The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 7:55 am

cool greedo
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:24 am

Thank you!

Almost sent it in for grading, but I bought a sliding bottom case for it instead... Its also nice to be able to take it out of the case and just look at it without anything on it or around it...
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:39 am

I hear ya . Im a loose collector and have opened a few graded fogures from their afa cases
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:55 am

Carded or loose graded?

I thought those U grades on loose figures were terrible because of all the carded examples that get destroyed in the process....
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 10:00 am

I open the afa cases that people get loose figures graded in . Not opening a moc example . Thats a big no no
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 10:08 am

That is too funny! So you rescued some loose graded examples... You know that might be a great topic to start for people to post in... Submit photos of vintage items that you have rescued...

I did rescue a few carded figures that were going to be opened in order to retrieve the mint figure inside... They are in pretty bad shape, but I just could not let it happen, so I forked over the cash and kept them to this day, lol!

And by the way I did not think you opened a moc example... I was asking if you cracked the case to get a moc example out the acrylic, lol!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Thats a great looking Greedo.
In my eye's the price stickers are a part of the history of that card and as such should be left there, I love the ones that have like three different store stickers on it, you know its been passed around and still not sold how unlucky is that.
Funnily enough on one of the Facebook groups someone posted a picture of what he called a practise card that had the price sticker removed before he went at some more valuable ones, at reading that I was screaming at my computer screen, but alas to coward to type anything because I couldn't be doing with the hassle that would of fallen on me "it's his collection he can do what he want" etc
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12    2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 3:35 pm

I could not agree with you more on this, you are right those sticklers are a part of history too... I love seeing old stickers from stores that we went to when we were kids that are no longer in existence... It was certainly a different world back then...

Has anyone started a gallery thread up here for price stickers on old sealed stock? I would love to see all the carded figures and sealed vehicles with their price stickers, and clearance stickers and what not...
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 9:36 am

John - Congrats on the JEJ Vader case. I remember when you first initiated that. Great he came through in the end cheers

Machinegunn wrote:
This was the last carded figure I acquired... I really love some of those old five & dime store price stickers. I know a lot of collectors remove them for AFA grading, but I have never had the heart. Old price stickers & offers are part of the nostalgia for me, so I never disturb them, even if I grade them...

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 1983_s20

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 1983_s18

Machinegunn - congrats on the Greedo moc, such a cool character cheers  

I'm also a fan of price stickers and love seeing the different versions and stores.

Can't recall a price stickers thread so go ahead and start one if you like. I took pics of what few moc I have to catlogue the stickers which I can add. My favourites are the John Menzies stickers from UK.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 11:19 am

Artoo_Detour, thanks for the kind words on the Greedo... I will go ahead and take some photos as well and get the price sticker thread started as soon as possible... I can't wait to see the John Menzies stickers from UK!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 2:10 pm

My new Luke came in today. It's better than I expected. It's a C8 whatever that even means. This one stung price wise much more than the others but it's the price we pay. And compared to what everyone here spends it's probably not much. I bought 2 vintage R2D2s from a gentleman here that should arrive this week. A dark dome and lighter dome.

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 1lQYJUm

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 Z83TwAT

Old vs New:

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 EOPlWoA
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Broke,

I don't know what you paid for that Luke, but whatever it was he was worth every penny! He is absolutely beautiful! Very nicely painted face, and he has an unbroken Lightsaber... those have become so scarce it's not even funny. Congrats on the Luke, and I look forward to photos of the two R2 units.

Last edited by Machinegunn on Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 3:22 pm

By the way Broke,

I just realized that you got a Coo Taiwan Luke, those are Awesome!! That version is my personal favorite and one I do not see very often... love the color of the legs too, very nice man... No wonder he has such a cool face! Congrats again man!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Machinegunn wrote:
Broke,

I don't know what you paid for that Luke, but whatever it was he was worth every penny! He is absolutely beautiful! Very nicely painted face, and he has an unbroken Lightsaber... those have become so scarce it's not even funny. Congrats on the Luke, and I look forward to photos of the two R2 units.

The saber is a reproduction. I wish it wasn't. But the Luke looks surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
Jez
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jez

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Awesome looking Greedo MachineGunn.
Great signed Vader Helmet, a brilliant story.
So many great things being shown on here on a regular basis, it's really cool to see.

Hi Broke, i don't comment on here much at all i'm afraid however i check in every month as part of some podcast research.  I absolutely love it when I see new collectors with such enthusiasm and fun join the hobby. I remember fondly what it was like, the buzz, the hunt, the pitfalls, the joys and disappointments and the new terms to learn, lots of fun on a new adventure! I'm envious of the journey you are embarking on.
If i could give you one piece of advice though, don't be afraid to ask questions before you leap.  This community (especially the forums) is at least 95% full of really well meaning and knowledgable people (like you've already seen). None of us want to see you get burnt mate, we all have been at one point and it's never nice. Use this great asset of a forum wisely and you'll do absolutely fine. Don't rush though however much fun it is, i've seen so many people rush into this and buy so much so quickly that they burn out.
You have some great looking figures, the LFB in particular, oh and plus the Landspeeder. I'll look forward to watching your collection grow.
Best of luck dude.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Broke, that Luke is gorgeous!!! Even with the repro Saber I stand by what I said... Worth every penny... Besides, you can replace the repro Lightsaber, pick one up later whenever you can... Or hell, do what my Wife and I do... make a toothpick lightsaber for him out of a pirate sword cocktail toothpick!! They look far better and deadlier anyways, lol!
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks Jez, much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi again Broke, here is a photo of some toothpick Lightsabers that I made for our figures... I sold these guys off with my Death Star Playset last month, but I wanted you to see what I was talking about.... I am sure some will frown on me for it, but I love them!

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 1978_k10
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Broke- That look farm boy looks great, wish mine looked as sweet as him (adds him to the never ending list of stuff to buy/upgrade)
And @Jez is right, never be afraid to ask questions on the forums, most of the guys on them are good guys that will be willing to help you out.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 6:36 pm

I've definitely asked questions here. But I own a watch forum (wristwatches) and know that it can be burdensome at times to answer the same questions over and over. So I try to search first to see what's available on my question. This place has been really awesome so far. I've bought 3 or 4 things from members here already. And maybe a tie fighter tonight.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12    2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Broke,

Wishing you much luck with the Tie Fighter, hope it works out for you man!
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Machinegunn wrote:
Artoo_Detour, thanks for the kind words on the Greedo... I will go ahead and take some photos as well and get the price sticker thread started as soon as possible... I can't wait to see the John Menzies stickers from UK!

Machinegunn - congrats on the Greedo moc, such a cool character cheers

I'm also a fan of price stickers and love seeing the different versions and stores.

Can't recall a price stickers thread so go ahead and start one if you like. I took pics of what few moc I have to catlogue the stickers which I can add. My favourites are the John Menzies stickers from UK.

Hey Artoo_Detour,

The thread is all set up, can't wait to see the UK price stickers, cheers man!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 2:28 pm

I picked up a dark dome R2D2 and a light dome R2D2 today along with the 40th anniversary diorama. The dark dome is on this display:

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 41aJ9b4

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 D1HpvEp

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 SqiWav5
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Congrats on the R2 units Broke! Your display looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Broke - I think that 40th display works well with vintage, looks great

I had this little beauty turn up today
Topps Candy Head (empty)
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 34537802516_5c0d41bfa9_b
Over here in the U.K. we never got these second wave of these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next