The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 9:40 pm

That EV-9D9 looks great!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 12:53 am

dj121 wrote:
That EV-9D9 looks great!

Thanks he's in really good shape. I am getting everything from one seller mostly
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 am

Just catching up with this thread, some lovely purchases :Drool:

Centurio - that's a minty-looking Yak and some nice accessories too. The mystery gun is likely G.I. Joe if it's the same scale. Check online for GIJoe accessories and you might spot it.

Bill - congrats on the Taiwan painted helmet Fett. I have a nice Taiwan Fett but not being a variant collector how do I know if it's painted or moulded helmet?

Derrick - congrats on the Jabba playset bits and pieces. Always good to piece together items and hopefully you can get a real replacement soon for that repro hatch you got stuffed with.

Matt - that's a sweet LL Biker Scout cheers

John - super haul of stuff cheers cheers

Broke - congrats on the latest pieces for the finishing run. Glad you're back in the game after that scare!

You went from this...

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Images10

... to this...

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Images10

... in just a couple of days lol!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 pm

@Broke Super excited that you stayed in the game! Congrats on the new pick-ups, looks like a pricey lot but they look more than worth it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 am

Been Holidaying with the wife’s family for a couple of weeks, so haven’t had a chance to log in that much but wanted to see what goodies people have been picking up…

@hellhippie – That is a lovely looking Yoda. Great pick-up! Is that a” green” snake? I love the PAC-MAN eyes
Bill thanks for your comments, yup the letters on the Hilt say “HH”. I was wondering if more than one factory made the first Vader figures and if so,  did they all use letters? It would be good to identify what factory made this figure.

@DarthMatt22 – For a buck, that is a great odd-ball pick-up and with photo-copiers these days you can make a few copies of the Yoda puzzles to fill and complete yourself  lol! !

@Broke – Wow Broke, 3 weeks ago you needed just 11 figures to go. That’s an epic achievement; though, I wonder how many of these you would have picked up by the time I read this thread to the end.

@ArtooDetour – Thanks for the kind words Paul and glad you like the Ackbar Custom. Been practising with the wife’s Cannon whilst on holiday but like you it on Auto. I would like to learn more and perhaps get a Macro lenses for getting close-up photos of the weapons.

@Broke – I still have a long way to go for a complete run, I am taking my time to get the best figures with the correct weapons and I am also interested in getting the variations, so this is taking time as I am doing the research. Saw your latest additions, some nice figures and great that you’re enjoying the hunt. Keeping the Yak until last is a nice touch.

@Centurio – Talking of Yaks, yours looks lovely and a minty Barada to keep him company inside the parcel with  – Well Done sir! Wish I had friends that send me little gifts of Star Wars accessories, but sadly I am told that I collect so much star wars they don’t have too 

@hellhippie – Bill, that Taiwan Fett is awesome –
Is the blue part of the helmet painted? Just a bit confused and wondering if that means the head is moulded in a different colour plastic?
I never heard of this variation until today, so many thanks for sharing.
EDIT
I did a further bit of reading and can understand what you mean now – some the Tiawan fetts have had a spray of blue paint on the face before the red and black paint details have been applied. That is interesting – you can read more Here.

@Broke – It is really nice that you are ridding your collection of the reproduction weapons. I know a lot of people like to burn or destroy these repros, but I tend to collect them, once spotted, in a separate bin (clearly marked as such). It helps me spot repros in newly bought figures as I have samples to compare against.
Luke Stormtrooper disguise and Amanaman figures – so it’s 9 to go now!! Concur – he should have that black imperial blaster.
The MLC-3 (aka the tank to a 5 year old me) was always a favourite in my line-up, protecting my snowspeeder from imperial attack. As such I always look fondly at them whenever I see them.

@dj121 – That’s such a really cool project - restoring a Jabba playset. I heard about your fake trap door though – madness! I am lucky that I still have mine from a boy, Apart from Jabba’s arms being glued in by my dad (after too many recreations of Han’s rescue) and the little pipe thingy missing, it all there.
Once it is ready for display, are you going to get one of the 3D cardboard dioramas that Kenner/Hasbro made a few years back to display him on?

I remember Marco (Dr Dengar) making an awesome throne room diorama by hand out of clay and showing it off here on TIG (I think it was made with clay).

@Darthmatt22 – Matt that’s a lovely Ledy scout. He looks so minty. I like the natural background for the scout photo with the plant décor. Good luck with all the other figure and weapons your after!

@TrappedTexan – Hi bill, I think you can still get the Jabba bowl overstock baggies which will have the pipe bit that you need. I was reading about the thin leg biker scout only yesterday in this thread: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3195-no-coo-macao-biker-scout-bird-legs-biker-scout

@DarthBerizing – John what a haul! And three days’ worth of deliveries.  I will be checking out the the “For Sale” threads for sure. Hard to tell in the photo, but did you score any tough varaitions? Well done. The Slave 1 looks lovely.

@Broke some lovely POTF pick-ups – agree with @Gorneesh the Imperial Dignitary looks really good and the legs on EV-9D9 are nice and straight. That was a nasty shock, and glad you didn’t have to sell anything.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:43 am

paul ,,,,, here , this is what craig just wrote and its correct . very noticeable in hand . the blue helmets are rarer than the regular taiwans

Bill, that Taiwan Fett is awesome –
Is the blue part of the helmet painted? Just a bit confused and wondering if that means the head is moulded in a different colour plastic?
I never heard of this variation until today, so many thanks for sharing.
EDIT
I did a further bit of reading and can understand what you mean now – some the Tiawan fetts have had a spray of blue paint on the face before the red and black paint details have been applied. That is interesting – you can read more Here.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 am

Some more acquisitions trickling in - The cards on some are a bit bashed in and in others the bubble are cracked but the figure are still secure and OK... so happy bunnies.

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Beater10
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 am

I really like the biker scout on card. I have no idea why. It's just aesthetically pleasing to me
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Nice Haul Craig! Does the Bespin guard have teeth showing or no?  Wicket is also one of my favorite Ewoks (That card is in pretty good shape),although I only have Chirpa in my collection.  

Well Done Sir and thanks for sharing!

Broke- I agree with you the design of the Biker Scout's card is nice.  For whatever reason my favorite card is the Hoth Snowtrooper(It's also one of my favorite figures other than Fett).
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 pm

TheSchwartz wrote:
Nice Haul Craig! Does the Bespin guard have teeth showing or no?  Wicket is also one of my favorite Ewoks (That card is in pretty good shape),although I only have Chirpa in my collection.  

Broke- I agree with you the design of the Biker Scout's card is nice.  For whatever reason my favorite card is the Hoth Snowtrooper(It's also one of my favorite figures other than Fett).

Crap I just realized that it's lando that has teeth or no teeth showing! But the Bespin Guards come in white or black, right?
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 pm

TheSchwartz wrote:
TheSchwartz wrote:

Crap I just realized that it's lando that has teeth or no teeth showing! But the Bespin Guards come in white or black, right?

Right Lando is teeth or no teeth and Bespin guards come in both black and white.
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 pm

@ DarthBerizing : the luckiest guy of the month, impressive purchases

ArtooDetour wrote:
The mystery gun is likely G.I. Joe if it's the same scale. Check online for GIJoe accessories and you might spot it.

Thanks Paul, impressive knowledge. bow  Pistol comes from zartan vintage gi joe
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 pm

centurio wrote:

ArtooDetour wrote:
The mystery gun is likely G.I. Joe if it's the same scale. Check online for GIJoe accessories and you might spot it.

Thanks Paul, impressive knowledge. bow  Pistol comes from zartan vintage gi joe

Brilliant, you found it cheers

@CraigT - congrats on that little moc haul cheers check your inbox soon for PM!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 12:21 pm

@Craig T - Nice pick-ups! How are you planning to display the cut card figures?
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 3:17 pm

It's been a while since I could post anything on here, due to my self imposed sabbatical, but I've decided its time to finally finish my loose run.
I know these are nothing fancy or rare but they mean a lot to me and it feels great to be back in the game.
Picked up these great figures from our leader on here, thanks dude.
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 37106822884_4151fa9ba0_c
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 4:21 pm

2 variant grabs, and 2 upgrades

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Y4mMibLUGPZnf56K5pz9SN3aPotjFRV3f237SmXvSfXHasoXT5MxrMT7GSi2v_0imqL7LGp2C2jiQFdUGZG-aZeSU-70-vL5PFHDTqz8cOAbnPP16yUt43Dgi3iJOY9p_OEz26epGiTCdvJI9QTbQSgftDpfllMpS85Sm92NejBkG_OlUUwCiYfkm_pL3dM7YvlqHG5D1_brXxRtPtdExmgmw?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 6:12 am

nice cheers
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Calrissian_Charm wrote:

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Y4mMibLUGPZnf56K5pz9SN3aPotjFRV3f237SmXvSfXHasoXT5MxrMT7GSi2v_0imqL7LGp2C2jiQFdUGZG-aZeSU-70-vL5PFHDTqz8cOAbnPP16yUt43Dgi3iJOY9p_OEz26epGiTCdvJI9QTbQSgftDpfllMpS85Sm92NejBkG_OlUUwCiYfkm_pL3dM7YvlqHG5D1_brXxRtPtdExmgmw?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

Whoa! nice

I don't have anything this week.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Calrissian_Charm wrote:

Wow! Nice grabs!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 pm

great pick ups!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 8:56 am

So I've been wanting one of these for awhile and finally found one at a reasonable price.  Just arrived in the mail yesterday. I used my childhood Sensorscope R2 for comparison.  

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Img_0510
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Img_0511
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Img_0512
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 Img_0513
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 am

nice r2 cheers
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:51 am

@Gorneesh Anything bounty hunter related is always awesome! Nice pick-ups to get back in the game.

@Calrissian_Charm Amazing, minty grab! That Luke though. pirat

@TheSchwartz - Beautiful R2! Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Nothing again for this week. head bang
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Broke wrote:
Nothing again for this week.  head bang

Don't feel bad. You've been part of a major contribution to this thread week in and week out.

Everyone deserves a break once in awhile! geek cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next