The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:16 am

The second wave is scheduled for release just before x-mas.

I cant remember when the 3rd wave is scheduled, probably around February or March.

The 3rd wave has the stormtrooper and obi wan episode 3 and Luke Bespin. We dont know yet what would be figure 4 ( because they are usually wave of 4). I might actually be Yoda since hasbro since to want to match figures that are from the same movie or theme.

But my guess is good as anyone on this right now. It might be a smaller wave too.

Jeditemplearchives have a lot of articles on this line. I would go there is you want more info and reviews....
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:20 am

My limelight thread

You can actually look at my limelight thread where i posted a ton of info on the 6 inch line. Lots of video review for your info.

or you can look at those:

other review:

R2 D2 review by Galactic Hunter

Boba and Han SDCC

Boba and Han SDCC

Ok this guy is a little bit weird but you get a better view of the figures....

Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 pm

I'm really hoping to pick up the Sandtrooper this week! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm hoping that maybe these will start to show up locally. Got my Amazon order today and, like the 3.75" figure I received last week, it was shipped in a paper bag and arrived crushed.

Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:34 pm

I picked up (well the wife brought me) the 6" Sandtrooper today in ToysRus. I have to say I thought that they looked cool from the pictures of them, but having had one in hand they are really good.
I am going to pick up some more of the OT figures If I can, Boba fett next and then a  Stormtrooper and Vader when they come out are a sure.
Would love for them to do a few vehicles a Dewback for my Sandtrooper would now be sweet.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:30 pm

the second wave is gonna be a killer. there is no lame figure in the wave. All best seller. Boba Fett is gonna sell like drugs to addict plus a Han Solo, Greedo and Slave Leia are not a pass for me. This is gonna kill my wallet big time since
i buy multiples of them. I already own 2 sandtroopers and 2 r2 and plan as getting as much sandies as i can.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:00 pm

After getting the Sandtrooper the other day I got the R2 today, these two figures will do me out of the 1st wave.
From the 2nd wave Boba and Gredo will be a certain, not sure about the others.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I am definitely picking up Fett and Slave Leia from wave 2. I know Slave Leia isn't that awesome looking (IMO), but I have to have her to add to my goofy side-focus.
Fett is, well, Fett, so yeah, I gotta get one.

I would LOVE a Leia Bespin, but for some reason I don't see that happening. I hope I am wrong, but I would be over the moon if they did.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Bit late to the party as they've only just been released here, but I had to get Luke as a late birthday pressie to go into the focus cheers 

the détails are just superb with lots of attention paid, especially with the weathering of the flight suit and helmet. And plenty of fun to be had striking different poses. The Sandtrooper is awesome and I'd be tempted to get that too!

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_10

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_12

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_13

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_14
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 pm

HOLY CRAP! I just saw the price of these in the new Target that just opened here in Cambridge.affraid  I was just wandering around while I was waiting for my step daughter, while she was at the dentist. Think I will stay away from them just for price alone.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:16 pm

You cant just discard this line for the price alone. These figures are just fantastic. Especially the sandtrooper. I just cant get enough of him. I want to make a squad of them.

If people can pay 60$ for a new TVC x-wing they can get 2 figures from this wave and they are already done halfway of that wave and with whats coming in wave 2 you wont want to miss on this line.

If Hasbro does not mess things up this is the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 am

My small collection so far! Unfortunately due to their price, I can't buy as many in one go as I'd like to, so the collection is building slowly. However, I plan to get the rest soon!

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1712
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:24 pm

I love that Sandtrooper. I'd love an IG-88 to be released. A Gammy Guard in this scale would be sweet too. Oh and a 2-1B. And an FX-7. And DSD. All droids and alien characters I guess. LOL
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 am

kisstour03 wrote:
I love that Sandtrooper. I'd love an IG-88 to be released. A Gammy Guard in this scale would be sweet too. Oh and a 2-1B. And an FX-7. And DSD. All droids and alien characters I guess. LOL

Well the standard Stormtrooper figure in Wave 3 comes with IG-88's gun so that could mean they'll do an IG-88 figure at some point. I hope so!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:11 am

I picked up an R2-D2 a few weeks ago to go with my LXWP. I think I'd like to add a few more but def not the whole line.
Good job my local store here is so slow in adding these figures to the shelf  Sleep 

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_11
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Finally got my hands on Boba Fett!! I had to pay a bit extra on the secondary market since he is nowhere to be found in stores and as for months he's eluded me each time my local comic book stores have got new stock. Glad to finally add him to the collection! cheers

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1810

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1811

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1812

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1813

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1814

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1815
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Hey all, this line has/had great potential but keeps producing duds... Great first wave only complaints R2 isn't to scale and I wish Maul had a clothe robe. Second wave: Slave Leia has a funky neck but I'm happy to have her. The 3rd wave: really another luke and Stormtrooper already..... 4th: an Anakin (no thanks), oh and another (pre) Stormtrooper.... but a hopefully to scale Chewy..

I'd like to see all the Bounty Hunters, Imperial Guard, Cantina Creatures.... ect. Just to name a few. Hell, how about a mail away or some crazy cool exclusive. Well thats my few cents..
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Picked up Bespin Luke today! Great figure indeed! Very Happy

The likeness could be better but it's not bad. My only complaint really is that the lightsaber is a very pale blue, hardly blue at all, like Obi-Wan's. I don't know why they didn't stick with the blue colour they used for the lightsaber that came with X-Wing Luke. Also the hilt is finished with a different paint this time; it's shinier and looks cheaper. Both the hilt and the blade are more bendy than before, too. Not to worry though, since X-Wing Luke never used his lightsaber (at least not in Episode 4 which that figure is based on), I'll just swap their lightsabers around.

But yes, besides that, great figure. I would recommend! cheers

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1910

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1911

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1912

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1913

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Dscn1914

Here's my full review. bounce

cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Happily added a Kylo Ren Cool  

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Kylo_r10

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Kylo_r11

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Kylo_r12

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Kylo_r13
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 10:37 pm

Paul, I don't really collect modern, but that figure looks great. I am holding out to see how the movie goes to see if I want any merchandise (might be a bad plan). One question, and I didn't see if you own a fett or not, but is this probably the most affordable best fett representative in modern stuff? Is not which version is? Not talking about sideshow or anything else really expensive, but mainly smaller scale and affordable.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Bryan, I think the Fett is a great-looking sculpt and one I'd definitely like to add. Add to that the accessories and articulation and I think you'd go a long way to find better for the price.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Paul (or anybody who may know) I see that there is a black series fett that is just the fett and then I see that there is one that was a comic con special that has a Han carbonite with him. Is there a difference in the two fetts that you know of? I haven't researched this yet, but from the few pics I have seen they look the same, just want to make sure one isn't better or worse than the other.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 4:44 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Paul (or anybody who may know) I see that there is a black series fett that is just the fett and then I see that there is one that was a comic con special that has a Han carbonite with him.  Is there a difference in the two fetts that you know of?  I haven't researched this yet, but from the few pics I have seen they look the same, just want to make sure one isn't better or worse than the other.

I don't know if there are any differences tbh. But there is also a very cool 6 inch Black Series Fett with white prototype armour. Another I'd like to add.

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Boba-f10
Photo: Starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/news/prototype-boba-fett-black-series-figure-exclusive-reveal
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 10:45 pm

:Drool: that is an awesome fett. I need to check this line out a bit more I am thinking.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Pleased to add the two pack Riot Control Stormtrooper and Poe Dameron to the collection.

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_21

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_15 1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_13 1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_16 1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_14

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_12

1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_17 1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_18 1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_19 1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 Black_20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   1 - Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next