBP.

Any ideas?

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 P100925_120015

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 P100925_120042

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 P100925_120137

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 P100925_120215

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
I have recently obtained a Luke Bespin. It has COO no. 5 in Wolff's scheme
It also came with a LL/PBP saber. As it is not a LL figure to me, I wonder whether it could be PBP.

Any ideas?

Hi Dr Dengar, to me is a regular translucent face variant,where did you found it if may i ask ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:04 am

javiswspain wrote:

Hi Dr Dengar, to me is a regular translucent face variant,where did you found it if may i ask ? Very Happy

Hey Javi, I bought the figure via ebay. I have just sent you a PM for the details.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:49 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
javiswspain wrote:

Hey Javi, I bought the figure via ebay. I have just sent you a PM for the details.

Hi Marco!,
PM on the way mate,
Javi
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:37 am

Hi Javi how is the PBP guide coming along.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:02 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:
Hi Javi how is the PBP guide coming along.
The TIG developer team is working now on the PBP guide Smile, We need some time to put all the info together Wink
Cheers
JAvi
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Good stuff Javi.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:07 am

Hi Javi

I finally got round to reading through this thread and its great info your getting down, great that every ones chipping in too.

I seen this what rebel chris posted on another thread and thought it might help, Lando with out the black neck.(hope you don't mind me posting it here chris)

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Front11

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 Back11
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 am

Lando black neck was only released on Poch Cards. This here is a common Hong Kong figure...not even the no coo scar Lando.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks, Is this a re-card then or did PBP sell the HK fig also? Where did the Lando scar COO fig originate from?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 am

The Poch logo was on ESB cards Snaggletooth - PBP was just a longer company name, the first P in PBP = Poch

As far as I can remember from speaking to Uli, Scars were from HK molds that were altered.

So - the black neck lando is Spanish but an earlier released figure, the Lando above if it's an HK COO means it was just produced before the molds were altered.

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:52 am

Joe_O wrote:
The Poch logo was on ESB cards Snaggletooth - PBP was just a longer company name, the first P in PBP = Poch

As far as I can remember from speaking to Uli, Scars were from HK molds that were altered.

So - the black neck lando is Spanish but an earlier released figure, the Lando above if it's an HK COO means it was just produced before the molds were altered.

Thanks for that Joe, I only ask because I have a lando with scar and automatically presumed he was PBP but the more I lean the more complicated its getting.

I figured the scars where from molds that where altered but by who, PBP? and for what purpouse, Tri-logo?

Scott

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 am

Well I still think its confusing so you aren't alone Laughing

PBP did have their own molds at some stage and passed these on to Ledy before the trilogos came into play in Europe..so they were producing their own product for Spain during ESB era.

The molds went to Ledy at some point during ROTJ production and PBP got figures from the far east instead (correct me if im wrong someone) at some stage the molds were changed over in the factories in Hong kong etc - (so filling a mold would make it blank etc) not sure why they did that but its one of those things thats a tiny and insignificant production change that turns into a missing link for collectors.

The molds + product shipped to Mexico for use in the Ledy factory result in PBP/Ledy variants being sometimes hard to distinguish because of the same molds being used.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am

BTW- It's not known 100% what was sent from Spain to Mexico, I think its been said that product was shipped to Mexico as a test to see if it would sell (as the language was the same and they didn't have to make brand new cards ) I don't know for sure if the molds were sent..I always presumed that they were because Ledy had the molds for sure - thats why we find test shots etc that were sent through the molds with junk plastic so they must have got them from somewhere.

It also makes sense that production tools from PBP were downsized and used elsewhere as Europe was going to soon get Trilogos (a change General Mills put into place to cut costs) and we already know PBP was officially taken over by GM just before things ended so there were probably already changes happening in the years before Trilogos to ensure money was being saved.

I would love to know the ins and outs of this side of things - I just don't know where to go to find the answers..alot of it is guesswork based on little fact.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks for your replies Joe, very interesting mate and has helped clear things up a bit for me Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 am

And to clarify lol - I don't think anyone knows for sure if PBP "had" the molds (i.e they were in Spain) but Ledy definitely did, so when we say PBP gave the molds to Ledy- that means if they had them they shipped them and if they didnt then their supplier shipped them over (wherever that was)
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Joe_O wrote:
And to clarify lol - I don't think anyone knows for sure if PBP "had" the molds (i.e they were in Spain) but Ledy definitely did, so when we say PBP gave the molds to Ledy- that means if they had them they shipped them and if they didnt then their supplier shipped them over (wherever that was)

I think one way to know for sure would be to have a list of all known PBP variants, true PBP variants. And to cross reference them with other known variants. That would help us determine whether or not PBP actually produced their own figures in the way that Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and China did.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe 100% that PBP produced their own figures. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but it doesn't seem to add up in my head right now for some reason. I would think they more likely packaged figures that were shipped to them from another country. But again, I don't know that for sure either.

That's why I suggested a list of known PBP variants, to try and track down where they were made for sure.
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 pm

PBP produced their own figures, but in my oppinion...they also got figures from Kenner factories (China,Hong Kong).
That would explain why you can find the LL/PBP Yoda on PBP Cards, but also other Yodas were released on spanish ROTJ cards.
Most of the carded ROTJ Biker Scout on PBP Cards are not the PBP Scouts. Actually I have seen only one carded PBP Scout. All other Scouts are Hong Kong, Taiwan or whatever, but no PBP Scouts.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:47 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
PBP produced their own figures, but in my oppinion...they also got figures from Kenner factories (China,Hong Kong).
That would explain why you can find the LL/PBP Yoda on PBP Cards, but also other Yodas were released on spanish ROTJ cards.
Most of the carded ROTJ Biker Scout on PBP Cards are not the PBP Scouts. Actually I have seen only one carded PBP Scout. All other Scouts are Hong Kong, Taiwan or whatever, but no PBP Scouts.

I'm sorry Mike, I don't quite understand. How are they PBP scouts then, if they didn't come from PBP cards?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I honestly don't understand. I'm new to the whole variant thing, so I'm honestly asking that question. How can they be classified as PBP if they didn't come off of PBP cards?
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Chris dude Smile
its a simple question.PBP packed differnet biker scouts, most of them were imported directly from Kenner (maybe over stock ??)Hong Kong or Taiwan figures, BUT PBP at its factory ,also made a few Bikers , i think most of those bikers were realized for the COLGATE tooth paste promotion, as far as i know there is only one known carded example.
Hope this help
cheers
J.
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: PBP or NO PBP??   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 am

Hi Guys

just want a confirmation on this Han figure of mine is he a PBP?
mucho gracias!

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 007mfm

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 004ufi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next