The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 11:48 am

I appreciate the kind words on my 20 Back I Raider.  I wanted a 20 Back Stormtrooper but was outbid in the last 3 seconds.  Love the fact that its unpunched and the only minor distracting attribute is a small amount of price tag residue.  

Back in the day I had a 12 Back Raider and to my everlasting regret I sold it while in college. :I am stupid:

Happy I joined TIG, you all rock! cheers

Last edited by TheSchwartz on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Picked these up as well.

I've got to slow down or the wife will murder me. 2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Ljedi10
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_9810
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Nice additions! I'm a big fan of the blue saber version. Cool

Your wife can't murder you if you buy up all the vintage goodness and flee the country. cheers
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Darthmatt22- Very Clever Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:26 pm

TheSchwartz - congrats on the blue saber snap cape Luke Jedi. I was lucky to get this version ages back. An excellent LJ combo.
That white TIE looks a beauty :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:37 am

Nice Luke Jedi Schwartz! be careful now... I just wanted one Luke and look what happened to me! affraid

Are you planning on breaking him out? Or is your plan to have a graded set?

Massive kudos on the White Tie, That is lovely - I can't see any discolouration at all. Really nice piece. I like the way you have it set up there with your drink so you can sit back and enjoy it whilst ye sip. Cool

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:53 am

This will be probably my biggest purchase for 2017... My beloved EB DT Luke that I had as a kid. I stupidly sold it when I didn't need to and regretted it. I couldn't believe my luck when, after taking a huge break from collecting, it reappeared on eBay just as I re-start the hobby.  

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Dt_luk10

Figure #2 in the beginning of a long journey... is Squid Head... I checked him over and the gun and accessories look to be all correct. Plan is to pick up a lot of cheaper characters with some more expensive ones in between. Until I have a complete mint set again.

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Squid10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 8:54 am

Craigy - congrats on being reunited with your old Luke. Just read the back story in your other thread. I like the pic of Luke in front of the family clock, The clock even has the word 'Imperial' on it, just to add to the SW flavour cheers Nice Squiddy too!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Good plan about buying the cheaper figures first.

You'll love the prices of the Last 17. Cool

So happy you got your DT Luke back! He can reign king as the crown jewel of your collection. What a way to jump start things! cheers
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks for all the praise on my latest additions.

For better or worse, I've decided to move forward purchasing Cased/Graded figures.  

I do have about 12-15 loose ungraded figures that I purchased back in the early 90's- I keep them safely stored away in addition to my Y-wing and Jabba.  

I have soft white light bulbs in my basement which is why I brought the White Tie upstairs.  Show's it's true white nature more accurately.  

CraigT- That DT Farmboy Luke is Awesome! Majoy props for getting him back.  I picked up a Taiwan Farmboy (AFA 80+) Recently but it's not a DT.  They are going to crazy money these days and I find myself selling off some of my Single Malt Scotch and Rare Coins to help finance my SW purchases (the way the SW market is trending, they may be a better investment lol! )
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi Schwartz,

Yep it crazy how much the vintage toys have rocketed. I have tracked down a few pieces from my old haul and it going to cost between 6 - 10 times what I sold the items for originally to get back. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

On the positive side, I picked-up a few more nice loose figures and I'm just wating for them to arrive.

Glad you like the ocasional malt!! I moved to Aberdeenshire, Scotland around 6 years ago, so I am very lucky (from my point of view) to have distilleries literially on my doorstep. I often buy the most expensive bottles, but unfortunately I have no willpower and they get drunk. Have some nice cut glass decanters and glasses from which to enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 9:49 am

Craig,

Looking forward to seeing pics on your recent additions.  I know you are a wealth of information and was wondering, based on your experience, do you find TW Lukes are less common than their HK counterparts?  

Also, major league jealously on the location of your homestead-  Living in such close proximity to them has to be awesome, and I'm sure you can purchase high end malts for significantly less than I can.  :Drool:

Below is a small sampling of my collection- (I realize this is a SW forum, hope I'm not banned now)

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_9811

I visited Scotland back when I was in High School- My father won a Golf trip through his employer.  Unbelievable country and the locals were very friendly.  We played the old course at St. Andrews and carnoustie (among others) - Amazing experience.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 1:10 pm

I would kill to play the old course, its a lifelong dream
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 3:45 pm

got a Taiwan bib . funny I never knew of the green lining inside this variants coat . that's what I love about this hobby theres always something you learn even after 3o years

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Bib_ta11
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Cool variant Bill cheers  Are there any other differences in the cape compared to your others?
The pic we have on imperialgunnery.com show 3 different shades and possible differences in the pattern too.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/clothcapesskirts.htm

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Bf_cap10

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Paul, yeah totally . the taiwans cape is darker than the hong kong , made in hong kong and no coo euro version with the forward holes in the feet that I own . theres also thickness and pattern differences . its funny how these things still make me so happy and how cool it is to discover variant differences in paint , mold and accessories when ya got them in hand cheers
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Nice pick up on the Taiwan Bib, Bill! And definitely worthwhile and exciting to find something new. pirat
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:33 pm

So here's kind of a big milestone for me.  Rolling Eyes

The "last" figure I needed for completion!  cheers  cheers  cheers

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1310
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1311
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1313
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1312
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 pm

So you did it? That's a full run of figures? ......

Yes?

if so, then...

cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Congrats Matt you did it celebrate  :cantina:

darthmatt22 wrote:
So here's kind of a big milestone for me.  Rolling Eyes

The "last" figure I needed for completion!  cheers  cheers  cheers

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1310
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1311
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1313
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Img_1312
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Yup! At least one of each figure complete. cheers  :buzzing:

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:19 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
Yup! At least one of each figure complete. cheers  :buzzing:

Thanks!

Holy cow that's awesome! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Congrats Matt!

Well done Sir. :clap:
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:04 pm

congrats Matt cheers cheers cheers

welcome to variant collecting now geek
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 3:26 am

Hi Guys, just catching up in this thread.

Hello Schwartz:

Thanks for that, based on my collecting experience, I found the Taiwan Luke MOC much easier to find than the Hong Kong versions. They are also the much more commonly found figures in sealed baggies too!
Note also, the Taiwan Luke is the only Luke to appear on every cardback variation up to POTF 92 Back, whilst the Hong Kong versions only exist up to 77 Backs, One Hong Kong Factory continued to make Luke Jedi figures for the non-USA market, i.e. for Palitoy and other European distributors and the moulds from the other Hong Kong Factory were used to make Lili Ledy versions.

Golf-wise, I have been gifted a lovely set of clubs by my father in-law, but yet I haven’t had a chance to learn. It’s on my bucket list though! There are some crazy mad golfers in my office though – They even turned our office floor in to an 18 hole mini course for a couple of weeks, taking shots through peoples desks and all sorts.

Now that’s what I call a collection – The Balvenie is a nice sip… I recently finished my Double Wood – the 21 Year Old would be a nice treat. I have tried a cheaper version of the Macallan – after taking a bottle back home for the old man at Christmas. I have not the opportunity to venture with the Japanese Yamazaki though, though I would like to try. Here a current snap shot of my drinky table (sorry mods... promise to put any further photos in off-topic thread)… Currently enjoying a few on the go and there a few display only models which I will do my very best not to glug:

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 Whisky10

Bushmills is a Distillery Exclusive from 2008 when I lived in Ireland for a bit and travelled to Northern Ireland to see the North Coast (Giant’s Causeway, etc.) its brother was a great drink – I can posts some more photos in an off-topic thread but they made a label for me with my name on and day I visited and I collected the bottle after the tour, Dalwhinnie is a little bottle I picked up from that distillery about 7 years ago… It really nice but I try not to hammer it too much. The Glenrothes is an absolute gem – the Select reserve will have you coming back for another. Penderyn is from my homeland (Wales) this version has a nice Madeira finish. The Fettercairn is literally true single malt – one of 190 bottles that came from a single cask, its 58.2% Vol, if you want to seriously collect then little certificated runs from rare single casks are the way to go. indy

Hello Hellhippie / Bill

That’s a really nice bib mate, as it happens, I had that version and I assumed that every bib figure had a green lining. So you’re right it is amazing what you can learn after all these years.   bounce

The face paint on yours looks fantastic; I never noticed it before, but bib has two staff variations one with the topmost circular part having a hole and one like yours with a solid one. Is each staff unique to a COO? I am not sure now if my old figure had the wrong combination.

When I bought my original figures in the mid-90s, the gent who sold me mine would keep all his weapons separate from the loose figures. All figures for each character were in separate icecream boxes) in the boot (trunk) of his car… this allowed us to pick which figure condition we wanted and pick which accessory too (I remember some of the guns and staffs being chewed or painted) so I would of picked the best of the best, I suppose I thought they were all the same back then so it didn’t matter. I am recollecting a loose set so it’s like 1995 for me again in terms of excitement in putting together a complete run. But I think this time, I will use the huge resources available to read-up about each figure that I pick-up to see the variants which are available and check I have the correct combination. study study

Bonjour Paul,

Ca Va? Bien? (ok.. that the limit of my school's ability to teach me French)

Thanks for that link, I will be going there to have a good read. Wow it looks I have a lot of posts to catch-up on TIG. cheers

Hello Matt,

A massive Kudos for completing your goal! Cool Cool Cool

The blue snag is always a lovely piece of icing for the cake, when it comes to getting the run. Are you going to set them all up for the final photo? I stupidly sold mine but I kept the AFA number and I am hoping to rebuy it if it ever emerges on eBay.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 9:45 am

Craig,

Thank you for the information, much Obliged.  You've got a nice collection, when I visited Scotland some of my best times were in the company of family, Dalwhinnie and Carlsberg beer.  

I can only imagine what it was like to have a mini course in your office, sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next