The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 9:54 am

Craig, yes the bib staffs appear to be unique to whatever coo bib they came with ..

almost done with my ledys now .. cant believe i only need 2 and the band .. anyways
a nice ledy leia combat poncho with all ledy accesories although mine came with a kenner gun so to a kenner figure that goes ..
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Ledy_l10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Congrats Matt on completing the line.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Thank you guys for the kind words!

@hellhippie - I have no idea where my collection will go from here or what to focus on, etc. Happy to see you picked up another Ledy, though. It's a beauty! You're so close to the finish line.

@Craig T - I definitely am going to set them all up for a final photo. Just waiting on the figure stands. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 3:27 pm

variants dude VARIANTS Matt , its time lol!

just got a nice brown cape no coo squidhead

here he is next to my made in hong kong , you can clearly see the differences in cape color and texture too

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Squidh11
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Squidh10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 4:29 am

Bill - congrats on the LL Leia and the no coo Squid cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Somehow skimmed past the ledy Leia. Congrats on that and the squished bill.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Congrats Bill!

I don't know if I want to dive into that deep rabbit hole, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 8:03 am

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your comments about Bib – My next target is to acquire a minty bib with the correct Staff. Great pick-ups there with your Leia - she looks minty and squid looks nice too!

Here’s my little haul...

I picked up a few mint ROTJ figures to go with my Squid, that I received last week, for my mint figure set that I am working on:

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Img_8211

The figures are not too bad considering their ages, so I am happy with them.

The Left Gamorrean Guard (NCOO) appears to be a “Made in Mexico” version as the armour is a darker colour than what is on the Gammy fella on the right (he has a HONG KONG COO). I am wondering if the axe or figure sculpt will have markers to help me identify further? Can any help here? I know my Luke Jedis inside out, but my knowledge of other figures is sketchy at the moment to say the least.

My big purchase for August is Yoda; I have bought one still sealed MOC to keep safe for the little guy for when he’s much older and also a loose one (complete) for my minty figure run.

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Img_8113

I intended for the new loose Yoda that I have just purchased, to replace what I thought was a Yoda with fake accessories. The orange snake for my old Yoda seemed too stiff to be real and also his cane, although passing all the TIG water tests, lacked the sharp details I have seen in other Yoda figures.  I bought my old Yoda back in 1999 when studying in Canada and when I came back and compared him to brown snake version, I remember being disappointed to think I had been stung with the fake accessories.

When hunting around the house the other day I found my old Yoda again and to my surprise it looks nigh-on identical to the sealed MOC version.  Here’s a shot of them:

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Img_8114

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Img_8116

This has thrown me a bit as the new loose Yoda is now the odd one out – I have been assured it 100% original and the previous owner kept it stored in its bubble, so he still had the yellow card for the feet. However, its cape, the snake, cane and belt are different.  Here’s a comparison of the two loose Yodas

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Img_8212

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 Img_8117

The old Yoda is on the left, the new Yoda is on the right. I had a look at their markings and they both have slightly different date and COO stamps too. (Left Yoda: Small ©, fainter details, bigger space between Hong Kong; Right Yoda: Bigger ©, sharper details).

For the Luke Jedi figure, there was more than one Hong Kong factory making them, so maybe this is the case for Yoda? That would explain the different accessories and cape texture. Is there anyone who can care share more details on where my new loose Yoda originates from? Or what card back he might have come from?

Cheers in advance of any help! 
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 11:42 am

Craig, if you look on the main site for gg ax you can see which mold it is. If memory serves it is darker Brown than any other ax I have.  http://www.imperialgunnery.com/staffs-axes

Due to photo bucket issues some of the guides are now missing pics. We are trying to remedy that when we run into it.

As far as the Yoda goes, there are tons of variants. I am not a big Yoda guy but just very quickly found a Yoda focus on rs: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1002373
And believe that guy is still around so maybe he can answer your question if no one here can.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 pm

craig different factories usually means different details , thats what ive read and noticed in my collection
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Craig,

Nice additions!  What Cardback is your Yoda?
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Nice Craig!

I'm jealous of the Yoda's! He's my favorite. bounce
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 am

Nice loose ROTJ additions Craig! And that's a sweet ESB Yoda moc :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm

I have a LOT of new stuff incoming thanks to someone on this forum who may or may not want to be named so I'll let him make that call. But I'm incredibly excited. Of course pics pending. I should have them by Wednesday of next week.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Some recent additions for me. Some beater LXW Pilots to add to the army along with a bobble head, a Hong Kong Fett to go with my Taiwan, Darth with cheesy custom cloth cape and saber, custom Tusken XWP, and at long last a small head Han Solo cheers  

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 A_sw_l10

The small head Han is in decent shape, didn't come with a blaster but luckily I have some spares. Here he is next to his big head bro, always disliked the BH version so I'm happy to have finally got a SH.
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 B_sw_l10

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 C_sw_l10

Big thanks to Mark Bellomo for giving this to ImperialGunnery.com and to John for sending it over. Only had a quick skim but it's an absolute beauty of a book!
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 D_sw_l10

And the TIG fullsize Leia blaster cheers
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 E_sw_l10
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Nice group of additions, Paul!

I like how unique that Tusken Raider is. Laughing Not sure if he'd be able to communicate with Red Squadron, let alone fit inside a helmet...

And agreed about Han. I'm not a fan of the BH either. :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 am

i agree with Mattthat tusken is sick cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 10:26 am

Nice pickups Paul. The custom is really cool. Is that based on some expanded universe character or completely made up? Now that you have a Leia pistol maybe you can add a pic of it to the tig limelight since it is tig merch. Is that a new book or something? Not sure I have heard of it before.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 2:55 pm

once again nothing special but they are variants i needed so.....

made in taiwan chewbacca

smooth restraining bolt death star droid with small rivet in the back

no coo nien numb , date stamp on the right leg . he came with a repro weapon but we all know where that ended up real quick...

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 New11
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm

A few items from a forum member came in the mail today. This is a nice haul of vintage stuff. I really want to put the Jawa playset together but the parts are sealed in the packaging still. What do ya'll think? Should I just open it?

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 UtKGYb2

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 4RBnYnM

2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 LhlW0vG
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Bill, congrats on expanding the collection even more. Small variants, but variants none the less.

Broke, good pickups. There are likely lots of open playsets around but few sealed factory bags. No way would I open it when someone may value it more unopened and you can get an open one without making less sealed examples in existence. Just my opinion, but I am one of those "we are just the curators of the hobby and have a responsibility to preserve what we can" type of guys in this hobby.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 pm

I opened it. I couldn't find all the parts.  I play with my toys though.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Lots of awesome pickups guys, and Broke I am like most and won't open sealed items, but I'm also the type who believes it's yours to do as you will. I also love the cool custom tusken pilot.

I did pick up a few new items a couple weeks ago, I forgot to post them though. I got these off a fellow collector here in the city.
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 2017-016
2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 2017-015
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 1:36 am

Nice looking pick ups, guys!

@Broke -- You're gonna' have to build more shelves for your display. Cool Glad everything arrived safe and sound!

@hellhippie -- Do you have a special blender for repro weapons?

@arohk -- They look in perfect shape for army building Cool
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
Nice looking pick ups, guys!

@Broke -- You're gonna' have to build more shelves for your display. Cool Glad everything arrived safe and sound!

@hellhippie -- Do you have a special blender for repro weapons?

@arohk -- They look in perfect shape for army building Cool

i agree with Bryan opening is a no go in my book but ... it is yours

Matt more like a fire pit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   2 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next