The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Should I add in the weapons or just leave them locked away?
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Broke wrote:

Congrats on your lovely display, it looks really good!  cheers  ... especially that R2  Wink

I would recommend keeping all weapons with the figures they came with. That way in the future and we're trying to match figures with correct variants of weapons we have more evidence to say "this accessory came with that figure", I realise a MoC is best for that but they can be hard to come by. The TIG guide is invaluable for that too, I always try to re-match the correct weapon, type, color to the figure if one was not present.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Haha, yeah thanks for the figures. They are great! Also check your PM. I think you have something else I want.

mat8yr wrote:
Broke wrote:

Congrats on your lovely display, it looks really good!  cheers  ... especially that R2  Wink

I would recommend keeping all weapons with the figures they came with. That way in the future and we're trying to match figures with correct variants of weapons we have more evidence to say "this accessory came with that figure", I realise a MoC is best for that but they can be hard to come by.  The TIG guide is invaluable for that too, I always try to re-match the correct weapon, type, color to the figure if one was not present.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 9:58 am

I have a complete and working (electronics too) X-Wing fighter incoming today. Also I bought a Tie Fighter in the same shape last night. I'll post pics when it gets here.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:12 am

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 ZQfXJTJ

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Qpi7z9f

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 NawhuFI

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 ToGMvfF
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:14 am

These guys have come in over the past couple of weeks, mainly from my Wife. The Battle Star figure I picked up el dirt cheapo for my Cantina...

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Latest14
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:20 am

I want to see your Cantina.

PS Please
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:21 am

Hey Broke, congrats on your gorgeous X-Wing Fighter!
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:24 am

Broke wrote:
I want to see your Cantina.

PS Please

Hey Broke, I will snap a pic in a bit...
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:35 am

nice pickups, is one of those c3pos the alternate head sculpt takara version? It may just be my eyes and the reflection of the head on the silverfish one, but his face is hard to see.

Yeah, if you are talking a custom cantina throw some pics down in the diorama section or customizing section.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:48 am

trappedtexan wrote:
nice pickups, is one of those c3pos the alternate head sculpt takara version? It may just be my eyes and the reflection of the head on the silverfish one, but his face is hard to see.

Yeah, if you are talking a custom cantina throw some pics down in the diorama section or customizing section.

Hello... I don't know about the C-3PO, he came in a small lot with the R5-D4, and a really waxy looking Greedo that I did not photograph... I can get you a better pic later...

As far as the Cantina goes, its my Kenner one... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:52 am

check the coo marking. takara is japan. I doubt he is since he came in a group lot. many know he is fairly rare and since there were only 3 takara japan coo figures he is on the expensive side. Only vader, stormtrooper, and c3po have japan coo figures.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 12:03 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
check the coo marking. takara is japan. I doubt he is since he came in a group lot. many know he is fairly rare and since there were only 3 takara japan coo figures he is on the expensive side. Only vader, stormtrooper, and c3po have japan coo figures.

Hey Bryan,

I checked both C-3PO's and they are both MIHK... The Gold one did look a little weird to me at first, but he has a 3 line Coo with MIHK on it, so you were right on about him coming in the lot. Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Hey Broke,

Here are the pics of my Cantina...

I thought the 4 armed B.S.G. Alien would make a good bartender with all those arms, lol... Hope you like the pics man, thanks!

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Cantin13

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Cantin12

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Cantin11

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Cantin10

Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Dude, that set is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Broke wrote:
Dude, that set is awesome.

Thanks man!

I bought that cantina years ago at an antique type shop that had toys and games... It had come in with a collection that was in a shed or something, and it was totally covered in bugs and dirt and who knows what else, but my wife and I felt bad for it so we bought it and cleaned it up...

Since I never had one when I was little it was not something that we were looking for... but my Wife loves it, and I really do enjoy it too... Its a great playset, and fun to set figures up in too...
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Do you make customs?  I see an alien in there that appears to have vintage style articulation but was never made during vintage days, just curious on him.

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Cantin10

I have a ton of custom figures I made way back when, but they have all been stored in my attic for going on about 10 years now. I am sure many need touchups and some love. I may try to dig them out one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Hey Bryan,

You should definitely rescue those figs from the attic man, I know I would love to see pics...

Also, the figure in the picture is a mid to late 90's release, maybe a cinema 3-pack?

I don't know for sure, but I always see him on eBay on the cheaps, and I love him... I hate mixing figures, and dont really care for modern, but some of those mid 90's figures are wonderful because they fit in okay with the Kenner figures...

I am a big fan of continuity, and the simple articulation and paint apps is perfect for mixing into the vintage line without wrecking the look...

By the way, if I could make customs like that I would quit my day job, lol!
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Bryan, I just copied this info below from rebelscum... he did come from a cinema scene 3 pack... I believe his/her name is Nabrun Leids

CANTINA ALIENS

Labria | Nabrun Leids | Takeel

Source: (A New Hope)

Year: 1998

Retail: $19.99

Assortment: Cinema Scenes

Assortment Number: 84035/84059

UPC Number: 7628184059

Packaging Variations:
None

Weapons and Accessories:
2 Blasters
Rifle
Cape
Base
Cardboard Background
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Hey Bryan, here is a pretty cheap one on eBay right now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-NABRUN-LEIDS-1999-HASBRO-POTF-CANTINA-ALIENS-FIGURE-WITH-GUN-/302304261578?hash=item4662bcf5ca:g:rcYAAOSw3utY4Uh8
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Great dio man! Love it!

Had to grab this, a great Canadian Transition ATAT Commander!!

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 20170510

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 12:34 am

Holy smokes that AT-AT Commander is badass!! Never seen one like that, Congrats man!!
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 7:51 am

Really nice John
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Another one today. Thanks, yet again, Mat8yr for a fabulous item:

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 OM0bUkb

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 M8VzgUc

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 RQrUIVs

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 3vl0U2E

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 Rzw8pZN
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 2:36 pm

As bad as stormtroopers shoot, I can see this tie crashing before takeoff. lol! Great addition to your collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next